Come back home boys. Vanilla is calling for you. You remember Dead Mines and RFC right...

Come back home boys. Vanilla is calling for you. You remember Dead Mines and RFC right. Going through your first dungeon. Leveling in the barrens and westfall was ultra comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=RaJyABDmDYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dwarf paladin reporting, where my ally bros at?

For the Horde!!!

>"no gf, no gainz goblin"
>classic announced
well im fucked boys, it was a nice ride tho

Damnit I just got major feels thinking back about that. I'm a doctor training to become a trauma surgeon right now but that shit was the shit right there

it's like over 3 years away bro

>training to become a trauma surgeon
You'll be my healslut then.

Can't think of a game that's ruined more lives than this one. Maybe Minecraft, if you count it taking away the only chance today's preteens have of ever being normal.

>started playing in '05, was about 12 or 13 back then
>learned English and German just from playing the game
>made a bunch of friends online in the 3 years I've played it, was in a great guild on Maelstrom
>raiding and socializing all day erry day, while also in touch with irl mates some of whom also play
>quit a bit after WotLK, start focusing on last year of highschool and uni afterwards, but always miss vanilla
>Just this year I resubbed for Legion now that I have my shit in order (nice job, gf, own apartment and finally Veeky Forums)

Why the fuck are people saying this game ruins/ruined their lives? It taught me 2 languages, time management, discipline, social skills and moderation. Sure a bunch of people become shut in neckbeards while playing it, but it isn't this game specifically causing it, it's all vidya and shitty parenting + natural selection.

I don't trust Blizz not to fuck it up but as someone who grew up on Vanilla WoW it makes me pretty nostalgic.

>find deviant fish recipe
>me and my buddy think we'll make a killing so we go outside WC to lv up fishing
>end up just fucking around with random people, making a campfire, and hanging out all afternoon

FOR THE HORDE

So what's this?

They're just rereleasing vanilla for a nostalgia run like Runescape 2007??

How is this different from those vanilla servers people play for free.

will it progress?

i'm horde only for ethical reasons, but love the paladin class. idk why blizz even bothered making other classes.

As a player who almost only plays PVE I really don't understand the appeal of anything but Druids.

They already said they aren't implementing anything that wasn't there in the first place. No dungeon finder, no cross realm, no tokens, etc. The only things they are debating about right now are what patch to start it on, will LBRS/UBRS be 5 or 10 man on launch, and if they should implement further balance patches after release so class and spec balance isn't absolute garbage.

westfall being confirmed for comfiest possible

btw what about textures, models and graphics? do they plan to upgrade them or will it be exact the same as back then?

Because druids are shit teir at all things insted of masters at one.

It would be amazing if Blizz is going to use the poll system osrs uses. Where they pass every update through the community and only if it fails to reach X% they won't implement it in the game

Ill say this once and its all that needs said.

If you arent playing a warrior then you aren't Veeky Forums

Anything shorter then a NE, human, forsaken, troll or tauren is a filthy manlet.

don't think they said anything about that, but they mentioned the majority of their data for that era is completely gone so they will have to remake some stuff from scratch again. They have a huge team just as big as the normal WoW team working on this.

Sonic Adventure 2.

I bet blizzard will manage to ruin it by putting crap that wasn't there at the time.

Also, WOTLK had the best gameplay.

Pretty much spend every wakingi minute from 15-18 sacrificing my sleep, health and grades because I was addicted to the false sense of accomplishment the gladiator title gave me.

Right here my man. Human holy pally.

I predict that it will get boring af very very quickly. If they keep the original level speed (which they wont lol) most people will not even hit 60.

>inb4 where is muh classic endgaym forum posts

wotlk had one good raid but it was the best one ever

>wotlk had one good raid
You fokin w0t.

Yea trial of crusader was pretty epic

pretty sure he meant ulduar but who cares that much about pve anyway. PVP was cash, I miss the warriors gameplay so much.

I think they're full of shit when they say that. If some random guys can do it they can too. Most of it should be very well documented.

Yeah, no. Just cut your losses. You sank hundreds of hours of your precious youth into this shitheap of a game.

the only reason i got into WoW was because of zyzz....fuck this brings back the feels. am i a scrub if i play it again

I"m going to use my passion for this game as fuel to get even more gains, it will be the opposite of a gains goblin.

TAUREN
HUNTER
REPORTING IN

>not going retribution paladin to question your life choices to unprecedented depths

then I'd be playing on cuckliance.

Tauren smoke weed and gore people ez ch oice
plus i get a boner for tauren

~ daily reminder that only edgy teenagers play horde in wow and terrorists in cs ~

Not even gonna be half as fun when you're not sitting on vent/skype with your friends, and then talking about the game while hanging out or at school.
The good times are in the past, you can't relive them.

Besides this (and Guild Wars) ruined my puberty by having me stay up on school nights and cuck myself out of sleep.

if Zyzz was alive, would he play WoW Classic?

This, the game may be there but the life you had back then will never be back

yes

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=RaJyABDmDYM

My life is 10x better than it was back then and all my friends are picking up the game as well. Sure I might not see them as often as I did when we were at school, but we still talk on skype all the time.

It'll be fun to play, just not hardcore poopsocking that's for sure.

WoW got incrementally better with each patch why would anyone bother with this shit?

I stopped playing after second or third expansion but not because it was a worse game, just that the grind got boring.

Do people expect the same old content that you can grind out in a month is going to hold their attention for long?

Have you seen the number of players that were on Nostalrius and Elysium? granted those were free but this is an official vanilla server, there will be hundreds of thousands of players willing to jump onto this.

yea there were literally 15k online on nostalrius at any given time, and it was a bootleg server. insane

Fuck guys, I wanna come back strong to reg wow (spend some time each day scheduled out) and even try classic even though I started at the end of BC. But fuck, is it possible to get enjoyment of this game when it tries to suck so much out of you? I also hate not at least being a tryhard healslut and beating hard mythic dungeons or raids. Something tells me getting denied by thots would someone be more productive.

That why I bot with honorbuddy.

NO! STOP!

I haven't played in like 2 monthes. Please anonkun. no.

you are seriously retarded and know nothing about the community

Nice projection there WOTLK baby

Fugg... there goes all my gains...

>tfw this will be at least a year away
>tfw you realize you have exactly 1 year left in your degree so it will line up perfectly

The only question now lads, is Priest, Mage or Hunter?

I'm probably going to continue playing private servers until they've made official WotLK servers. Currently playing on Dalaran and Warmane, I miss Nostalrius but I got tired of Vanilla after a short while.

>tfw I'll be starting my masters degree when this comes out

Dunno if its a good feel

does this shit still cost 15 a month?

Given how well his supplement business was doing right before he died he probably would be retired by now.

I recon Zyzz would have had some sort of injury and would just sit around making YouTube videos and playing WoW classic all day, the lifestyle he had would have gotten old and he'd have became more relaxed.

>tfw haven't paid for wow since tokens came out

the answer is yes though

>taught me 2 languages
dwarven and gnomish don't count

Veeky Forums guild name?

Oaths and Squats

WC and SFK were my shit. Also, what was your comfiest place leeling? Hillsbrad Foothills were hella comfy for me.

Also, Tauren Bear Tank reporting

Starting Strength

Frostmourne aesthetics goblin stompers
Then make it an acronym for edficiencys sake.

>edficiencys
>corrected from efficiencies
Serves me right for phone posting At work, but they've made 7 iterations of this phone. How hard can it be to not fuck this shit up.

source?

>never got a chance to play wow before blizzard fucked it up
>finally get the chance to play as a healslut

Halo 2 and Halo 3

Swolediers of forchun

Squat PUGs

I played Nostalrius for few hours and forgot how much of a boring slog it was. Only my early teen imagination and the time period made it possible

most people who have only played the current game will probably drops it at lvl 30 and cry like faggots to blizzard begging to "reduce the grind" and "add QoL features"
the game is just not for them, the players who love the comfy vanilla wow grind will be around for years to come

RUNNING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

Hello Veeky Forums can you please help me this shit is literally killing me.

I possibly have the worst posture in the world and its destroying my health and I dont know how to fix it and am getting so frustrated trying to only to fail.

I have rounded shoulders with a forward head tilt, absolutely NO ENGAGED BACK MUSCLES AT ALL.. I have essentially molded into using only my abs for support. as a result they are a balled knotted mess. they have spasm'd on me in every place possible as well as gone cold from tensing them so much.my lower back is basically non existant and I have an extreme form of lumbar lordosis.. my legs are not used correctly essentially I use a very small portion of my calves and quads, instead of the whole thing.

I had decent posture 2 months ago but suffered 2 months of severe anxiety and panic attacks during which time I basically didnt move and spent the entire time curled up in a ball and clenching my stomach in fear, this, along with profuse masturbation is how my fucked up posture came to be.

Ive tried planks, foam rolling my abs, walking, but it seems because my posture is so fucked up any excersize i do just reinforces the incorrect posture and makes it worse.

I think the most important part is getting my back engaged fully to support me instead of using my knotted abs and tense neck and knees for most support.

I cant even properly stretch because im unable to engage my back properly from the top to bottom of my spine, and you need to have a straight back for stretches to be effective so i cant even stretch

i desperately need a way to engage my abs and back/legs properly can anyone please help

>tfw you wasted your teenage years playing halo and WoW

He doesn't remember warlock/druid dominating in Arena 2s

Veeky Forums guild should have very strict requirements:

Character must be male
Class mustn't be a pussy (Warriors, Paladins, Druids, Shamans, Hunters)
No retarded races (Gnomes, Trolls)

If you played Vanilla you would know exactly why Druids aren't appealing.

sleep without a pillow and facing the ceiling
its hard bur it helped me, also when you can lean against a wall and try to put your back in a neutral position(straight) it will hurt but its good

Never played WoW, but Old School RuneScape came out in 2013 and it's at an all time high player count right now. OSRS is grindy as shit, maxing with perfect efficiency is something like 3500 hours.

Respec costs were a bitch, and sure... hots didn't stack... but if you have the support personality and mindset you'll have fun. I was a healer druid in vanilla and I just hooked up with warriors to grind / pvp / and raid. I remember people bitching because they were trying to be a rogue or trying to be a tank... and you can't... that shit is for leveling. Being unkillable is pretty nice.

Additionally, it was fucking easy to just roll a rogue alt and do all your farming.
>started as mage
>hated our main tank
>rolled a tank, really good at it
>got bored
>rolled a druid
>had a blast
All vanilla

I know, I was a druid, just felt a bit shit that two talent trees were effectively useless

though 30/21 feral/NS hybrid was great for pvp

Need Buffs

Good idea, I'm going to be a Tauren Enhancement Shaman

>no gnomes
MANLETS OUT

>hunters
>not pussies

>trolls
>not chads
lmao, trolls make everybody else manlets. Even tauren.

Hunters trap and kill animals for friends and food, ALPHA.

There is no fucking way I can play this game without it taking over my entire life again. I'm nine months sober and I'm not about to re-ruin my life with a fucking video game I put down years ago.
>i really want to though

Oh yeah they are pretty alpha in vanilla. They actually used melee back then, and had to manage arrows. Shaman is /ourclass/ though, we got the windfury gains to one shot dyel mages and rogues.

Even though that game is time consuming, how the fuck can't you find 45 minutes a day to still keep lifting. The idea that a game would steal your gains is so fucking pathetic to me, you're not 15 years old anymore. The game itself is perfectly fine to play as an adult, just do your other shit.

my guild was the first on the realm to kill algalon and yogg 25man

was one of the best times in my life.

/pol/ vs Veeky Forums would be fun

>got in at TBC and left at WotLK

I can't play Blood Elf pally, so what should i roll as? I'm thinking either Tauren shammy or gnome mage

NOT ANYMORE

honestly the game is more fun when you play a bit every day and you have your shit together. not as fun if you are playing to escape your problems. balance is everything. not every wow player back in the day was a no life kid. my guild was full of interesting people who had jobs/family.