Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-can-humans-stay/
stronglifts.com/gomad-8-common-mistakes-you-must-avoid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is 17 too young? I'm 22

Alright Veeky Forums, halp me
>leg day today
>first workout after 2 weeks of sickness
>started where I left off last time, doing some leg presses, almost done with the whole session
>suddenly nausea, dizziness, have to stop mid-rep
>see i'm pale as fuck in the mirror, eyes feel strange, everything is slowly becoming back
>sit on the ground, shit's still growing darker from the edges of my vision
>feel like I'm seconds from passing out
>takes about 5-6 mins to recover, still weak as a cunt
some more info, had a full breakfast in the morning, chicken+pasta for lunch, took some vitamins and creatine (recommended amount in capsule form) 90-ish mins before workout, drank a lot of water throughout the day, so I don't think it was lack of energy, and I've been working out 3 years, never had this happen to me.

So, was it blood pressure/blood sugar? What can I do to avoid this shit in the future when I exert myself? i feel like a pussy now.

>becoming black*

fug.

Too young for what

Seems like you're just totally fatigued.
>started off where you left off after two weeks of being sick
you shouldn't have done that. Getting sick will always hurt your gains and you should deload before jumping back on the wagon.

to fugg ;D

What can I do about the gap between my puny bicep and my elbow? I presume it's just shitty insertions but suggestions would be welcome

The only thing I can think of is:
1. You're still a bit sick
2. Low sugar
3. Low sodium
4. Workout too heavy idk

Literally the only thing you can do is get bigger forearms to hide the gap.

Its the insertions yeah. Get a bigger bicep you'll get a higher peak (than people with longer muscle bellies) but it won't fill the gap.

alright boys guess this is what I expected but will just take it lighter

leg muscles must use more engergy than arms anyway, figured might be that I fatigued myself more than I realised. Tomorrow's chest day, hope I don't guillotine myself

luv u fit

Suicide x F

I've just noticed that I don't have enough protein in my meal plan, are to scoops or protein powder [50g] per day too much?

How many carbs to eat on refuel days?
Im 90kg

The golden rule is YourAge/2+7 = Minimum age of girls you can date without looking like a creep.
22/2+7=18 means she is too young brah. Though the rule is more of a guideline to gauge what the response from the people around you will be desu. If she's hot and legal where you're at I say go for it.

Does anyone have book recommendations about lifting, bodybuilding and muscle growth? It could also be papers about these subjects.

How to make cardio more tolerable? I can only run for about 7 mins before getting bored af

Also, what are the basic staples from your grocery list?

Yeah I thought so, thanks anyway
pls no bully ;_;

Music, podcast, goal to run to.

Is it wise to do last set AMRAP set on compound movements on more ICF, if I'm doing 3 sets instead of 5?

I'm looking for this routine, it's white and has only 2-3 lifts a day at 90% 4 days in a row, rest day, and then 1 day with every lift at 100%, followed by another rest day. Sound familiar to anyone? I lost the image on my last phone. Thanks in advance.

It's wise to ignore anything that idiot blaha has to say. Just do Phraks GSLP.

the sticky :^)

is hack squat a good exercise for legs?

i can't leg press and can't do lounges, so basically the exercises I do, counting both leg workouts are back and front squats, romanian DLs and leg curls and extensions

Going on a hard cut and adding a lot more cardio to my workout after my lifts. Should I still be drinking whey/ trying hit to my protein macros? Would be drinking it with water of course.

I just liked the extra volume.

I was squatting yesterday and felt some pain in my lower back on my left side.

It isn't constant, but it springs up when I have to squat down, bend over, or lift my right leg. I assume it's just a pulled muscle.

Anything I should do besides avoiding lower body lifting until recovers? Can you stretch to help it?

Sure, why would it hurt?

No. Leave it alone.

Should I shave my body hair?

Is it a huge problem? Ape here, I remember it took me 2 or 3 hours in the shower with Nair to get mine all out. Looked nice but when the hair starts growing back.... bad news. It looks worse and people definitely notice it a lot more. I can't even remember how long was the grace period before it started to grow back.

I have dark hair and feel like a turkish oil wrestler a lot of the time. If I could get it done quick and have it last I'd probably give it a go but the way you're describing it doesnt seem worth it.

If I roll dubs, will Rich come back?

My goal for protein for the day would be 115g's. How bad would it be if I got say 80-90 of it in protein powder? Should the scoops be the first thing I drink every day?

Am I working my legs too much?

>Squat and Deadlift M/W/F
>11 mile bike ride (about 45 minutes, just getting back into riding after like a 5 year hiatus) on rest days T/Th/Sat

They're pretty much sore all the time.

> How bad would it be if I got say 80-90 of it in protein powder?
nigger just eat some chicken breast jfc

Whey shouldn't be your only protein intake.

probably.

Yea I know the chicken and tuna deal but I got loads of whey given to me. I know whey shouldn't be the only whey intake, but how much can I get away with drinking? I'm trying to keep the calorie count low as possible.

I'd say unless you are heavily bulking max 3 scoops. You should try to eat as much real food as you can.

How 2 tinder?

20yo uni kid just looking to get laid, maybe even get a fwb. My life is mostly sorted at this point, and I can say that for the first time in a long time I get up in the morning feeling positive about the day ahead of me, but I'm starting to feel the need for a sexual outlet.

>pics of me at social gatherings are mostly at least 3 years old
>don't really have any non-selfie style photos that aren't at least a year old, and they are usually with family.

Do I have the looks for it? Would it be worth my time? I'm just looking to pull fuckable/10 here.

how to get better at pull ups & chins besides pulls ups & chins?

Also bulking so losing weight is not an option

what? either do negatives, or do them on a machine (either pulldowns or those assistance machines)

you look fine my man, I am pretty sure you can get chicks with that very picture

how much do you cheat on cheat day?
If I'm on a cut and I eat maintenance for one day a week, will I still make it?

Just tell em you're Bam Margera. You should have no problem pulling thots.

That's called a refeed day. Google it.

Don't do cheat days. Do a normal cut and have cheat meals at a deficit. Simply don't hit your macros perfectly one day for a nice meal you love.

Cheat days are a bad idea.

I pull an all nighter once a week every Friday into Saturday. I work out 3 days a week - Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. I know that my Friday gainz are not gonna be as good, but I still do Fridays. I will probably continue doing this once a week until I graduate college next May. Any healthfags know what I am doing to my brain long term and specifically how this is affecting my gainz?

The damage is already done:
>gainz
>z

are doms a signal of me not eating enough?

Lmao, you just brought back memories of countless hours of pro skater.

So , like use one photo for tinder? All I know about the app is from what I read here, seems like guys put a lot of though into getting the "right" photos.

why do you pull an all nighter?
in terms of gains, i would just eat a lot more the days you don't sleep as much

Is this an acceptable starting workout as 5x5?
>chest press
>leg press
>db curl
>machine row
>lat pulldown
>ab crunch machine
>running
Am I missing anything big?

>why do you pull an all nighter?

I'm scheduled to work Fridays and Saturdays and my work is almost an hour away. My hours are flexible enough that they don't care when I come in as long as I get 8 hours both days. So I work 3-11pm Friday, clock out, chill for a lil, then clock back in at 2am and go 2-10. That way I have all day Saturday to do whatever I want and I save myself a trip because I was previously driving home literally just to sleep then come back.

Can I actually train arms every day or will that just not help gains, I get good sleep and food intake just wondering if it will stunt gains

if you're starting to workout get into a real routine

what kind of curls do you normally do? do more hammer curls, your brachialis is underdeveloped. that will be the area between forearm and bicep.
thats what its there for, getting missed protein.
i pretend im running in a death arena to fight for my live. it helps.
trim it not full shave.
its not that bad. there was two studies on sleep that changed the biggest view. one was a french guy who went into a pitch black cave for a month, he changed to 36 hour days instead of 24. other was a usa army study to see how long a person could go without losing abilities without sleep. he went like 20 days before having reduced performance.
no it means you worked the muscle at the gym. eating more will help rebuild but only time will fix.
compounds.

i actually trained my arms everyday for about 3 weeks. alternated between low reps heavy weight and next day lower weight higher volume. i skipped compounds during it as i was recovering from injury. i made really good gains and arm recovered well after each day.

Wouldent you be overtraining so hard that you muscle wont get time to recover? What LBS were you lifting

>other was a usa army study to see how long a person could go without losing abilities without sleep. he went like 20 days before having reduced performance.
I call bullshit

so i did 1x5 20 for warm up. then 3x5 at 30. then either try one more 1x5 at 35 or just do another 30. for volume day, i do 5x10 at 20 reg curls, then 5x10 at 20-25 hammer curls.

you can vary it up depending how you feel each day. smaller muscles can recover faster, but they also cant lift as much at a time. but remember i wasnt doing compounds do to an injury so i had more energy and stamina for just arms.

>machines
please read the sticky

Started trying to bulk, MyFitnessPal shoves me at 2500

Peanuts seem fucking insanely good for this goal. As long as I don't get sick of them, is all fine in just buying bags of those and munching on them daily to meet the goal whenever I need to? I don't have a huge stomach, so that's why I'm looking into it

i cant find army one, but was it that hard to google it intead of just ranting bullshit at me. it wasnt 20 days it seems only 11.

scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-can-humans-stay/

> MyFitnessPal shoves me at 2500
Don't use MFP presets, ever. Find your TDEE and add 200-300 calories to it. Then Weigh yourself weekly and adjust your intake until you're gaining 0.75-1lb per week.

Alright thanks lad,

>Several other normal research subjects have remained awake for eight to 10 days in carefully monitored experiments. None of these individuals experienced serious medical, neurological, physiological or psychiatric problems. On the other hand, all of them showed progressive and significant deficits in concentration, motivation, perception and other higher mental processes as the duration of sleep deprivation increased.

So basically they had huge disadvantages mentally.

Thanks for the advice friend

>2800 as the new goal
Oh fuck me, from ~1300 to this? This skelly transition is full of fun

can I linear progress the DL twice a week? lot of ppl saying It will burn my cns

Hold on bucko, that's a huge shift. Why the fuck were you eating 1300 cal?

Also, height/weight/bf%?

not likely. only at baby weight maybe. it will fry your cns.

If you're a beginner you can probably DL once per session until things start getting heavy. Same with squatting.

Does taking creatine make you go to the bathroom more? I started taking i've been takin it for 5 days and now i pee every 40 minutes

Only if you're not eating enough or lack sufficient protein. If you're on GVT or something DOMS will be inevitable

6'0, about 128 pounds, 18%

Severe undereating from my first three years at uni. I go to one that's almost infamous in difficulty, so the stress changed me. On a year of co-op, so wanting to fix this. But as you could tell, I'm fairly new at this

>6ft 128 lbs

holy shit. there's no way you're 18% dude that's really underweight. I recommend you eat your maintenance for a week and start GOMAD with a 2400 cal bulk.

im 25, shes 19. Should i pursue? she is cool and smart but i feel like I could be her dad.

Wear diapers. Just make sure to change it before you squat.

Ask /adv/

You're telling me, I'm as close to a skeleton as you can get

If GOMAD is what it takes to start fixing me then fuck it, what do I have to lose

Also
stronglifts.com/gomad-8-common-mistakes-you-must-avoid/
Tells me at the end I need to squat a lot. Is that something I should genuinely focus on, or is that just eh?

do you have other options available? might as well go for it if not.

Lateral raises- heavy cheat reps? or controlled clean reps?

As stereotypical advice as it is, do starting strength. Follow the program to a T. Do not make alterations to it.

You are literally the person it was made for.

Gym 3x a week, increase weight each session, meet your calorie/protein goal every day, make sure you aren't gaining more than a pound per week.

The main reason gomad is recommended is because it's one of the cheapest forms of calories and protein you can get. $3 for 2400 calories mang.

But don't just drink milk. Eat real food too. Just use milk as a crutch.

kinda? but not really, I dont actively pursue girls like when I was younger. Ive gotten use to being alone and enjoy it.
Ive always had the 'if it happens it happens' mindset

Controlled my dude.
Slow reps and squeeze at the top.

You use your rear delts to cheat on other lifts, so don't cheat them.

Heavy cheat reps for laterals are probably too injury inducing for any potential advantage to be worth it IMO

Im bulking rn - the guidance is to get 1g protein per lb of bodyfat. Is this optimal or a minimum? Im currently getting about 1.3g per lb - should i reduce?

You may have had a vasovagle response from sitting and pushing. If you’re recovering from illness, it’s possible yourbblood pressure dropped and caused these symptoms. Old people have this when they shit. They pass out a lot. If you’re younger, you’ll be okay. Just ease back into it slowly. If you pass out, you may shit yourself from the response so I would be careful unless you want that image of you burned into fellow gym mate’s eyes. Drink more water.

>1g protein per lb of bodyfat
do you mean lean bodymass? Because 1g/lb of bodyfat would be like 50g at most lmao.

And besides, you only need 0.82g/lb of bodyweight.

fuck her for me then cuz i cant get laid. when laying in bed post sex think of me and be happy for me.

Sorry yeah i meant bodymass. Is there any harm in getting extra protons or will nothing happen?

It's not going to hurt if you get extra, but it won't help either. It's more or less just extra work for no payoff.

Young user (17) currently running The Rippler GZCL strength routine. Realistically, if my stats are as follows (5RM):
>OHP: 115lb
>Bench: 185lb
>Squat: 225lb
>Deadlift: 275lb

Could I achieve 1/2/3/4 by the beginning of June next year?

Pls be serious

Is Quorn any good for their patties and balls? I think red meat is affecting me and I need good replacements for these two.

Any additional protein is an inefficient use of your limited calories - more protein than that makes for diminishing returns and the calories it carries would be better spent on carbs and fats.

Is there any difference in how you take scoop(s) of pre-workout? Not sure how fucked I can be with having it in a full bottle, can I just put it in a shot and smash it down?

In my weight room I do lateral raise a whole lot. Now how do I get higher T?

I was really hungry and i just ate a straight raw potato, feel a bit sick. Why the fuck can't you just eat them raw.

Well, it doesn't really matter as long as you ingest it and realize it's a ripoff. Coffee is far cheaper and just as effective.

The same reason you don't eat popcorn raw: doesn't digest well.

I’ve been doing keto and a 6 day PPL to cut hard at ~1800 a day. I haven’t really lost any muscle yet but my workouts are getting harder. How much strengthen should I expect to lose if I keep this up until the end of the year?

redpill me on ppl