Underwater welding. 300k a year starting, no education or experience required

Underwater welding. 300k a year starting, no education or experience required

Why doesnt everyone just do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident
washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/straight-dope/article/13045860/can-dolphins-rape-humans-when-animals-attack-sexually
youtube.com/watch?v=AMHwri8TtNE
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

v danger

> 300k a year starting

Because you're a lying cocksucker, OP.

>everyone should go to college!
>get a prestigious white collar job!
>you're too smart for the trades!

what coin is this?

what coin are we shlling? omg

I actually got my scuba certification at age 16 just for this.
Developed juvenile diabetes at 17 and nobody wants to hire me.

I just hull scrub now :...(

looks baller as fuck

big whoop. what am I off by? anything over 100k is amazing

user the there is a 15% chance of you dying in this job its extremely dangerous and destroys your sight,lungs and cause gastrocprophoina

you definitely need experience and education

the school to dive and weld is in texas florida alabama lousiana north carolina and they all cost atleast 20k for 8 weeks of training and certification.

source: welder on dry land for 12 years and licensed PADI rescue diver. always wanted to do this career but found out theres cooler easier ways to make money.

Yea i am a young welder and ive been thinking about doing this. Problem is i have no fucking idea how to dive and have shitty lungs. Ill prolly just have to settle for 60k-80k a year in construction of something.

Prices in.

Doesnt this shit also cut like 10 years off your life? There is a reason why it pays mega bucks

Forgot pic

I'm basically an underwater janitor now...

I can't swim, will I make it user?

becuase not everyone wants to have to worry about delta P for the rest of their 40 year life

ive looked into underwater welding seriously. Its a dangerous job that you could seriously die in. and people do die, all the time. and the oil companies cover it up. imo you should just try and get a job as a welder on the pipelines. its dangerous and lonely too, but way less than fucking dying underwater. plus the moneys good after a few years.

Because it's extremely, extremely dangerous

1 in 600 die every year

nice just inhaled 100k

cause its spooky as fuck and they make you work 20+ hour shifts under fucking water.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident

Dude, my boss is fat and smokes like a train
You can do it.

what was the ICO price?

>4347120
Nice just bought 100k

hey bro 80k a year is a good life. honest life but good.

learn to farm or grow your own food some day

Nobody here knows about Hull scrubbing????
Even a disabled nub like me can do it, you just have to get a PADI certification

Seems better odds than most shitcoins

there are plenty stupid people to do manual work user

how much do they make per year?

wrrrrrrrrrrrr
wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwrrrlllll

"Nice and shiny."

> 1/600 chance of dying at work
> 1/50 chance of suicide because crypto
nice choices

Dangerous, high mortality, high possibility of lifelong health issues.

enjoy your cubic cage and little desk filled with miserable paperwork you cuck

> tfw all my manual worker friends envy me the fuck of my job
stop projecting user, pajeets will take your job soon, and if not pajeets, then robots

It looks and sounds cool, but it isn't.

I pull 75k after taxes in Commie Washington State.
No degree, no faggots to talk to me while I work and I am a mediocre swimmer at best.
The ONLY problem I have is that the cold water kicks up my metabolism, so my blood sugar crashes sometimes... (Insulin is a powerful drug)
However, I bring squeeze pouches of applesauce with me to slurp on. Drinking applesauce 60ft under a giant boat alone in the deep is my job satisfaction .
(Sometimes I get to see schools of fish and other animals too, but that's the icing on the cake)

People like you user make this board great.

sounds pretty comfy desu

I like you user, you're a fun guy
Keep on scrubbin'

I would do this if I didnt hate water

water touching my skin is so uncomfortable

This is a comfy post

lmfao i didnt even know this was a real job. how do you eat the applesauce while wearing the mask?

You win the Veeky Forums weirdest job medal

sounds good :D

>
>Forgot pic
>
>I'm basically an underwater janitor now...

What us your rate of pay? Do they have these jobs in Arizona?

More like the Veeky Forums only job medal

user... Arizona is landlocked...

how does one into this job with no prior experience?

>shitty lungs
Doesn't matter dude, the main thing is whether you have enough brain to not kill yourself by making stupid mistakes.

Still sounds pretty cool at least user

It for sure can be depending on who your working for and where your working. Just be aware that if somebody dies you might be tasked with swimming down to grab their corpse.

Sounds cool user!

I did some PADI and based on that, the thing I would get most tired of is having to come up every hour to get a new tank. That pressure cycling all day long must take a toll on the body.

>Diving_bell_accident
lol user

>Subsequent investigation by forensic pathologists determined Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) in diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered, including bisection of the thoracoabdominal cavity which further resulted in expulsion of all internal organs of the chest and abdomen except the trachea and a section of small intestine and of the thoracic spine and projecting them some distance, one section later being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door.

I just take a deep breath, pull the regulator out of my mouth and squeeze in some sauce :)
It sounds lame, but I started off working as a "maintenance diver" at SeaWorld in Texas when I was 19, basically because my dad got a job there as a rollercoaster mechanic and put in a good word for me.
After about 3 years of getting beaten up by dolphins and cuddled by belugas, I left for my current job and I've been at it for 6 years now. Best job I ever had but the people were absolutely shit.

top kek

Nice lucky 7s

lol

Tl;Dr: pressure differences in the diving bell and receiving chamber ripped the divers inside apart and their guts exploded out of their assholes.

You get used to changing tanks.
When I first started, I would breathe pretty heavy because of the weight of the scubber and would burn through tanks every 30 minutes...
I got used to it and a little break every hour or so isn't a bad idea when you're doing physical labor

nice digits.

tell asshole dolphin stories

How deep do you go? Do you resurface for every tank or you have a stash down at your depth?

I fucking kekd

Yeah but surely you had experience then no? Or did they train you from nothing?

I ask because my dad is a trained padi diving instructor or w.e. the fuck, so he could teach me, but how to into with no experience? I'm not in the Us either though

>beaten up by dolphins
lol I know what you really mean, user... :DDDD

washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/straight-dope/article/13045860/can-dolphins-rape-humans-when-animals-attack-sexually

priced in

Haha alright

>be me, first week of job at SeaWorld
>its Friday, so time to scrub algae out of the veterinary tanks
>"this'll be an easy job user, its only 25 feet deep!"
>dolphins in the tank I'm assigned to
>go down, sucked at holding the rotor brush, so burned through air supply in 30 mins
>come up to the surface
>"hey, I'm out of air! Can I get a new one?"
>annoying lazy coworker tells me to get it myself
>I begin swimming across the top of the tank to the golf cart with reserve air
>"user! No! Don't! "
>all the people above water start waving hands like crazy with panic looks"
>I am confused at this reaction as I am suddenly yanked underwater
>dolphin has grabbed me by BC vest and drags me to the bottom
>I have no air in my lungs or my tank
>heart begins beating 9000x as two more dolphins swim up and start "talking" to Kidnapper Dolphin
>I begin saying my prayers and play dead
>they all pick a limb and gently bit down and pull me to the wall of the tank
>I have gone limp from fear but suspect the dolphins can hear my heart thumps
>dolphins let go, begin poking me with noses
>after about 30 seconds of this, they get bored and swim off
>I shoot up to the surface and vault over the side of the tank
>"user, maybe we should have told you, swimming across the surface is asking to get fucked with"
>I get back in and finish the job, eat 3 subway sandwiches after work to remove the shock

That was my first Close Encounter with those smily bastards, definitely not the worst one

because sharks

>I get back in and finish the job
badass tough guy

I design and manufacture welding equipment at one of the larger companies.. And I make about half that.

this is the coolest post i've seen here in a while

>Developed juvenile diabetes at 17 and nobody wants to hire me.
How do they know?

Why didnt you pull a knife and gut one of them?

>>Live in Batlimore
Our harbor is full of filth and the water has about 2" of viability. Being in that water WILL kill you because of all the shit in it.....literally shit...

I fucking love seaworld. did he make atlantis? the rollercoaster/logwide?

Me being an underwater welder? Pfft. Don't hold your breath.

*takes a bow*

>cuddled by belugas

Comfy as fuck user

worst one, worst one! let's hear it

>Go to uni
>study physics, get math skills only bested by actual autistic mathematicians and solid programming skills as part of the deal
>graduate uni with the skills necessary to find work in any field of engineering, science, IT/software development, finance/banking, consulting, entrepreneurship and even law (patent law, copyright etc.) which can all lead to management/supervisor work

why isn't everyone studying physics srs
oh that's right because it's actually hard

Health exams are part of the hiring process for a lot of risky jobs out there.
I actually had to sue for the right to have a drivers license... Apparently some people are so shit at disease management that they cost businesses buku bucks in lawsuits and liabilities.
I also got rejected from the Marines because of this stupid disease. I can't comprehend how all you illness-free people cry about smol peanuts like virginity and tendies when there's so much more that could be worse about life...
Literally everyone on the dive team wanted to.
But these animals are worth more than you or I. They get fed sushi-grade fish shipped in every day and live in chilly waters, despite it being 100°f Texas

I started working right around the time the Atlantis ride came out lmao I never rode it even though I got free tickets It was mostly to get away from the coworkers, I've not finished plenty of jobs when the dolphins get violent

keep on scrubbin' , user

Yep. What even is the point of studying engineering when physics exists...

more stories user plz

karim?

>actually building things
>not just pondering about trajectory

>this thread in the ocean of altcoin scamming shills

we don't deserve it lads

Check with a doctor to see if you have reactive hypoglycemia.
It's this weird genetic thing that makes your bodies blood sugar drop faster than normal. It's most noticable after eating a bunch of whole wheat bread or drinking alcohol.

LOL more seaworld stories pls

did a couple years of sailing camp in inner harbor when young teen. would regularly see dead dogs floating around, especially after a storm flushed out the sewers.

surprisingly never saw a human body though.

>engineering
>actually building things

Not quite. physics are your guys who figure out why something will work, there are people who build it according to specifications, and the engineers are just where the rubber meets the road

wtf this job sounds very interesting and fun, what other unusual jobs are there that the world can offer?

I'm really so bored and frustrated that every job feels so fucking lame, I have the motivation, but I'd need it to be something like this here.

Tell me about unordinary jobs plzz I need something fun.

This is why OP. Seriously. Welding under water creates Delta P scenarios. Multiple cases off people being crushed through holes the size of your fist because the pressure of the ocean.
youtube.com/watch?v=AMHwri8TtNE

Alright

>be me, middle shift of the day hot as fuck outside (it's Texas)
>time to scrub the dolphin petting tank
>didn't get the memo that several females were pregnant, the "0" shaped pool is a swirling tornado of dolphins acting weird
>coworker hasn't dived all day because he has a cut on his finger and owie salt water
>other coworker ate a big like lunch
>"it's up to you and Dan, user" (diver Dan was the only cool guy at my job, pretty sure he was a /b/tard)
>get in, hug the walls on the way down so as to not get swirled away by the dolphins
>get to the bottom of the tank, kick on the scubber and get to workin
>*SMACK*
>this has happened before, dolphins sometimes tail slap you
>ignore it, keep scrubbing, look across the clouds of dolphins to see a huge swirling dolphin vortext surrounding Dan
>suddenly I see stars and my perspective changes to me looking at the floor
>grab the top of my head and scream underwear
>another SMACK, this time on my hand on top of my head,middle finger is broken
>ohfuck.exe
>look over just in time to see two dolpins one behind the other swoop in and smack Dan on top of his noggin with their chins
>Dan drops the scrubber, it begins spinning around by itself and coiling up the hydro line
>I get a jab in the back of my ribs, just under the armpit where my BC vest doesn't cover
>kill the power to my scrubber and hug the floor as I swim over to check on Dan
>he wakes up before I make it to him and signals me to get out
>fucking dolphins pushed us out on the way up

Broken finger and a few lumps on the head, but I have been afraid of pregnant women since

youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

I do have this, I actually don't drink alcohol or eat things with creatine or chromium because of this.

>FYI you can basically manage type 2 diabetes with cinnamon and bodybuilding supps

they try to pull those out whenever they float

Damn, never knew that. Thanks for saving my life for trying this. srs

This board doesn't deserve you, user.

No problem.

Depends on how aggressive you are on seeking the job
For my current job, I had to do a free-diving test along with a bunch of fitness exams..
For the SeaWorld job, I competed with a couple of other people for the position and the qualifiers were just being able to freedive recover a 20lb weight from 25ft and swim 3 miles. Easy stuff, all the other normies failed and one guy puked when he tried to get the brick.
I would start by hitting up your local docks or lakes for diving related jobs. Just filling up air tanks or washing boats is how I see some younger people getting in