More Americans died of opiates in 2017 then all the deaths in the 10-15 years we were in vietnam

>more Americans died of opiates in 2017 then all the deaths in the 10-15 years we were in vietnam

Attached: opiates america rehab.png (681x457, 488K)

>implying we shouldn't let the druggie problem solve itself

2016*

Good

What makes you think it's okay to talk about current events on a history board?

[spoiler]red wine[/spoiler]

>use an addictive drug to euthanize your dead weight while simultaneously destabilizing countries you don't like through the war on drugs

CIA are pretty smart dude

...so?

Vietnam war casualties were distributed over hundreds of thousands.
Opiate deaths are distributed over hundreds of millions.

What about car crashes?

America is on the road to another civil war if you ask me and the opiate epidemic is merely a symptom of societal decline.

Countries in the last century where government disintegrated and society collapsed into prolonged civil wars like Yugoslavia, Somalia, and Imperial Russia probably experienced a similarly sharp increase in alcohol and drug abuse and they edged closer to the abyss,

Attached: tumblr_nfatc6l4X91stt2imo5_1280.jpg (805x1094, 209K)

Maybe we should legalize it and make opiates a substance people can deal with openly.

>probably experienced
I don't dispute this point, but would be interested to see anything written on the topic

>America is on the road to another civil war
Only if their economy collapses. Otherwise expect a soft coup followed by a hard purge. 1st worlders don't have civil wars in them, they just have too much to lose. Despite public perception the average American actually lives very well, suitable housing, abundant food, too much entertainment, accessible transport and public spaces. Giving up a comfy life to get shot or arrested does not tend to happen. Revolts are manned by people that have little to lose and that part of the population simply is not that large. Even people in what the US calls "ghettos" (which are definitely not most of the population) have it pretty good on a relative world level though plenty of them do get shot though that also tends to be for purely selfish reasons. Getting shot for other people is a different bag entirely.

Civil Wars happen when a peoples way of life cannot continue. American way of life is simply not at all threatened, most have their comfy corner, most wouldn't want to give that up to get shot for papa Trump or Mama Pelosi or some other schmuck. So if any civil war does happen it will be short and violent and very one sided in favor of whoever has control of the legitimate army.

it doesn't, they just pop out children who are literally addicted from birth.

this guy gets it

Attached: lemmings.png (1024x5104, 2.29M)

>"the system" provides you with everything you need/want, but it's still bad because I said so

spotted the lemming

Attached: goi are animals.png (836x1200, 308K)

>Only if their economy collapses.

The American economy has been stagnating for the better part of the last decade so a certain level of resentment is already there.

>Otherwise expect a soft coup followed by a hard purge,

Coups and purges are a common igniting spark for civil wars. They effectively break the normal chain of command for military/law enforcement and leave local commanders to choose allegiances for themselves. Furthermore, there has never been such a precedent in American history. We're not like Turkey or Thailand who have experienced coups many times before and have grown accustomed to such upheaval. The American people would not really know how to react to a coup, thus making the chance of an overreaction that spirals out of control all the more likely.

> Despite public perception the average American actually lives very well, suitable housing, abundant food, too much entertainment, accessible transport and public spaces. Giving up a comfy life to get shot or arrested does not tend to happen. Revolts are manned by people that have little to lose and that part of the population simply is not that large.

Except there is already a growing number of Americans who live in the misery and depression you described. Even among the middle class, you find increasing numbers of young men who see no room for improving their lot in life and lash out in rage (mass shooters tend to come from this group). They already feel that they have nothing left to lose and have in essence developed what might call a Jihadist mentality. I call it Jihadist because volunteers for movements like ISIL, the Taliban, and the Mujahdeen who proceeded them come from similar backgrounds. Unmarried, un/underemployed young men from middle/upper class family backgrounds.

Cont'

Attached: 1466866863_211885_1466867027_noticia_normal.jpg (770x526, 79K)

>If you don't want to sacrifice your current safety for a vague promise of "higher ideals" that can only be attained through a violent conflict, you're a lemming

if you spend literally 3 fucking days off of the internet, you'll realize 80% of the problems today are strictly shown online and not in the real world

That's about right, yes. Honestly it doesn't matter if you think it's reasonable or not, the point is that 90% of people do and you have to work with that herd.

Druggies don't just hurt themselves. They kill and steal from regular people to support their addiction. They vandalise property and they have children who end up neglected and turn into druggies themselves.

Now yes, you probably wouldn't see all that many volunteers for a war to overthrow the US Government at first, but you don't need that many to get the ball rolling. A core group of zealots with proper leadership could potentially wreak enough havoc that it leads to the institution of martial law, which in turn enrages a public already disaffected with the government and causes the economy to suffer. The economy collapses and suddenly you have a fresh stream of recruits (people who were previously secretly sympathetic, but were unwilling to take action) to supplement the zealots who made up the first generation of fighters.

All of this would be made even worse if America were dragged into a major war in another country and performed very poorly as was the case with Russia in the First World War and Somalia in the Ogaden War. The unpopular conflicts further eroded public trust in the government and caused opposition groups to swell in number.

>Coups and purges are a common igniting spark for civil wars.
Yes, but only if the actual determining factor for putting men in the field is there. People not having anything to lose.
>you find increasing numbers of young men who see no room for improving their lot in life
That is clever wordplay, "increasing"? From what to what? If I had 1 and now have 3 I definitely increased but 3 does not an army make. Your point is that people are flipping their shit and some might be, the relevant point however would be in what numbers and their willingness to actually fight for a cause. To risk life and limb and real hardship living in the wild and sleeping in holes for months on end, would they do that? Or are they all talk? History shows us that the more comfortable you are the less likely you will be to want to risk it on some vague and nebulous ideal.

But this is all just speculation user.

By all means believe that 1776 is right around the corner once more.

>you could risk it and live in a world where everyone gets their basic needs satisfied
>you choose not to cause the people who exploit your work give you some of the leftovers as they live in luxury

Yes, you're a fucking lemming

That's a nice alt-his user, you should write a novel.

>massive numbers of deaths to drug abuse, poverty, and a growing undercurrent of extremism isn't real life

Attached: George.jpg (4688x4688, 575K)

>massive numbers of deaths
Relative to overall population? Not really no. When something like 30 million Americans die a year to opiates you can expect to see it in your day to day.

>By all means believe that 1776 is right around the corner once more.

I'm not talking about a Revolution like the American one. I'm talking about a revolution the likes of the Russian one. The Russian Revolution of 1917 was preceded by decades of violence (both organized and lone wolf) aimed at disrupting the Tsarist government. Murders, bombings, and even an abortive attempted revolution (the Revolution of 1905). Over time, this violence chipped away at Russian society and drove a wedge between traditionalists and reformers, the working and upper classes, the secular and the religious.

And yes, many of the early Bolshevik extremists came from the Russian upper and middle classes. Lenin, Trotsky, Aleksandr Ulyanov (Lenin's older brother who was executed for attempting to kill the Tsar), Kamenev all came from the educated middle class. Even Stalin came from a family that was affluent enough to pay for an education.

Also you forgot to add people were literally starving and the military was experiencing massive casualties.

While the rebels were indirectly supported by a foreign power

And again people had little to lose.

That's what I was alluding to in

Yes user but that is literal fantasy what-ifs. You might as well suck my dock and praise me for my ceaseless wisdom.

>stupid white trash morons are killing themselves

can i get a HELL YEAH

Attached: 1502858250974.jpg (900x900, 574K)

America is already fighting secret wars all over the world and a not-so-secret one in Syria (in addition to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan). Not at all implausible that one of these little wars could mushroom into a big one. And it would be a war America could not easily exit without being humiliated, and at the same time, lack the collective will to see it through.

Your kind will suffer on the Day of the Rope

Attached: save_our_land.jpg (141x209, 40K)

Sure user.
Whatever you say

Obviously, if any attempts of reform were plausible, there wouldn't be the threat of violent revolution to begin with

Attached: 2c5dfb03c4c2735d4d9358b0e3325dc18cef186c65446ea8c54df97b0f6d384f.png (624x318, 150K)