VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Feeding animals is massively inefficient
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Dominion (2018) Trailer -
youtu.be/LpDJlEQsDoA

Baby cow stolen from mother -
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
youtube.com/watch?v=L_vqIGTKuQE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hupgYaT6E
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/cauldron-original-tofu-396g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuckk off cuck

>ethics and politics
Not Veeky Forums related, take this back to /pol/.

This guy unironically post links to reddit
DISCARDED

A pig isn't a dog dumb fuck

Why are you fine with killing pigs and not dogs?

Pigs are ugly and dumber and i could kill a dog too if i had to eat it.

Hate animals, beasts and critters
Simple as
Love meat

>that pic

a pig isn’t an animal it’s my breakfast

You come on Veeky Forums and expect Veeky Forums to not ravage you?

Jesus, this is going to derail in no time. Except, I definitely won't allow this to bump.

Because one was used for hunting the other

Are you oblivious to western culture, or do you just like asking dumb questions?

No such thing as a natty vegan who doesn't look like shit.

Meh
Girls really only care about ottermode

What I see when i look at this sticky, more than someone looking to filter out flawed comments, more than someone afraid of being proven wrong, is someone overly concerned with being right.

If your whole life has to be a giant fucking >inb4< then I really feel sorry for you.

(You) are not 'vegan'.
(You) probably were chowing down on a bacon cheeseburger, or pizza, or Hot Pockets, when you were posting this drivel.
(You) are an escapee from (YOU NEED TO GO BACK)
(You) have nothing better to do than to beat a dead horse, posting tired-out memes from Last Thursday like this one (which is why you're not on : (You) can't hack it there).
(You), as usual, are a huge faggot who wants his face raped.
(You) are wasting everyones time and should just become An Hero, so we don't have to be subjected to your shit-tier attempts at trolling.

>mfw argument from marginal cases
Like I give a fuck about vegetative humans. I'd want to die if I was one.

Stop murdering plants

>meatcuck using logic

Pigs are smarter than dogs and most meatcucks.

don't cut yourself on that edge

>soyim on my Veeky Forums

I hate all animals. My only goal in life is to kill and eat one of every animal on earth

Yea everyone loves animals, as long they are dead, cooked and ready to fucking eat. Thats their purpose you fucking degenerates!

>omg how can you eat meat? Dont you know all life is precious?
*gets abortion*

That pic is total bullshit. I am a non vegan, I like animals and I still eat them. I'd eat dogs too if I could, I don't give a fuck.
There's a difference between animals bred for slaughter and pets with whom you built emotional bonds. Neither are exclusive

why do vegans assume everyone loves animals? I don't give a shit about animals.

We need to get rid off as many humans as possible. 200 million is the maximum our planet can handle. Every abortion is a step closer to this goal. And yes, I'm vegan and fully support nuking Africa, China, the Middle East and India to get closer to this goal.

>vegan and autistic

my favorite daily shitpost

>finally had lion
>could barely taste it through the adrenaline

Need more

i remember when the most retarded general was the dnp general

now its this
at least you arent killing yourselves, just your gains

>vegan and redpilled
ftfy

>loves dogs
>loves to eat pigs
is there a point im missing with this pic?

Ethics and ecology are not Veeky Forums.
Maybe try /pol/.

Where is the logic in loving an animal and not feeling any remorse while raping and killing another more intelligent animals, my fellow meatcuck?

>the literally healthiest possible diet
>not fit

Where I can buy weightlifting vegan belt?

you mean a choker?

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

>this is how the average nonvegans reacts to a healthy diet

>Forests cleared for livestock
Stopped reading right there.
Not even kids believe that animals come from "wilds".

>And i am against a lot of things that makes the human apex/top of food chain.

Discuss the health benefits all you want, but fuck off with ethics and ecological arguments.
These are the things you're going to get slammed for, the "milking a cow is rape!!!!!" Bullshit, or saying "I'm saving the planet!" Posted from a computer with a carbon footprint from construction that is twice the size of the carbon footprint of leaving the fucking thing running for its entire operating life.

Any omnivore can accept that a whole food vegan diet is one of the healthiest, and that being forced to actually watch what you eat to avoid animal products can help fat fucks lose weight, but this isn't about that, really, is it? This is about you being squeamish about eating something that squeals when you kill it.

List vegan protein sources that meets following two conditions:
More protein than carbs
Isn't more than £3.80 per kg

Because in England I can get chicken, a protein source, which has much more protein than carbs, and all for the price of £3.80 per kg.

Look, I like to ride horses but I also eat them sometimes. I also hate pigs but basically never eat them.

Like, I see no problem with that. Let me further elaborate:
I like my cat. Does that mean I like ALL cats? No, it's just MY cat that I like. I wouldn't eat MY cat, but I would probably eat cat meat if I'm told it's tasty or whatever.

Look, I think bunnies are fluffy as fuck and are adorable. I slaughtered 4 of them this weekend. So what?

See, the thing is that there is NO logical contradiction in any of this. It doesn't necessarily follow that just because you love an animal, you can't eat it, and just because you love a certain species of animal you HAVE TO LOVE EVERY OTHER ANIMAL ON THE FUCKING PLANET AS WELL.

if there's ever a meat shortage I'll just resort to eating vegans.

logic is pretty simple, dogs are entertaining and dont taste that good and pigs are delicious and not that entertaining

Rather than all your links to environmental crap and trying to appeal to "muh ethics", why don't you have links on how to eat a balanced vegan diet with enough protein and fats?

Mmmm, grass fed and free range faggot.

Please respond to Please provide plant-based foods which have more protein than carbohydrates and are cheaper than £3.80 per kg, or £1.70 per lbs.

If you see a dog being beaten to death, do you feel sorry for the dog?

Not vegan, and i dont think its wrong to eat animals but i do want to eat less meat and start eating more vegan meals.
I've already been trying to source my fish and meat from organic and sustainable sources. If i can find a good balance i'd eventually would like to just eat seafood 2-3 times per week and the rest vegan or vegetarian.

Instead of pointless arguing with internet strangers can a Vegan give me some insight into the vegan diet? I dont really want to do a 80% carb diet.

different user but at the rate we're consuming meat the ecological arguments are completely valid.
Also, no matter what you do, you're gonna have a carbon footprint. Its about trying to diminish it as much as you can; a vegan having a laptop doesnt make their argument invalid

Fit has really gone to shit. This was one of the least /pol/ boards at one point, people would've ignored bait or shit posted ironically, not go full melt down "fuckin libtards!!!!!!"

pea protein powder

Are you retarded? Nobody is beating the animals we eat to death.

> 50g protein per day
Enjoy your nogains.

Lentils, black beans, etc. are all cheap but come with 4-5g carbs for every 1g protein.
Tofu, and all nuts based products are expensive.

And what bloody potato has 4g of protein in it?

Find me a link where I can buy 1kg of it for £3.80.

/pol/ fucking owns this site, faggot. We have /pol/ threads on every single board and most people have come to this place because they saw a screenshot of some /pol/ maymay somewhere else on the Internet.

If you want your liberal bubble with censorship, shadow bans and downvotes for saying your opinion, please fuck off to reddit.

Ia it a pit bull? This is important

posting in a troll thread

Hi faggots!

This. Using an ethical approach on Veeky Forums is just not effective. The only thing I think when I see a vegan thread is how they meet macros, and none of them see intelligent enough to explain how they're making sure to get enough of every amino acid they need. They just say something about peanut butter and call it a day.
There is soy if you want to be a girl, and quinoa, but it takes 3000 calories of quinoa to get 100g of protein.

Idk, why is it being beaten to death? Look, I'm not arguing for animal cruelty or anything. I am for giving them a quick death that's as painless as possible. If they hold the dog down, daze him, slice its neck, I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with dogs being boiled alive or shit like that. Yeah, that's not cool. Animals being quickly and efficiently slaughtered? That's fine. Yeah, I'm aware that many big-scale meat industries exist where animals are in shitty condition and are slaughtered in (relatively more) pain as well. Yeah that's unfortunate, but guess what: THE MEAT IS SUBPAR AS WELL. That's why I only buy meat from local farmers and small-time businesses, and you can definitely taste the difference.

>look at all these happy animals :)
youtube.com/watch?v=L_vqIGTKuQE

find me a link for meat equaling 1kg of protein for £3.80

Also
>falling for the protein Jew this much

>I'M PICKLE RIIIIIICK
>>>/reddit/

Fucked a vegan chick once her pussy smelled list mashed potato weird

>raping

Glad you didn't miss the point there m8

>artificial insemination is not rape

I also don't give a shit about animals, or even random people I don't know. That's normal as fuck, bro. Doesn't mean I want to go around stabbing everyone to death and eating them. It's called not living like an amoral piece of shit, you fucking cuck

This deer is having a great time in the wild
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hupgYaT6E

M8 I have seen and have even assisted in artificial inseminations. If you think that's rape, you're beyond delusional.

Can I shove my fist up your asshole and drop some semen inside it without your consent?

This deer has at least had a natural life, seeing the sun and eating natural food. How can you meatcucks even compare it to the conditions of the meat industry?

inb4 some vegan posts a video of a Mexican beating the fuck out of a cow and pretends that you can't buy meat from farmers who don't torture their livestock

>artificial insemination is rape

Unless you are actually forcibly fucking an animal you aren't raping it. Animals literally have the biological drive to breed and have offspring above all else. There is no concept of "consent" even if you look at the natural world anyways. That's a human idea. Animals aren't going to be traumatized by being impregnated like a human could because they literally cannot comprehend an emotion like that

>"we have to do whatever we can to reduce it!"
>lives a western lifestyle where the biggest contributor to global warming is fossil fuel burning for transport and energy

When you are willing to give up your car, lighting, heat, and only eat locally sourced foods, then we'll talk about carbon footprints.
Until then, enjoy your Peruvian quinoa.

Hm I didn't consider price per gram protein.
1kg of chicken is £3.80. So £3.80 for 250g protein, therefore £15.20 per kg of protein.
So pea protein powder is cheaper than chicken.
Do all vegans chug shakes to get even close to their macros? I always thought powder was meant to supplement your protein intake, not form a staple of your diet.

>look at all these happy animals :)
And there's humans mistreating their dogs, idk what your point is

The impala barely even tried to save its fawn. Sucks to suck.

Are you retarded? The difference is paying them for doing the harm to animals, you fucktard meatcuck.

why are soy boys confused about what a domesticated animal is??? you cant just release millions of idk dairy cows into the wild and think they will just live there peacefully.

>implying animals comprehend the idea of consent at all.

>not answering the question

Meatcucks BTFO again and again

>Human babies can't comprehend consent, therefore it's okay to rape them.
Meat logic

I wouldn't be certain of that, forced copulation occurs among others in the animal kingdom. Geese, dolphins, orangutans, etc.
That being said I don't particularly give a fuck in terms of artificial insemination for livestock.

sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/cauldron-original-tofu-396g

Is this any good? If so can I use this to replace meatballs in a stew recipe?

>posts a shitty analogy
>gets told why his analogy is shit and thinks he wins because the person isn't playing along

I was pointing out why your analogy was shit. Humans have the ability to consent, animals literally don't know anything about artificial insemination. All that they know is that they become pregnant afterwards, which is fine by them because their primary drive is to reproduce.

As for your question:
If I said yes then I'd be consenting so asking me if you can do something without my consent doesn't make sense anyways

I thought you wanted to argue against eating meat in general but you seem to argue against the conditions animals are kept in industrial livestock farming

That's my point. Animals "rape" each other all the time. The point is that none of them are traumatized or any worse off afterwards because it's literally how it goes for them.

But I don't know why you'd assume there's no psychological trauma. Is there any evidence that there isn't when there is in humans?
Again, not arguing against artificial insemination.

You know the reason to WHY they are artificially inseminated? It's because letting a horse fuck another horse is actually pretty dangerous. Not just to the workers around, but the mare as well. Bone fractures and even internal bleeding can sometimes occur. Same thing with cows and pigs.

You see, they are inseminating them artificially to PROTECT THEM, you dipshit. Now you may say that the reason why they're doing it is to have offspring which are to be exploited and this practice is thus evil, but that's just ludicrous. Thing is, they could either be raped by some random stallion/bull/hog, or they can be SPARED THAT by a relatively minor inconvenience that is artificial insemination.

Nah, user, you misunderstand.
I once over heard a conversation on a cross country coach between a vegan chick, and a nigger that regretted sitting next to her and trying to hit on her.
They expect us to ADOPT the cows as pets, and keep them in our homes like dogs.

>replace meatballs
you need to get out of the meatcuck's mindset user

How do I into horse mode so I can break bones with pelvic thrusting? Is becoming vegan the answer?

I'm not saying it's okay to rape animals I'm saying that the artificial insemination that occurs isn't rape.

Raping a baby would harm it, which artificial insemination doesn't do. Also a baby literally isn't capable of giving birth in the first place so this analogy is shit anyways because we're literally talking about a minimally invasive way of impregnation animals, which can't be done to a baby.

So yeah, your comparison makes no sense

But you are robbing the stallions of their natural raping experiences... you PIG!!!

>Now you may say that the reason why they're doing it is to have offspring which are to be exploited and this practice is thus evil, but that's just ludicrous.
I am intrigued, please explain how that's ludicrous

>cows can't consent
>you cannot rape them
>babies can't consent
>you can rape them

Meatcucks using logic...

Had a feeling that Zamasu browses Veeky Forums

I'm trying to live vegetarian. At the moment my protein is 50% based on dairy though and it doesn't really seem healthy to me. I want to move away from it, even turn vegan if necessary. How do I start building my mealplan? I can't really imagine which foods I'll need for

>a) a balanced amino acid profile
>b) an acceptable amount of food (~3000 kcal/day) with enough protein (at least 150g)

if my diet is mainly plant based. Any pointers to starting a vegan/mostly plant based meal plan would be helpful.
The problem I see is that most vegetables are sparse in their nutrients that I'll have to eat a huge meal 5 times a day