What do i do if i am scared to go to the gym? I'm 6'2 and weigh 150 lbs so people may laugh at me

What do i do if i am scared to go to the gym? I'm 6'2 and weigh 150 lbs so people may laugh at me.

I would literally come up to your face and start laughing how you are trying to improve your life, cause you know, you are centre of my attention 24/7 and all I think about is skellingtons trying to improve themselves and how I could humiliate them.

Fucking grow up. Everyone else’s lives don’t revolve around you 24/7. Literally no one gives a fuck about you. And what if they did laugh? How much worse would you feel than if you just stayed home and wallowed in your own self pity? Jesus Christ. How about you be less of a fucking mong?

I went to the gym while 6ft and 53kg, guess who cared? No one idiot.

Nobody will laugh at you. Every time I see a fatty or skelly in the gym trying to improve themselves it makes me happy because at least they are putting the work in and trying. I can understand that it may be intimidating at first, but you just have to push yourself to get in there and start. Once you get rolling your confidence will build.

Nobody cares.
I went to the gym for the first time as a skinnyfat 6'2" skeleton and the only interaction I had with other lifters was a guy handing me one of those foam pad things for my squat bar

you'll be fine just stay inside the lanklet enclosure

the only time i laugh(in my mind) at the gym is when people are doing meme exercises.

I've had people point and laugh at me three times. I didn't go back to the gym each time, until I could get myself mentally prepared. Repeat again and again.

You say nobody cares, but there are plenty of people out there that just want to shit on someone else. I've given up.

nobody gives a fuck about you
i've seen more pathetic people and I still respected them because they were trying to better themselves

>using a foam pad
I’d laugh at you just for using that crap.

just be headphones

>getting within 10 feet of a pussy pad
that shit kills your gains like radiation

I started at 6'2 and 140 lbs. I only had two guys laugh at me in 2 years, and only at the beginning.

Also, they laughed at my shitty form only (quarter bench rep with 95 lbs), and after teasing, they actually offered advice. I say that as long as you learn the correct technique, no one would care.

What were you doing when they pointed and laughed? It’s your own fucking fault if you were doing some stupid bullshit like barbell flys.

>using a pussy pad

You deserve to be laughed at.

i have trained for over 4 years so i have the right to be laughed at

you will be fine

Bench. Squat. I used to play football in college, and because of Veeky Forums I only did bench, squat, deadlift, and ohp. And back in college, everyone was totally cool with it and me being pretty overweight (you know, since I was a lineman).

Fast forward six years and all of a sudden I'm completely out of shape, fatter than ever, and just trying to make myself better. I do the same lifts I've always done, but with people snickering and laughing at me, and every time it happens I retreat further. I can't deal with it, and I've been to therapists about it and it hasn't helped, and I take medicine now for my head and it doesn't help, and I don't know what to do because I want to get better and just be left alone and I can't even have that.

These "I'm afraid to get laughed at the gym" are bait threads, right?

Go outside. A 2 hour hike burns a shit ton of calories and works muscles from your head to your toes, especially if you're carrying any weight in a pack. I rarely see people out hiking, especially on trails that are 4+ miles; so you won't have social anxiety as much.

With about 80% sperglords in here, its not.

Personally, this fear is why it took me so long to finally start going to the gym.

I want to gain weight though, i can see mu rincage and my pelvis, i doubt i can really afford doing that much more cardio.

Buy a home gym you paranoid autist

just stay clear of the pit, theres some mean manlets in there

Make sure to get blessed 3 times by the gym priest before doing the heavier weights

Well, you have two options. You can stay home and hide your body from the world out of fear that you'll be judged behind your back, thereby never fixing the body. Or you can face your insecurity head on, and work to overcome it. I do hope you make the right choice.

i am 5'7 manlet, will i get bullied if i try to join a gym?

i hope so.
people need to realize that bullying is part of this world and completely normal, it should make you work harder and not quit like a loser.

Here's an honest answer: until you've basically made it, nobody in the gym even cares that you're there or notices you. The only people in a gym that stand out are the fittest people there, compared to all the average folk like yourself it's not likely anyone would bother to notice you.

If you're worried about not being able to loft as much as other people then you're just being stupid. Lifting is a skill, it takes time, effort, and practice to improve. Comparing yourself to people who clearly outpace you is just dumb. You don't go to the gym to outdo other people, you go to outdo yourself. I'm 6'1 and 150lbs and when i started i hated the fact that I couldnt bench lmao1pl8, but the only reason I can now is because i found out how much i /could/ lift and then improved it.

Gym time is for yourself, not for other people.

I have mixed feelings about this.

While bullying made me have more discipline and start exercising, it also made me unable to relate to people and become extremely narcissistic.

Literally nobody will give a shit about or notice you, let alone snicker.

The only way you'll get shit from us is if you constantly fuck around on your phone while sitting on a machine.

No. Every Arnold needs his Franco Columbo.

t. christian bale on the machinist

lol wow you're weak. If I see you in my gym, I'll kick your ass, nerd.