QTDDTOT

Didn't see a QTDDTOT thread, so I made one.

My question is: I'm new to lifting, and I'm been doing so for a couple months now, and I'm making noob gains. Recently, though, I've started getting DOMS in my legs the day after doing squats. Is this normal, and just due to squatting heavier weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

underarmour.com.au/en-au/mens-ua-rival-fleece-fitted-graphic-hoodie/1302294.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need to cut but im too retarded to do math what the fuck do I do? I here blurpies is really good cardio

Seems normal, however once you get to a certain point you shouldn't be squatting every session anymore. I'd say once you hit 1.5 pl8 you can make every other session squats.

tdeecalculator.net

it's really not hard fatty.

how many people that have no idea what they're talking about will give advice in this thread?

This shit is fucking aids I have to weigh every little thing in grams for weeks? Fuck me I rather just do hitt or some other cardio. Im not even obeast I bulked up when I was skinny fat I need to cut now that im happy with gains. Why is nutrition such cancer.

since soyboy is a new insult... are tofu / edamame / soy sauce THAT bad for gains

how do you pronounce dyel? DEE-YELL or DIAL?

I like DEE-YELL more desu

>DIAL
is anyone actually this retarded?

OP here. This is my current routine. I'm currently at 155 in squats.

Also, I should clarify that I only seem to be getting DOMS in my hamstrings.

jesus christ you crybaby it takes maybe 10 minutes out of your day in total. Just get a food scale and input your shit into a calorie counter.

If you can't manage that you don't deserve to be fit.

Usually people will try and give an educated guess instead of claiming their way is the only way. It's usually pretty easy to tell who has their shit together, shitposters and samefags are pretty obvious.

I mean, you probably shouldn't have a diet of entirely soy, but there are conflicting studies about soy effecting test. If you have tofu and other soy products a few times a week along with meat and fruit/nuts I don't see any reason to be concerned.

It's just an abbreviation, you don't actually pronounce it.

it's kinda funny same thing has been happening to me recently. My legs don't feel tired so I'm just assuming I'm using my hamstrings more in my lifts as my stuff gets heavier.

I'm having trouble deciding what number of calories I should go with on my cut. I'm 6 foot and 190ish. I use the TDEE calculators, but the number changes drastically based on what I put for the exercise.

Putting it on light exercise gives me a maintenance of 2600 so I've been eating 2000. Does that sound right for anyone that is similar size as me?

Also for meal preppers, do you freeze everything and just microwave it straight out the freezer or let it defrost for a day?

I did some barbell rows yesterday and now I have stinging knee pain.

What did I do wrong? I didn't even know this was possible.

Started working a physical job doing 10hr days (7am-5pm) on my feet. Finding it hard to stick to my usual gym routine of AxBxAxx, and have been doing more like AxxBxAxx. How detrimental is this? I still make sure I get to the gym 3 times/week, just that the rest days can vary.

I'm trying to adjust and get back into the habit of AxBxAxx ASAP, though

you didn't hit your knees with the barbell, did you?

DEE-WHY-EEE-EL

I did, but I didn't feel anything for a good 24 hours.

Am I retarded?

How do I deal with 12hr shifts? Currently started new job for few months, and gotta work 12 hrs a day 8 days straight manual labour with 4 days off after. I come kinda exhausted from work, but still find motivation to go to the gym even after night shift. The question is, is it better to work out after coming home before going to sleep or just sleep and then wake 2 hrs earlier to hit the gym and going to work..?

Is activating almonds broscience or is it backed up by any reliable study?

Anyone know where I can buy this jacket?

Whatever works for you m8

underarmour.com.au/en-au/mens-ua-rival-fleece-fitted-graphic-hoodie/1302294.html

does caffeine have any immediate effect on testosterone/strength/libido? I usually don’t drink coffee but had a tall concentrated glass of java today. Became hyperactive and found basically 1/3 of the women I saw on the street attractive. Couldn’t sit still and skipped some work to gym (OHP/Bench day). Lifts were up a couple kgs. Still horny as fuck and jittering with adrenaline. What is this devil juice? 4 days nofap meme if related.

How the fuck am I supposed to get 180g of protein a day

This is impossible

you only need 0.82g / lb of lean mass

Can I do Barbell Rows chest supported (on an inclied bench), instead of standard? If so do you have suggestions like angle, where should the bar hit the chest/bench etc.?

Caffeine is ergogenic, which means that yes it does enhance performance if you get enough of it.

I don't know if it has any impact on testosterone.

That you want to screw anything with a pulse probably has more to due with the nofap meme.

Also, how much of an idiot are you that you're so preoccupied with "muh testosterone" and fucking nofap. Hormones are complicates as all hell, and nofap is stupid.

250g of meat at lunch and dinner is the first 100g of protein.
Two shakes throughout the day is another 50g of protein.

That's 150g right there, and that's not even counting breakfast and what you get from veggies and rice and stuff, or even an additional meal.

I started doing squats again, but feel like I'm limited by how the bar feels against my traps more than anything else. I can rep 225 no problem, but the weight on my traps prevents me from going up any higher. What can I do to solve this?

im new would be happy not to get memed

i see a lot of people talking about bulking.
They say they eat mcDonalds.
Im not clean bulking but i got some rules for example no sweets (cookies chocolate coke etc.)

Isn't McDonalds like the worst thing you could possibly eat?
The burgers have a shitton of sugar in it don't they?

In barbell rows should your palms face the ground, or should they be in the opposite directions?

Lmao, fair enough

It depends on the bench design. Lying prone on an incline bench normally does not work well with a barbell.

What you can do with some adjustable benches is stand behind it and basically do a bent-over row while resting your chest on the top of the bench's back support. This will greatly reduce strain on your low back, but some bench designs will get in the way of the barbell.

Alternatively if you have a flat bench, you can put it up on two boxes to raise its height, and do seal rows. Also a great exercise.

As to the degree of elbow flare, overhand/underhand, trunk inclination etc. most row variations are good. The reality is that you'll use one for a while, and when you go stale you can switch it up. It's not going to make a huge difference in the long run. I recommend that you load up a light weight and simply try out different setups, and just see what feels good for you.
Pay attention to what's going on in your back. If you focus on retracting your shoulder blades, your midback will be highly involved.
If you focus on sort of pulling/swinging the weight back towards your hips rather than pull it straight up, your lats will be emphasized.
If you like to do low reps i.e. 5-6 or even less, a variation that lets you pull the weight from the floor each rep works well.
Objectively speaking though, whatever lets you handle the most weight through a good range of motion is probably the best choice.

>What can I do to solve this?
Just get used to it. Sounds like you've got strong legs. Let your back catch up. In a month or so your traps won't mind the load.

>Isn't McDonalds like the worst thing you could possibly eat?
The main problem with McDonalds (and other things, such as pizza for example) is that it's what's called hyperpalpable food with a lot of calories. Basically the combination of different tastes and the fat makes the primal part of your brain instantly realize that this is a great source of quick energy, so you'll eat a shitton of it in no time.

So contrary to popular belief it's not so much that the food is somehow dangerous or incredibly shitty quality (in reality it probably is shitty, but you're harder to kill than that). It's more that it's very, very easy to overeat. And seeing as being a fat piece of shit is unhealthy, it's not too much of a stretch to call McDonalds unhealthy.

Both work.
Underhand grip will cause you to tuck your elbows more, which can be good or bad depending on what you want.

Pick one and do it until you don't want to do it anymore, then try the other.

Thanks man, you're a good person. You deserve a nice day.

how long should it take for a 6' 160lb natty to bulk to 200lbs. without going over say 15% body fat?

Last time I did OHP I pressed 55kg for 3x5 after being stuck in 55kg for two weeks. So today I tried 57.5kg and only pressed it for 4/3/3
Is 2.5 kg jump to much now? Should I deload back and only go 1kg at a time or should I still stay on 57.5?

DEE-WHY-ELL

order a pair of microplates

I want to start hitting the gym, but on my life bucket list there's a bunch of running achievements (run 10k, sub 5 minute mile). Cardio kills gains, so do I do cardio and achieve those goals BEFORE hitting the gym?
If I spent a few months on cardio achieving the other goals and then switched to the gym, would I completely miss out on nooby gains and not grow? should I just gym and run at the same time then switch to full gym when I finally hit my running goals?

What's the proper face pull position when standing and pulling heavy weights? Every youtube video is some guy doing 10lb face pull while standing perfectly straight, not possible with heavier weights

Are these arms achievable in 4 months work?

depends but probably not

I think I'm gonna make it lads.

I did 50 pullups this morning (5 sets of 10). My aim is to get to 10x10 by tthe end of the year.

So now I have a question. When can I expect to have visably bigger arms and back?

The left side of my lower back/hip has been hurting a bit after doing deadlifts on monday, I feel like whenever I am about to lift off the ground I squeeze/pinch that area, what could I be doing wrong during setup?
I've watched a lot of videos on deadlift form and setup but I still feel uncomfortable deadlifting, btw I'm fat (220lbs, 5'10) so I don't know if I should adjust my setup to acomodate my belly or my fat legs and I can't even lift 2pl8 without shit like this happening afterwards.

If I can do 5x5 bodyweight chin ups how do I transfer over to doing 3x10.
I tried and only managed to do 8/6/5. Should I just keep trying?

Also if I can do 5x5 is it better to do 3x10 or weighted 3x5?

I can curl 35kg, does that help?

Would adding farmers walk to the end of strong lifts one of the days be sufficient to get me out weak forearms? They're DYEL but not auschwitz, just normal

Do 5x6, then 5x7, and so on. Why do you want to decrease the number of sets?

Or do 8/6/5, then next time 8/8/5 or 8/7/6 or whatever. Even if you only add one rep per session it'll get you there.

on a cut and ate too much yesterday, why shouldnt i eat less over the next days to even it out?

Why do my nipples get hard while working out?
It's honestly really embarrassing and I'm considering wearing an uncomfortably thick shirt to the gym to avoid this.

What's the consensus on Milo?

Farmer's walks help yeah. I'd also highly recommend getting thick grips for barbell/hammer curls. Can't speak for everyone but they made my forearms blow the fuck up.

It's basically sugar

But it says it's low GI and it has 4.5 health stars.

Anyone?

Please Dr Row, I need you to help me get my lats involved during rows. My lats fuckin explode after one set of pull ups but it's only my rear delts and triceps that feel anything during rows no matter how I do them.

Can someone post those articles that say that we absorb much less vegetable protein than animal protein, please

I couldn't find it on pubmed btw

Only endurance cardio (marathons, etc.) kills gains, look at marathon runners. They all look like the food drops in africa came a month late. Sprinters and their ilk, not so much. Just go to the gym

Can't seem to lose those last kilograms.
I'm 185cm, 77kg. Want to reach 72 before I start bulking. Am eating 2000kcal a day, not really very active, but I cycle 15 minutes to school everyday, go to the gym and bjj 2-3 times a week. What am I doing wrong?

Am I naive in thinking I can cut from 170 lbs to 145 in 3 months without losing much muscle mass?
I'm a 5'7 manlet btw.

Australia's health star system is a complete joke, plain greek yoghurt is half a star, but I've seen chocolate chip cookies get three

I'm feeling pretty sick with a cold or some sort of respiratory system infection. No fever or weakness, just constant coughing and mucus buildup. Should I still go to the gym today, or will this impede recovery? Do some light work maybe?

I have a date with a qt tomorrow night for dinner so I'd like to feel as best as possible tomorrow.

For the last couple of days, I've been having the cold. It fucks up my respiration and therefor also my lifting and training in general.
Therefor; if a person is suffering from a disease, should one keep lifting until one is healthy, or just wait it out?

You don't do them heavy.

redpill me on micronutrients

Keep going unless you're actually suffering from something worth going to the doctor for. If people died every time they did exercise with the sniffles we'd have never survived as a species

You'll have to lean back a little but can bend at the hips to keep torso upright

>activated almonds
You've been memed m8.

What is this and how do I use it?

So we know, that there is elevated protein synthesis after heavy lifting, usually lasting about 24-36 hours. Is this prolonged, if I have doms and sore muscles?

I guess it's row machine

Stand on your hands and push the bar upwards with your legs while facing away

One of the horizontal bars goes in your anus and the other in your boyfriend's.

I bought a supplement to ease my headaches during water fasting, but it has Citrate Ions (Carbohydrates), should I keep using it?

Thinking of trying 50 pull ups a day. Anyone had any sucess with this or is it just a meme?

how much do you need to lift before you actually look somewhat athletic. i just broke 220 lbs on squats and i still can't even tell a difference. my ass is flabby, my quads look the same as before... i dl 260 too. i'm 6'1

it's not amazing i know, so i'm wondering... generally at what point don't you still look like absolute shit?

it feels like any mass im putting on is mostly flabby fat. bordering on skinnyfat at this point

Do a cut then.
Are you eating enough protein?

Mixed grip deadlifts: should your strong hand or weak hand face away from you? Or do you alternate?

It's gonna be tough, 3 months at -1000...

190-200g
2700kcal
i'm not super fat or anything. but i'm looking really skinnyfat in the mirror now.

Been doing PPL for a while now and my chest is vastly behind everything else.
Is it a bad idea to switch up to do chest, shoulders and tris every other day?
Something like push, pull, push, legs, push, rest and repeat?
Is one day enough for my chest to recover?

You're probably eating to much.
You don't really need 190g of protein, 140 is more than enough, unless you're really lean (which you are not). My advice would be to cut, and to stop dirty bulking.

I started cutting because I thought it would help with my very distended stomach. But now it's more pronounced. Do I stick with it or just bulk out of skinnyfat?

Another shot of it.

P O S T U R E
O
S
T
U
R
E

>Tfw no gym bf.

I always train much more effectively when I have a clear set of goals. Normally I focus this around my numbers, eg I just hit 5432 for 1RMs in around a year lifting thanks to /fraud/ but with 4321 and 5432 completed, I feel like I'm really lacking a solid goal to aim for in 2018.

I'm also a child, and I like it when my goals are kinda catchy, which is why 5432 was so much fun.

I'm considering focusing on body part measurements, but that's kinda gay desu.

What do you fellas use for goals?
What are some goals you used in the past?

I did the SL5x5 routine for 5 months. I want to start focusing on aesthetics now. What is the best program for this?

Why is it incredibly hard for me to get the first rep of dumbbell overhead and bench press up but after that one it is relatively easy to get the rest of the reps. This only started happening when I got over 50 pounds or so on the dumbbells. And it's not just me. I see other people experiencing the same effect. Should I be asking for help to get them up like I've seen other people do?

let me post my lifts:
180 pounds

Squat: 90kg
Dead: 85kg
OHP: 55kg
Bench: 92,5kg
Row: 65kg

Try making going to rehab and getting off drugs your goal

wtf

le sour grapes

Fatty here
Im currently a wage slave, two jobs, a gf, and no car
I honestly cannot reasonably find a way to make it to the gym when I have to constantly uber to work while I save for a car. Will just running be fine, should I focus on just eating right. Even then most days I leave work at 12am to wake up at 9am so finding time to run will be difficult. Im a retail cuck so im constantly walking around, measured around 20k steps, and thats only at one of two jobs.
I was trying Veeky Forums from last december to march and lost 35 pounds but some life stuff hit and stopped that.

Will just eating right and walking at work be suffice until I get a car and switch to full time at one job in january?

pls respond; also 5;10 217lb

Weight loss is made in the kitchen, exercise is only going to make a marginal difference. Start counting calories with something like myfitnesspal.

I know that but im speaking in terms of being skinnyfat. Would it be looked down upon or should I bust ass to try to go to the gym which is very difficult at this point.

Also I wouldnt know what my cals fats carbs and prots should be.

this is my main problem