Lateral Delts

What’re some great exercies for my lateral delts without working my traps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfuPPc6Y14
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lateral raises, just go light enough that you don't look like a flightless bird attempting takeoff and end up hitting more trap than delt

Side raises, trick is to think of hands away from the torso, not of hands going up, as if you're trying to make the DBs take the longest radius around the shoulder joint

The Press™

this, try doing it with cables and slightly inclined to the side you're working, it gets that constant tention

what a terrible answer

I tried those but I feel them more on my traps
Video ? Pls

Don't have a video, just something a guy told me which helped. Not really sure a video would help to illustrate an internal que anyway

Side raises
Power side raises
Behind the neck ohp
Crucifix holds

But here's a pro tip: side delts are largely genetic. Just like a bicep peak, the side delt has a peak to it too, and obviously the bone structure plays a huge role in too.
Some guys get capped delts popping out just pumping them with 15 pound dumbells, but I've also seen dudes do 45 pounds with good form with shitty side delts.

Im sort of lucky in the sense that I had a wide frame and good side felt genetics but the biggest redpill I ever found about shoulder training is the importance of the rear delt

PRIORITIZE REAR DELTS, the growth potential is very high for these unlike side delts. After blasting my rear delts for months I actually look much wider and get tons of compliments on it. The rear delt is huge, it actually pushes the side delt out in a way. Its the main component of the 3d look.

Why wouldn't you want to train traps? Going for a twink physique?

because when you're training side delts, the goal is to train the side delts

if all you feel is traps that's a good indicator your side delts aren't getting hit as much as they should be

The two pretty much work in tandem unless you just focus lateral deltoids

The thing about lateral raises is if you use a weight too big for the lateral delts to lift alone, it's gonna use all the muscles around i.e. traps. Try using less weight than you usually do and do it for more reps, you're gonna feel it in your lateral delts more than if you were to use more weight.

Yeah same, always felt later raises hit my traps more.

Heavy hitters that tax the upper back are great for lateral delts. Try a relatively upright t bar row (bugenhagen style) and build it up. Your lateral head will explode. Rear delts also contribute a lot to the 3d effect. Do your face pulls and pull a parts. The rows will hit the back heads just fine too tho

All side raises should be performed leaning 30-45 degrees forward with the thumbs upwards. This isolates the side delts perfectly.
If you do side raises with your pinkies up, aka "pouring the water", your destroying your shoulders.

i'm not OP, i'm laterals should be 10-15 reps or more, just get a sickening pissening pump and don't worry so much about progressing the weight since it rarely ever happens

and you forgot to add weighted pull ups/chin ups which hit rear delts the best

to which side?

I’ll take your advice
Oo, the behind the neck press sounds good. Like I side to the other user. When I do side raise I feel them more on my traps. Maybe I have shit form. I have a wide frame too, but I also have big traps and neck. I feel like their making look narrow. I’m going for a classic look.
Reallly? What’re some rear felt exercises?
Nah, I have huge traps, but I don’t want to work on them more.

Weighted pull ups for rear delt development? I guess but that's very very far from the best way to hit rear delts.

Try wide grip underhand rows off of 45 degree bench incline, holding for 2 seconds at the top of each rep.

High rep rear delt swings off a 45 incline letting your chest hang off the top

Snatch Grip Yates rows

Your form is probably off then. Remember to lean at a 30ish degree angle and bring the dumbells up with your thumbs facing upward

Lateral raises, 4-6 sets 10-15 reps x2 or x3 a week
Lean a bit forward and rotate your thumbs slighty up.
Focus on moving the weight with your elbows instead of your hands (elbows should be slighty higher than your hands during the whole movement) while keeping your shoulders as low as possible to minimize trap movement.
Don't lift your arms above shoulder level, and of the bottom of the movement, don't go all the way down, keep the weight like 15º away from your body to keep tension

Forgot to say that you should pause for 1 second at the top of the movement to make sure you're working the side delts, you will feel the burn at the end of the set.

Nucleus overload is great for delts too.
Grab 5lb dumbells and put on a 4 minute song and just pump it till it ends.

Why?

because the question was how to work your lateral delts without hitting your traps

OHP has significant trap involvement and hits primarily front delts, you can get a little more side delt if you do dumbbell press instead since you can flare more, but trying to train side delts to their fullest potential with only presses is absolute retardation

I love Crucifix holds

Take a dip belt and pit weight on one end. Then put the belt on your forearm. Proceed to lateral raise. Take this god tier advice now or continue tsking everyone else's meme advice that wont grow your shoulders because most of their exercises use lateral delts as a stabilizer.

How much do you guys lateral raise?

I dont know my dude, i just started making these uhh incline lateral raises like arnold youtube.com/watch?v=-UfuPPc6Y14 (min 3) feels pretty good

this

what's it like being literally retarded?

stop lifting it so high

It's gonna be pretty hard, flexing your lateral delts will flex your traps most of the time.

And how do you target the rear delts?

I already do two rowing variants and face pulls

>If you do side raises with your pinkies up, aka "pouring the water", your destroying your shoulders.
Can I get a explanation for this

me too, I heard this was the proper form.

I'm the one asking for the explanation btw. Imo, the only difference tilting your hand causes is which head is being worked more. Tilted up: front delt, tilted down: rear delt, nuetral tilt: lateral

> Imo, the only difference tilting your hand causes is which head is being worked more. Tilted up: front delt, tilted down: rear delt, nuetral tilt: lateral

Wrong. The tilting of the hand doesn't make any significant difference in hitting the heads of the delt. This myth has been propagated by stupid bodybuilding culture.
What you think is the feeling of your lateral head being activated when your turn your pinky up and thumb down isn't the muscle being worked. Its actually the feeling of crushing the glenoid inside of your shoulder joint. You're internally rotating the shoulder under a load, the exact opposite of what you're instructed to do for a proper bench press or over head press. Its horrible for your shoulders and doing this over a long period of time will completely fuck up your shoulders, yet this form I've seen done by 90 percent of people in the gym. Even some trainers tell you to do this. Most retarded dangerous thing ever.

Do your lateral raises like this guy says

Rear delt rows/swings