How strong do i need to be on this exercise in order to run the 100 meters in 9.99 seconds ?

How strong do i need to be on this exercise in order to run the 100 meters in 9.99 seconds ?

Sprinting is all hamstring so i think there must be some strong correlation betwern nordic curls and spronting times

Other urls found in this thread:

usatf.org/groups/Coaches/library/2007/Sprint Training/Clyde_Hart2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you asking Veeky Forums how many nordic curls you need to be able to do in order to be among the 126 fastest all-time performers over 100m? Just to clarify.

Yes ? Whats wrong with that

The stronger the hamstring the more force is applied to the groud thus the longer the stride and the faster the sprint

100m times are all about bicep curls and lay pulls. The reason they achieve these times is they use arm power to scoop the air and throw it behind them the generate forward thrust.
Hamstring is a meme.
Look at all the 100m men finalists. They all skip leg day and do curls

>sprinting doesn't involve glutes and quads

Quads are used to minimal

I agree about glutes perhaps they arent as used as hamstrings, usually the hammies limit the glutes

At least 12 I reckon.

What's wrong is that if you're even asking that, I will bet the deed to my house that you will never sniff sub 10 for 100m.

I would also bet that while hamstring strength is correlated with both ability to do nordic curls and with 100m times, that many/most sub 10 second 100m runners have never done a nordic curl in their life.

I can't believe I even responded to you. It's like asking how many situps you need to do in order to be one of the 100 best soccer players ever. Like I'm sure good soccer players do situps, and having a strong core will make you better at soccer. But it's just a completely stupid question.

>many/most sub 10 second 100m runners have never done a nordic curl in their life.

Lol ben johnson on his sprime would do box squats with 700 pounds, so you can imagine how strong his legs would be in general

The comparasion you gave is just lame football is a lot about skills not so sprinting wich is more about power and strenght pound for pound

You're missing my point entirely. No serious lifter does nordic curls, or if they do it's as an accessory, and they certainly don't use it to figure out what kind of sprint shape they're in.

And, to be clear, 10 seconds for 100m is an astounding, world class time. A body weight exercise may correlate with the strength needed to run a world class time, but the correlation is certainly weak.

My analogy is bad, here's a better comparison. It would be like me asking how many laps in a pool you need to be able to swim to run a sub 3:30 1500m. Like I'm sure the ability to swim really far is based on aerobic capacity, and aerobic capacity is critical for distance running, and many distance runners may use swimming to cross train. But asking how many laps you have to be able to swim to be able to run a world class 1500m time is fucking nonsense.

Then how strong at certain body parts you need to be at certain bodyweight in order to run a 100 m in sub 10 ? According to you

Nordic curls a weak lift ? Have you ever tried them ?

You are comparing aerobic with anaerobic, amking no sence at it best

>be me
>OP
>figure out the secret to go fast
>work hamstrings
>no one has ever figured this out before
>decide I will be the fastest
>look up "best hamstring workout" on Google
>find nordic curls
>genius
>ask Veeky Forums how many nordic curls I need to do in order to get fast
OP, you autistic fuck

I was doing them as early as high school as a distance runner. We would be 3x10 of them post run for strength. I'm not denying they're good for strength. I'm saying that the correlation between being able to do a lot of them is a terrible criteria for world class sprinting, and that while a correlation between them may be significant it is probably a very week predictor. Going sub 10 for the 100m is such a lofty achievement that there is no activity that isn't specific to the performance itself that would function as a good predictor. The specificity is that high. I wasn't pulling a number out of my ass; only 125 people EVER have run that fast. Anyone in a given year who can run sub 10 for 100m is in the discussion for getting to the final at the World Championships are Olympics that year. At that level, there is NOTHING that isn't specific to that activity that will be a great predictor for hitting that mark.

I used an aerobic activity to predict another aerobic activity. You're trying to find out if an anaerobic activity predicts for another aerobic activity. It makes perfect sense.

I'm sure nordic curls might be related to whether or not you can run sub 15 for 100m. Probably for 14 seconds. Probably for 13, maybe for 12, considerably less likely for 11, nonsense for 10. The higher up level of performance you go in ANYTHING, the less predictive non-specific activities become.

:v

Thread

You are right, i got your point now

How many scoops?

I appreciate your willingness to concede the point. Open-mindedness raises the general level of conversation. As a former D1 track athlete I was frustrated, but you're just trying to understand and to get stronger. You should still do nordic curls, they're a great exercise. Just don't use them as a benchmark for something that happens to be related (especially at a world-class level). Cheers.

Yes bro, i got it, really thanks, i appreciate it

By the way, besides sprinting, wich lower body exercises you say i must do for accesory to sprinting ?

My bros on the sprint side of the team did a lot of the traditional lifts like squats and deadlifts. The ones that stood out to me were lots of box squats and lots of power cleans. Also, specific training is almost always the most important. So doing race pace work will produce the best benefits, but race pace training is very taxing so you have to make yourself strong enough to handle it. Here is a PDF of Clyde Hart's training for 200m. Coach Hart has coached some of the world's best over 200 and 400 meters including the guy had the world record in 400 until recently.

usatf.org/groups/Coaches/library/2007/Sprint Training/Clyde_Hart2.pdf

It's targeted at elites, but you can understand his principles and apply them to your training. It's been a while since I've read it so I don't know how much "running lingo" he uses, so I'll keep this thread up for a while if you have any questions.

>sprinting is all hamstrings
sprinting is all about connective tissue and elastic rebound force between muscles.

the only person to print a 10 in my high school was a black football player who squatted in the 300s

Strength /= explosiveness. There's a reason a dyel black high school kid can most likely smoke 90% of this board in the 100. The more fast twitch fibers you can recruit the faster you will move. It doesn't matter how big your muscle is if you can't recruit the fibers FAST. Sprinting is not lifting, you only have a few seconds for each portion of the 100 and you can't afford to be slow even during the first 30m. Sure you can put more force into the ground, but how long is it going to take you to accelerate to the point where that is actually relevant? The kid next to you is moving his arms and legs faster and will be able to accelerate quicker. You may be able to catch up by the 65m mark, hell you may even have a "faster" top speed when everybody reaches a full sprint, but will it even matter at that point? You're going to be 2 seconds late because you didn't have the acceleration from the blocks

Anyways its not about moving faster, its all about the force applied to ground

Usain bolt took only 41 steps to run 100 m at 9.58 in berlin 09

Thanks

>Anyways its not about moving faster, its all about the force applied to ground

he's also 6'5

let's assume two people are applying equal force to the ground. One of them is able to utilize stretch and able to bring their legs up faster than the other, while both apply the same force to the ground, one of them is doing it faster than the other

do you think they will move the same speed?

It depends

The one who weight less will move faster

technically running is a push movement because you're pushing yourself off the ground so you should ask how much you need to close stance leg press

That exercise looks really painful on the knees and lower back, no thanks

lol you're a fucking pussy dude

nah you pull your body forward with your hamstrings ya dumb shit

>exercise looks really painful
not going to make it

He has a good methodology, though.

OP, just keep pushing yourself to be faster than you were the day before.

>dos puntos uve maquinola lince intergalactico
git out

wrong. that's your quads

oh yeah? your quads pull your body forward? laughing my fucking ass off at your life loser

Running is both push and pull depending on where in the stride you are. Pull on contact, pushoff through to next stride with good hip drive forward.

maybe true but that would be sort of like saying bench press is a pull movement when you're lowering the weight