Eczema and Lifting

Since starting squats and diddlies, I've had crazy eczema on my legs. Any anons experienced this? Any 'cures'?

> puc my calves

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23330843
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26270469
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24111816
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been getting very minor patches of eczema on hands, forearms and forehead since I started. Nothing nearly as noticeable as your pic though.

>forehead
nigga wat are you doing

These are the people you share the bench, lockers, weights, showers, saunas, hottubs with.

HOME-GYM FTW

And this is yet another reason why home gym masterrace is

It's my only noticeable spot of eczema. I have minor eczema on my right inside elbow and I get like a line around the thumb to first finger when it's cold.

The itch is a fucking bitch though, So satisfying when drunk.

Forehead yeah, wtf?

DW, I homegym. I'll save yous the hassle.

do you pull sumo

No, normal deadlift with hook grip.

I think it's just the increased blood flow. After calf raises I had one massive vein bulging on my right leg, and the whole area that is now red was tingly. Fastforward 2 months and >pic

>Scorch that shit with with HOT running water from faucet/bath/shower for joyous relief from itchy histamines.
>Go very light with 1% hydrocortisone (careful! It thinks ya skin!)
>Moisturize after shower/whenever with moisturizer free of alcohol/fragrances.
>Top coat with heaps of Aquafor pretroleum jelly.
>Drink more water, keep area clean.
>See promising results.
>Scratch the shit out of it without thinking until bleeding/oozing profusely.
>Go back to first step.
>Repeat until death

Don't scratch my man. Looks like youve been going to town.

Lifting quells my eczema.

Go to a doctor and get prescribed ointment faggot

eczema isn't contagious though

It's your body reacting to male hormones in the air from lifting and be around other men who lift, all you need to do is have some gay sex and it will clear u.

The remedy is just to get some real man juice in you preferably from someone bigger and larger than you, you've been giving your maculinity and self your whole life, it's time for another man to give to you from his own masculinity.

>inb4 diaberthus

My uncle works at Nintendo so I can confirm this.

Literally diabetes.

I thought it was just me
>that feeling in the shower of putting near boiling water on the backs of my knees and ass
>hurts but feels so good

It's not contagious man. Fucking sucks when people treat me like i have the bubonic plague or something.

i was reading some literature that suggested immune system suppression can be a result of intense lifting but you have to pass a certain threshold (up to a certain point physical training = less sickness), I work out 7 days a week fairly intensively and my eczema has flaired up a lot since i started lifting

also no increase in sleep, change in diet etc seems to fix this, just moisturize and pray it doesn't get a staph infection at gym...

try a 0.1% bleach bath, or 300 mL of Bleach in your average 300L bathtube

Seems to help a great deal with skin conditions, which are often a double threat of inflammation's affect on cytokines and hormones, and infection's necrosis and oxidative load

Take colder showers. I've had this and it helps.

Oh man I don't get this. Most I get is when I do rack pulls and I fucking shave my legs with the bar using pure friction.
I dunno man, but I fucking hate how people perceive it. It's not smallpox.

Get oatmeal soap and use it. I'm assuming you have a chronic, lifelong case of eczema. You need to be drinking a TON of water, especially during sets. Do not use any chemical baths of any kind, it will just irritate your skin. Take some Tylenol to numb yourself to the itching feeling until the outbreak resolves itself.

You should probably moisturize more too. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON USE HOT WATER, IT WILL DO NOTHING OTHER THAN GIVE YOU TEMPORARY RELIEF AND JUST DELAY HEALING.

Buy something with hyper cortisone as some user mentioned
Or get prescribed some Elocon or regional equivalent

>chemical baths
better than lathering yourself in oatmeal my man
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23330843
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26270469
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24111816
You gotta fuck off with this garbage 'natural' fallacy

> Treating the immediate symptoms
Use some hydrocortisone cream at light doses to treat it at first, while progressively reducing use of the cream over the course of 1 month then cut it off entirely.

> Getting rid of eczema altogether
Cut sugary shit from your diet (soda, iced tea, candy + moisturize in winter.
I used to have a shit ton of skin problems,
They all went away as soon as I cut high sugar shit from my diet and hydrated properly with water/sugar free tea.

>thought i had "eczema" on my legs for years
>no amount of lotion ever helped
>put some over the counter anti-fungal cream on it out of curiosity
>completely gone in 4 days

not saying you definitely have a fungal infection, but it's worth a try

Looks like you need some clobetasol son. Refrain from taking hot showers. I'd see a dermatologist because having open sores on your legs makes you susceptible to staph/mrsa infections. The relief of putting steroid cream on and healing is worth getting off your ass and making an appt with the derm. Just went myself. My eczema gets fucked with my diet too so you may want to get some allergy testing done.