Why aren't you doing front squats, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you doing front squats, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5rPKC2zgo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m not flexible enough to stick out my elbows correctly (like oly lifters do). Same reason I don’t do powercleans. I don’t know where I need to work on flexibility in order to do it right

Cause my quads are overdeveloped compared to hamstrings due to cycling anyway

I'm 6'2"
Short torso

too unflexible plus weak core, I don't wanna be lifting babbyweight

who dis

Cause I'm not a dirty whore.

Ayy.
Came to post the exact same thing.

I think it'd be triceps.

Fitting

and rear delts

Same thing. I just bend my arms/wrists/fingers back enough to steady the bar on the front of my shoulders. I have tried crossing my arms in front, but it's too unstable.

Instead, I do Zercher squats when I don't have access to a rack.

>I just bend
Meant to say I just CAN'T bend...

I don't have the wrist/elbow mobility like most people in this thread say

I did try the wrist strap method but felt like I was getting weird looks

get your shit together you inflexible pieces of shit
youtube.com/watch?v=R5rPKC2zgo4

>Tfw skelly but flexible enough to do front squats with good form
>tfw people watch you do front squats as if they've never seen such a simple movement before
I've only ever seen one other guy do front squats at my gym. Dude had on 3pl8 and I was mirin hard, one day I'll be a big guy like him :^)

/our slag/

I'm gonna start next week. I need to train my core and conventional squats didn't bring any improvement to my ass. So fuck it. I'm concentrating in abs now.

Just today I did front squats for the first time ever. I can low bar squat 300 x3x5. And today I did a top set of 225lbs x3. Is this decent?
Did few reps because I wanted to get a feel for the movement. Think I can go heavier, maybe up to 265lbs x3

Don't know, to be honest. You could create a flawless strength training routine with them:

A Day:
5x5 Front Squats
5x5 Bench
5x5 Row

B Day:
5x5 Front Squat
5x5 Shoulder Press
5x5 SL DL

Way more core development than back squats and regular deadlifts with that.

Yeah but you would be able to overload for shit, thats why most programs take back squats instead of front squats as a main leg movement.

>overload

overrated

less chance of injuries too, especially for newbs.