Injury thread

Share injuries/ injury question/ injury feels

So i did the press, deadlifts and chinups as well as lat raises and weighted crunches yesterday and i woke up to discomfort in the muscles/tendons on the outside of the part of the forearm that connects to the elbow. This only seems to happen when i do the eccentric part of the bench press, ohp or lying tricep extension. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? Also, is it safe to lift with it tomorrow?

Its a classic overuse injury. Technically its tendinitis but we call it pussy half repper arm

shoulder impingement here. didn't lift for 3 weeks and started going back this week. hit rear delts pretty hard today and they feel like they are on fire but i wouldn't call it pain. any advice? already stretch for like 30 minutes everyday

Thanks. Can i lift with it tomorrow?

Dorian yates said dead hangs were really good for shoulder impingement when he was on joe rogan.

Overuse injury. Can I work out tommorow.
Yeah nah m8

Is yeah nah a yes or a no?

You pussies don’t know shit about injury. Check this out. Tore my levator scapulae while trying to overhead press with a thick bar. Mid-rep I hear a loud tear followed by immediate weakness. A few seconds later my entire face, head, and neck is completely engulfed in a tingling pins and needle sensation. I legitimately thought I was having a heart attack. The sensation eventually localized to the back of my neck. And then the most intense pain of my life began to slowly sink in. I actually don’t remember to this day what I did for several days after that incident. All I recall was laying in bed unable to turn my head. I could walk around, I just couldn’t rotate my head. I literally have no memory outside of that, lolz. I think like 3-4 days later I was able to at least rotate my head (with incredible pain) before slowly making a recovery. Oh yeah and my entire neck and upper back turned blue.

not even him, but clearly you have some reading comprehension son.

Shit, that sucks. How long did it take you to start lifting at max weight again?

>Check this out.
Stopped reading here

I cant read properly

Probably about 6 months. It’s funny because the thick bar always gave me trouble for some reason. I would always strain my neck a little bit when using it and I could never figure out why. Then one day the muscle just snapped and it was gg

Needless to say I don’t use that piece of shit bar anymore

Strengthening your rear delts is one of the best things you can do to help recover from impingement and prevent future injury. Be smart and monitor the pain and keep at it.

>work at restaurant
>currently a lunch rush but I've got to take a huge shit
>run to stall and try to shut door in one fluid motion
>my knee goes flush against the bowl as my foot goes under it
>I end up going towards the toilet to close the door
>instead of stopping my leg bends in a way it's not supposed to
>freak out and lean the other way
>leg pops back to normal
>it starts to hurt and now I'm on the bathroom floor in pain

I was honest but I wouldn't hear the end of it until a few months later. Along with physical therapy my leg swelled up pretty bad and sometimes it hurts a little.

usually athletes tear their acl in the heat of battle, you did it in the shitter.

>haven't been gym for over 10 years

Started out with Squats, 60kg, can't walk up and down stairs a week later...

I don't know about you, but when I'm racing to take a mega shit, I feel like a running back making a cut to score the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.

I'm either unlucky or retarded but it wasn't my acl thankfully. On a sidenote, the X-ray girl was hot and the physical therapist was a brown cutie. She thought I was a runner or something because my legs are thicc and she said the muscle helped cushion what could have been worse.

This user gets it, I picked myself up and took that shit before I reported my injury.

Would it be ok to do only squats for a week or 2 while it heals?

H-how can I make sure that this never happens to me??

Last night i beat my dick so hard i pulled a muscle in my leg

I was messing around with too much weight on incline bench and on my last rep of the last set I hyper extended out my right shoulder so I could get the bar back on the rack. I heard a popping/tearing noise. The next day I couldn't lift my arm without extreme pain. I went to the doc and got an ultrasound. He said nothing is wrong with it and I probably just sprained it. This was 2 months ago. I just started going back to the gym and I can feel my right shoulder click with any movements pushing over my head. My right shoulder is also noticeably weaker than my left now.
Did I tear my rotator cuff and the doc missed it?
Am I just being parnoid about a sprain?
I feel a clicking it in whenever I raise it above my head.
What so?

Probably a shoulder impingement user same as take some time off, stretch, ice and hit rear delts

I've torn my groin a few times, several ligamentous hand injuries, severe upper trap tear left me unable to bench for over a year, severe pec tear left me unable to do chest for 6+ months, I've had numerous SI joint injuries due to a lack of flexibility leaving me unable to do much lower body for 3+ years. The SI injuries were the worst because I could not work around them. At one point the pain hit me during squats, a warmup, I dropped the weight and collapsed. I limped to the bathroom and was in a gym shower for hours before I could leave. Thought about having my gf come get me but eventually made it out on my own. Pain was sharp and vomit inducing, giving me deep chills over my entire body.
I injure incredibly easily, it sucks, but each time I get more meticulous and learn more about how I personally need to do things to succeed. Jelly of people who can lift like idiots and get away with it, but the chronic injury will build up for them eventually.

Uninsured poorfag and I need help rehabbing my wrist pain. Its been injured for 1.5 months, but I never lost my ROM fortunately.

So far I've done weighted wrist curls (forwards and backwards) as well twisting my forearm with dumbbells. I also have been squeezing a cheap stress ball.

Pain has gone or severely lowered for most wrist movements but there is still pain in my wrist whenever I put pressure against something with my fingers. Whether its scratching my own back (tucked back not across the chest) or spotting someone on the bench, my wrist hurts like shit.

I'm able to hit a heavy bag and lift with gloves just fine, but I need more exercises to strengthen my wrist when there is weight or pressure on my fingers. Any ideas?

I've tried squeezing a stress ball while my arm is tucked back (kind of like how I scratch my back) to make the exercise feel more tense, but sometimes it hurts depending on how twisted my arm is. The pain isn't anything compared to when I regularly scratch, but I'm not sure if its "good pain" or bad pain. Its not sharp, there is a build up to it.

Tl;dr wrist pain for 1.5 months (most likely ligament injury), need rehab exercises aside from curls and forearm twisting.