Mass Gainer

What's the best mass gainer?
pic unrelated

food helps

food helps

Thanks dipshit

There is literally no reason to use a mass gainer. It's just powder with a lot of sugars, starch and fat. Same result could be obtained a lot cheaper with oats, potatoes and peanut butter

>you have to cook those

faster to make, faster to consume

If you're too lazy to cook, then you shouldn't bother lifting

pro tip-
you can cook potatoes in a microwave, it takes 10 minutes
you can eat oats as they are or make oatmeal by adding milk then microwaving for 2 minutes
you can add peanut butter to your oatmeal

how fucking lazy can you guys be

I wasn't planning on using it as a main source of calories, just a boost. I cook but I feel as if that's not enough.

Myprotein's Vegan gainer.

Yeah yeah I know, "vegan". But no really, GREAT micros and micros (almost no sugar), lots of high quality ingedients, NO SOY, very filling and cheap as fuck. Not bulking rn myself, but I make a shake instead of eating oat porridge for breakfast if I'm in a hurry.

Plenty of cold hard iron several times a week.

1. food
2. test
3. deca

How many calories are you looking to get each day?

>cook
>microwave

What if they guy has a problem eating enough calories? No need to be a bitch about it.

Definition of cook-
'prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by mixing, combining, and heating the ingredients.'

Just get protein from your diet. Meat, dairy and nuts are all rich in protein. I've been making great progress with no supplements at all.

No specific number just really high. I cannot reliably count my calories throughout the day and figure I might as well just consume like a mad man. But I'd say anywhere in the 3000-5000 range

Not enough calories? Eat more. Pretty fucking simple. If you are too much of a bitch to stomach your food, just quit now.

That's a pretty big fucking range, a whole RDI worth of calories. If you were on 5k you would be gaining at least 2lb a week, and that would end up being mostly fat.

Well. if you're going to use mass gainer, use a high quality one.

• 60 grams of Protein
• 1250 Calories
• 39 grams BCAA’s, Glutamine and Essential Amino Acids
• High Quality Clean Carbohydrate complex featuring Rolled Oats, Sweet Potato and Quinoa
• Easy to mix
• Reduced Sugar

bretty gud desu.

Easily achievable with whole foods, you may need to eat 6-8 meals a day to reach 5000 calories, that's over the top if you're not on gear

What kind of stupid statement is that? If someone has trouble eating enough normal food they should just give up altogether?

Is this bait? I think I fell for bait.

How long have you been here newfriend?

>too lazy to cook
some people don't have as much time as hkv neets like you to cook 3 meals a day sweetie

4 years

^
Good point. I work 50 hours a week and don't have time to cook every meal.

If we're talking Veeky Forums in general 9 years.

Searing a bit of chicken in a pan doesn't exactly take too long does it? No one is asking you to prepare pulled pork here, are they?

Assumed you were new from how you reacted to a pretty standard shitpost.

>be me
>wake up at 5am
>gym for an hour on an empty stomach
>6 am breakfast, prep lunch, shower and get ready for college
>be at college for 7 am
>college 7:30 am until 3:45 pm
>eat
>work 5 pm until 11 pm
>eat again
>sleep
>repeat
and i still have time to eat 4 meals a day, what's your excuse?

what really grinds my gears is that most mass gainers will boast huge calories and macros, but when you look at the serving size its literally 3 cups of powder. at that rate its literally 6x the serving size of your average protein supp, so I dont understand why one doesn't just increase their ingestion of their usually protein shake. I've dabbled with mass gainers before and still have some in my pantry for shits and gigs, but I'm literally looking them side by side right now and I have an average pea protein supp that has about 4cal/g of powder whereas the whey-based "mass gainer" I have has only 3 and change, but of course the mass gainer's serving size is approx 10x the size like I stated. really activates my almonds.

*to be specific the powders I'm comparing are tru-nut's peanut protein powder and beyond raw's rebuilt mass xp

You need some more sleep friend.

Mass gainers aren't just protein. It's a mix of protein, carbs, fat, and micronutrients that mixes easily and is palatable.

Oats, potatoes, and PB are each fine raw.

At that point, a protein powder diet (whey, casein, flaxseed and canola oils, stevia..) is plausibly the best though.

GOMAD
O
M
A
D

>keto

What research is actually done on the effects of calories for muscles?

u still store glycogen, it just needs to go through conversion from the liver. There are a few - a big one in 2017 that looks promising - but the results are pretty inconclusive. I think in the case of diet its valuable to look at example; there are ultra-marathoners who survive on keto.

There are some for deficits, specifically.

i know, it's a tight schedule, i fucking love weekends

>he eats more meals per day than hours he sleeps per night

Right, the macros are great, but it still doesnt really seem worth it to buy when it doesnt really assist in hitting caloric requirements. Especially considering most mass gaining powders macro sources are kind of trash. ON in particular comes to mind.

>cooking peanut butter
>oatmeal takes a whopping 2 minutes to cook in a microwave

people underestimate the importance of sleep

Get your mass mainly from food.

Have some protein powder on hand to use in case you have a meal that doesn't quite meet your macro needs.

Objectively this

just buy MALTODEXTRIN in bulk

Yo to back you up OP, mass gainer helps me. I also recommend soy lent and drinking plenty of milk. I know it sounds dumb, but for me and maybe other skeles, what helps is drinking food. For some reason I can trick my body into drinking a shit ton of calories even after a meal. Like for instance I could have like a 1.5k mass gainer with a meal, and get like fucking 2k calories right then and there, so yeah I eat like around 1k calories the rest of the day and hit my 3k. For some reason drinking mass gainer is just easier for me, and theres no reason to complain because it made me gain a shit ton of weight and works. I have trouble forcing myself to eat solid food though for some reason.

Muh diabetus

This just isn't true though is it.