Time it took you to reach 1/2/3/4 (skip if not there yet)

>Time it took you to reach 1/2/3/4 (skip if not there yet)
>Time lifting
>Cutting, bulking, lean bulking?
>goal.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>skip
>bout 5 months actually following a program
>cleanish bulking
>1/2/3/4, Mikisugi cosplay

1 year

10 years

Started training at 14 and hit 1pl8 OHP yesterday

>skip
>2 months
>cutting
>goal pic related

Reminder that it's a multiple of your bodyweight, not number of plates. So to reach 1/2/3/4, a 170lbs man needs to DL 680lbs. Good fucking luck doing that in a year.

1/2/3/4 is actually fucking hard. I think only one or two regulars in my gym actually pull it off.

And it's 1RM or 5RM?

Also, 1pl8 is 135lb/60kg right? (2x20kg plates + 1x20kg barbell)

1 - About 10 months of serious, focused shoulder training and working on my form
2 - a really long fucking time, bench is hands down my worst lift
3 - not very long at all, 7-8 months if even that
4 - I don't deadlift
>Time lifting
3 years of mainly cutting, maintenance, and goofing around with different meme diets and programs, then i took a year off to heal from an injury sustained in a car accident, followed by 2 years of "serious" training
cutting
>goal
none

7 months or so
10 months or so
I cut 10 kg over a month and a half, now back to bulking
Not hating myself

Bulking, 6'3, 102kg, 2.5 years training, 1/2/3/4 took like 1.5 year (excluding bench 1 year)

Currently at 1.75/3/4.75/4.5

Thank u rippetoe

>I've hit 3, but not 1/2/4
>5 months seriously with a proper diet
>lean bulking
>1/2/3/4, Chris Pratt but more aesthetic

>1pl8 is 135lb/60kg right? (2x20kg plates + 1x20kg barbell)

Yeah, obviously if you add more plates then you don't keep adding bars though.

you.. don't add extra bars?

Don't make that mistake, we have lost many good men that way

1 month
15 months
Maintaining for competition
National level powerlifter

Great, so 1/2/3/4 is:

135lb or 60kg Overhead press
225lb or 100kg Bench press
315lb or 140kg Squat
405lb or 180kg Deadlift

These numbers are actually very high, damn. Are these for 1RM? I can see 3 and 4 doable within a year for me, but the first two look insane to me.

What if he does BB DB bench? Then he'd need 2 bars?

idk mate i see myself doing them in half a year.
i'm at 0.75/1.5/2/3 atm
lifting 4 months

i mean that's what i work with.
orms should be higher.

There is no clear rule. But people usually mean they can actually do it consistently and not just once on a lucky day with full moon after getting stung by a mosquito that sucked on a roiders cock before it came to you, which would mean something like 5 reps

Never gunna make it, sorry

How do you CUNTS reach those number "lifting 4 months"? I focused on strength training for a year and I haven't reached any of these. My numbers did increase a lot, but FUCK I'm nowhere near for any of those.

Am I being trolled??

4 months of lifting is pretty good for them strength gains.

Are you crouching virgin hidden chad or are you doing it wrong?

Bet he lifts in the Smith machine.

Some people are somewhat strong before they start lifting, some people are big and have more ROM, some people are eating enough food and get big while some people don't eat enough and stay small.

Are you eating enough? Are you small? Did you start as a skellington?

Just keep training you will make it eventually if you follow a decent plan.

Dont listen to the strength training babbies, either they are making those numbers up or adding weight with incredibly shitty form.

Or doing the Rippletits methods
>Reach 1/2/3/4 while being Obese!

Never gonna make it

>Some people are somewhat strong before they start lifting

I suppose this is the case. It's not the first time I see someone claiming great numbers in a short time.

>Are you eating enough? Are you small? Did you start as a skellington?

I think I am, I have gained some weight. I am still rather small, moreso when I started, but my legs are very decent, because I walk a lot of uphills. I am a clear case of T-rex, that's why DL and squat are my best lifts.

>Just keep training you will make it eventually if you follow a decent plan.

Will do!

>Currently at 1/1.5/3/3 (I took a few months out to do Olympic lifting and basically never pulled heavy)
>10 months, 3 months of which were Olympic lifting
>bulking
>95kg (90kg now) and 2/3/4/5

Took me literally 6 months are I’m a skinny lanklet lmao. Was also drinking alcohol and not bulking. If you can’t get it in 1 year kys.

10 months
>Time lifting
10 months
Bulking, starting lean bulking now
>goal.
i wanna be better at rugby. everything else is just positive side effects

no you absolute mongoloide, just no

>4 months for 1/2
>5 months. itll take another 4-5 months to hit 3/4 because i only started legs 2 months ago
>recomp
>pic related, an user

Dude are you me? Down to the car accident,3 years of lifting, and mostly cutting.

>>Time it took you to reach 1/2/3/4 (skip if not there yet)
1.5 years
>>Time lifting
1.8 years
>>Cutting, bulking, lean bulking?
Slow cutting, still making strength gains. Apparently this is the magic of 20:4 IF
>>goal.
Krieg from borderlands

first month of SS here (x5)
OHP: 0.75
bench: around 1.5
squat: 1.25
DL: 2.25

why are my squats so shit?

>he benches more than he squats

just kill me already :(

I did cali each summer for 3 summers straight.
That's why my legs are lagging compared to my upper body.

oh and 70kgs btw.

t. dyel
it's because youre not following a proper program and consistently adding weight to the bar

>200 lb guy needs to deadlift 800 lbs for base strength

Duh

4 months to reach 1/2/3/4. 6 months lifting. maxes now are 70/110/155/185 (all in kg). im 81kg now

"I have gained some weight"

Confirmed for not eating enough, sorry bro your not Larry wheels and won't be getting strong whilst keeping any abs

Natty has to eat big to get strong I'm talking force feed a couple times a day at least until you are fat THEN cut and lose some of the fluff and end up a strong 15% bf

I lifted in high school so I gained back strength very quickly two months to hit 1234 From literally 95lb squat

So you had some strength background. That makes sense.

I stuck with Stronglifts 5x5 for about 8 months, after a couple of deloads and stalling I then did a mix of PPL, and I'm now currently training for hypertrophy (so far went from 160lb to 175lb).

I mean I might not have the best structured program, but I definetly do not fuck around. Consider I went from never having touched a bar to squatting 200lb

5'9 165
>1.5 years
>2 years. About a year ago I was at .75/1.5/2/3 and now I'm at 1/2/3/4 for 2-3 reps on each lift
>I've maintained weight but increased muscle through slightly eating above maintenance
>1.5,3,4,5 would be cool

yes but i'm still not satisfied with my progress, today i added 5 kgs to my bench and was only able to do 5 5 4 4 and i gave up didn't even try the last set :(

>i bench 1kg more than i squat

bugger off mate you don't need to gain fat to increase lifts.

It took me 11 months of training. And I was approaching 2/3/4/5 over the next 6months but tore some tendons and ligaments in my foot now my squat and deadlift are less than my ohp and bench. Pretty discouraging desu.

steroid monster confirmed

5 5 4 4 ain't so bad? How much are you resting? 3 or 4 reps and failure is better than no reps. You can do it, user!

Not being satisfied with progress can be good, it can make you want to do better.

Got 1/2 in the first six months. Still haven't got 3/4 because back problems.

Liftan 3 years now I think.

You don't eat enough you fucking twink, I gained 15kg (yes that's kilograms) in my first 5 months of lifting, I was at 1/2/3/4 at my 6th. I ate like a fucking hippo you just fucking eat more if you want to get big and strong, yes you'll culminate some fat but that's no big deal as long as you keep yourself around 15-17%

EAT BIG TO GET BIG C'MON

thanks user if only i had irl friends who lift.

so... all bad programs.try doing the lifts more frequently, ie squatting 3-4x a week, pressing 2-4x a week etc. do smolov/smolov jr or russian squat routine for back squat and overhead press 2-3x a week. all four lifts will go up

>bicep 1
wat

About two years
6 years
Bulking hard
Hit BW 215 and Rep out 435 for 10 squats, then cut to 175.

and i'm resting a minute or less.
usually when the chorus is about to start cus metal pumps me up.

OHP: 55kg 1x5
Bench: 81kg 1x5
Squat: 125kg 1x5
Deadlift: 150kg 1x5
Never going to make it lads.

Those numbers arent anywhere close to steroid monster numbers. I am gonna,start after I get my surgery in January then get stationed in California in March so hopefully I can get some badass results.

Are you retarded?

mate 2/3/4/5 is a COMPLETELY different beast than 1/2/3/4, it takes like double the time at minimum and fucking straight dedication. Like you can slack off and half ass it to achieve 1/2/3/4 but same doesn't apply to his big brother

Try resting a bit more, 2 or 3 minutes, no more.

Reaching 2/3/4/5 in 6 months when it took you 11 for 1/2/3/4 is straight deluded. Most natties will never strict Press 2 pl8 at all, and alone progressing from 1pl8 to 1.5 in ohp takes twice as long as reaching 1pl8

Skip (Currently 1/1.5/2.5/3 1rm)

7 months

Bulking

Goal is to weigh at least 200lb and meet the "advanced" standards exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

Most these people are just trolls, I only come here to see fitness related ylyl threads. Nobody who lifts waste their time coming here for advice, so I assume 9/10 people just embellish. Realistically, I bet only 20% of the people here can do 1/2/3/4, and all of them are not posting in this shitty bait thread to trigger people trying to lift.

I did say I was approaching it. I had the bench and squat. OHP was at 215 and diddle was at 390. So I still had a couple months of,training to get there. Reading comprehension

if this is a serious post, honestly really proud of you for sticking in there, gj bro

>11 Months
>11 Months, Did callisthenics/BWF before lifting.
>Bulked over winter, Cutting now
>I want to compete in powerlifting, I know I won't be as good as those who've been doing it for longer. But I want to try.

If you worked out before then it aint 2 months dumbfuck

>Currently I'm 2/1.5/2/2
>1.5 years
>cutting
>connor murphy (but with hair, and unfortunately not that tall)

There's a few reasons people think 1/2/3/4 is impossible/very difficult. The truth is, any hardworking male should be able to achieve it.

1. Form, form, form.
If you do compound lifts with bad form/technique, you will never hit 1/2/3/4 ever no matter how genetically superior or how long you lift. After 6 months weight training in senior year, I plateaued in all my lifts, no where near 1/2/3/4, got really discouraged and stopped. Later I find out I'm doing EVERY lift wrong with bad technique, after fixing form, I went from 185lbs 5RM squat to 285lbs 1RM in less than a month, similar gains in other lifts. You think you can't fuck up things like bench and OHP but I promise you chances are that you don't have perfect form, that's why you can't hit 1/2/3/4

2. Bad diet, not enough sleep, not enough water
This one is self explanatory, Ferrari's no different than a Honda when out of gas.

3. Deload/Change Programs
Everyone's different, some people are just naturally 6'4 230lbs when they are 17 years old and after 6 months of lifting, kid easily reps 225 on bench like it's warm up. Even 5'6 lil manlets who's wider than their height start 1RM 550lbs+ squat. Just stop looking at others and focus on what's working for you, it's all about gains. No gains? Deload. Still no? Switch programs.

I promise you, outside of /plg/ threads, there's only like 5 people per thread who can do 1/2/3/4. Don't listen to the elitists and trolls.

>ohp more than bench and as much as deadlift

I'm not sure. What's your point?

>tfw ohp 20kg less than my bench

what's going on here

1.5/2.5/2/3
1.5 years
Cut
2/3/3/4

Thank you fampai

>Hit 1/2 nearly at 3/4
>9 months
>Lean Bulk for the winter
>Compete in PL maybe 2019(??)

Becep 1 is a deltoid genius.

4 years, i still have a sticky note in my phone from 2013 where i set my goal to hit 1/2/3/4

SS got me virtually nowhere and i had to go through a shitload of PT and rest to recover from fucking my knee up in a car crash.

I hopped on texas method with different press programming when i recovered, and finally got that 3pl8 squat for 5 to seal it a few weeks ago

congrats, OHP is the most satisfying lift to reach 1/2/3/4

yea you almost never see anyone squatting 3 pl8 in a commercial gym, i'm actually proud of myself

>mfw 155 OHP for 3 reps but stuck at 195 bench for 4 reps

Please send help.

It depends on your weight, you fuck. If you're a big fat slob, you'll reach these numbers in couple months max. If you're a skelly you'll probably need over a year even if you bulk like a motherfucker

>>Currently I'm 2/1.5/2/2
what? how?

bar path or grip width probably

are you consciously activating your chest and lats when you lift off? gotta develop that habit into muscle memory

3 months in training

OHP: 50kg (5x5)
Bench: 75kg (5x5 - 37.5kg DB/hand)
Squat: 110kg (5x5)
DL: 100kg (5x5 - form is probably pretty bad, I don't train it as hard as other lifts)

I think I'll be able to hit 1/2/3/ in another 4 months. Need to buy some micro plates actually for the OHP.

What is 1/2/3/4?

1/2/3/4 refers tp the number of 20kg/45lb plates either side on your Overhead Press/ Bench Press/ Squat/ Deadlift.

So 1/2/3/4 = 60kg (135lb) OHP / 100kg (225lb) Bench Press / 140kg (315lb) Squat / 180kg (405lb) Deadlift.

It is a common benchmark to determine whether one is an intermediate or a beginner. It is asserted that any disciplined beginner on a decent routine should reach 1/2/3/4 within their first year of strength training, providing they eat and sleep enough.

My one rep maxes:

OHP: .25 plate (67.5lb)
Bench: .5 plate (90lb)
Squat: .75 plate (112.5)
Deadlift: 1 plate (135lb)

been lifting almost 2 months now

>8.5 months
>8.5 months
>First 3 months maintenance, cut for 3 months, bulking for 2.5.
>3x bw deadlift, one armed pullup, 1.5x bw bench.

170 pounds.

I'll race you 0.833/0.833/0.786/0.556
at 81.74% of 1/2/3 but my poverty DL brings it down to 75.2% of 1/2/3/4.

Thanks man helpful response. Is each one for a 1rep max or a 5X5 or what?

>grill
>14 years old
Pick one

When will they learn?

>3 months
>Inconsistent
>Eat when I'm hungry
>Do two chicks at once