Herniated disc

I think I herniated my disc, anons. Barbell row is my main suspect
it hurst when I bend over and when I sneeze
assuming that I will recover from it completely, what should I do so this will never happen again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KSS693haask
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs
youtube.com/watch?v=1J8D0wLNYN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn to brace
Exercise your core, even everyday if it's necessary

Also bentover rows can be dangerous, which you learned the hard way, switch to Pendlay's

>Pendlay rows
>not bentover

Am I missing something?

>Switch to row that puts lower back at even more risk to injure it faster

You don't fuck around

Pendlays ends at dead stop at the floor
bentover ends with barbell hanging above the floor, which puts more torque on your lower back

pendlay row is like a deadlift you pull up to your stomach

bent over row is, well, a bent over row

Good to fucking know, thanks. I've been doing pendlay rows wrong this whole time.

or ditch rowing and accept rack pulls as your lord and saviour

Do regular rows in a power rack so you don't have to bend over like a fool

just do chest supported rows or dumbbell rows

I'm pretty sure I don't have a herniated disc but the left side of my lower back/hip has been feeling a little sore after doing DLs on monday, and it only starts to get annoying after a workout, what can it be, just a sore muscle, should I put ice/heat on it?

probably only bulging disc

herniated disc would literally make you cry in pain

>what you should do to avoid it
learn how to hip hinge
learn how to brace
learn movements before going heavy on them
perfect form on movements, and dont do weights that make your form break down too often

t. lifting beltless since beginning, had injury once on warmup deadlift set, only got out of it stronger

>assuming that I will recover from it completely
You dont. Its an injury for life that never heals.

stop putting out wrong information

youtube.com/watch?v=KSS693haask

listen to this op

youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs

eat shit

Also do those hyper back extentiosn every other day.

>taking advice from dyels

i forgot to mention
I kinda had a bulging disc from benching (arching like a mofo and doing the leg drive)
it kinda went away after some months of going easy on it, i thought i was ok, THEN i did the whole fix thingie, turns out i wasnt ok, now i feel my lower back super stronger and i do it once a week, and the back hyper ext every other day

But he's right, it doesn't physically heal completely. You can get rid of symptoms though.

that dyel knows more about lifting than you, and has fixed pic related after he shattered his vertebrae, massive disc herniations and more.

Pic related squatted over 1000lbs multiple times.

and i forgot pic

I think the reason so many people get low back issues from bent over rows (assuming solid technique) is that your upper back, lats and traps, are almost always way stronger than your low back. Because people do a fuckton of rows, pull-ups and pull-downs, but low back training is just a couple of back extensions every now and then.
Even deadlifts won't prepare your low back for heavy BOR because you'll drop the weight dead between each rep while the BOR requires a sustained isometric contraction for 30+ seconds. Nobody trains this specific function using other exercises, and the result is a clear weak link.

Once you herniated you're fucked. Like breaking a bone you create a weakness that will make it more likely to happen again in the same location.

that's not how breaking bones works at all

w r o n g

Do you have any recs for lower back strengthening?

The human body's healing powers are amazing. Below's a qt3.14 anecdote to represent my point:

youtube.com/watch?v=1J8D0wLNYN0

There are stories where an athlete broke his ankle to smithereens, then proceeded to train and win a gold medal in the olympic games. The way I see it it's pretty much a "use it or lose it" thing. If your body "sees" that you really need that damaged body part, it'll repair it.

Obviously we can't regrow limbs, but other than that, the human body is pretty amazing, not to mention it coupled with modern medicine.