HookGrip

Does anyone have bad experience using the HookGrip?
Any Brolen Thumbs etc.?

No. Just practice it, especially in warmups. It's painful at first but it will subside. It's worth it anyway, mixed grip is retarded

>HookGrip
this kills the thumbs

double overhand (with straps at high weights) masterrace reporting in

i too like dislocating my appendages

I try to use it every time I deadlift before switching to mixed grip so I can get used to the feeling. Feels pretty good not being a thumblet senpai

I must be doing something wrong since the bar slides off every time.

double overhand you fucking forearmlets

This

I broke my thumb back in 8th grade and after they pulled the cast off my thumb was crooked. Fucks with a lot of lifts.

>he fell for the hookgrip meme

if your grip is failing, replace pushing diddly weight with farmer walks and wrist curls

if it keeps failing after some good forearm gains, you're heavy enough for straps

I've honestly given hook grip a shot multiple times over the years and it's never actually helped my grip

it only helps people with large hands

it just reduces space between the bar and the palm

>he lifts

Didnt work for me. Wasted weeks of progress trying to make it work.
Now i use normal grip until the last set (5/3/1) when i use straps.

I can rep 4pl8 for reps with a mixed or hook grip. When I do double overhand my grip starts to fail on 110kg for reps at around the 4th rep. I wish I wasn't joking. I've tried adding farmers walks, I've tried doing some extra sets with double overhand to try and strengthen my grip but it hasn't helped at all. What do?

ive tried it but ive got smol hands and cant really get it. mixed grip is easier

>t. 225lb DL 1RM

mixed is inevitable when going past 3pl8s, unless you have fucking death grips

it just hurts, does nothing to the thumbs. Also straps make you look like a lil bitch unless you DLing 600lbs

/thread

stop bitching you fucking faggots, oly lifters have been using hookgrip with 5x the weight you deadlift and with 100x more explosiveness.

kind of in the same boat, I only use hookgrip, approaching 4pl8 deadlift too

is 4pl8 a decent weight to start using straps?

Oddly enough my deadlift for reps is only up to 315, but I can do it double overhand it atleast 3-4 reps at a time

High rep low weight DL on days you usually dont do DL, with FatGripz or similar thickening of the bar.

>pic not related

chalk up your hands and hang from a bar or pullup bar for as long as you can after your deadlift sessions. I went on a journey to do a 405 deadlift only double over after getting to it on mixed grip and I can say just doing these hangs for as long as possible helped my grip.

I got up to 380lbs without straps and I'm an ultra wristlet. It's also about technique, not just grip strength.

yes, technique and practice too. not unusual to see a guy that just recently has begun to use hookgrip whining it doesn't work. having worked hook grip from 1pl8 it is not that hard to do 4pl8+ diddlys using hookgrip.

>thumbs far shorter than the average man
>impossible to do hookgrip as thumbs are too short
>have weak grip
>use mixed grip for everything because dont want to use straps until lmao4pl8 diddles
I've tried doing grip strengthening exercises and it didn't really do anything for me besides limit my ability to type and manipulate fine objects

To anyone contemplating using a hook grip, this thread is full of shit. Don't fall for it.

i think the most i ever did overhand was like 350

Anyone else worried about muscle imbalance though? Started doing overhand and hook grip more ever since seeing that Alan Thrall saw some muscle imbalance when he went higher in weights.

But shit dudes my overhand is fucking weak. Legit struggle with 2lmaoplates but can mix 3.

t. Delusional person

If you practice it long enough, it won't be as painful as people claim it is, and you can hook grip much more than you can with a mixed grip...

I understand if you are trying to leatn hook while already lifting at least 2.5x bodyweight , not many people have the luxury of learning it as a novice. It definately eases the transition.