Strength or Aesthetics

which do you lift for and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/03/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

aesthetics

Aesthetics but I’m still fat so it’ll be a while.

Strength is aesthetic.

>wanting to be an obese powerlifter

I'm going for 1/2/3/4 then switching to PPL for aesthetics, dw we'll make it user

aesthetics, but they are the same thing as long as you stay lean

>implying you can't get both

DYEL? It's like you fucks don't even wanna make it

Both plz

What can I do 3 days/week for aesthetics?

concurrent periodization with a heavy medium light set up. basic progressive overload.

theres no rep range or routine that makes you aesthetic. more strength = more muscle, more muscle w/ low bodyfat = more aesthetics.

>be tall thin wide shoulders
>hoist for strength
>become aesthetic

cool

If you're implying the homosexual gogo dancer on the left is more aesthetic than that delicious beefcake strongman alpha on the right then you are dead wrong.

>only options are strenght/aesthetic

Its not really possible to separate the two as a natty.
Aesthetics is just body fat percentage,genetics, and muscle mass. How do you maximize muscle mass? Get strong.

Aesthetics. Unless you're shooting to be the number one strongest man in the world strength is a meme. Aesthetic body is also far more practical for real life. If i go hiking adn a bear comes i can climb a tree or attempt to run away with an aesthetic body. Strength wouks get me eaten. >inb4 you can beat up the bear
Bears have a muscle the size of your ass and head put together on their back. They are pound for pound the strongest animal on earth

you can reach a happy medium but ultimately you can't have full benefit of both

They never met me...

>imblying a punch in the nose from Brian Shaw wont knock out or even a kill a bear

No human can outrun a bear. Your best bet is to look big and make noise to scare it away. Or mace

but if your big and stand your ground/back away slowly, the chances are the bear won't attempt to challenge you. But if you are some 6% body fat lookin stick, even if you're Usain Bolt n half chimp, that bear gonna out run and maul you down 0-100 real quick.

aesthetics.

normies don't give a shit about how strong you are.

> posts meme pic

>obese

Is this supposed to be a joke? Cause he's sexy af

I thought ants were

>implying

No, I don't think he's lying, that physique is not much off what he described, he's probably got good diet so he's at 10-15% body fat

Strength and ductility. It would be interesting to see does it even matter if we take two lifters with same body fat percentage, one training for strength and other for appeal, and see if their looks actually differ.

Both.

This meme is literally 10x better than that 5-7 reps meme for strength and hypertrophy.

I agree it would be cool but when you train for strength you generally don't want to go under 10-15% while aesthetics at Veeky Forums standards would be at something like 6-8%

i'm going UL and same as you when i hit 1/2/3/4 i'll switch to body building.
I need to be geralt.
like i really need to.

>more strength = more muscle
t. never lifted before

Both
>Thus, having the highest possible relative strength should be your primary concern, rather than the greatest absolute strength. This, of course, flies in the face of the conventional online wisdom that "he who lifts the most wins", as anyone who's not a sloppy fucking mass of adipose tissue would be far more impressed with a stupendous lift by a guy with visable musculature than they would with a Louis Cyr lookalike's world-shattering lift. This is why everyone shits their pants about Stan Efferding, Joe Ladnier, and Matt Kroczaleski when there's a new record broken in the squat by a different circus fat man every 45 minutes. This is also the reason why most of you know who 170 lb Bulgarian Olympic Ivan Stoitsov is, and have seen his pic a thousand times, but have no idea who Tatiana Kashirina is, in spite of the fact that she probably clean and jerks what you deadlift.
>If you're wondering why no one knows the name of a fat Russian chick who holds the world record in the clean and press and the snatch (a chick who probably outlifts the vast majority of us on just about everything), don't. Fat people aren't really people- they're placeholders where people should be. No one wants to look at them, strong or not, nor be around them long enough to locate their genitalia and fuck. They look like shit, wheeze when they breathe, and are in mortal danger of stroking out when doing anything other than doing a single repetition on one of their pet exercises or eating. This doesn't change much when a fat guy or girl picks up something heavy- we expect them to be able to do so when the object they're lifting is a fraction of their bodyweight, no matter how heavy that object is. Thus, if really doesn't matter that a fat person is all that strong.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/03/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to.html

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/

>implying you could keep a jawline with right

>t. never lifted before

BAHAHA LMFAO

Yeah.... please explain how a guy pressing 35 pound dumbells can have bigger delts than a guy pressing 95s.

Shitty chest

Lmao this is my goal body, I'm gonna try to get as close as possible natty, dont care if it takes 6 years

equally both

Sure it is

eat bro eat

>haven't done a curl or situp in 2 months

So 2 months ago, he was doing curls and situps, which is how he got this body... he recently switched to primarily compounds and is trying to say that that routine got him that physique, which is simply a lie.
>no legs

> Sure it is

>sub 2pl8 bench
>sub 3pl8 squat
>overhead press not listed
>row not listed

uh what is this meant to prove? this person isn't even a full intermediate lifter yet....

still waiting for an explanation you utter moron

>3xBW deadlift
>1.3xBW bench
>2xBW squat

Strength isn't just raw numbers, it's relative to your body weight.

dude looks objectively good. stop looking at "natty" athletes on grams of gear on instagram.

relative strength doesn't matter if youre not competing or trying to break records

eat more

dude looks like shit, i look better and my lifts are 2/3rds of his.

S O Y B O Y

Aesthetics with strong legs.

> i look better and my lifts are 2/3rds of his.
> 130 bench
> 195 squat
> 270 deadlift

i wish i could be as delusional as you

is right achievable natty?

Yes, look at power lifters. Mostly genetics if you want ideal bear mode looks.

Strength, for low-level civil war and ethnic clashes.

Same here, this is perfection, fuck the twinks.

is a delusional retard. If you think the physique on the right is achievable natty, then you need a quick reality check. He might be fat, but the sheer ammount of the muscle, let alone the delts and the traps are not even close to being natural.

I should clarify with mammal

Bears have evolved to fight bears. Brian shaw punching them is like a puppy nipping to them

You can climb away from a grizzly

Why can't I look good and be strong user?

Bears are also fur covered tanks powered by hate.

t.me
not even flexing negroid

yes obese everyone of them is

The sheer stupidity in this thread is baffling. Do you cunts really think you can't be both strong and aesthetic?

As long as you don't take as an example of aestethics people like fucking Jeff Seif, and as an example of strenght fat slobs like Eddie Hall, who by the way are both roided to the gills, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you can be both.

Sure, you're never gonna have ~6% body fat with delts like cannonballs, and you're never gonna weight 180kg and deadlift 400 either. But you wouldn't be getting to those goals even if you focused exclusively on them.

Training for years with a good diet and good routines, focusing both on strenght training for main compound lifts and bodybuilding style accessories, can and will net you an extremely aesthetic body and huge stats like 2/3/4/5. Thinking otherwise just goes to prove how fucking inexperienced and ignorant most of the people in this thread and board are regarding actuall fitness.

Stay mad and jelly, fat fucks and skelelords

Broad cores are a result of high bodyfat or drug use, not training or strength ability

looks exactly like

this

Aesthetics because most people don't know what proper strength looks like

aesthetics but ive always been extremely weak so ill easily be many times stronger than i have been so ill still be content

kek kay mate

You have a better chest and thats because you're lean. Diet matters mostly

athleticism. because I like to be able to run circles around both of them.

this.

>small lifts
>literal auschwitz look
>"strenght =\= aesthetics"

anything less than 2pl8 squat, 3pl8 diddly, 130lbs bench and 70lbs ohp is beginner level

na nigga, strenght is pretty much objective, if one wants to get strong, one must eat

>pic
for me, this is peak male aesthetic

that's why I always keep my emergency syringe of ragnaroktail #5 on me

>see bear approach
>jab my ass full (no homo) of 2g tren, 700mg halotestin and a lashing of cheque drops
>become a raging titan of devastation
>engage in a cataclysmic struggle to the death with the bear

strength is only weakly correlated to aesthetics

the vast majority of strength comes from optimising CNS recruitment of muscle fibres rather than hypertrophy

check the guy in the pic looking DYEL while cleaning and jerking 220kg (500lb)

forgot my pic

There are weight classes. The majority of lower weight class powerlifter aren't even overweight.

Low bodyweight power lifters lift twice as much as many people with MUCH bigger muscles.

> Low bodyweight power lifters lift twice as much as many people with MUCH bigger muscles.

yes because they use special programming in order to max out properly in competition and retain just enough strength to execute their 1 rep max lifts. they would not be able to handle anything beyond that.

it's called peaking. after a competition they bulk back up immediately.

lol stay delusional.

Aesthetics so I can be one of the few people where everytime they look in the mirror and genuinely be happy with what they see

If I only care about aesthetics what routine should I do?

PPLxPPL

Unironically strength at this point.

It's far more disconcerting to realize that I'm weak than it is to realize I'm unattractive.

I lift for aesthetics but I don't necessarily just bodybuild. I still want function and looks; balance, jump height, flexibility, endurance, PL 1Rms.

Each of my workouts are super scattered and I walk into the gym and do what I feel like that day... Unless I had like a vision the day before of me doing a certain exercises (I think the CNS AND PNS and PENIS can send your conscious mind their urges in the way the gut biome can release neurotransmitters and influence behaviour)

>But you don't progress as fast if you have a eclectic program!!
I'm trying to make slow improvements on everything all at once instead cause it's more fun for my impulsivity (and plateaus)

>it's relative to your body weight
Bullshit, I could kick any ant's ass

>Those quads
what isnt DYEL to you?

can relate bro, I want to hit 1/2/3/4 so bad

This picture is bad
The one on the left has muscles that dont exist and the one on the right looks like he has a disease that makes him absorb water

let's also point out how they have no noses nor mouths while we are at it no?

correct, but a lot of people here won't believe you
guess which won gold

Aesthetics

I look like a natty athlete. So neither.
But ripped with a strong core is aesthetic af and I don't care what you fags say about v taper

judging by your tone I guess left?

seriously though, how the fuck are ants so strong?