Effective Weight Gain

My doctor said I absolutely need to gain weight for medical reasons. Thing is, I've tried 3000kcal daily for a few months before, and barely gained a pound a month.
>read the fucking sticky
Guess what I based my 3000kcal diet off?

>just eat more
I was already pretty full with the 3000 diet, wont really be able to go above 3500kcal/day

>use supplements
I'd prefer not to,I will do it if nothing helps but want to try "natural" weight gain first

Current Stats:
Height: ~183cm / 6'0
Weight: ~68kg / 150lbs

If you can't eat more, then exercise less. Also, add sugary beverages, things like soft drinks have a ton of calories and don't fill you up very much.

>exercise less
Wouldn't that just lead to me gaining fat? I need to gain muscle mass

>add stuff like soft drinks
I don't really like soft drinks and they are unhealthy af, but I might have to bite that bullet I guess

Gonna assume you're referring to GOMAD. That might actually help, but I'll also get terrible acne and wouldnt be able to drink water

Build yourself up to eat more food. You can actually force yourself to get used to eating more. And even if weight gain is only a pound a month, so what? That's 12 pounds a year.

Portion your meals better throughout the day

Why would you need to gain weight when your BMI is just above 20? Not skelly at all

Pound a month with your height sounds about right with 3000kcal/d. Eating more fat (nuts, oil cooked vegitables, dark chocolade, peanut butter) is the easiest way to add calories.

Do you have a condition? 68kg is on the lower side but it's not unhealthy.

I'm not skelly, but still noticably skinny (bodyfat 12%). If you want to know the medical reason, I have to buildup a better muscle structure to correct some severe posture issues.

read my answer above.
Its not because of unhealt

I have the same problem as OP, and I think this may be a factor. Smaller more frequent meals...

step 1) eat even more
step 2) no excuses

>3000 cals
>not gaining weight

I'm 72kg at 6'1 and was gaining on 2700 Cal. Either you are exercising a lot, or you aren't eating any where near 3000 Cal.

Well, if the healthy way doesn't work for you then...

Eat candy or chips for snacks. Combos are really calorically dense and easy to shovel in your maw. Kettle chips, doritos, pick one.

Drink your calories. If not soft drinks then juice, Starbucks bullshit, milkshakes, etc.

Pizza is loaded with cals and easy to overeat. So is Chinese food. Eat shit with auxiliary cals from sauces (Chinese is prime).

Basically just live like I did before I became disgusted with myself.

Could be. In college, it'd be 6 p.m and I'd realize I still have 2000 more calories to go.

I started to bring a cup of almonds with me in class which was like 850ish calories.

you clearly have no desire to gain wait. might as well just give up

There's no fucking way you were eating 3000cal a day for months and dint gain weight. Unless you're running a 5k everyday. We're almost the same I'm 6'1 149lb and I can barely eat 2600without getting fat. You probably THINK you're eating that much, but I doubt it. Track your calories to the T and don't exercise for a while unless it's strength training. Maybe even do 3500.
>GOMAD + SS

>successfully pull off consistent small gains for months and want to improve my methods
>"i have no desire to gain weight"

People have different metabolisms, some people need 10-20% more calories than average to grow. It's normal

I'm pretty active + inherited a small thyroid overfunction from my dad. Did track my calories pretty well through those months

then why are you asking the question if you are consistently gaining weight already

what do you think "improve" means? I want to gain a bit faster

This sounds dumb, you probably don't need hypertrophy for your muscles to be strong enough for good posture. That shits mostly about balanced activation by the nervous system. Do your stretching, core work, and yoga.

I bulk on 3500 at 5'11 160 wyd

Gain muscle nigga. You're welcome

Do people really eat that little food? Also trying to gain weight here, eating 5-6000 calories a day (still tracking just not using mfp), gaining just under half a pound a month.. (15 lbs in 2 years on this diet)..

How can I gain weight faster? Is half a pound a month average (or at least ok) for a 30 yo?

You're tracking wrong, or you're insanely active. I gain a pound a week on 3.5k. Half a pound a month is shit.

you can get like 500 calories with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. rub all your meat with olive oil or butter to add another 300+ calories. drink 2% or whole milk. are you even trying?

>I was already pretty full with the 3000 diet, wont really be able to go above 3500kcal/day

Do not underestimate the difference 500 calories a day will make. That's 3500 a week, which is roughly a pound of fat. A pound a week is about what you want to be gaining anyway.

If you say you can't eat more then you're fucking lying. Stop making excuses and just do it. Why did you even post here? What fucking magic solution did you expect us to give you? Just eat more, you fucking faggot.

I was you once. It's hard but it gets easier. Suck it up, princess.

I work labour 55 hours a week, and bike is my mode of transport, I also have a dog..

I should note that I have cut my protein down to about 150g a day..

Foods I use for bulking..
>nuts, not so much right now
>milk, at least 2l a day
>butter, about a stick per day
>cheescake milkshakes (2c ice cream, 2c milk, half pound of cream cheese, and Graham crackers)
>oil, lots of oil, fry everything
>eggs

Is 100+ grams of saturated fat and 1g of cholesterol daily healthy for this many calories?

And the worst part is that I'm not even tracking 'insignificant' calories like little bits of chocolate and salad, non starchy vegetables, etc. And while I'm weighing everything I round down so I am actually eating more than that =(

> a half litre (quart) of 14% cream with chocolate syrup is 1300 calories, yum

I'd say with what you're currently eating it would be stupid to try to eat any more.

Cut down on your activity for a while. Ditch the bike and take the bus. Take your dog for a short walk to some grassy area and throw a ball until they're tired out. If at all possible, work less.

You can go back to your old routine once you reach your goal weight and just coast on maintenance cals.

then listen to advice, brainlet

>weight gain 4000
>beefcake