What does this book actually cover and is it worth getting?

What does this book actually cover and is it worth getting?

Pirate it and find out, you fucking mutt.

i don't pirate

Make an exception

Squatting is gay. Enjoy looking autistic faggot.

Terrible power clean technique.

t. little weak dainty incel bitch

If it looks promising buy it

Great in depth source for technique for the main lifts, the program itself is reasonably good but there are way better options.
It really is a must read if you plan on lifting seriously.
Practical programming for strength training is very good too.

Covers all kinds of shit.

Terrible power clean if you want to compete in the Oly lifts. Mediocre squat/bench/dead for powerlifting competition, too. Both are more than good enough for general athletic development, though.

What are you gay or something?

Basic barbell training.

The hardcover is like $9 on Mark’s website you fucking poorfag, just buy it

I've read it and it's pretty fucking useless for 99% of people. Its 300 pages of extreme in-depth analysis of how the barbell interacts with your musculature after taking advantage of a moment arm which will balance you and create maximum force for your scapular development blah blah blah. It has a few good tips that I didn't easily find online. But that's what you should do: learn from guides and videos online.

Why does SS omit working out your lats?

>INB4 Rip says do accessories and drink 2 gallons of milk.

legitamately curious why you think the low bar squat is mediocre for powerlifting when nearly everyone lowbar squats for powerlifting nowadays?

t. brainlet

Bought it the other week along with PPFST. Great reads so far, wish I had done this a long time ago. Covers how to perform barbell exercise and how to maximize your potential as a novice lifter

Chinups/pullups are added after 2 months or so, what are you talking about

Enjoy learning about moment arms

only for autists who seek strength gains with disregard to aesthetics
there's some actual advice at the end, rest of it is just bloat

My advice runs totally to the contrary. SS is the only resource that even perfected my form and I owe my slightly under 5 plate squat largely to it.

The form descriptions are excellent and incredibly detailed. Some would rather watch a quick 3 minute video but this is of course babby tier way of learning.

Outside of that, it has some useful info on equipment and accessories.

The SS program itself is a solid entry into weight training generally and is excellent for beginning strength athletes. Apart from this and the Texas method for powerlifting strength phases for squats I'd mostly ignore rippetoes programming however. He is mainly useful for form help, I think the guy has a very good talent for translating the way the body works into exercises.

Sigh

Chins and rows are allowed in the program

At this point people try to shit on rip without having read anything just because, give the poor bastard a chance

the first ~5 pages of each chapter is about how to do the exercise. the rest is about how to fix it if you fuck up. thhe rest of the book is basic programming and diet and equipment. and there's a big section of assistance and alternate lifts.

in closing, you're retarded.

but you spent $20 for a book packed with shit you could of learned from watching a few youtube videos dumbass

YouTube is absolutely not a substitute for 70ish pages on the squat, seriously

You probably just got bored and half assed it. The book is excellent at the whole breakdown of it and isn't just a cringey "hips back bro...knees out bro...there u go man"

I've read it and you underestimate how insightful videos online are. Yeah the book goes really in depth but what it teaches (for example) is the perfect position for your feet, which is really fucking close to what everyone already does. Name one significant thing it teaches that isn't common knowledge.

Milk industry propaganda