What have you found has been the most effective core workout for you? Pls no memes like "squatting works out yr core"

What have you found has been the most effective core workout for you? Pls no memes like "squatting works out yr core".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVMkMvaqk6U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRoeC3WwEaY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpqqKoSdnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rollouts

They do though. Just do squats and keep a low body fat. Abs come natural. Think of the purpose of abs. They keep your spine erect. If you're holding a heavy ass weight up on your spine and have no abs, your spine would break. Simple as that.

shadow boxing has been an excellent alternative for me

Leg lifts and incline situps

And if you really insist on isolating abs, just do planks or weighted planks.

Proper form ab wheel. You’ll know you’re doing bad form when your back gives out.

Suspended ab work, ab wheels, exercises that require strong bracing.

I had a routine I was doing daily for a month or so that seemed to be working well. Non-calisthenic exercises would be helpful for better growth, though.

10 sit-ups, 10 legs-raised sit-ups x10
10 sit ups with twist-punches outwards for oblique inclusion
1-1.5 minute planks x1-3
Side planks 30 seconds x2 each side
10 Leg raises from laying down position (with hold on last rep) x 3

Hope this helps. I started to see major outlines of my abs, but became too busy with school to continue. I would recommend using equipment when possible. Suspended leg raises, v lifts, etc, are great

But squats do build your core/abs

I used to always do direct ab work, sit ups, planks, crunches, fifer scissors etc

High volume/reps/sets etc but I only started to build abs when I squatted more, not super heavy but heavy enough with high volume.

Direct core work strengthens your core and lower back but it doesnt get bigger, I still do 3 sets of 20 reps for fifer scissors, planks and crunchs after a leg workout.

I do prone holds 3 × 70 seconds, in between I superset 10 hanging leg raises. Works well for me, core really coming along now

Cable crunches, back extensions. Why back extensions? Because your lower back is part of your core and if you only work your abs your lower back will suffer.

That's actually why exercises that require bracing (squats, deadlifts, OHP) are great core exercises because they require your entire core to work in concert which helps prevent you from becoming imbalanced strength wise.

literally just do zercher squats

my god those are gruesome, but they tax the CNS so fucking much

>doing a gorillion sets of high rep ab exercises
You are either not doing the exercises correctly or you are just doing meme exercises.

3 sets of 10+ rollouts with proper form will wipe most people out.

I hope this is bait if not read a book

Hip Thrusts
Hanging Leg Raises
Mine Twists
Side Bends
Squat
Deadlift

I used to do this routine so my running form wouldn't be as fucked up. Now that I lift, I just take exercises from that routine and convert them into something that involves weights or other gym equipment. Works really well.

youtube.com/watch?v=AVMkMvaqk6U

Does deadlift hit your abs in a significant way?
Asking for a friend

Hanging leg raises > everything else

Sounds like a great noob gain lift since it'll force your CNS to adapt more.

Front Squats. Focus on bracing your core as much as you can without shitting your organs.

L sits, brah

Yes. Heavy deads and these will do it. It's not a meme and the people that say you have to isolate lift like pussies. End of story.

It's like people who do shrugs instead of deads and cleans.

>Pls no memes like "squatting works out yr core"

Do you even front squat?

You could do both. Especially if you're finding that the growth of a specific muscle isn't coming along as much as you like. Do compounds then do some isolations to target a lagging muscle.

dude i love shadowboxing it scares the fuck out of normies if you have the footwork down//////good hand speed

Leg raises, weighted decline situps and lifting without a belt.

My beltless deadies have brought my core out really well, then my ab work just "shapes" it (I don't want to get all bulky. I just want to tone)

You said pls no memes about squatting training your core etc but it's true.
I'm 6'1 233lb. 7point skinfolds test said 8.9% but 7pointers aren't too accurate so add 5% to that.
Still got abs that stick out past my gut and I don't train abs that much.

Beltless compounds are where it's at

Wat?

I agree, I said I do 3 sets with 20 reps per set

Yeah, 3 sets of 3 different exercises so you're doing nine (9) sets overall, which is completely excessive.

why has no one said sit ups?

hes actually right, deadlifts and ohp too, some olympic lifts would help i believe, currently trying those out

taking really big shits

Are you pretending to be retarded? Rectus abdominis. It's in the fucking name. The purpose is to keep you erect. Without it your core would fall in under the weight of your upper body. Much like legs, abs are constantly working. Squats and any other core exercises unironically work abs. I thought it was a meme too but it's true.

Weighted crunches and box Maltese

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRoeC3WwEaY [Open]

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpqqKoSdnM [Open]

All powerlifters do ab work to keep their spine balanced

I really gotta remember to buy an ab roller soon..

there's a difference between your core and your abdominals. core is for supporting your body. abdominals are strength for bending your body.

if you want strong core do deadlift and skwat

if want abs do isolation like hanging leg raises or ab wheel

I do hanging leg raises and planks.

Cable wood-chops for 3x12-20 on each side, leg raises for 3x10 if hanging and 3x12 if lying w/ weight, and then one-arm medicine balls throws until failure. Shit really works my core, but my my mind/muscle connection with my abs is on point for some reason. More so than any other muscles. I can flex the top 4 abs, the bottom 4, or just 4 on either side independently. I'm working on doing fun shit like flexing the left bottom 2 and top right 2.

>I was saving that cumsicle for myself but th-that's ok, you need your gains m'lady

Toes-to-bar
Dragon flags
Hollow body hold
Ab wheel
Windshield wipers
Stir-the-pot

>why has no one said sit ups?

situps are dogshit

planks, plank variations, the 100s, reverse cruches, cables, palloff press, hanging leg raises are all better.

Hanging leg raises, but go all the way up like wendler recommends and pause a second at the top and bottom to cancel momentum. Ab rollouts are also good but I don't feel as much burn from them. Great to take when traveling however.