/FAST/ CRaPlets CAN'T COMPETE EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

PREVIOUS THREAD What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4tJ7C56vOnxYTVmZjVjY2ItMDk3YS00NDdiLTk2MzctYzMyYTMzZmY3MjJh?hl=en_US
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns
youtube.com/watch?v=4soMn9V2cFA
averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for /fast/ed researching!

I have a good amount of muscle mass, 6 feet 200 lbs

how long do you think it would take to get to 180?

I bet I could do it in 14 days of water fasting

water fast if you need the cut, OMAD might be better if you still want to train and still have strength gainz

Has anyone found any good research articles on fasting aside from that little harvard blog from last week? I'm shriveling up from lack of gained knowledge here

why is it when i go nil by mouth for 13 hours (muslim fast) i can withstand hunger and smoking craving? but when i drink water, i cant stop thinking about food?

if we can get a russian user to go to a state library and check out the fasting archives, we would know

library genesis has tonnes of russian scientific literature, what exactly do you need?

WHY DRINKING WATER WHILE FASTING MAKES ME HUNGRY BUT NOT DRYFAST

>good research articles on fasting
There is no good research on fasting because you can't properly control experiments of human patients

PAGING RUSSIAN user
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4tJ7C56vOnxYTVmZjVjY2ItMDk3YS00NDdiLTk2MzctYzMyYTMzZmY3MjJh?hl=en_US

found a shoddy english translation of Filon's dry fasting research along with the original russian

if russian user can go onto libgen and search for any work on dry fasting or Filon, that'd be appreciated

>OMAD
fuck that. I hold on to muscle really well when I fast may as well just get it done

OMAD is god tier if you're doing keto or carnivore my dude, you also get about a 240% HGH boost at the very least if you workout before the meal

>youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>pecs look like tits in a shirt

The only book or scientific paper from that author I could find is the one already in the google docs. The Cyrillic name of the author is "C.И. Филoнoв"

First night of water fast, can't sleep, as usual. Might as well pop some 2D steroids (watch cgdct anime).

Anyone else have that day 3+ mental clarity?

Who else bulking to prepare for their next fast?

Will vegetable broth fuck me up?

Yeah. You also gain monastic focus at that time, meaning you can suddenly focus on Bible (or any other book) really well, but attempting any strategy game, programming or math fails horribly. It's weird.

best way to fall asleep is to relax best way to learn to relax is meditation

Hey new to keto here
Is it supposed to fuck up your emotions? I've been like a woman on her period for the past week
Legit i've broken down and cried everyday and it was over what might happen 10 years from now.
I also worry about things that dont matter for some reason.

I saw a blog of this fat girl on keto week 3 saying she had the same thing go on, like word for word how i felt but i want to know how common it is

What was your diet like before starting keto? I'm thinking you may have had a serious sugar addiction

yeah i did

At around the first i cut out a lot sugar but had not started keto

I would say 35g was the average

keep in mind i would break this with candy at least once a week

NOT sugar addicted (never enjoyed sweet foods); but keto has always made me super low-energy and depressed.

I'm happy with IF and 16/8, but dropping out the carbs out totally fucks my headspace.

>dropping out the carbs
Makes it really hard to perform in the gym... fuck.

already on day 21, this is easy as fuck

>he eats

Why is Jimmy Moore so successful when he's still so fat?

i want to fast for 20 days+ but around day 3 keto flu hits me hard. i have not yet gotten past it after 3 attempts. any tips for this? in that point of super low energy i cant imagine myself getting better.

do it on a month when u have nothing to do

Does eating pussy break your fast?

why not get fat adapted before the fast?

Allah wills it

what about mudslime?

your kidneys need their fuel

My mouth tastes like death, does that mean i'm in ketosis?

Means you're detoxing. Ketosis is a kind of sweet taste on the tongue.

That's a reassuring idea for an alcohol that's getting his shit together desu.

Who here makes bone broth? How does that not have protein in it?

Been doing IF OMAD since Monday.

I bought some Matcha (green tea powder) can I drink this during fast, or will it fuck my fast up?

One gram of it has 3 calories.

You're fine m8, go for it
Coffee is more god tier if you want more autophagy though

I hear it's good for breaking a fast with but drinking it regularly has like 30x times more impact on possible kidney stone formation than drinking 6 cups of black tea a day allegedly

Will (((they))) get Jimmy Moore before he shows all his fans the power of fasting?

Thanks brother. Been drinking straight black coffee, but it's getting boring. Good to know I at least have another option though.

Hey everyone, first time on this board. I'm an intermediate faster and can go 24 hours without food provided that meal is within 3-4 hours of bedtime

I can hold this up for 3, 4 days then i inevitably feast. Today i ate a fuckton of rice, chicken and spring rolls. And a bunch of doughnuts.

What is the right pattern for feast/fast, because i know i can do it, just not executing it properly.

I don't recommend anybody has a nasty feast day unless they already have solid adherence to the diet plan and also get a ton of quality exercise. If you do HAVE to do it, Tim Ferris' slow carb style, just be careful and AVOID anything with 1)a lot of refined sugars or 2)fried in seed oils (donuts are the worst of both worlds)

I'm a full-time student with a part-time job, friend. There isnt much room for exercise in my day (though if i had, i cant be bothered enough to do it). I only need to shed like 10 pounds my dude, belly is bothering me a bit. You telling me fasting alone cant do that?

It's usually just a feast meal tho, i still only eat once a day but just voraciously

Does your part time job involve a lot of walking or cleaning? That can help you gain fitness brownie points
Even then, It still stands, try to feast in the cleanest way possible with as little refined sugar and seed oils as you can get

also is there any way for you to move your one meal further away from when you go to sleep? The closer to one's sleep time one eats, the more insulin and glucose gets dumped into the bloodstream, it's really suboptimal

Was told to come here. Gonna repost

Am i doing good so far for a fattie?
>20, 5'8", male, 240.3Ibs, around 34% body fat this morning. I was 255.7 October 4th
>periods of my life where I lifted, but got bored and lazy
>haven't lifted in the past 3 years
>CICO, eating 1600 calories a day
>just eating whatever fits in it

I know its not major progress like you guys, 15 pounds is probably nothing, but at least I'm managing for a bit. I want to start lifting, but some people said that I need to wait until I have fully cut, and others have said i should lift as I cut to maintain muscle. Another group says that I'm doing it all wrong and will end up with loose skin, and of course, the other group has said that they are faggots and are lying.

I dont know who to believe and what to do, so i figured I'd ask the pros here and learn from you guys. What should I do?

I was thinking about fasting, but im afraid. I work in construction which means it's physically demanding. Will I pass out? Also, is weight loss the same as dropping body fat? I do not want lose skin if the weight drops as rapidly as people claim

It's fast food. Actually i get free food so snacking really is what gets me belly flab, bc it's usually the only meal i get in a day since I sleep asap when I get home.

Ah, i never knew that. I like eating before bed bc the only time hunger bothers me is when im in bed. When it happens i just chug a ton of water, but it doesnt help much. How does one sleep on an empty belly?

I'm the same way user.
The only time I'm really hungry is late in the evening, so that's when I eat.

It's not optimal but it's certainly better than nothing!

I have been having three 36 hour fasts per week for two weeks, thats six for those playing along at home. I have seen a decrease in waiste size, lost some kg. But what realky getsvme is the increase in ball size, who else notices larger nuts when fasting?

>tfw fasting for over a week and coworkers say they can't work because they haven't eaten in almost 6 whole hours

I TRY TO RED PILL OLDER PEOPLE ON THE POWER OF FASTING

THEY ARE TOO FUCKING INDOCTRINATED BY THE GOD DAMN FOOD INDUSTRY

I FEEL LIKE WE ARE FIGHTING A FUCKING LOSING BATTLE HERE

Hey guys. Care to give some advice? As of now, I'm obese/overweight/whatever (~95kg 1,80m), my body fat % must be like 35%, but this is just a guess.

I want to lose fat while NOT LOSING muscle, what kind of fasts are good for this, or, how would I need to go about it with fasting?

Also I want to have as little loose skin as possible, if any. Will fast give me loose skin?

Your energy levels in the beginning will depend on whether you're keto adapted or not. If not, you need to expirement with some OMAD on the weekends for about 2-3 weekends, then carry it into your normal work schedule.
I know I felt like shit doing even 16:8 the first couple times but I got used to it real quick and the lack of hunger surprised me the first time I did straight OMAD.
After a week of OMAD you'll probably be fully adjust and make good weight loss and strength gains provided you FUCKING EAT RIGHT and you'll even be surprised at your own energy levels once you get those good epinepherine and norepi levels up

godspeed

All fasting is good for preserving muscle, all fasting is good for reducing excess skin, read the damn OP

Whenever I try to explain fasting to people I just get that flouride stare

Surely your body fat is lower than that.
I'm 190cm and 145kg and my bf is 35%

I'M NOT DOWNLOADING THAT SHIT
AND I CAN'T FUCKING INTO RUSSIAN

Dude I have manboobs and flabs of fat all around my torso I can grab 'em. I'd say I'm pretty fat.

>190
jelly

Is 1,80m manlet?

THE FUCKING PROBLEM IS I PROBABLY COME OFF LIKE A FUCKING VEGAN PUSHING A RETARDED AGENDA

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO HAVE SHIT SHOVED UP THERE ASSES.

I THINK THE BEST WAY IS TO PROBABLY TRY TO SELL FASTING ROUTINES TO PEOPLE OR SOMETHING

BEEN LIKE BRAIN STORMING WAYS TO GET MONEY SIMPLY BECAUSE HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY DICTATES THAT PEOPLE VALUE THINGS MORE THEY PAY FOR THEN SOMETHING THEY GET FOR FREE

HOW DO I SELL THIS SHIT ANY IDEAS ?

Not really? I think that's the average here in Sweden.
At least you don't have 50kg to lose, user.

I was way fatter before, like 105kg, have faith user.

>average in sweden
>tfw spain
>vikingmode as a possibility

youtube.com/watch?v=4soMn9V2cFA

ANYONE BUY THIS SHIT? I KNOW SOME RICH FAGGOT BROWSES THIS BITCH WITH MONEY TO BLOW ON WHATEVER. SOMEONE JUST TEST IT OUT FOR ME BECAUSE I AM A POVERTY FAG

>PHYSIOLOGY
*PSYCHOLOGY

FUCKING SPELL CHECK

Nah yeah, a few months of fasting and it'll be gone. Lost like 25kg a year ago easy as hell, but then I started smoking weed and binge eating again and gained it all back.

averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country 2cm above average in spain, alpha as fuck man.

>smoking weed

WHEN I WAS IN JAIL FOR TWO MONTHS I FUCKING MET A BUNCH OF METH ADDICTS THAT WOULD EAT LIKE A MEAL A MONTH

THAT SEEMS LIKE THE DRUG FOR FASTING ONLY PROBLEM IS ITS FUCKING METH

SO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT OR ANY DRUGS

Good recommendation, avocado user.

DON'T DO METH IT MADE THOSE FUCKING PEOPLE CRAZY FROM SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND OTHER SHIT CONNECTED TO THE FUCKING CHEMICALS IN METH.

I AM JUST SAYING THOSE PEOPLE CAN GO MONTHS WITH OUT EATING AND THEY WERE STILL ALIVE. SO YEAH

IT WAS KIND OF LIKE PROOF TO ME IN REAL LIFE THAT YOU REALLY CAN LIVE LONG PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT EATING.

You can drink all kinds of teas.
I drink sencha, genmaicha, gyokuro, yunnan gold, oolong and even herbal infusions(though I avoid sweeter teas because they may have an insuline response).

There is more variety in teas than in sodas. Just avoid that bagged shit and get some lose leaves.

>drinking phytoestrogens
Good brah, you're gonna make it.

First of all the body doesn't want to use muscles for fuel, that's just plain stupid.

A lack of exercise is what makes you lose muscle, regardless of how little or much you eat.

>>CICO, eating 1600 calories a day
>>just eating whatever fits in it
>>CICO

CICO

STOP, THIS SHIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW THE INTERNAL USELESS MEME DIET

Hi, I'm kinda new to this board. I've started lifting a month ago. I've been feeling light headed and a bit sick whenever I skipped lunch before exercising. Is this normal? Would this still happen deep into a fast?

fasting is literally cico

Only if you're not used to fasting

either jump into keto or start toying with OMAD on the weekends to acclimate to it.
You'll be doing fasted full strength and HIIT follow up workouts soon brah

Watch the op video and then go buy some duct tape to stop that mouth breathing

>fasting is literally cico

ITS NOT, IT IS JUST FUCKING NOT REEEE

I'm bulking atm while doing a 20:4 IF. Will my gains go away if I fast 48h on the weekends?

>day 1 eat until full
>day 2 BMR caloric deficit; 0 calorie intake
>day 3 eat until full
>not CICO

If you're still eating regularly your body lowers the CO part.

With fasting the opposite happens.

Not if you exercise.

NIGGER, YOU CAN EAT A CALORIE SURPLUS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT

WHAT MATTERS FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND AFTER WATCHING 500 HOURS OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS THIS SHOULD MAKE ME A PROFESSIONAL

IS THAT THE ENERGY UPTAKE OF THE CELL IS THE ONLY THING FUCKING RELEVANT TO WHAT YOUR BODY COMPOSITION IS GOING TO BE

KEEP TRACK OF YOUR CALORIES SURE IF YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING TO MEASURE LIKE TO MONITOR YOUR SHIT BECAUSE YOU ARE LIKE SOME PERFECTIONIST FUCKING JEW

BUT IF YOUR CELLS ARE IN A HIGH ENERGY UPTAKE STATE THEN YOU CAN DUMP A FUCK LOAD OF CALORIES IN THOSE LITTLE BITCHES AND THEY WILL USE THE FOOD BETTER

THIS IS ACHIEVED WITH FASTING BETTER THEN ALMOST ANY OTHER METHOD.

WHY BECAUSE YOUR FUCKING RETARDED FAT BODY WAS DESIGNED TO GO ON FOOD SHORTAGES

BECAUSE MOTHER NATURE FUCKING HATES YOU AND CONSTANTLY TRIES TO KILL YOU

Are tons of push-ups/pull-ups enough? I won't have access to a gym those days.

Shut up retard. God damn.

AD HOMINEM

BEING RETARDED DOES NOT MAKE ME WRONG

Everything but water will trigger you stomach production of acid and hormones. It's just dumb and makes it 10x harder.

60h in, feeling like shit. At least the brain fog is gone.

A single weekend fast shouldn't be much of a problem regardless.

Your body doesn't want to burn its muscles for food. That's just a stupid idea.

Muscle loss is controlled by exercise. If you stop exercising you'll lose muscles. Even if you eat regularly and a surplus.

Gotcha, I'll see how it goes. Thank you.

What is with all the random new people from other boards/type like normies and the resurgence of avacado man in this thread

>Muscle loss is controlled by exercise.

I DON'T THINK THIS IS ACCURATE BUDDY, I KNOW YOU FUCKING PEOPLE HATE MY SMUG ASS CAPS LOCKS

BUT WHAT ACTUALLY PRESERVES MUSCLE MASS IS KETONE PRODUCTION

IF EXERCISE DRIVES YOU INTO KETOSIS FASTER THEN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY PRESERVE MORE MUSCLE

ATKINS WAS FUCKING WITH SHIT CALLED A FAT FAST, THEN LONGO STOLE THE SHIT AND WENT VEGAN FAT FASTING AKA FUCKING AVOCADOS, COCONUT OIL, MCTS. IN A CALORICALLY RESTRICTED MANNER AT THE BEGGING OF A LONG FAST. BUT PEOPLE ARE TOO RETARDED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE WHOLE DAMN POINT OF ADDING A SLIGHT AMOUNT OF FAT INTO YOUR BODY WHILE GOING INTO A FAST WAS A QUICKER APPROACH TO TURN YOUR BODY OVER TO UTILIZING FAT FOR FUEL DRIVING YOU INTO KETOSIS IN ATKINS DAYS

THE QUICKER YOU GET INTO KETOSIS THE MORE MUSCLE SPEARING YOU GET CONSIDERING YOU HAVE ENOUGH FFA(FREE FATY ACIDS) FLOATING AROUND IN YOUR RETARDED SPASTIC BODY

THIS IS WHY I SAY EAT A FUCKING AVOCADO

how do I break a water fast?

1 month of daily 24 hour fasts, eating once in the morning.

I have no appetite anymore, its greatly reduced and i have to kind of put an effort to eat my single meal, which is around 1700 calories.
It sometimes takes an hour to eat it. Otherwise i feel great and everything else is good.

Anybody else like this?

I'm conversational in Russian and have some Russian medical textbooks, can someone link me the shit they need translated?

MAKE SURE TO CALL HIM COMMIE SCUM

Some personality types are more susceptible than others, quit drinking caffeine.

I find lifts numbers are about the same but volume capacity goes to shit. I go from 5x5 across to shit like 5/4/4 or 5/4/3/3.

Fasting is probably the last hope to save my mom from metabolic syndrome, shes too much of a normie to even get past "wont I be hungry". Her only excuse for why nothing would work for her when I've lost 150lbs in front of her eyes is your a lot younger than me.