Nearing the end of my chosen beginner program- what next??

i am nearing the end of my 12 week program. it's strong curves, designed specifically for women. aims for progressive overload and i can probably just stick with this for another long while, but i'm wondering if there's something better. my squats still suck. max is 120lbs and it was a fucking struggle getting it that high. i changed my B day to do squats before the heavy glute lifts hoping that would help me squat better but so far it hasn't really. anyway this is what i was doing:

A (Friday)
A1: Glutes
A2: Pull ups 3x F
B1: Barbell zercher squat 5x 5
B2: Barbell military press 3x 5
Deadlift 3x 5
Banded hip abduction walk 2x 10
Stomach vacuums 1x 10
Landmines 1x 10

B (Sunday)
B1: Barbell squat 3x 5
B2: Barbell floor press 3x 5
A2: Barbell bent-over row 3x 6-12
Kettlebell swings 3x 20
Ab wheel 1x 8-20
Landmines 1x 10

C (Tuesday)
A2: Chin ups 3x F
B1: Volume squats 3x12
B2: Barbell floor press 3x 5/Barbell military press 3x 5 ALTERNATING
Barbell good morning 3x 8-12
Stomach vacuums x10
Landmines 1x 10

The A1 exercises changed every 4 weeks:
Weeks 1-4
A 3x20 barbell hip thrust
B 3x 20 Bodyweight shoulder elevated single-leg hip thrust
C 3x20 Barbell glute bridge

Weeks 5-8
A 3x 3-8 barbell hip thrust HEAVY REPS
B 3x 20 Bodyweight single-leg hip thrust (shoulders and foot elevated)
C 3x 30-60 seconds Barbell hip thrust (isohold method)

Weeks 9-12
A 3x 10 barbell hip thrust (rest pause method- 6 in a row, then 1, then 1, then 1, then 1)
B 3x 20-30 Barbell hip thrust (constant tension method) NO STOPPING
C 3x 5 American hip thrust HEAVY REPS

oh it's saying it's too long hang on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WGRhaFx1Zpw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4VaKByCpk
youtube.com/watch?v=domR-DLjsrc
youtube.com/watch?v=gBDELesMcAo
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5kDgOHTRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm trans with a shoulder injury and paranoid about arms getting big so press hasn't gone above 45lbs. floor presses stayed at 65lbs. other mains lifts:

squat max 120lbs 3x5
deadlift max 190lbs 3x5
hip thrust max 235lbs 3x8
pull ups (bodyweight) 4 reps x3
chin ups (bodyweight) 7 reps x3

goals are bigger butt/legs, stronger everything, fat loss
5'6" 130lbs atm. 140 at my biggest, 119 at smallest. currently cutting because i was tired of being fat.

any advice?

Progress pics?

there's no progress to see. i got fatter because my diet got out of control for a while there, and my legs feel denser and less flabby. but they're still small. my butt did get bigger, but there was no butt to start with. so i got some butt gains but i only went from zero butt to some butt.

Your form is probably shit or you’re being too much of a pussy to exert the necessary effort to progress. Don’t be afraid to grunt and breathe heavy. Tired of you bitch ass novices trying to be all quiet and respectful and shit. Go watch dan green squat. His head turns into a grapefruit with every rep. You need to exert yourself harder

i mean yeah probably.

but do you think i should keep with strong curves and cycle through the 12 weeks again, or move on to something else?

Plz let me love you.
Also I would like for you to do this routine for now until your shoulder heals:

Workout A
squats 3x6
hip thrusts 3x6
chin ups 3x6

Workout B
squats 3x6
deadlifts 1x5
chin ups: 3x6

All sets are done @ 70% of your 1RM.
Add 5-10 lbs to the bar every 1-2 weeks.
For chin ups just try to to do 1 more rep every 1-2 weeks (It doesn't have to be for all 3 sets).
Remember to get your good girl beauty sleep so your hormones are balanced and your skin stays clear and soft.
If you are grinding in your reps then deload the weight by 10-15% and start again.

IDK man. Follow your heart

lol you can love me if you want :)

since getting my diet in check and eating cleanly my skin has become basically perfect again. i have an extensive skincare routine...

also my shoulder is healed, but will never be the same again. there are a bunch of anchor pins in my humerus to keep things attached there. it's just how i am now :P

why such a simple routine? would this really be much different than what i have been doing? or just easier...

Honestly no clue on how to help you. Are you a guy? girl? I mean you didnt even state your goals, how do we suggest a program? goal body pic? desired body fat %? lifting for looks or strength? Like come on op...

i answered most of this?

i'm a transgirl, on hrt for years now. goals as i said before are bigger butt/legs, stronger everything, fat loss. goal body pic uhhhh lemme see i'll find one. okay pic related.

desired bf% is less than what i have now lol. lifting for looks mostly but also some strength to prevent injuries at work (i have to lift people sometimes)

>bigger butt/legs, stronger everything, fat loss
these are not goals, this is just what girls in general want, it's like me saying I want to become fit.

Good Goal:
>I want to squat x1.5 my body weight for my 5RM
>I want to run 1 mile in 6 minutes
>I am currently 18% body fat, I want to lose to 10-15% so I maintain thin looks without showing too much muscle

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder ouchies....
The program is def easier. It strips away all the upper body pressing stuff but keeps the curve building stuff. I just don't want your lil shoulders to hurt. Feel free to change it.
*Head pats

>”hey post goal body op”
>posts an anime girl with fucking angel wings

God fucking dammit. Why are you like this?

Ball pics or gtfo

>transgirl
so male -> female

If you want thicc legs you might want to hit x1.5-x2 body weight for squats and DL

If you want to just stay skinny, do cardio

well okay. i definitely want to squat more. that's what has me concerned right now. all my other lower body lifts have gone up consistently, particularly hip thrusts. but i keep getting stuck with my squats :(

1.5x bodyweight sounds good. that would be like... wow more than i can deadlift now. i'd feel super strong if i could squat 200lbs.

i don't have any cardio specific goals. don't run or anything. when i do cardio it's the stair stepper at gym, unless running around at work counts. i do want to do more of the yoga classes at the gym. that should be a goal i guess. idk about bf%. when i had it tested with the cheap equipment at gym i was already down to 17%. what i'm doing now is cutting until i look good but not anorexic. then i want to do a clean bulk back up to 130lbs. then just do that forever, cut down to whatever weight i look not quite anorexic at then bulk back to 130.

change it how though? do i not need all the stuff i've been doing?

i definitely want thick legs!

how to find qt passable trap gf?

I would say yes. It's kinda too much. Just do squats, deads, hip thrusts, and maybe lunges if you want a bigger booty and thicc legs.

Just focus on slowly getting stronger in the above exercises and your butt and curves will grow. 3x5 or 3x6 at 70%-75% 2-3 days a week is perfect.

Also I wrote this song for you (Just kidding).
youtube.com/watch?v=WGRhaFx1Zpw

wow this is crazy good music. i like songs too!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4VaKByCpk

bret contreras even said that he prefers a simple program for most women, because it takes up less time. his simplified version follows this template:

glute dominant exercise 2-4 sets of 5-20 reps
quad dominant exercise 2-4 sets of 5-20 reps
hip dominant, straight-leg hip dominant, or hamstring dominant exercise 2-4 sets of 5-20 reps
glute accessory exercise 1-2 sets of 10-30 reps

so maybe i should do this and add in chin ups? why did you not include pull ups in your advice before? are abs really not important at all?

I added your song to my playlist.

Chances are your abs will get worked well enough from all the other exercises, but ya that bret contreras routine looks pretty gud.
So you gonna add me on discord or what?
avocado#1287

Because mentally ill?

idk do yoga
any workouts you do with like real heavy weight will cause test boosts so you'll build muscle like a man
just focus on being lean, cardio and maybe light body weight
>ask Veeky Forums thinspo or something

with what i've got now that would look like...

A (Friday)
3x3-8 barbell hip thrust
Barbell zercher squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5 (80%; 90%; 100%)
Banded hip abduction walk 2x10

B (Sunday)
Barbell squat 3x5
3x 20 Bodyweight single-leg hip thrust (shoulders and foot elevated)
Kettlebell swings 3x20

C (Tuesday)
A1: 3x 30 seconds Barbell hip thrust (isohold method)
Volume squats 3x12
Good mornings 3x8-12

which seems a little light. should i really completely eliminate upper body things? it was seeming like a LOT before. maybe a compromise...

let's see.

also i don't play discord anymore lol

youtube.com/watch?v=domR-DLjsrc

okay here's what i came up with.

A (Friday)
A1: Glutes exercise 3x
A2: Pull ups 3xF
B1: Barbell zercher squat 3x5
B2: Press 2x5
Deadlift 3x5 (80%; 90%; 100%)
Stomach vacuums 1x10

B (Sunday)
A1: Barbell squat 3x5
A2: Barbell bent-over row 3x6-12
B1: Glutes exercise 3x
B2: Floor press 2x5
Kettlebell swings 3x20
Stomach vacuums 1x10

C (Tuesday)
A1: Glutes exercise 3x
A2: Chin ups 3xF
Volume squats 3x12
Kettlebell swings 3x20
Landmines 1x10

this cuts ab work in half from what i have been doing, and eliminates one set of presses on A and B days. eliminates presses entirely on C days (i'm always exhausted after work on tuesdays). keeps all the pulls. not all that different, but it should save me a little bit of time. and i don't want to be a completely weak bitch from the waist up lol.

so i'll do this! it's like a hybrid between the full strong curves and the lower body only. actually all i really did was remove a set of presses and a set of abs each day lol. ugh idk what i'm doing really.

Quit doing upper body now. Just do the butt workouts. Hip bridges, hip thrusts, single leg deadlift.

Your upper body should stay lean and scrawny otherwise you become to manly.

i've been working arms lightly for months. there's like no change. estrogen seems to make it super hard to gain muscle anywhere lol :(

i removed one of the pull sets each day too. so that's 3 fewer sets on A and B days, and 5 fewer on C days. reduced things by a little. maybe this will help some with time i guess. idk how i really feel about any of this but it seems okay to reduce the work by that much anyway

also look into macro ratios and definitely cardio since you are cutting

The goal of cardio is to improve overall endurance and stamina, so look into running and sprinting

Examples:

High intensity interval running (20mins)
Different speed for each minute.
>4/4/6/6/7/8/9/6/7/8/9/6/7/8/9/6/7/8/9/10 mph
since you never ran before you might want to get started with couch to 5k (with Emi, if your a weeb), just google it

Sprinting (100m/400m/1000m)
>keep time record of PR for each distance
>attempt to break PR each week
benefits of sprinting is pure ass gains. Glutes are what give our bodies explosive power in sprinting. Sprinting gives tight ass/toned legs.

Cardio is essential to getting that lean look.

>>.43521855
Looks gud!
youtube.com/watch?v=gBDELesMcAo

jerry please stick to the /fraud/ thread

can i not just stick to stairs for cardio? my default has always been super skinny. or skinnyfat when i eat too much.

pic is me back when i was sedentary lol

i just removed all the presses. they seemed to work the same muscles as the pulls, plus chest i guess. and i don't need a bigger chest :P

more great music! we really have similar tastes :)

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5kDgOHTRY

i thought the pic was more censored than it was lol sorry

Repost?

if you're cutting and on estrogen don't expect to make tons of progress. stalling on squats that low probably means bad form or not eating enough. don't worry about programming so much, you're still in newbie phase, just focus on doing the movements right. deload if you have to and work back up focusing on form. this is a thing that tripped me up too, I made it to 170 squat 5x5 and started stalling, but it was really just I was super inconsistent with how I was doing the movement. so I took it down and paid attention to doing it right and am working my way back up (also my number is lower than it could be because I squat somewhere between "below parallel" and atg since I'm planning on doing oly lifts eventually)

also I would say not to do less upper body because you're worried about hypothetical future proportions, do less if you find yourself actually moving toward undesirable proportions. you're not going to suddenly wake up one day with man arms out of nowhere, that doesn't even happen to men, and they have testosterone working for them

(fwiw I'm the tranny who posted about muscle recruitment and stuff in one of your older threads)

okay.

oh, neat! yeah you were always really nice to me. think you posted in like two of my threads.

more than anything i want to do less work overall because i just don't have the time for all of this. work, school, cooking healthy foods, cleaning. does not leave much time for like anything else :(

strong and lean arms would be nice but so would sleep and study time.

any advice for paying attention to the movements? or anything else really. i feel like i'm getting better at squats slowly. i learned to brace my core which helped.

Machines other than the treadmill imo is much more inefficient, so you are wasting time and not getting results. Treadmill and acutal running is the most difficult for beginners, so they cheat on machines like the bike and row-boat machines.

Truth: Actual running>Treadmill>other cardio

>bad form or not eating enough. don't worry about programming so much, you're still in newbie phase, just focus on doing the movements right
>deload if you have to and work back up focusing on form
you should listen to your fellow tranny.

>that pic
Dude...

It's not to late to go back.

Looking bretty good imo
Would take out on date and hold hands with. Maybe make my new gym buddy.
No homo

>censoring male nipples
Lol

>broad shoulders
>narrow hips
damn you got bad genetic roll for a trans, feelsbadman

hate to say but you won't get that hourglass figure if that's what you are going for. Like shiet my ass is bigger than yours lmao.

inefficient how? an hour of stairs kills my legs and i even get like glute/legs pump from it. guess maybe i'd get more with a treadmill. it's worth a try! :)

back to what

:)

no i got a good genetic roll for transgirl. 5'6", fem voice/face. ribcage is a little big but you can't win at everything :)

life is good!

point is to stay off machines, they make exercises easier. If you want to climb stairs, go climb actual stairs. If you want to run, go actually run on a track. Treadmill is significantly easier than running outside but it's the least shittiest machine for cardio, everything else is a meme.

does it really make that much of a difference?

it's hard to say what things to focus on because it depends what you may be doing wrong, but the basics are just... bar should move in a clean straight line over midfoot, don't lean forward, core brace, control the descent (this was a huge problem for me, I'd like let gravity drop me and like try to catch it at the bottom without even thinking about it--I eventually ended up setting the safeties to where I'd smash into them if I got sloppy so as to serve as a cue), take advantage of the bounce. I'm like four or five months into lifting and still often finding things to improve. just get really obsessive about understanding what "good form" is and try to notice aberrations in your own

just go outside and jog medium speed around the block and see how long you can go without stopping. Then go on treadmill and find a similar speed and see how much easier it is. I can run 30mins nonstop at 7.5mph on a treadmill but I still run out of breath running outside

Post more pics... no homo tho