Going to a gym for the first time soon...

Going to a gym for the first time soon. What should know in terms of common courtesy and any other things i should know to do/not do when im there?

Don’t do what I did user

>be 20yo with tinytrip body but 5’10” king of manlets
>pulling lmao3pl8 on squat because scaling to 5 after a week off
>always listen to girly pop or girly weeb shit
>today I felt like listening to nadeko’s intro
>go deeper than usual
>cables get tangled with my shorts
>phone unplugs
>”fuwa fuwari fuwa fuwaru” blasting off like angel’s trumpets during the apocalypse
>people next to me staring
>saw a girl laughing
>auschwitz lanket being me smirking
>mfw

I will have to go either opening or closing hours now

Manlet weebs will hang on the day of the skipping rope.

Just remember to rerack weights.

>he doesn't play his music over the gym speakers for everyone to enjoy

I reracked your mum

holy shit

Should've just finished your set.

rerack your shit, don't throw anything, if you use a machine wipe it down with a towel afterwards.

This

Also, don't carelessly use a machine that has a towel on it. If so, always ask if someone is still using the machine and in how many sets they'll be done.

Also don't overdo it on weights. Nothing more shamefull than only being able to do a few repetitions when you're supposed to do 8-12 reps.

Also posture > weights. You're training your muscle, not your ego.

Always tip the gym receptionist

>Don't lift the heaviest things you can on the first, second or third day
>Stretch/warm-up
>Ask for a spotter if you've never done bench
>Use deodorant
>Use machines if you don't know how to use free weights(inb4 Veeky Forums goes apeshit)
>Wear nothing with metal or denim
>Avoid tripping over the manlet pit
>Always tip the gym receptionist

Lift as heavy as you can. If some bro asks you to blow him in the locker room, then you better fucking swallow that shit. It's extra test.

If I've learned anything theses last 4 months on my fitness journey kek, it's that you will make awkward eye contact with the same person every time.

It just happens. Someone will always be staring.

>*stares at your post*

Rerack your shit

Don't ego lift, it's how my friend permanently fucked up his back by squatting 225 on his first day when we all told him fucking not to

Don't be afraid to ask someone who looks like they know what they're doing for a spot on something like the bench if you're unsure of your last few sets

What kind of garbage to you listen to your music on that it doesn't automatically pause what you were listening to when the head phones come out?

>Feeling shame over listening to girly weeb shit

Never gonna make it

>shoes under the bed
>shoes in the bedroom

This.

So cringe to watch people just leave.

It was a Facebook video, for some reason it didn’t pause. I have a norm(i)Phone

make sure to wipe down the weights after you use them

That's honestly cute as heck user, but I'm just a huge fig newton

Are you the dude who gets a hardon when people display honesty about their insecurities?

help me Veeky Forums i have a dilemma

>see her all the time
>talk to her all the time
>very sure she likes me because she spergs out around me sometimes
>very sure I like her
>I'm (probably) not too autistic to ask her out
>leaving state to join the army in a year
What if the relationship goes well?
I'd be permanently living 1000km away, and she's going to uni here so it's not like she could or would move with me
What do?

You can still be happy for a year. That’s more than I’ll ever get so I say go for it

long distance relationships do not work, you will get cucked

Rerack your fucking weights

Unless you're a big guy and you surpassed 2/3/4 then you can leave your big fucking weight for the next DYEL to unrack because you've made it

Source: deadlift 495 and leave it when Im done to mark my territory as a level 99 alpha male

Don't forget to tip the receptionist. I didn't know at first and somehow my gym card kept getting declined until I figured it out when I saw someone else tip.

Why not bang her for a year?

Anyone know where I can get a blanket like that?

;:^) wanna tell me what's making you feel so uncomfortable, user? I'll wait until after to jerk it, if you'd like, just kidding, I'll do it now.

STOP PRETENDING TO BE ME

Idunno, maybe. I don't necessarily get "hard" I just think the purity of being able to be honest and vulnerable about "quirky" things about you is really cute and sweet. I pictured a cute guy getting embarrassed about others finding out about him listening to a cute song in the gym. I probably would've complimented him or something if I was there to make it feel less awkward. Is it bad to feel that way? I don't want to be a bad person.

Oh and by cute guy I don't necessarily mean attractive, I just think soft spots on men are cute to put it simply.

Make sure to tip the receptionist on the way out.

But real talk re rack the weights when ur done using them and dont just take 4 pairs of dumbells and leave all the fuxking dumbells on the floor.

Maybe wipe down the machines or bench after using it too.

are you me?
i was at 4.5pl8 diddy BLASTING ClariS - Irony today. im such a hopeless loser.

This might just be an American thing, clap when you finish a set or see someone else finish a set. If you see someone fail a set, it's polite to join the gym jester in jeering and laughing.

Don't use the gym glory hole on the twink's day off.

If you see a jacked manlet that has escaped the pit, DO NOT try to restrain him yourself. Instead, call gym security and stay clear of the manlet until they arrive. A manlet may look and sound small, but they can still be very dangerous. If one comes after you, leave dumbbells behind you to block his path.