Are protein bars the same as the powdered whey that you drink? They're made from whey protein right?

Are protein bars the same as the powdered whey that you drink? They're made from whey protein right?

I'd rather eat a protein bar than drink a protein shake any day, even if they're more expensive.

Those bars are good. Hidden benefit is like 15 grams of fiber

Protein is protein. It's just food, whether it's a bar, a shake, or a chicken breast.

You are correct, the main difference between bars and shakes is the cost. Shakes are very cost effective, and bars are very NOT cost effective.

yea they're also only about $1 per bar which is fantastic

Yeah they're fine, just check them because some brands put a lot of sugar in them (if you're watching that).

From a protein standpoint there's no difference but there are a lot of fillers in some of the cheaper bars and the sugar and carb content is usually higher than the shakes as well.

>eating a disgusting protein bar that has the same taste and texture as dirt
>not drinking a delicious gains shake of milk, Greek yogurt, protein powder and your fruit of choice

>tfw there now 1.50 at the store i bought them in bulks

I thought a box of 6 was like $6.97 or something but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I can't even check the prices on the Walmart website because the prices there are completely fucked. No way is a 6 pack of them $16-$20 like it says

I like the protein bars sweetened with erythritol for that reason, taste just as good to me but fit better with my macros.

>pure protein
>40% protein

is soy

I just went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got 2 packs of 12 bars for $14 each. A pack of 6 bars was around $8 I think

Careful with that brand user. Former /fat/ here. Used them as meal substitute bars during my cut. Fixed calorie count, okayish protein thouht I was doing good. They're sweetened with sugar alcohols - i ended up with the nastiest yellow liquid shits ever after doing 2 of them in one day.

....on second thought, I did lose some weight doing that in the strictest sense of the word. Go ham user!

I want to eat these but I can't fucking stand the taste of chocolate and they don't even make a flavor that isn't chocolate

This shit is fucking good

Yeah they do. Peanuts, brah.

Also, yogurt.

I liked them too until I figured out it was the erythritol giving me the shits lol.

Protein bar is just a candy bar with protein
>sugar

>pure protein
>not based costco bars
It's like you don't want JAW GAINS along with your regular gains.