Am I a brainlet for preferring Handel over Bach?

Am I a brainlet for preferring Handel over Bach?

Attached: George_Frideric_Handel_by_Balthasar_Denner.jpg (2400x2901, 1023K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA
youtube.com/watch?v=GPQ9W5zZBWg
youtu.be/CL00B8TQMBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_t6jL7-3Iq4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah392lnFHxM
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EN27Zh_vg
youtube.com/watch?v=on1DDSLdDOo
youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60
youtu.be/-ywL_zokELE
youtube.com/watch?v=zx8_2nZx4A0
youtube.com/watch?v=v2PZFB-27hM
youtube.com/watch?v=ffd5zv2R-ag
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_AgCTovik
youtube.com/watch?v=9TmDm_HMybQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pzbr6ZGk4zs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No
youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA

youtube.com/watch?v=GPQ9W5zZBWg

The point I hear everyone making is that Handel's music was more triumphant, loud, and anthemic while Bach studied music scientifically (i.e. making encyclopedias of things to use in compositions).

A good case in point for Handel is the Coronation Anthems or the Royal Fireworks Music.

Attached: 082e6f8753089c70bc3dfa8703c41084.jpg (562x387, 76K)

Yes
youtu.be/CL00B8TQMBQ

Yes
Bach's music is divine
youtube.com/watch?v=_t6jL7-3Iq4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah392lnFHxM
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EN27Zh_vg
youtube.com/watch?v=on1DDSLdDOo

Attached: Johann-Sebastian-Bach-portraits-classical-music-5377463-350-480.jpg (350x480, 24K)

You'd be a brainlet just for liking Handel at all. The stuff normies say about Classical like its boring, pompous and predictable actually do apply to Handel.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA
That's what got me into classical music in the first place back when I was 10.

step aside faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60

Attached: Palestrina-14.jpg (300x403, 32K)

>Implying
Step aside, kiddo:
youtu.be/-ywL_zokELE

I got this

youtube.com/watch?v=zx8_2nZx4A0

Attached: Zelenka.jpg (236x214, 11K)

Bach is more suited for aristocrats. Handel is more of a commoner music. So you wonder why commoners like commoner musics.

Bach (like all good music/art) is for anyone and everyone, you self-deluded cunt.

I would say yes.

No u
youtube.com/watch?v=v2PZFB-27hM
youtube.com/watch?v=ffd5zv2R-ag
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_AgCTovik

How much Bach have you heard? There's a lot. And in my opinion considerably better than Handel, who is a genius but is no Bach.

And now, I'm going to listen to Milstein playing the Chaconne.

Just listen to what you like user. Fuck anyone who tells you otherwise

Guy who listened all Bach and Handel works in different interpretations here.

Handel is very good, but Bach is better. Actually best Handel works are chandos anthems, and some oratorios not for plebs, he reached Bach level in them, but still overall Bach music is better maybe not much but feels deeper and more intense. Still I like Handel more :P

youtube.com/watch?v=9TmDm_HMybQ

Bach grows on you.
I find him "more difficult" to listen to than Chopin for example, but as you listen more and more his incredible musical genius begins unravelling itself.

Petzold is the only good Baroque composer.
youtube.com/watch?v=pzbr6ZGk4zs

Attached: Petzold (Formerly Bach) - fancy German composer.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I feel like to truly understand Bach you need to pay close attention to details, which makes him the purest example of Baroque.

Handel does have some pieces like that. I went to see CSO do an all Handel show last year and he pointed out examples of the details in Silete Venti, which almost sounds more like something Bach would have composed.

But Handel did have a lot like the Fireworks Music which was more just loud music to set an excited mood and not much else. Don't get me wrong, the Fireworks Music has a special place in my heart but it is more to entertain than make you think.

you've got it wrong. handel wrote pieces for the aristocrats and royalties, while bach wrote secular music for masses, and complex etudes for development of music and pedagogy.

Attached: this two cunts whom i admire.....gif (529x280, 44K)

Handel was a brainlet compared to Bach, but most composers were so he's still good.