Anyone here meditates? It's worth the effort? I tried yesterday but man...

Anyone here meditates? It's worth the effort? I tried yesterday but man, I don't think I will ever be able to do it correctly.

Other urls found in this thread:

zmm.mro.org/teachings/meditation-instructions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i meditated hard last night after i fucked your mom up the ass with my big penis

It's a meme, just like all religion is

Just keep lifting

I'd like to, what I have no idea what to do or where to start.
It's one of those things with too much info all over the place.

Had a stroke writing that apparently.

bait

Meditation won't make you superhuman, but it definitely has the potential to greatly improve your life. Read "Mindfulness in Plain English"

holy shit, OP is NOT gonna recover from that one

>It's a meme, just like all religion is

Do Wim Hof Method

meditation has been proven to yield great mental and physical gains over and over again

retard

The harder you try the less chances you have to succeed. Listen to all Alan Watts lectures in youtube.

>starts something yesterday
>doubts to think to get it done correctly

Is this bait?

I used to. It really helped. I also used to do some light yoga to stretch on lift days. that definitely helped.

TIP TOP FUCKING KEK MY SIDES HAVE BEEN BLASTED TO REDDIT KEK

>I tried yesterday but man, I don't think I will ever be able to do it correctly.
Imagine you tried throwing a football (or anything at all) for the first time yesterday. How bad would you be at it? Same with meditation. I honestly do think that it's something that should be taught in school as part of PE. There's just too much stigma around it and people consider it to be a Hindu/Buddhist ritual.

>t.

False. Research shows 80% effort results in optimal performance. Watts is a retard.

meditation really depends on what your objective is.
i'm going to take a guess since you are no this board and say you just want to practice clearing your your mind and quietening your soul?
regardless breath is key.
find a comfortable position where you can keep good posture and focus on your breath, do just think about it but follow it with your awareness,this will help to quiet the mind

hahahahahahaha btfo op kys dumb ass

Lying down is bad?

not so long as you maintain good posture, and not just fall asleep.
lotus position for meditation is a meme

zmm.mro.org/teachings/meditation-instructions/ the only thing you need to learn correctly is the position. I recommend setting a timer and trying to push through the first few times.

Imagine being mad enough to make this

I do it. I can already feel my grey matter getting swole.

this man speaks the truth. try "The Mind Illuminated" by Culadasa, blows every other resource out of the water

I only know one person who started meditating. He went from boring to incredibly boring. I'm sure knowing him he thought he was becoming cool and silent but honestly the guy literally lost all opinions on everything and explained it away as like "dude I'm just so at peace everything is chill if you ask me"

watts is extremely seductive propaganda that will transform hardworking people into NEETs, it is unethical to recommend him

I would talk about it, but I find it's like trying to explain nuclear physics to a town of idiot peasants who think they already know how it all works.

Sounds like you need to focus on metta a lot more friendo, considering the attitude
But yeah I agree with the idea
People who have never meditated or even read anything about meditation somehow think that they are qualified enough to come to conclusions about it
Sad really, that those people probably are the ones that need meditation the most

Oh shit, I'm already kinda like that. Maybe shouldn't meditate

Check out Headspace. It's a guided meditation app. It's free for the first 10 sessions, but then it has a subscription. There's a torrent I downloaded for the remaining files, but the first 10 are a good foundation.

This,

I'm always kicking myself for not meditating more.

>Sit down
>Close eyes
>Zone out

Wow, it's like I meditate for 10-20 minutes a day every time I sit down to take a shit.

>Zone out
WRONG

i dont read cuck

>Torrent
Please share it with me.

>I don't think I will ever be able to do it correctly.

There's no correct way. As long as you're sitting down, taking the time out to notice what's going on and practising relaxing, you'll do just fine.

Learning mindfulness is really helpful- not psuedoscience at all. I used to think it was total bs (I'm a scientist) and it took me months of work with a psychologist for my anxiety before she finally convinced me to try practising it.

It really works, it's not hard, you're not doing it wrong, and it's backed up by peer reviewed hard science.

Keep practising. It's ok to get it wrong. You don't have to feel a certain way or feel anything at all. Just notice what's going on around you, and take the time out to take care of yourself. Good work, user. You'll be just fine.

Seconding this book. I read it during the most fucked up time in my life and meditation helped a lot for that.

Started doing Chakra meditation, focused solely on the "mudalahara" Chakra because it was supposed to be the one that controlled strength and fitness. After a month or so I started having vivid recurring nightmares inside of nightmares always of the same figure in the dark watching me. Quit meditating, they went away and never came back, but what I saw changed me. To each their own, but for me never again.

man i do it and its the best thing ive ever done, you are going to blown your mind actually i dont care about money women and regular shit, because you focus on things waaaay more important, (and powerfull), let me tell you something im a biztard but im not looking at money for making me happy, i am already, im making money just for playing, because my main objective isnt being rich or shit like it anymore, but growing my own being. wanna talk more about it OP? and remember a huge part of the greatest masters did get enlightened by themselves, no mentors. thats the secret, its in yourself ;)

I remember I used to mediate about 20-30 minutes a day for about 4 months but saw so benefit from it so therefore I stopped.

Personally if you have mental health issues then drugs (SSRIs), weed, working out, eating properly, pounding pussy, etc. do wonders for you.

fpbp as per usual

btw meditating wont help your lifting, lifting is going to help your meditation.

Sounds like your repressed faggot-self user

add me to screenshot m88

Meditation is not about sitting in a photogenic pose, it's about detaching from the physical dimension and the mind. There is no need to overthink the pose when you're just starting out. You do not have to sit in a specific position to go deeper into meditation, the most important thing is that you sit/lay comfortably (don't recommend standing since you can fall and hurt yourself).

Take a moment and forget about everything you think you know, everything you have ever learned, every need and all demands that you have; let go of "you". Do not force it, just relax and let go.

I do sometimes but I don't do weird yoga poses while I'm doin it

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>meditate so hard that I get a tulpa gf

It depends on the type of meditation. In vipassana the exact opposite is true.You can sit in any position you want, as long as it doesn't impede your mental process. Lotus positions help, but are not necessary.
You try to achieve mindfulness by first focusing on breath to increase concentration and detach from delusions, and then you use your concentration to analyze reality (your feelings, thoughts, impulses etc.).
Of course this is just a very short and probably not very accurate summary and there is much more to meditation than this to learn, but any start is a good start.

If you are interested I would recommend Mindfulness in Plain English. Pretty good book on the practice of meditation and what it is about.
Even if you are not interested, I suggest you at least read a few pages from the start. If you don't like it you can obviously stop and never read it again.

If you suffer with anxiety then meditation is a must

Oh I suffer all right
Did meditate for a while but I found it more helpful for will/focus
For anxiety, diet helps me more

I am capable of short periods of mindlessness. It feels like I forgot to breathe.

>meditation
>religion

Can an user recommend me a meditation routine?

I did it for a year, 40 minutes a day.
No real significant changes. You may feel less stressed but honestly i found that dangerous because i giving less shits about important things.
But one big difference that was absolutely noticeable was lucid dreaming. I was able to do it 2-3 times a week. Pretty awesome

>tulpa gf
i thought i was the only one

>It's worth the effort?
I think it depends on your character. If you're the kind of person who gets physically wound up it does help, but if you're more of a laid back kind of guy it's likely redundant.

It's a great book but also very verbose. I think 95% of people would not make it past the first three stages (establishing a practice). Perhaps I'm only speaking for myself.

Meditation is great but overall it's hard to find the time for it. You do need some quality time, time when you can be concentrated and alert. It's hard to find that time if you have a life otherwise. Also I question whether meditation is necessary if you are in peace with yourself and the world and your life and your perspective.

The information on the inner workings of the mind as listed in that book is interested, but I find and have always found it strange that it should be such a deep insight that what you perceive is not real. As a rational fact that's immediate to most adults I think. And if the point of realizing it on a deep subconscious level is to let go and stop being attached then in my view there is some paradox in that what your senses and your mind bring towards you in your consciousness is extremely useful and necessary for survival most of the time.

I only have time to either meditate or lift and mostly I prefer lifting, it just feels like more value for the time. Investing so many hours over so many months and years for some deep realization that may not improve my life all that much and rather make me less motivated and less grounded in the real world seems like a not so attractive deal.

I take 5 minutes a day. I sit, and just observe my thoughts. If I feel like going for longer, I do. If not, I stop and go about my day.

And do you get any benefits?

The first few times I meditated I felt great. I felt very calm and was able to fall asleep very easily if I did it before bed. I stopped for a few months and was never able to get that same feeling again.

>white people

Nigposters should be shot.

/pol/posters should be hung

Google "Headspace v2 Complete - December 2015" and download from whatever tracker you use.

He’s not doing it for the right reason then, meditation shouldn’t be something like an accessory on an outfit. And if anything meditation has lead me to have more opinions and being confident in them. With my mind clear I can speak exactly what I think without it being clustered with random thoughts. Meditation doesn’t make you not think anything, it just turns down the background noise. That guy you know is a fucking retard.

10 minutes x once a day, everyday

Boom

you're chasing a feel , accept whatever you feel. some times when I meditate it is very nice , so relaxing . but other times its ok , just ok , not great .
I would suggest anyone interested look for the headspace torrent or pay .

That's cause this Chakra shit is demonic and you were opening dangerous gateways, you invited in some nasty spirits which is why you felt evil presences.

also checked, it's just more evidence to my claim.

Okay here's the top secret method:
>sit in literally any comfortable position with your back upright and straight
>close eyes
>breathe in through nose
>breathe out through mouth
>slow down gradually while also increasing the pause between inhalation and exhalation until it's as slow as feels nice and relax
>repeat until you feel rested or whatever
Literally all there is to it, how can you possibly fuck it up? Are you drinking some sort of spiritualistic Kool-aid about meditation or something?
see above
most basic shit ever
>but what do I focus on omg what do I visualize?
You focus on breathing. You visualize breathing, or whatever else you want. I don't know. A lotus flower. A natty lift. A really inviting vagina. Who cares? It's not like you're going to get your dick caught in a ceiling fan if you do it "wrong".

SOURCE: Some really good karate guy taught me when I was in his class as a kid. You don't even have to make an OK sign with your hands, that's the Greek meditation and the lotus crossed legs position is asian, they just put them together because hippies like fusions and stuff. Crossed legs is good position though. You can also do it while lying down or sitting on your chair or whatever, just the breathing part. As long as you're not taxing yourself to need faster breathing, you can meditate.

Savage expert 4th degree burn.

"Meditating" is a meme way of saying relaxing. People who refer to meditating as some magical activity are those so insanely desperate to label themselves as unique that they turn a basic part of life like relaxing into a fucking meme concept.
Sit down, close your eyes, and breathe deeply for like 10 minutes. Congratulations, you're a god of meditating now.

Same breathing-meditation user here, I've been recently studying Tantra chakra a bit for giggles and because I like lore and I can tell you what you did wrong senpai:
You went and overanalyzed things, you went full chakra Freud! No but really though, the muladhara is the ass chakra. It's also the one you have to start with because it's the base of Kundalini. I'm pretty sure you didn't have any supernatural experiences and are just one of those wannabe schizo types who obsesses about tulpas and things, right? Don't blame meditation for that.

No, it's about breathing exercises to relax you and enhance your focus. Don't go all mystical on me Veeky Forums, most of you don't even know how Tantra works and are just repeating the fables of western ripoff artists.

AND THEEEERE WE ARE LIKE CLOCKWORK IT'S THE TULPAFAGS
Fucking RRREEEEEEEEEE you don't need a ritualistic belief system to be able to imagine things, it's an innate human ability so stop muddling it up and pretending it's something supernatural or "more".

Yeah, exactly. Tantra is mad fun to learn about, but I don't reconmmend it to /x/fags like those mostly ITT because they'll take it seriously all like:
>muh divine person-object-permanence-duality that makes soooo much sense to me in like, a right-brained way and I can't describe it but I FEEL that I understand it and dude like woaaaah I can see the infinite

Enlightenment; nothing special.

This, if meditation is ayahuasca wim hof is smoking dmt

Actually, all scientific evidence (a quick Google search will find you mountains) points toward meditation being beneficial. Meditation is on much former ground as being good for you than most other shot talked about here