Does anyone else feel bad after drinking, even if you had a good time?

Does anyone else feel bad after drinking, even if you had a good time?

I'm not talking about hangovers, just generally feeling down.

I might give it up altogether.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OhIdDNtSv0
reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/46kiy4/theres_a_community_of_us_that_have_adhdi/
reddit.com/r/Neuropsychology/comments/3nft27/a_big_hangover_improves_my_verbal_fluency_and/
reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/5kpy3j/adhdpi_dissociative_depression_fix_during/
longecity.org/forum/topic/64835-chronic-dopamine-deficiency-consistently-disappearing-during-alcohol-hangovers/page-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i get depressed the day after drinking. i dont know why. i just lay in bed actually sad.

Yeah, it's fucking weird and why I don't drink very often. It's a new thing, too.
Last year I got SUPER drunk at a wedding, and for like a week I felt like I was stuck in a hole. I went to a music festival with my best friend the next weekend and I was on the verge of tears because I didn't wanna go and all I wanted to do was curl up in bed. I am not at all an emotional person. I have no history of mental illness whatsoever but for a week I was convinced I had drank myself into clinical depression
And then all of a sudden it was gone. Haven't experienced anything remotely like that except on days after I drink.

that basically describes my experience lol. i am not a depressive person at all by any means and literally never have those kinds of thoughts. except the day after when im hungover i am really sad. its bizarre

Same for me OP

>went to party with co workers
>drank half bottle of vodka
>ripped up the dance floor

Then i woke up with a tremendous feeling of shame and embarrassment. All my co workers told me i was the life of the party and a great dancer, but it took at least a week to shake off those feelings... Now i have a 2 drink max

I always sleep like shit after drinking. If I go to bed wasted at 4 am ill wake up feeling like shit at 9

Alcohol can do that OP. It does the same to me as you and Drink beer or wine. It's easier to tell how much you've had. Stick to 2 drinks if out professionally or casually with not close friends. I only drink a lot around people I've known a long while. Smoke by yourself, drink light socially, and drink moderately with friends.

After drinking, I feel bad because I cheated my diet and killed my gains

Physical hangovers would be fine.

The existential crisis hangovers I get these days are the worst.

I feel exactly the same. It's this general feeling of emptiness and numbness. I usually go outside and stand in my backyard. I just let the sun warm me up. When I think back to all the fun I was having at the party I don't smile or feel any happiness. I feel a general mellow indifference to all the "fun" that I had.

I can't speak for you guys, but I think the reason I feel like this is because I know that I am a fraud. I have this nagging desire in the back of my head at all times that wants more out of life, but I don't know exactly what it is. I know all the fun I was having was bullshit. Is this really all there is? I don't know maybe I'm just really fucking lonely with or without friends. Maybe there is something fundamentally wrong with me. Maybe no matter how much I lift or read or party it will never go away. I'm just wired differently than others. All this shit comes naturally to them, but to me it's a constant fucking effort to not slip into that dark place I was not too long ago.

And just when I am starting to think that I am all better. When I am at a my weakest (hungover) and I have time to reflect I find nothing but sad shit. fuck it

It's called post-party depression. Other than that I feel guilty because I will be unproductive for the whole day and I have zero energy

I get fairly depressed after drinking and often get vaguely suicidal thoughts. When I do drink, it's always until I black out. In the past two years I've gone through two pronlonged, seperate periods where I was drinking every day. I've crashed two different trucks while drunk driving. I'm getting sober rn and it's been 6 days since my last drink

Check out Allen Carr's book, The Easy Way To Control Alcohol.
It addresses some of these issues.

Jesus user. Stay off the sauce you alky fuck. Keep it up, we're all gonna make it. I have the issue that when I drink somewhere where I don't have responsibilities (at home, at friends house when I stay the night), I can't stop drinking.

My hangovers is always weird
I feel light, calm, steady, my mind is quieter and more precise
Im the only one who feels this?
I dont know why

People say I become another person when Im drunk, but to get to that point I dranked enough to forget the next day
I wake up with 5 girls numbers and random people asking me to come to parties
But my actual self is "reserved" and distant
I wish I was the drunk self naturally

Damn we are legion with these feelings after drinking

Huh, that’s interesting. From time to time the morning after getting wasted I will have really bad anxiety/panic attacks. Even if I have no physical symptoms of a hangover.

Yes.
Even if I hd a great time afterwards it always just feels like such a huge waste or something.

Which is why I don't drink much these days, aside from having an occasional beer or some wine, but I I avoid actually getting drunk or more than a very mild buzz.

>take a depressant
>get depressed
Imagine moi surprise

Yeah I'm an alcoholic and basically ruined my life with alcohol

The "fun" I have an adult seems to have lost its flavour. Even just shooting the shit or playing video games with friends as a teen seems much more genuine and endless. The stuff that will flash before your eyes as you die. Perhaps it's just nostalgia but all parties seem to become the same as I get older.

>I'm not talking about hangovers, just generally feeling down.

You are talking about a hangover. That's part of it.

I used to, but still drank all the time.

I can't even drink more than 2 beers anymore before i call it quits.

>Taste in booze has vanished without a clear reason as to why
>Only indulge once every two weeks at most nowadays
>Mfw

i always feel refreshed after drinking with friends but also bad beacuse im hurting my gains.

this but i'm only 20 years old

Believe it or not you're going to look back and wish you could be 20 again.

i can believe it
but today i wish i was 16 or 17 again. Everything seems boring now, and days keep getting shorter everyday

Its a symptom of withdrawal. Have a drink and it goes away. But yeah. I get mad anxiety and depression after i get drunk.
Im thinking of just not getting hammered anymore

well that's probably because it's winter.

i wish i was 12-16 again, i was happy then and i still had hope

I feel like that all the time anyway

Yeah, I always get high after getting drunk to keep the pain away.
Better yet just use weed and skip the alcohol.

>I'm going home. CLEAR A PATH!

Love that movie.

Yeah sometimes.

But I usually get that bad shameful feeling after I jerk off. I've been doing No Nut November for about 10 days now and I feel alright, so far. I feel like if I break now I'll just feel like a fucking pathetic loser.

It is a hangover though. Depression the day after with risidual fatigue and heaviness for a day or two after that. Alcohol sucks dick. The only drug that doesn’t give me hangover is Xanax and opiates, we both know how that goes if you do too much.

I drank like a fish when i was younger and generally got blackout drunk. Nowadays i don't drink at all and just smoke pot daily. At a certain point i just didn't like getting drunk or alcohol in general.

>your understanding of how drugs work

>consume depressant
>wtf why am I depressed

Yeah I always feel depressed the next day. Even if I just had a few and didnt embarress myself but just felt a little bit of a buzz for some reason I avoid everyone the next day and feel like shit.

I wish I could drink like my mate. He can smash a whole bottle of whatever to himself and wake up the next day energetic and positive as fuck and do it again. Some of us just werent built to be party animals

*shoots the ceiling*

N-NO NO NO IT'S AN ACCIDENT AN ACCIDENT IT'S AN ACCIDENT

IT'S I-IT'S THE TRIGGER IT'S SENSITIVE

IT'S OK

it's just it's a sensitive trigger

>being this retarded
holy fuck
a drug that is a depressant != a drug that makes you depressed, it's a drug that lowers neurotransmission. hangovers are characterized by overstimulation

youtube.com/watch?v=9OhIdDNtSv0

Selective serotonin excreation inhibitors l

the liquid gains goblin makes you feel bad?

This why do i feel that way? I dont get it? I had fun the day before but everyday i feel bad emotianly the next day? I dont get it

you are fucking retarded

the night
>drinking like a motherfucker
>rounds of shots
>talking to everyone
>making new friends
>dancing
>generally having a great time
>love myself and everyone around me

the morning
>wake up
>feel like shit
>go back to sleep
>don't leave bed all day until I have to eat at about 8pm
>hate myself
>feel ashamed
>what the fuck am I doing with my life
>I feel awful
>need water but can't even motivate myself to move

the next day
>everything is fine

You're not alone buddy

reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/46kiy4/theres_a_community_of_us_that_have_adhdi/
reddit.com/r/Neuropsychology/comments/3nft27/a_big_hangover_improves_my_verbal_fluency_and/
reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/5kpy3j/adhdpi_dissociative_depression_fix_during/
longecity.org/forum/topic/64835-chronic-dopamine-deficiency-consistently-disappearing-during-alcohol-hangovers/page-1

Who here /I only text this bitch when I'm drunk/ ?

You deplete your serotonin the same way as with other drugs.