Who here weight trains and uses a heavy bag at their gym?

Who here weight trains and uses a heavy bag at their gym?

>pic related

So recently I've replaced cardio and been using the punching bag after my workouts. Its been a few weeks now of me doin this.

Im no expert, I know what I'm doing though. I crank the bag as hard as i can, roundhouse kicks, back kicks, jabs and hooks. One of the regulars commented on how the noise of me hitting the bag can be haard throughout the gym. I internally cringed.

Should i just hit it not as loud, not to draw attention or keep trying to better my technique. This is a normie gym, think L.A Fitnessesqe. Apart from myself only ever seen like 3 or 4 other guys wear actual boxing gloves on the bag.

I don't know know about mixing weights with heavy bag, for me I struggle with mixing sports with lifting in general I mean for example doing triceps/biceps then going hard on the heavy bag could lead to injury.

That being said though I'm cutting atm and purchased a heavy bag to use at home for fitness. I started with boxing, then eventually moved to kick boxing because its way more fun. I think I get a bigger sweat doing HIIT style boxing then running, I don't know how sweating translates to calories burnt though so maybe if anyone can answer that for me? If your a loner like me then it definitely feels like heavy bag time is the closest thing you will find to getting good at fighting, I know it can't compare to actual sparring but at least it should give you an advantage against the untrained if it came down to it.

>people bitching about noise in a gym

same ppl who probably bitch when u drop dumbells

does that say ueenax or xeuaan

>I know what I'm doing though
>roundhouse kicks, back kicks
One of these things is true, and it's sure ain't the first one

figured it out la
it's Queenax

Yea bro, my gym has that exact thing.

There is nothing wrong with doing those, but I'm willing to bet OP's form is attrocious.

Anyway, OP. I've been doing the same as you, but I assume you haven't had actual training in combat sports. Noobie mistake is hitting the heavy bag by just murdering it and making a lot of noise by doing that. "Tapping" with your fist it and going for fluid and quick combinations is more efficient for energy and noise control. Practicing footwork, and headmovement around the bag and switching stances is also a good thing to include because it creates no noise.

Round house and spinning back kicks are no no's? Lol why.

The spinning back kick if trained properly can snap your ribs right the fuck up. People have to train those on bags. No one wears pads to eat back kicks bro. No one.

Wear the noise like a badge. It shows dominance. Grunt while you hit it too. Maybe throw in some "fucking bitch" and "I told you not to come to school punk..." under your breath too.

I cringe when I see people like you. Keep it up OP

>What is a kick shield

Op do you have experience boxing/kickboxing? If not you may want to try and get a free lesson or look up something online so you can learn what a jab and cross are. Once you figure out the form for a few basic punches it should help out a lot.

Sweating is really just your bodies way of cooling you down, as heat is transferred out of the body through sweat. With that being said if your body is hot from exercise, you'll be burning calories. A good indicator would be how much of a puff you've built up, e.g. how out of breath you are.

5 years of teakwondo where I competed at the provincial level. Add to that a couple months of boxing (no competition though).

I've put on like 50lbs from back. Just tryna adapt to my new heftiness(age 16-27), decent technique was already there. I mostly train trying to generate power from the floor when im doing short hooks. Shit like that. I've seen ppl with shit form hit the bag, trust me im too hyper aware of my surroundings to look like an autist on the bag. I got freaked out for being loud right...

You still don't back kick someone using a kick shield. Its risky for the person holding the shield.

Im 6'3 220 with legs like 4 feet long from toe to hip. Id need a big ass heavy dude to hold that shield. Not some joe schmo 170 pounder.

Fuck what everyone one else thinks, that bitch complaining should make you want to hit the bag even harder. But if you're serious about training, heavy bag is pretty shit it should only be a small part of your overall routine. Join a boxing gym, they're cheap and you'll make friends

Just use it as you know you're supposed to use it. If people complain, maybe they shouldn't have signed up to a gym with a bag in it.

Someone bitched at me for sweating all over the rack and spraying spit all over the mirror during my squats. I can't help that shit. It's a gym, not a fucking spa. If a bit of sweat offends you you're both a pussy and in the wrong place.

I started doing kick boxing after my workouts literally yesterday. Today my shoulder feels kinda fucked from a previous injury in rugby. Still feels like a great exercise tho.
I made a lot of noise but just be a chad and dont give a fuck about the noise

>dropping dumbells
people like this should be shot on sight

you probably look retarded

As someone who has trained Muay Thai for 6 years, please do not use the heavy bag if you have no training. You look retarded

Same here, my only cardio is heavy bag and rope jumping, feels good man.

Muh lady

This. I imagine OP flailing about and making anime noises.

Learn to punch properly
You'll enjoy it more and you'll look less retarded

Op here. Just wanted to know if your able to hit the bag hard enough that the noise gets people's attention. Should you keep at it or, like pull your punches and kicks so as to not warrent attention?

I appreciate the replies but if your gonna be a faggot and not at all answer the question and, instead just assume im a tryhard kill yourself.

>Assume i know what im doing, don't assume the worst.

If you can punch the bag without wrapping your wrists then your punches are weak

That destroys knuckle skin, you'd know that if you weren't an internet mma champ.

OP hit that shit as hard as possible the louder the better, means more power in the strike or faster, its a gym tell them to fuck off its not a library