99% of Veeky Forums can't even do this training routine

99% of Veeky Forums can't even do this training routine.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCcdQ9X5JQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEeXZ2tESmw
fromtheold.com/recces
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok

That looks like fun. Shame it involves following orders from the US government.

Why do marines look so manly despite frame, height, face, hair, etc, being all over the place.

What Marines?

Those guys are young and you're a pedo faggot.

99% of Veeky Forums can't even do this training routine

nigga that's not training it's letting the government torture you to prove you are willing to die for the government. My 'fuck this shit' genes would override it day one

SEALs are endurance athletes, most of Veeky Forums is bodybuilders that would lose literally all their gains if they could do this.

2BQH, most collegiate rowers, wrestlers, rugby or basketball players could do this workout without too much issues. The SEAL trainers fuck with you by withholding food and sleep, that's the hard part

>inb4 "you don't die for the government, you die for your country and the guy beside you"

nigga you still ded

Here are the official minimum SEAL fitness standards
>(1) 500 yd swim in under 9:00
>(2) pushups - 100 in 2:00
>(3) sit-ups - 100 in 2:00
>(4) pull-ups -- 20
>(5) 1.5 mile run in 9:00.

that's not exactly the end of the world, lads

hell week is still only a week long. at least it's not the unending horror of ragnar school where you can keep getting recycled until you either pass or starve.

I framed houses in the pissing rain at near freezing temperatures and the seal training can suck my dick.

These aren't even the actual minimum to go to bud/s they ate the recommended numbers actual minimum is much lower .

still, this is "55 year old triathlete" tier fitness. It's good and fit but it's not fuckin Mt Olympus or anything

As an Army Vet I just want to clarify one thing regarding this, and other similar bait posts regarding military based PT.

Basically the training is mainly designed around being able to be done with no equipment and thus is calisthenics based, with the main leaning being endurance and not much else.

Uncle Sam doesn't care if you're jacked, only if you're able to push yourself further and further no matter if your body is screaming to stop or not. The training when you first join is to condition your body for this and to push you past your normal limits. It makes you go further than you though but does so progressively to not just mindlessly break you.

It has nothing to do with being strong and quite honestly you can still be fairly fat and complete the training. I know because I completed Basic and AIT in the Army despite weighing around 225-230lbs and having a BF% of around 18% according to the tape test. Now I admit that my dry weight (as in the weight of my bones) is fairly high, but the point is that despite 4 months of conditioning training I didn't even drop 10lbs of weight and maintained my neck-waist ratio on the tape.

Yet I passed every PT test, finished road marches, and met every requirement of me to finish. I left my training with endurance, an ability to push further than I expected but I wasn't actually "fit".

So yeah, maybe not everyone here can just do this training, but frankly since the training doesn't mean you'll actually improve your fitness, so fucking what?

That swim done clothed? I could do a 500 butterfly and be a 100 into my cool down in that time.

Itt everybody is a beast

I would pay to watch members of this board go through mountains

Who cares? None of these pussies can deadlift close 405 lbs

I actually laughed out loud

In gear.

Army Vet here again: I live in Western Montana. Basically everywhere near me is a mountain.

That said they don't compare to the peaks in Colorado but they have definitely contributed to my calf size.

Like I've said, the training the military focuses on is mainly endurance, followed by mental fortitude. If you have those two things everything else they want is secondary and can be trained up.

Army Vet here: last I recall from video, the gear is pretty light (uniform, boots). It's not like they're swimming wearing an IBA and helmet after all. Yeah, it's not easy and it's hard to be fast at it, but they do teach you a specific way to swim in your uniform that works. The rest is practice.

Alright, seems more reasonable. Just seemed out of place considering your average high school swimmer can do a 500 in like four and a half minutes, and you don't see the other requirements being smashed like that

Idk this training is kinda silly imo. The SWAT, SRT, EST guys I have seen are more like Veeky Forums anyway. They lift like fucking crazy, made for short explosive movements, and can pig out.

Bro I was in the Marines and never did deadlifts before. I tried it for the first time and got 365 for 5. About a little over a year later I hit 505. I love how it's always the beta faggots that talk shit about military. Any alpha strong dude I talk to usually has respect for military but it's always the manlets or dyels that try to talk shit like "yeah I could do it if I felt like it" or something like what you said. Pure beta bitch talk.

sure you did

>500 butterfly and be a 100 into my cool

run is on the beach, too. running in boots on sand fucking sucks.

and 20 pull ups is pretty difficult. as are the push up and sit up standards. just because it looks easy on paper...

it's mostly about your will to continue, not so much the actual tasks being difficult to accomplish. not that you don't need a reasonable level of fitness or that you wouldn't benefit from being a lot more fit than the minimum standard.

Haha, yeah it was pretty awesome. Doubters just make me feel better about it.

BUDs is just a haze fest (like most entry level training).

Once you pass, the majority of SOF teams train like pro athletes (weight lifting, sleeping, eating etc)when they’re not operating down range.

That's what I was saying. Everything else looks tough besides the swim, but if it's in gear it's more in line.

>Falling for the cross fit meme

I surely hope you didn't.

>Idk this training is kinda silly imo. The SWAT, SRT, EST guys I have seen are more like Veeky Forums anyway. They lift like fucking crazy, made for short explosive movements, and can pig out.
Army Vet again: This is exactly true. Military physical training hasn't really evolved since WWI. The Army Physical Fitness Test that is used today was designed around needing to pull your body up off the ground (or push yourself up from the prone) and run across No Man's Land (pull ups were basically chosen by some branches as a test of your ability to climb out of a trench without aid). It was kept because the basic movements still applied as war changed because you may need to hit the dirt or run to cover. The modern Soldier needs the kind of short, explosive movements that SWAT and similar groups have due to the heavy protective gear.

Basically the military suffers from training that has fallen behind the technology employed while civilian forces have adapted as their requirements have changed.

I've mentioned it in the past but if they really wanted to train military personnel for modern combat the test would be something like a 5 mile timed road march with basic protective gear (vest with plates, helmet, knee and elbow pads) and their weapon (or at least a dummy weapon to simulate weight) to test endurance, a timed 25m sprint with said gear to test explosiveness, and a timed 25m litter drag (with say 200lbs or weight) to test muscular strength and endurance. All tested times would be broken into point levels based on how quickly they are completed.

This would test their readiness to handle foot patrols, the need to move quickly in full gear to cover or to pursue someone on foot (on my first deployment we had a HVT chased for 6 blocks by a Soldier on foot carrying a 240B and successfully captured), and the need to evac a wounded person to safety.

Basically make training match the job.

Kek

> self harming in 2017

A lot of the military did when I was in. Some of the exercises taken from Crossfit where base (heavy tire flips, using a sledge hammer on a tire like you're chopping wood, tire drags) but there are a lot of Crossfit things that are just as stupid too.

>says the guy on a forum dedicated to lifting weights and starving to see abs

i mean you get some respect for not being a pussy
but you lose quite a lot for being a fucking brainlet and joining the US military
military guys who think they are better than everyone are fucking insufferable congratulations on getting played by (((them)))

Mountains as in mountain phase you fucking donut. You sure you were in the army bro?

Army Vet here again: so I joined in 05 because it was the only job available, I was basically living bottom middle class with no way to reasonably afford college and within a year of my joining the local economy went tits up back home (rural America tends to feel recessions first and for longer than the country as a whole) meaning that if I hadn't joined I'd basically be unemployed even if I'd gotten a job. Does this make me a brainlet as well?

not everyone goes through ragnar skool, son, or mountain warfare school.

when you could have just bought a $20 greyhound ticket to the nearest big city and lived off food banks for a couple weeks until you found a job in the trades, yeah.

Sorry, I was thinking Mountain School which is in Colorado and really isn't that crazy.

Blame it on my second duty station being to 10th Mountain in Drum.

>t. brainlet
You're either A: severely overweight
or B: Severely full of shit

I suspect both

I was just out of high school and never considered that. I was just trying to make enough money to live and hadn't considered making myself homeless just to find work in another city.

>restricting your future to 1 location

ehh not necessarily
but you still got played in the worst possible way
risking your life for literally (literally) nothing
pretty shitty situation for rural farm boys, I am one too, but because yuropoor it's easy to get into uni if you have the brains
and I would never fight for my government

I've spoken to some seals and the biggest problem is that your always cold, tired and an injury can really fuck your shit up.

"young" is quite often synonymous with "stupid"

at least you survived.

Joining the military is a fucking great option if you’re a toothless hick from BFE.

There are very few jobs out there willing to fully train someone and give them full benefits right off the bat. Not to mention full pension and a disability check if you do 20 and the GI Bill.

Yes the risk of death is high but so is working in a fucking coal mine, a job that could cease to exist at any point.

Can't really understand why you guys think this is so unbelievable. 365 is so fucking light and there is mild strength training in the Marines. Whatever, this was me today taking a picture with a Vietnam vet today at Corning Glass Museum.

that sounds like you're making excuses for being a pussy mate.

>high risk
Like 90% of the people in the military aren't in combat jobs and even navy seals might never see combat. Unless we are in a full scale war the military is pretty safe.

Yeah, I was naive back then and didn't realize there were more options.

Save for the mild PTSD and my already poor sense of smell becoming even worse I came out of it okay I think. That said, if I could go back I'd probably do a lot of things differently. Can't say if the Army would or wouldn't be one of them though. It's shaped too much of who I am today to just say for sure if I could not join and stay who I used to be before I joined.

an old airforce veteran and a girl. nobody gave a fuck about diddlys when granpa was in, so you're a girl and this is doubly bullshit.

you need to remember that black people cant swim. And they need to lower the requirements to allow them in.

that sounds like you're making excuses for being a sucker mate.

lol the cope is strong in this one
It's ok man, I know you think 405 is heavy but one day you'll be stronger. Just try to be less of a cunt on that journey and maybe people will like you more.

Yeah no shit. If your standards are too high you will end up with too few soldiers.

I had a fair amount of luck on my first deployment (avoided a mortar one time by being early to work instead of on time, and avoided another due to dumb luck and slept through it hitting 30ft from my hooch). My second was pretty quite as we were closing a COP and the local nutjobs left us alone so we'd leave.

Yes they can. Only ghetto ones cant because the women dont want to get their fake hair wet and the dudes are to busy trying to fuck everything that moves

ITT: A bunch of out of shape outcasts who could TOTALLY do SEAL training but don't "because they don't follow orders"

why the fuck would i want to do this?
I just want to be my best self not learn to kill people

im 14 seconds into the video and already know the answer is 18 , some challenge..

just because you identify as a boy doesn't mean "vid or it didn't happen" doesn't apply to you, honey.

it's not my fault trump banned you trannies from the military.

>pushups and situps are a measuring standard

fucking kek

And internet tough guys.

post vids of your successful completion of the standards after days of sleep deprivation

Who said 405 is heavy? I guess i'm not surprised a boyish manlet also lacks reading comprehension

thank you for your service debil donut. no one cares

That is what is what i would say if I was a giant pussy too.

I'll do it right after I finish my jumping jacks and somersaults

Could do everything except the running and the not breathing part. I could work up to the running fairly easily but I would panic so hard at the underwater one.

Can deal with the cold as Canadian and have been in my boxers in minus 50. Can do pushups on bench pr day and can do sets of feet elevated pushups. Used to do sets of 10 weighted dips. Can do 100 pounds added for pullups. And used to hit the boxing bag easily for an hour everyday, so I think it could translate if I worked towards running. And never have really gotten tired swimming as it's my best cardio exercise.

I think I could do it with a month or two specific training. I think I could get decent results tomorrow. Would I want to try? Not at all.

In other words, like most men, you don't have what it takes

after drownproofing

youtube.com/watch?v=LEeXZ2tESmw

you = buzzcuck

Not saying if these SEALs can or cannot, but my Dad was (is) a green beret and most of the guys there are on roids and can deadlift well over 405. The guys is the video probably can't, but the ones who pass and go to a team will certainly hit the gym religiously, like all other SOF members.

Fuck off, I know that nigger can't swim

>be your best self
>not becoming a warrior

You're just a metrosexual bitch boy. At least train martial arts.

Also weeds out the natural leaders which make the overall experience more bearable for everyone else.

I know 2 Special Forces guys.
1 = 18 Charlie
2 = 18 Echo
Both were slim, but strong, thanks to being deployed often, and were not into becoming Gears of War dudes.
SF is about mental sharpness and endurance and unconventional thinking --- not about muscular development.

>SOCOM MacDill AFB

Try this for a real challenge.
fromtheold.com/recces

Thats also called a faggot gene. I bet you view yourself as a Bright underacheiver and have quit a fair few jobs because you didn't like being told what to do once in a while.

Newsflash. Its called being weak.

these are just the requirements to begin training, out of all the people that can do that about 80% don't complete bud/s.

I have a black belt and would hate to kill someone in purpose. Especially not because im told to. I just hate this mindset and its a pitty so many good men fall for this

lmao

>being a slave to the ZOG because it would "make you a man"
el mayo

From my experience it's really going to depend on what unit you're attached to, it may be different for the US because of how active SF groups are, though.

While I was a member of one of my countries' SOF units, I spent most of my days in the gym, shooting, and running training exercises; we were hardly every operational and therefore everyone in the unit put on significant muscle and would be closer to a Gears of War archetype.

In saying that though, the SF units that would come in and out of Afghanistan were pretty lean by comparison.

Regardless, you're correct. Being the perfect fit is more important than being the strongest and most athletic soldier.

Army vet here again: this one time I sucked an officers dick so hard I got promoted to staff sergeant in like three weeks. But I turned down the promotion because I'm a good guy and I do that shit for uncle sam

I just want to test myself but I don't want to die for zog, wat do? My nations sas is breddy good but they are soldiers and soldiers don't ask questions

Hell week is only a week long but BUD/S is several months and involves running miles with boats on your head every day, open ocean swims, and a weekly long distance run that's like 10 miles or some shit. One of my buddies went through buds and literally had a bald spot on his head when he got out from running with the boats all day. He said that was by far the worst part.