/FAST/ #34 NOW WITH LESS SNAKES EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18241053
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649682/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12164721
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for /fast/ed improvement, of everything

side thing, anyone want to run a small scale study and do at least 30+ mins of meditation daily during OMAD or fasts of any longer length? I've read some interesting things about stem cell mobilization during meditation and am wondering if you can tie in some fasted autophagy for enhanced effect

>you will know about fasting and its benefits for the rest of your life

Okay, to keep it short is there a fast for someone who has muscle and wants to just shred some fat? Can I not just cycle a fast to boost my metabolism and make it a tad bit easier losing weight? Give me the run down anons, a cut will do me so good

gib khazar milkies

>people will never believe you and will think you are trying to promote anorexia

Use a fast mimicking diet to get into ketosis faster. Start with eating very high fat meal, then, keeping the same ration of fat cut the calories each day until zero. I suggest using MCT oil as your source of fat.
Getting into ketosis fast means less time in the catabolic window at the beginning of the fast and more time in the anabolic window that happens while actually fasted

i've been doing 3 ~36 hour fasts a week, lifting and eating 3k calories on the other days, and my lifts are going up

why didn't anyone tell me recomping was so easy

Still waiting for the before/after photos

Cuckolds, all of you.

Also exercise while starting the fast to get into a fasted state quicker, and if you want to make a bit of muscle gains exercise before leaving the fast

Fuck me.

>Wanted to do a 48 h fast
>Started yesterday at 15.00, swam 3.5 km in the morning fasted ate like a pig and then stopped
>However i work a 24 hour shift tommorow which means i will sit on my ass all day and if i don't work out today i'll be a little soft piece of shit
>They also don't sell nosalt in my country so i don't have a potassium source, i'm thinking of bying it in tablet form
>To make things worse i made out with a girl this morning and she is coming over tonight and i'm worried i won't be able to perform if fasted

What the fuck should i do. I don't have a lot of bodyfat(about 11-12%, can see abdominal veins), so i get really fucked up during these fasts. I'm thinking of betraying our snake lord, work out fasted at about 18:00 and eat about 2k cals with lots of fat in it so i can bang the girl tonight too, and then continue fasting throughout my shift.

cardio while fasting, is this a stupid thing to do?

just fucking eat. if fasting is making you this neurotic you probably shouldn't fast

No. Put's you deeper into the fast.

>instinctively feel youre not fit for reproduction and that you're at the lowest level of the social hierarchy
>starve yourself

Those threads are like watching a nature documentary lol.

While you will be dying at 70, i'll be living past 100. We'll see who's laughing then.

>(((starving)))

med industry people are back again lads

Interesting, how long do you recommend to stay fasted?

Yeah I'm sure that spiking your cortisol hard regularly is good for your health. Enjoy your long life of testosterone deficiency.

>starving yourself for 3 whole hours in between meals
>not constantly having an IV drip in your arm so you never enter starvation mode

What do you lads crave more than anything while fasted?

Mine shifts around a lot. I keep a few avacados in the fridge just in case I need to break but want to stay in ketosis, so right now I'm really dying for some guacamole and corn chips.

Depends on body fat/weight. If you are lower than 14% i'd say only go a week at most. If its your very first time I'd start out with a 48h just to test the water, you may get headaches the first time.

You could also try intermittent fasting. I hear every other day is a pretty good routine.

I crave the unhealthiest shit. Pizza, desserts. I haven't eaten like that in 10 months, but fasting brings those cravings back.

bake some low carb tortillas at like 400 for 5-10 mins or until they get crispy like chips. gotta spray/rub em with oil first tho. not as good as corn chips but a decent substitute

>comparing fasting for 24hours+ regularly to waiting 3-6 hours between meals

It's that lack of glucose to your brain, ain't it?

>thinking that was the point of the post

getting brain fog from not eating for two hours big fella?

Cortisol levels are raised, but in the case of fasting this is a GOOD thing. Seeing as there is a very low amount of glucose in the bloodstream its primary function of inhibiting of glucose uptake in muscles won't have any effect, and therefore the fattening effects will be impossible. Also seeing as inflammation levels are proven to lower on a fast, cortisol obviously is affecting different pathways than its regular inflammatory ones.
Cortisol will also stimulate fat breakdown, which is exactly what we are looking for.

Oh and every time you work out you are getting similar levels of cortisol, yet people who exercise live longer. Your point is just wrong.

>having a temporary cortisol spike from lifting is the same as having your levels high for literally most hours of your life
>cortisol only affects fat breakdown, it isn't neurotoxic

Enjoy your alzheimer at 35 grandpa.

Inflammation lowers on people/rats fed a high-fat diabetogenic diet, because they take a break from a diet that is killing them. Since most of you retards are already on keto, I understand why you feel the need to fast.

I'll do IF then, I don't think ill be able to focus on campus fasted for that long.

>doing IF for the first time
>first 3 days were terrible
>headaches, constant hunger, anger
>on day 6 now
>down 5lbs and literally do not get hungry anymore
Things are going great guys I have tons of energy and am losing fat while logging over 100 hours of fasting this week so far

Good thing fasting is neuroprotective. The cortisol levels released while fasting are nowhere near neurotoxic, even for extended periods of time.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18241053
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649682/

How do you sleep?i can’t sleep

For the people who keep complaining about the lack of before and after pictures, here's mine.

Before: 56kg
After: 50kg

These results are from doing OMAD for 20 days. I consume nothing but water while fasting then eat a giant meal and some dessert.

If you wanted pictures of someone muscular then yeah, not me. I am fairly active (yoga for 1 hour + running every morning) but I am still a tiny Asian woman and wouldn't look good at all being buffed.

My legs don't even touch each other anymore and my arms look much skinnier. I have picture from a sideview as well, if anyone is interested. The results are great!

I imagine a water fast would yield even better results :)

Hopefully it's enough for you.

Even a keto diet is inflammatory (all the least so of all diets), as all digestion and foreign chemical metabolism will cause some. Fasting is a much needed break to allow repair from chronic inflammation.
also
>What is autophagy

I if this and gained it all back
Have fun

it pains me knowing that i will never get a gf like you

>break 10 day fast
>ate 1500 cal first day
>1000 second day
>remained in ketosis whole time
>took shit on third day
>weighted myself right after
> +3kg (7lb)

FUCK.
How the fuck is that possible. Someone please explain this meme to me.
> +3kg

keto is inflammatory

carnivore isn't :^)

Bad thing your study is on the effect of a single fast in a specific condition, not a lifestyle of fasting where damage will accumulate.

Have you lost any bodyfat???

Sorry, I couldn't understand what you wrote there.

Why? Just find a qt who's open minded and willing to fast with you :)
Fasting as a couple is even more fun than fasting by yourself. You can compare the results and appreciate the meal together!

I can’t sleep
Help me

Here's a 4 year study showing the lowest quartile of caloric intake has a reduction in Alzheimer's
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12164721

GIB KHAZAR MILKIES

Meditation helps.
Do you have any melatonin? I also like to take kava kava for sleep if its really bad.

fuck your gay shit

Just give up, those people won't take their heads of their asses even if you slapped them in the face with thousands of scientific studies.
These people only believe in broscience/grandmascience and will continue doing so for the rest of their life.

hi frien

u liek amime? khzakar ilmike haahaha ghhrrl n dher funy frien

This is me btw, 0 pump and about 30 hours in the fast. I do if daily but lately ive been eating like shit and dont maintain my fasting schedules so im going on a 48 to kickstart things again. Im not doing keto when I break the fast, I will eat a normal meal plus oats with honey for those low gi carbs,my workouts are 90 % cardio and bodyweight and I cant do them without some carbs. Definetely cutting back on sugar though I ate like 3 packs of oreos a day lately.

You’re so hot Omg

Fuck me

You look nearly the fucking same and any amount of caloric deficit would've given you the same result

Fucking Christ

hi frien

0 pump haahaha funy

Also I just read what I wrote and im not even 24 hours in lel . Ill post a pic after the 48 hour

amime tonite my hous

Obviously yes

I disagree and all my friends noticed my weight loss. The scale doesn't lie as well.
Maybe it's because of the picture on the before being fully clothed and of poor quality.
I didn't know I was going to get results so I didn't take a proper "before" picture.

Also, looking at this picture you can obviously tell that I am not 56kg anymore.

I don't want to do CR because I hate counting calories and prefer to eat a big meal in one sitting instead of tons of small meals throughout the day, like most CR people do.

Also, if the result is the same with OMAD and CR, then why complain about it? What matters is a healthy body and losing weight.

Sounds a lot like you just want to complain about fasting because you don't personally agree with it. Not agreeing with something doesn't mean that something is necessarily wrong or bad.

And complaining about fasting on a thread about fasting with people who support fasting is very counterproductive and a huge waste of time, don't you think?

Which is entirely different than fasting.

Reminder that fasting induces SIRT1 which is estrogenic and in turn increases the likelyhood of homosexuality.

post feet

Did you intermittent fast or 24 hour fastings?

anyone else gets palate pain when fasting?

Why did you think I wore socks for that picture? Haha

My feet are absolutely disgusting and I laugh at them everytime I see them.

But here's a glimpse of it. You asked for it, now you can't regret it lol

As I said in my post, I did OMAD (one meal a day) every day.

Which means I fasted for 23 hours and ate in 1 hour every single day.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. It's my pleasure to help others achieve their goals :)

your feet sure are ugly but i would still worship/lick them

what if my goal is to suck on them toes

Gross dude

Also gross

Of the few qualifies I have you want to worship one of my worst flaws? lol

That's cool, you slimmed down a lot. I tried 24 hour and OMAD. OMAD works for me better too, especially with all my inflammation.

It's good to hear that!

With 24 hours you mean just one day in x amount of time or Alternate Day Fasting?

I am glad OMAD helped you with your inflammation issues! How much better did it get? Maybe longer fasts could help you even more :)

Fasting is such a powerful and underrated tool. I wish more people knew about it's benefits.

so, nobody?

Dont you have shitty sister or something?
You remind me someone

how many guys have you been with?

>first we get snakers
>then we got deniers
>now we get creeps

when shall it end

Thinking of doing it but not fat. Just skinny fat if even that.
Will fasting affect how much muscle I gain? I was thinking of doing about 24 hours, so I would eat tomorrow, but IDK if I should lift the following day (monday).

It will allow you to gain more muscle than normal
It's almost a fucking cheat code, especially if you do EOD for them low-inflammation off days and super-gaining on days

Nobody who has fasted for 5 days is not on keto

>your parents will worry about you and think you are going to die and destroy your health because of vitamin deficiency

I'm an only child, haha

Why?
I've been with a few guys when I was a teen and then settled with my boyfriend for 5 years.

To be honest it is expected when women post pictures of themselves on 4chins.

Fasting boosts HGH (human growth hormone) so it will actually help you build more muscle.
Do OMAD (one meal a day) or ADF (alternate day fasting) and eat lots of protein if you wanna get lean and add some carbs if you want to bulk faster and aren't following a keto diet.

I thought you meant keto as in keto diet, not actual ketosis.

Can I vape in your pussy and call you my meme slut? I'm a pretty high-leveled faster yknow...

>YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A CUTE GF TO FAST WITH AND CUDDLE WITH

FUCK
THIS
SHIT

People who complain about fasting in these threads are probably low willpower fatties who can't bring themselves to do it.

I mean, it's so obvious, so easy... The only way they can live with themselves is to self delude into thinking there must be something wrong with it.

EOD?

>Do OMAD (one meal a day) or ADF (alternate day fasting) and eat lots of protein if you wanna get lean and add some carbs if you want to bulk faster and aren't following a keto diet.

>tfw my stomach is so elongated I can eat above my TDEE with OMAD so I have to do OMAD+ADF
I've literally won eating competitions and earned prizes.

every other day, workout and then eat right after, skip the next day's meal, and then make it to the workout the day after and have a meal after that
Literally get about a 500-600% HGH boost

Care to explain further? It seems like the opposite would happen since you aren't feeding the muscles.

Would you work out while in the fasting day in ADF for instance?

trying to spread dumb shit like this is why people won't buy into fasting

>Literally get about a 500-600% HGH boost
Would like to see some source

>not feeding the muscle
CRaPlet propoganda detected

No, protein intake directly following the workout is the highest priority and a cursory browse on pubmed can dig up the studies.

By letting your free HGH levels build up on an EOD protocol, that 5-6x normal HGH level gets sucked up into the muscles the moment you break your fast, this along with the massive bomb of protein promote explosive muscle growth

>and then settled with my boyfriend for 5 years.
>settled
Bad choice of words jackie chan

everything about this is so retarded it's almost unbelievable. icing on the cake is calling ADF 'EOD protocol'

>CRaPlet propoganda detected
Calm down, dude, I'm into fasting I just want info.

So, it would go like this:

1st day: fast
2nd day: workout (lifting, bodyweight, whatever) and eat your meal within 5 minutes of ending the exercises, then fast for the rest of the day
3rd day: fast
4th day: same as the second day

Would this work? Would this give me ultramuscle growth and maximum gains?

Would it make a difference if I'm cutting or bulking?

I thought the vape meme died a long time ago?

You will :)
Unless you are like some of those incels on r9k who hate women yet still want one, I'm sure you can get a qt GF who will fast with you!

Those fucking cucks though. Some people over there are borderline Elliot Rodger. The problem isn't their appearance. Most men can look great if they take care of their body and plastic surgery is always an option. The problem is their personality.

Most women only care about personality and money anyways.

I would've dated the Rodgs if he wasn't so retarded and deluded. He was pretty handsome, to be honest.

Exactly. I don't know why I bother sometimes. As I said in another post, those people only believe in broscience and will keep doing so forever. Don't know why most of us even bother answering these guys. Maybe some hope that they will understand people can live differently than them?

I also go over my TDEE with OMAD but still lose weight. Sometimes I eat more than 2000 calories just to see if I will still lose weight and I do.
Only time I gained was when I travelled and ate the whole day. Literally ate a huge bowl of shrimps, dumplings, a McDonald's milkshake, a Whopper with french fries, cotton candy, churros and a stuffed potato. All in one day. I gained 300g the next day.

Since I don't experience the same as you I don't really know what to say... I also don't eat keto so I can't personally recommend it.

Hopefully OMAD + ADF is good enough for you.

Well, as the Jackie Chan I am, English is not my native language, so it's entirely possible I chose the wrong word :)

Ok since nobody is responding im gonna do weights 30 hours in the fast then eat a huge meal and fast again.

can I gain weight while fasting intelligently?

>Unless you are like some of those incels on r9k who hate women yet still want one, I'm sure you can get a qt GF who will fast with you!

I do hate tumblr types, feminists and all that rancid shit, but I hope that not all women are like that so I don't hate women in general terms. Maybe the exposure to literal female human excrements has made this feeling stronger but I still haven't lost hope.

>Most women only care about personality and money anyways.
>money
feels bad man

My personality is pretty great to be honest, I've worked and sculpted it into what I wanted due to a large amount of introspection and knowing myself. I'm working on getting the body that would fit that personality. I do fear falling prey to golddiggers.

How in the fuck could you tell her race from those pics when she didn't show her face? Is this /pol/ magic?

Its called not being retarded. She said that she is asian

Ah, I didn't read that, anyway it wouldn't have anything to do with retardness but with having read her specific posts.
Thinking intelligence has anything to do with knowledge on the other hand, is pretty retarded(You).

>I do hate tumblr types, feminists and all that rancid shit, but I hope that not all women are like that so I don't hate women in general terms. Maybe the exposure to literal female human excrements has made this feeling stronger but I still haven't lost hope.

Here in Korea most women aren't like the ones in the West. There are some feminist groups but most of them are frowned upon by normal women. Women here dislike misogyny (all women do) but aren't shitty about it. Maybe you should come here :)

feels bad man

>My personality is pretty great to be honest, I've worked and sculpted it into what I wanted due to a large amount of introspection and knowing myself. I'm working on getting the body that would fit that personality. I do fear falling prey to golddiggers.

I understand your concern. Well, speaking for myself I couldn't care much about how much money a guy has. But I would take a 3/10 guy with a great personality over a 10/10 Chad who treats me like shit.
My female friends also mostly care about personality, but since Korean society puts a lot of pressure when it comes to being successful, is natural for a Korean to want to marry a Korean who's as successful as them.
Korean men only care about looks though, lol

I believe the same can be applied in the West, so there's probably not many actual golddiggers, just women who want a partner who's as successful as them.

Well, except for Tumblrinas, but they aren't even women anymore.

I mentioned on this post that I am Asian. But you probably just didn't read it.

You had the knowledge right here but you were too dumb to use it. Thats being retarded. No need to tip your fedora and go full on damage control.

>Here in Korea most women aren't like the ones in the West
>implying
Cultural expectations of the opposite sex in a relationship might be different but the nature of men and women stays the same no matter where you go.

I've heard almost nothing but horror stories from men who go to Korea or East Asia in general and get married. Perhaps part of that was because of their own expectations, but even so.