SS. Good or Bad?

It’s time we settle this
Is SS a good routine for beginners?
We’ll post the pros, cons, success and horror stories, whatever is needed to reach an answer.

its good when people actually read the book and follow the program as it was intended.
its bad when you swap power cleans for rows, never actually do the chinups and do gomad/eat insane amounts of calories despite already being 20% bf

If you want to get strong, it's bar none the best program.

Fuck your aesthetics

Shit is this real?
True I guess, only have the basic routine but would like to read a pdf of it
> also PDFs of these but hey whatever

you can download the book on the pirate bay m8.

I’m kinda scared of Pirate Bay though
Don’t want viruses and shit

The phone app is 9 USD and includes the book (and videos)

This nigga

what are you a middle aged woman or a 13 year old boy?

Bad because the muscles grow quicker than the attached ligaments and joints can adapt, fucking you up in the long run. Too much weight too quickly leads to too many injuries. Especially with beginners who almost universally have shit form.

don't judge me i have had some bad experiences okay
anyway if you guys have a pdf then fine

>Squatting every workout
It's retarded

275x3x5 bench on a linear progression program

that type of progress really had nothing to do with the program, and everything to do with you being a fucking freak of nature (if that's you)

comparatively very weak deadlift though
it's fine, your choice of beginner program is not all that important really

just add some curls and you're golden

>just add some curls and you're golden
dont see why people say this when the program has chinups. for a novice that ought to be enough for bicep development.

because it's such a low effort, low recovery cost exercise that does so much for your bicep development that there is absolutely no (zero, nada) reason not to just stop being a fucking petulant autist and do your curls

same goes for stuff like lateral raises, rear delt raises/face pulls, it's all low effort shit with a disproportionately high aesthetic payoff so you might as well just do it

Cons: t-rex mode

I did starting strength for almost 2 1/2 years and have awesome results

It is bad. Nothing wrong with doing it tho. But if you are going to do it please do correctly.

SS is great if you read the book and do the program properly. It's not just squat, bench/press, deadlift/power clean as Veeky Forums would have you believe.

>ITT: people who have actually done SS and say good things about it

>YNDTP faggots who never read the book who talk shit

Legs got way too big because I got obsessed with squatting

It's good for about 5-8 weeks, until they master the movements and gain the muscle memory to do them properly

After that it is not optimal

Good if

>are a gym noob
>follow the program/have a strength coach modify the program for you
>have a coach show you proper form so you don't snap
>aren't expecting to get much bigger or stronger, just build a strength foundation
>don't do gomad
>plan to upgrade your program as soon as you have some decent lifts

SS will not make you a powerhouse or aesthetic, and if you don't do the program right you will at best waste time, and at worst fuck your body up.

Is 1/2/3/4 a good strength base?

Lots of exercises are low effort, doesn’t mean you should add them all.

Pullups and chin-ups are perfectly adequate for a beginner. Adding curls won’t even necessarily grow your arms faster.

Much lower than that will suffice. don't expect to go from dyel to those stats over the course of a couple of months. An exact answer depends on your body composition and your progress in the gym.

you sound like an alan thrall autistic faggot.

Biceps, rear delts and lateral raises can be trained every other day and grow. Also
>exercises with 80% EMG activation won't grow ur arms faster than exercises where it's a synergist

biceps are low effort, high aesthetic pay-off. Rear and Lateral heads of the delt are notoriously hard to develop, but can have direct work done every other day which over the course of LP will result in noticeable delt development, which will make the OHP much safer.

What exactly is a good strength base then? Maybe compare to some EXRX strength standards?

>he's no squatting every workout
have fun not making it

strength base is a meme concept. there is only a continuum of strength progression. you could differentiate between the novice phase and the intermediate phase based on your ability to make progress on workout-to-workout basis but the exact point where it stops will depend on plethora of factors relating to you as an individual.
as for the general discussion, SS is too barebones and too dogmatic. If i were starting out again id do something closer to Alex's writeup.

>SS is too barebones and too dogmatic
It is like that for a reason. No reason to waste your time on accessories when you could be getting stronger.