3 day routine

Rate/ Fix/ Change my routine. Been doing it for a few months, I think it lacks shoulder and core. Time to change it up..
Deadlift
Squat
Calf Raises Smith Machine (Outer & Inner Rotation)
Leg Extension
Side Crunch
Leg Curl
Seated Crunch Machine

Bench Press/ Decline Bench Press
Cable Pushdown V-bar
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Lying Triceps Extension
Chest Press Machine (Normal & Parallel Grip)
Peck Deck Fly
Cable Pushdown Rope

Static Pull-up
Barbell Curl
T-bar Row Close Grip
Preacher Curl
Lat Pulldown Wide Grip
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Curl
Shoulder Press Machine (Normal & Parallel Grip)
Dumbbell Shrug
Lateral Dumbbell Raise

I was thinking of legs/ push/ pull
Barbell Front Squat/ Barbell Lunges
Romanian Deadlift/ Barbell Good Mornings
Barbell Standing Calf Raises
Weighted Crunches/ Weighed Hanging Leg Raises

Dumbbell Flat Bench Press/ Barbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press/ Barbell Push Press
Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions/ Barbell Close-Grip Bench Press

Deadlifts/ Snatch Grip Deadlift
Pull-up/ Cable Row
Dumbbell Seated Bicep Curls/ Barbell Preacher Curls

Better?

this is meant to be a 6 day a week routine right

right

dont brosplit on 3 days unless you double up

double up on what? reps?
so you're saying stay on body part split routine?
or maybe upper/lower/upper

can you literally only hit the gym three times a week?

cut out leg extensions, add hip thrusts

add dips to 2

gotta change up how you hit biceps. they need more frequency, maybe add curls to 1

could add really heavy rack pulls to 3 to overload

yeah I'm afraid that's all I can do, time and money wise.
So you're saying just stay on the same with slight changes as you mentioned?
I was thinking adding up one of the shoulders to 1 and abs to 3, maybe biceps to 2.. just to make those things more frequent..
thanks for suggestions bro!

those are my suggestions to the OP routine yeah, to be honest there's other changes i would do like moving deadlift to 3, adding front squats to 1, change any ab work to an ab wheel / athlean-x's style of core workout (don't know the name of that, push up position, pulling knees to chest, with potential variation), and adding your favorite form of rows to 3

i personally think there's just too much going on, but since you seem to be an intermediate lifter focusing on bodybuilding, and need your isolations, your options are limited with the 3 day restriction

oh and dips are really all you need for triceps, just weight them, but it might interfere with your 3 being so shoulder focused

Oh I seem to leave the wrong impression, I'm by no means anything over beginner, been lifting for only a year now.
I get what you're saying by too much going on, I just slapped things loosely keeping shit together to achieve legs/core, chest/triceps, back/biceps/shoulders routine, and making shit interesting to me..
I hate dips, I feel them too much in the shoulders, like painful feeling so I must stop them before I feel like I did anything to triceps.I have kinda bad right shoulder, so that also fucks with my bench progression..
I know what you mean by athean-x style core, I've recently watched him explain it..

staying interested in your workout is important, it maintains a mentality that allows high intensity

just make sure you are putting all of your focus into every work out you choose to include, can't half ass your reps while thinking about which set is next

with your restrictions, focusing on goal and planning is vital. so if you just want aesthetics, you can tweak which work outs you choose for that. obviously you need good isolations for body building, and high volume, but with such low frequency, you have difficulties arising with things like biceps which require high reps for volume, high frequency, but recovery very quickly. lifting less often lends itself towards heavy compounds, like a focus on bench, squat, and deadlifts.

please correct me if you aren't trying to bodybuild, and reaffirm with what your goal is

To this effect though... What would be a good Tuesday Thursday Friday routine for a beginner weightlifter? I am 6'00" and lean from biking / running MWF and ice hockey on the weekends but not very strong.

greyskull LP or make up a good gzcl split for yourself

My goal is to not look like a skinnyfat slob anymore, but I can't say I aim to be a super heavy power lifter, it's more of an aesthetics thing..
Can you say, as a rule of thumb, which muscles require more frequent exercises (like biceps), so I can think of a way to include them more often?

quick info
>bodybuilding : aesthetics
>powerlifting / strength : numbers
>weightlifting : numbers in a certain way, also death

legs recover easily and quickly, but aren't the most important for bodybuilding

you can work more muscles than you think, and might want to look into more full body routines with at least full days of rest between gym trips with your restriction, because hitting a body part / muscle once a week does not yield the results most people want

try to simplify the isolations down, and have some sort of alternation so that say, week A you'll do an particular exercise twice, but week B you'll do it once, and a different one twice, and alternate the weeks A and B, similar to how the greyskull program alternates bench press and OHP

this is a beginner / intermediate exercise reminder i made up for example, it's kinda a representative template for how you'd want to alternate within your limitations and has room for change, like how the "ups" on monday, and the rows on friday are basically interchangeable, with very similar purpose, but make the workout more interesting and mixed

I've been doing greyskull but it doesn't feel challenging enough. Any additional varient?

basically, what fucks me the most is the fact I have the whole week pause between certain muscle groups and that simply isn't enough..
and I have way too much of everything, mostly isolations, that can go/ be repeated as you said by week A and B...

If you're new, this is all you need to do for 3-6 months:
>start SS
>Show up every workout
>focus on your form. Use warmup sets to improve form, watch videos, buy Starting Strength 3rd edition and read up.

>add chins and dips to the routine about 1 month in; later if necessary.

All you need to do is build the habit, and get your form down. You want real progress, the kind of progress that changes who you are. That's a long term deal. If you buckle down, you'll be noticeably fit in 1 year, and absolutely hacked in 2 (according to normies, of course. 2 years and you'll be leaving DYEL according to Veeky Forums.)

And always remember
>eat
>sleep

Day 1
Squat
Bench
Chinups/pullups
Lat raises
LTEs
Hypertensions/RDLs/Good mornings

Day 2
Deadlifts
OHP
Rows
Cgbp
Curls
Abs

Repeat ad infinitum

greyskull isn't necessarily a strict plan, it's like a barebones template and an introduction into structuring your own routine

you can add anything to it, as long as you are alternating muscle groups for proper rest and paying attention to your body.

planning is one of the absolute most important things for both routines and diets. like i said though, lifting less often lends itself towards more compounds, higher intensities. even if you go five times a week, but only hit most muscles once a week, without insane volume or highest intensity, you are just doing resistance cardio.

I've started with SS, for like 3 months, kinda felt like all I'm doing is squat and deadlift.. so I started adding up and moving things around and ended up with the routine in the OP...
As I said, I'm now lifting for 1 year, can't say I really hugely look more fit, but I'm definitely stronger in my lifts. Also, I kinda stopped dieting properly at 6month mark since I lost like 10kg and I'm now really on the lowest weight I wanna go with my height, so I haven't really continued losing fat to notice the possible muscle I built over last year..

resistance cardio is a nice way of putting it. I'm gonna work on the routine to double up on my main exercises over the week with alternating the "doubling", and insert some of the isolations here and there in between..

eat big. lift big. plan big. good luck.

I threw this together a while ago for a Mon/Wed/Fri workout but I found it was too much volume for one day and took about three hours.

OHP 3x5
OHP 3x10
Bench 3x5
Bench 3x10
Row 3x5
Row 3x10
DL/Squat (Alternate) 3x5
DL/Squat (Alternate) 3x10

CalfRaise 3x10
Shrug 3x10
NeckCurl 3x10
Curl 3x10

Superset
LatRaise 3x10
CloseGripBench 3x10
WristRoll 3x10
AbWheel 3x10

Pullup 3x10
Chinup 3x10

A
Squat 4x4
Bench 4x4
Row 4x4
RDL 4x8
OHP 4x8
Chinups 4x8

B
Squat 4x8
OHP 4x4
Chinups 4x4
RDL 4x4
Bench 4x8
Row 4x8

Can't do normal deadlifts due to not having enough plates

Also would neutral grip pullups or chinups be better for back development?

do 2 sets of both ya poofter

How the fuck do you do so much? How long have you been lifting? I'm spent after bench press, squats, rows/chins.

Why can't I just pick one?

I'm just used to it I guess, I'm training hard like I wouldn't be able to push out another rep on my last set of each. I've been training 4 months serious, first 2 months SL and next 2 PPL 6x a week until two weeks ago due to schedule change so I might be used to the higher volume maybe, I did get serious cramps and stuff when I switched from PPL to SL so it probably is, just force yourself to do more and really reduce the weight if you have to, your body will get used to it. Also so much? It takes me an hour twentyish if I start with stretching, short running warmup as well as warmup sets for first three exercises AND ab work at the end

To you

because none of them is superior and you will still end up doing the same amount of sets

Fair enough but wouldn't it be better to pick one to focus on progression?

do whatever you like

Starting my new routine tonight
All five sets of between 10,12,or 15

Three days a week
Light Cardio 20 minutes
Curls
Reverse curls
Lawnmower pulls
Shrugs
Hammer curls
Overhead press

5k jog
20 minute cooldown

Squats
Bench
Pullups, chinups, parallels

Fourth Day
16 minute two mile

What can i expect from this after two months? I wanna be Kreig Mode

nigga keep adding weight to bar and then tell me that the amrap sets are no longer challenging

if u can only go 3 days a week and have intermediate lifts, I'd recommend full body intensity/volume/light

Squat
Deadlift
Power Clean
Bench Press
Overhead Press
Barbell Curl
Front Squat
Skull Crushers

15min light cardio

get out of beds
light switch turn ons
showers