Is acne genetic or is it primarily determined by hygiene?

is acne genetic or is it primarily determined by hygiene?

the only reason i ask is because there are some cute and fun girls that go to the video game club at my college and i think they are cute but they have acne:

if its due to genetics then i'm down to try to make a move but my fear is that its due to hygiene so i'm kindof scared if they are unwilling to wash their faces then i can only imagine how smelly their vaginas are.

do you guys know?

Smelly vagina is best vagina you low T faggot

hormonal, so environmental and genetic, but not really hygeine. open sores from popped pimples can get infected, though.

The guy I’m seeing had acne when he was a teen, he’s very insecure (I didn’t know this his friend who’s an older friend of mine told me)

He is very insecure and thinks he isn’t attractive but holy shit Veeky Forums he is perfect in every way possible, he doesn’t think he’s good enough for me (my friend said so ) I was always attractive my whole life so I can’t really understand how he cant see how good looking he is (I have issues and unstable is the catch) but I’m working on them. Im really trying (clingy and abandonment issues too) I’m crazy about him but i have to keep myself presentable and stable and stuff

Anyone insecure guys here? Tips on how to make him feel more comfortable and happy please

>Anyone insecure here
lol

Lmao

if you were attractive your whole life you don't belong here
this board is for ugly ducklings only

dial bar soap 2-3 times a day can usually take care of acne

It's probably more due to diet after 18

I thought this didnt apply to me but then I remembered I got acne at 13 and was fat

You're meant to close your pores with cold water after you showered before sleep.
Acne is mostly hormonal+genetic+diet

If your parent had awful cystic acne you will most likely have it.

Genetic i would say. I Shower every third Day or so and ive never dealt with terrible acne/nasty skin

Insecurity is Veeky Forums's raison d'etre

I said i have issues

I get acne if I don't wash my face enough.

I thought it was for fitness

Won't that dry your skin out to the point that it cracks and gets infected?

>I thought it was for fitness
you really are new huh?

Yes. That guy is a fucking idiot. Ignore him.

>anyone insecure guys here

that is GOLD

Idk just tell him about some meme medicine for acne, then after he starts using it lie to him.saying that he's facing is looking far better every week.

Btw i'm insecure about my awfull teeth, not being able to do 'male tasks' and about my thin, small, ugly penis.

his face*

Sauce?

its a genetic thing but it does not trigger on it own.

You need to eat milk or sugar regularly for the genetic part to kick in and make the skin cells go on overdrive.

Tfw my dick is small and thin but looks beautiful as fuck

It’s a mixture of genetic, dietary and hygienic. Dairy, milk in particular causes acne, greasy high fat fast foods also contribute to a lesser degree, as does not using some sort of natural hydrating facial cleanser. I haven’t had a pimple in months since I stared eating healthier and kept my dairy to one cup of chocolate milk, two slices of cheese and one serving of Greek yogurt a day. Whereas before I drank a lot of whole milk and ate high sodium fast foods I had pimples and Whitehead’s all the time with greasy skin, anyway use this face wash every day in the shower and lightly rub it on your face, truly the only one I’ve used where it cleans and simultaneously hydrated my face.

>clingy
that's not an issue, i'd kill for a clingy gf instead of typical "yeah i don't care" woman

CeraVe is magic. The foaming cleanser and the tub moisturizer, along with a salicylic acid pad, have kept my face completely acne free.

Do you guys use this before or after you shave?

I'm neither of those two anons, but I personally use a charcoal mask after I shave now, and the amount of acne I get has reduced dramatically.

It can be a combination of both. 90% of the time it's genetic and hormonal.

Genetic and hormonal

That being said, I highly HIGHLY recommend accutane if you've got it bad and it won't go away. I took it and it was easily the best decision I've ever made.

>anyone insecure here
thanks for the kek

This must be bait

Quit drinking dairy and I guaruntee you will have little to no acne within 1-3 weeks, as long as you don’t have some kinda disease.

If I've shaved that day, after. Wet shaving has allowed me extremely close shaves, so I only shave every two or three days. If I have shaved that day, I skip the cleanser and instead clean the skin with a witch hazel and aloe solution before applying the moisturizer. Otherwise, it is clean face with cleanser, use clearsil pads, then follow with moisturizer, morning and night.

How can I find a moisturiser that wont fuck up my face?

Unfortunately, this is a trial and error situation. Everyone's skin is different, but CeraVe products would be a good place to start. Gentle, non-greasy, easy to find. What have you used in the past?

>I Shower every third Day or so
Nice bro

is this THAT much of a miracle worker
you might have convinced me to try it out

I became an ugly duckling while on this board, funnily enough. I was Chad in highschool when I started browsing, then I got throat fucked by acne and I'm only JUST recovering

This will work for some, but you definitely can not guarantee it. I had severe cystic acne and I went off Dairy for 2 months with no results. Accutane is the only thing that worked and I tried literally everything. It is really annoying when peopie assume that just because it worked for them means it will work for everybody.

Can you show me?

HBO show Girls

Acne is genetic. However by treating it with both general hygiene and specific products you can get rid of it.

Does whey count?

>is acne genetic or is it primarily determined by hygiene?

Neither.

Acne is almost always diet or hormone related. A hormonal imbalance could be caused by diet or stress.
There is a reason a lot of people can lower their acne by consuming less greasy food and dairy.

It depends. For some people, it is entirely down to hygiene. For others, it is almost entirely genetic.

Both can be solved with proper medication and hygiene.

I had really bad acne until I turned 15 and got on benzoyl peroxide. Best decision I have ever made.

Sure, I looked like I had a super bad sunburn for a bit over a week, but after all of the skin had finished peeling, I was whitehead and essentially acne free.

It also helped with blackheads, if anyone cares.

The only place i get acne now is my shoulders.

Ever since i started cold showers and moisturising after showering its died down a lot, its still kinda scarred up but oh well.

open bobs

show us pls

>benzoyl peroxide
goooood shit. been using it for about a month and my skin looks a lot better.

t. Never had a single pimple

KEK

I need some advice.

>starting to get into a thing with this girl I have liked for ages
>really really don't want to fuck it up
>she has just started opening up to me
>we kissed recently for the first time
>she's coming over tonight

But my skin has been getting really bad. I used to have pretty good skin, but recently it looks like shit. I am so fucking worried that it isn't going to improve. I'm on antibiotics, drink about 4 liters of water a day. Shower and exfoliate with a mild soap. Don't touch dairy, eat a healthy diet, not much fruit sugars, lots of veggies.

Now, should I tell her about the problem? Or should I just ignore it unless she asks? I really don't want to fuck this up bros.

i just got back from doc, and he prescribed me 'doxycycline' in like under a minute. here's hoping, because acne kills all self confidence for me, even when lifting.

Idiots all of you, accutane is only thing that works with severe acne, only reason u say anything else is bcs u never had alot.

Same.

But hygiene does play a big part. Just because you shower every third day doesn't mean you're a slob.

I assume you wash your hands? Keep your bedding clean? Wash your face before bed and after its been coveres in sweat? Aren't constantly rubbing your face with your hands?

Largely genetic, can be slightly controlled with diet and creams.

It will entirely vanish once people hit their late 20s/early 30s so dont think its going to be there forever.

speaking from experience, this is right

>Anyone insecure guys here?

any eurobros know of a similar alternative?

that's one long way to say ''asking for a friend''

Just like things like cancer it's mostly genetic combined with environmental affects (diet, hygiene). I personally had tons of dairy (half gomad) and terrible hygiene and only ever got a single pimple at a time.

acne has nothing to do with soap you simpleton. in fact washing your face too often with soap might even cause acne breakouts because soap makes you skin thinner and thus more sensitive. as for the cause of acne it's a combination of genetics, hormonal issues, eating (poultry, dairy are very bad from my experience) and lifestyle (like not sleeping enough etc).

I stopped washing my face with all the kinds of meme soaps, started showering like every 2 days, using only bars of soap and only conditioning my hair every 4-5 days. My problems have vanished honestly, i get the odd pimple here and there but nothing crazy. Meanwhile before my face would always be fucked up and red etc, i still don't have the greatest skin but i never have pulsating horrible pimples anymore that you can see a mile away.

>tfw no low self confidence came gf
IT'S NOT FAIR I JUST WANT SOMETHING TO LOVE

thank you alot user

>Anyone insecure here
delet this

While on the topic of skin care, any tips on getting rid of black heads on my nose and shrinking my pores?

Make sure you moisturize after you shower. Dry skin can cause breakouts. Vanicream and CeraVe both make good good moisturizers.

post proofs

18, my brothers had disgusting acne and I've had none my entire life. However I also had scaly reptilian eczema as a child, so the pubescent oiliness and scaliness probably cancelled each other out.

Spoken like someone who’s never had a clingy gf.
Shit drains your life and soul. I love my girl but sometimes I wish she could hate me a little so I can have some fucking space. I ducking love with the girl and it’s not enough.
Also never succumb to them. They will hate you and get bored of you if you actually give in and spend all day with them. 2 people seeing nothing but each other all day will make em a little crazy

He has to be the one to put in the work to be less sensitive about that shit. You're not his mom, you're his partner. I can tell you from experience that an unequal relationship is doomed to fail and if he doesn't think he deserves you, there's a long road ahead for you two if he decides he doesn't want to think that way anymore and an even longer road that ends in unhappiness if he never changes.

Its like shes never been here before

Yeah it's always funny when you read posts like I want a girl that's clingy as fuck or is completely sheltered and a virginal goddess because it tells you they've never gone through the stupid shit involved with those situations.

This. I had such a high dose, I molted the skin off my bellend many times and my lips were shredded and constantly bleeding but it did the trick. But I still get it on my shoulders

Just suck his dick jesus it's not hard you don't need to finesse this

my dick is long, thick and every girl has called it perfect. stay mad fatty.

Gonna post what has worked for me because I sympathize with the acne-prone Veeky Forumsizen. Acne almost negates all the hard work we put into our bodies.
Let me preface this by saying that I've been battling absolutely disgusting acne on the face and body for years now, to the point of being embarrassed to go outside, and taking off my shirt was a definite no-no. Also, the methods that have been working for me, you'll notice, have only been in the short term, so this isn't 100% conclusive. That said, these past two weeks I've had the most dramatic skin gainz I think I've ever had in my entire life.

HIGH EFFECTIVENESS:
>No Fap
I think this is the cornerstone of my skin gains, and the other methods compliment it, rather than vice versa
>Cold Showers
No need to be masochistic about it. Do your actual cleaning in slightly uncomfortable lukewarm water, then rinse with colder but bearable water
>No Soap
Only use soap on the armpits, ass, and benis

LITTLE TO NO EFFECT:
>Changing pillowcase often
>Salicylic acid
>Drinking a lot of water (I still do it anyway)
>Every moisturizer/cream under the sun
>Every home remedy under the sun

I know what has worked for me is very meme-y, but this is for those of us who are genetically predisposed to acne and haven't had anything work. Don't knock it until you try it

I think mostly genetic/hormones

I'm 26 and still suffer from acne, only now I get a lot more cystic acne. I've got scars all over my back and some on my face, so despite the fact I have an athletic body I don't look for an excuse to take my shirt off.

I'm trying to go to a dermatologist to get prescribed accutane so I can finally end the nightmare. The damage is done, but I seem to get waves of acne here and there.

For women acne can go as far as menopause, usually genetic, hormonal, if anything those women probably wash their faces more then u.

Going certain birth control pills can help women get rid of acne or lessen the effects of it. I know you can eat cleanest and still break out like no tomorrow if it's hormonal.

gfd tumbler posts are a good start.

Above all, make sure he has a group of people in his life like you. Functional. It keeps people on the downlow.

Sali acid works works magic for most ppl, problem it also comes with other irritating ingridients and fragrances. For me only 9% sali acid works from Paula's choice.
A lot of acne treatments in drug stores are still pure crap for the skin.
Just like with cream you must know your skin type and able to read what ingredients in the cream not to make it worse.
Don't buy into claims, you need to do your own homework.

People don't think about their hair when they talk about changing pillows. If you someone who doesn't wash hair everyday could be major source of bacteria.