Whats the difference between Wisdom and Intelligense? Can a brainlet be wise

Whats the difference between Wisdom and Intelligense? Can a brainlet be wise

Attached: 1521635080067.png (400x388, 80K)

Knowledge is knowing that tomates are fruits.
Wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad.

Intelligence is cognitive ability, wisdom is cognition + experience

A 17 year old can be brilliantly intelligent, but no 17 year olds are wise.

I'd say you don't have to be too intelligent to be wise, but you have to make an effort to learn about the world and people in your experience.

fpbp

Yes, you can wise and dumb, or smart and foolish. Wisdom is about taking the right lessons from life, intelligence is about pattern recognition, there is some overlap but they are essentially independent variables.

Pleb opinion

Of course, all pre-1800 philosopheres were brainlets if we're talking about pool of knowledge.

Please elaborate

Attached: 1521894245993.png (200x225, 64K)

Not that semi human fucktard, but the scientific understanding we have of the world today makes a lot of the philosophy of the ancient world moot.

Intelligence is the ability to learn new information synthetically or analytically. Wisdom is the road to happiness

Let's be real man, your average teenager with goldfish attention spans has more valuable information in their heads compared to the ruminating mental masturbation that Socrates or Aristotle ever had.

The average teenager doesn't know a fucking thing. But knowledge is not intelligence OR wisdom, Aristotle didn't know what the sun was or how diseases worked, but he was nonetheless intelligent and wise. Knowledge can certainly help, it certainly matters in terms of being effective, but it's only correlated with intelligence and wisdom, it's not causative or necessary.

I heard the lime "Intelligence is knowing the answer, wisdom is knowing the question" once. Dunno if it was just some pseudo or if he was on to something.

Thank you for proving to the class that you don't know what wisdom or intelligence is. Information is not intelligence.

Retard

I would say knowing the answer is closer to wisdom, not in a raw facts kind of way, but in knowing whihc of the options you have is going to have the best outcomes in the long term.

That was literally my point you illiterate Keep romanticising beardy men who didn't knew how food turned into poop.

Memes to give phillsotards some sort of sagelike profile.

Wise brainlets are people who reached enlightenment of human mind.
Inteligence is plebian opinion that should always be discarded.

Charisma is convincing others to do it anyway

Intelligence is good for wizards. Wisdom is a good stat for clerics and druids.

Intelligence = general ability to sift through data and find relevant information.

Wisdom = general ability to extrapolate the relevant information into farther reaching conclusions. Usually only seen with experience.

The two go together most of the time.

>Can a brainlet be wise
yes
oftentimes brainlets are MORE wise
wisdom is closer to common sense than high level reasoning, which is still important of course, just different