What do you wear when you squat and deadlift? I just got some Chuck Taylor's since I've heard they are pretty good

What do you wear when you squat and deadlift? I just got some Chuck Taylor's since I've heard they are pretty good.

I only lift in these mangy pair of chucks I've had since the dawn of time, perfect gym shoes 2bh

>squat
Adipowers
>deadlift
Mark Bell clown shoes.

Chuck Taylors are fine, but not the only option. Cheap ass flat soled shoes are fine regardless of brand. I've heard good things about Van's classics with the sole torn out and replaced with a stiff insole (like the super feet brand).

those black vans with a brown sole

Just got a pair from a Singles' Day sale, excited to try them out tomorrow.

Yep, my lifting shoes are a 10 year old pair of Chucks

do shoes matter that much for squat/DL? I have a pair of jordans I bought once because I really needed new shoes that day and all footlocker had in my size were them but they are pretty flat so I wonder if they would be good.

>squat
pic related normal everyday shoes
>deadlift
$5 flat thin shoes from walmart

Barefoot because I'm not a fucking faggot wearing shoes specifically for a lift.

Nano 7

Nano!

oh user, its all fun and games till the gym police tell you that shoes are required at all times.

i squat in adipowers and deadlift in socks

same here but i got wei-ruis

>long femurs
>slow start on diddlies
>crazy long arms

thinking of getting some weightlifting shoes, and even using them for deadlifting since my arms are so long and i think the extra quad activation will help more than being a quarter inch lower

opinions?

I (lowbar) squat in my powerlift 3.0's. I highbar and front squat in my adipowers. I deadlift in my Nike flats that I have no idea what they actually are.

Goofy boy shoes

They don't sell lifting shoes in my third world country
Using chucks is banned

So i just use some cheamp reebook shoes, less than ideal but it's something

Home gym = win

>using chucks is banned
wait what

>Using chucks is banned
For what purpose?

You also can't compete without shoes so its good to get your practice in wearing what you'd wear to a competition

Can you not wear DL socks to compete? It's pretty much the same as barefoot, little less traction but it doesn't really matter if your barpath is how it's supposed to be.

I am you.

An old pair of low top chuck knockoffs. A lot of normie friends have critisized my shoe choice, but don't seem to get why I can keep my balance and they can't.

Don't forget to warm up user! Wouldn't want you going right to 2pl8! It could be dangerous! :^)

Pair of memecons2, jokes aside they're good.

what u mean by this

lurk more

>shoes with padding, arch or heel support used to be considered athletic
little things like this help me to stop romanticizing life before i was born

Some shitty adidas skate shoes that have been my designated skating and lifting shoes for the last year. Effectively the same thing as chucks bc flat soles

Same. Whenever I run in my Nike Tanjuns I imagine how fucked my feet would be if I wore chucks

I got some NB 623 autism shoes but I'd rather whack myself in the head with a hammer than run in flats instead.

>Daughter is probably dating some mulignan
>Mass immigration is killing the west
>Degeneracy is endorsed widely by the media
>Transgenders being elected to positions of power
>A small international tribe controls the narrative, money, and social policies of most of the world
"At least my feet don't hurt"

623s look pretty autismo but I really want a pair of 574s for everyday wear (current is Nike borough mids, pic related) so I guess I have no room to talk

Boroughs don't look all that bad tbqhfam. Probably wouldn't even think twice if I saw them.
Lifted in my work boots and jeans once when I was at a jobsite and couldn't fall asleep in the hotel.
How do pajeets do it? I was extremely uncomfortable.

Take off your shoes to deadlift dumbass

Yeah I love them: comfy, light, decent ankle support, not too noticeable. They’ve still got decent life left in them, maybe another few months of wear

After my autism 623s kick the bucket I'll probably look into some Nike high tops. Having autism shoes means I can only wear them at the gym and even then they're the most autistic thing there.

Do you think it's a dickhead move to go into a shoe store and get measured for the right size of shoe that I want then buy it online? Yeah, it probably is.

Go away /pol/

No :^)

Steel toe boots.

I only have two pairs of shoes: everyday and Sunday best.

I’ve never bought shoes online, so I wouldn’t know. I only order stuff online when it’s not available in a store, because I hate waiting a few days for it to ship. Plus I like being able to hold and look at the physical item instead of a picture before I decide to purchase

adipowers

>comes from /pol/ to Veeky Forums to spread /pol/ ideas and make Veeky Forums adopt /pol/ values
>complains when muslims supposedly go from the middle east to europe to spread muslim ideas and make europe adopt muslim values

sounds like /pol/ to me

not a /pol/fag, but theyre all correct except the murdoch murdoch, liberty, flat earth, crypto jew and uncreative asian ones.

Chucks of course. I get two pairs of laces that are a little too short and thread them like pic related. this way I get to tighten the midfoot like those expensive Oly shoes that clamp shut.

Flat earth Alt righters are just sinead McCarthy's nuts

>white chucks
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I have the same build and felt like pulling in my oly shoes was better. Got to be slightly more upright.
Then I switched to sumo and got way stronger immediately.

Adidas powerlift 3.0 for squat and bench
Adidas havoc boxing boots for deadlift

I don’t like chucks for lifting but they’re an ok substitute for the above

Use the same just the cheap canvas model from h&m

Enjoy being shorter than everyone else since Chuck's got no padding.

What kind of manlet complaint is that.

>wearing shoes for the sake of looking taller
hey guys check out the manlet

Original Cons would be better since the Cons II have a soft insole. Cons II are great otherwise.

>squat and deadlift
Sandals and jean shorts.

Lightweight baby!

Your feet are just weak and soft from all the years of overly supportive shoes. Condition your feet and they will able to withstand far more stress like nothing. The extra feedback and shoe flexibility become enhancements.

wrestling shoes

why are white people so lame?

Did you just assume my race?

The non-athletes favorite shoe of all time

a girl in class wore these once right beside me. jerked off to it and she didn't notice

Fucking this. I have socks on assholes leave me be.

I have never had this happen, but I am still wearing my socks so it's not like I am barefoot.

Ditto

In the last couple years I have frequented three separate gyms, and never once have I been told not to remove my shoes

Of course
>that one time I dropped a 45lbs plate on my toe

A shoe might have mitigated the damage some