How in the actual fuck do you lift < 1 hour yet hit all your muscles?!

I am at the gym on average 2+ hours and I have legit no idea how some of you all can get done with your workouts so quick. I take 30-60 second breaks between each sets so I'm not just dicking around while I lift either. Here's my routine:

>Day 1
Quads:
4x6 box squats
3x8 Leg press superset with 20 second wall sits
3x10 (hold on 10th rep for 10 seconds) leg curls

Glute/Hams:
3x10 lightweight deadlifts
3x10 (hold for 10 seconds on the 10th rep) weighted hyperextensions
3x10 reverse leg curls

Calves:
2x20 straight calf raises
2x20 toes pointed in calf raises
2x20 toes pointed out calf raises

Abs:
3x10 decline weighted crunch
3x10 decline weighted crunch (sideways)
3x10 weighted leg lifts on flat bench
3x20 weighted hang leg lifts
3x10 flat bench crunches
4x50 bycycle crunches

>Day 2
Chest:
4x8 Incline bench barbell
3x10 Incline bench dumbell
3x10 cable flyes
4x10 Decline bench barbell superset with 4x10 diamond pushups
3x10 Decline bench dumbbell superset with midway cable crossover flyes
3x20 low cable crossover flyes

Triceps:
3x8 Close grip bench
3x10 skullcrushers
3x10 straight arm rope pulldown
3x10 reverse grip tricep pushdown

>Day 3
Lats:
4x10 Lat pulldown
3x10 cable workout (Idk what its called but it widens your lats)
4x10 Single arm bent over rows

Biceps:
4x8 Drop set barbell curls (3 times)
3x10 Dumbbell curls while holding one arm in air
3x10 cable curls with bar attachment
3x20 cable curls where arms are in air flexing

Day 4:
Delts
4x8 OHP
3x10 Sitting OHP (lightweight)
3x6 Arnolds
3x10 Front barbell raise superset with behind the head OHP and side lateral raises dumbells

Traps:
3x8 barbell shrugs
3x10 dumbbell shrugs
3x10 sitting lateral raises ending rep above head (not sure actual name)

>Day 5
rest

>Day 6
Quads
Glute/hams
calves
abs

>Day 7
Lats
Biceps

Let me know how to hit as much as possible while saving as much time as possible.

Wtf

What??

You have too many different exercises. You're not supposed to do specialized exercises for every muscle in your body. It is the most efficient however, but not even bodybuilders have time or patience for that shit.

you're joking right? why the fuck do you have like 5 different routines per muscle per day lmao

because I like to lift and only have two classes a week at 6 at night and don't work. I got a lot of time on my hands.

Which lifts are the least effective and should I take out?

What if I have the time right now, though, and willing to do it? Is it bad what I'm doing?

Half of that shit you don't need and the other half can be done in Supersets my man.

Can't really be bothered going through it all if I'm honest but it looks like you've just fallen for the more sets equals more gains meme.

No mention of a traditional back squat, front squat, deadlift or just a good ol fashioned flat barbell bench, yet you've got 3 exercises for calves which is defined by where your toes point and you've got two days for biceps.

You're either new to the gym, bodybuilding.com's biggest fan or this is bait.
Can't decide.

If you have a lot of free time, use it to read about bodybuilding, im not trying to offend you, read at least arnold's bodybuilding guide and learn to cook.

Not to mention if you're really hitting all those exercises you mentioned, that would definitely take like 2+ hours and your TDEE is probably fucked compared to your daily caloric intake and your diets probably falling short too

Too much... is this your job? Do you have a job? Do you have a life outside gym and job?

I grill a fuck ton. Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken, steak. I eat a lot of meats.

Not offended thanks m8

It's only bad if you're not eating enough for your goals really.
The post comes off like you're complaining about being there so long so we all think you're 'tarded because your routine is longer than the Bible.
However, if you don't have a problem with being in the gym for as long as you are, the answer to your question is you simply do more than the rest of us (and more than what's necessary at your experience level) and that's why It takes a long time.

lmfao
>same 19 sets for abs and legs
>20 for chest
>11 for lats
>25 for arms

bro please understand this routine is all kinds of fucked up scrap like 50-70% then switch the movements to compound movements without the fluff bullshit, then scrap another 30-50%

I superset two muscle groups without taking a break at all.

>box squats
>10+ reps
What the fuck kind of routine is that

It's about the amounts breh just make sure you're eating ENOUGH. Do some maths behind it because "I'm always full" doesn't necessarily mean you're eating enough, depending where you're at in your training ofcourse.

My old powerlifting coach once told me "there's no such thing as overtraining, there's simply just under-eating and
under-resting"

If you wanna be a technical asshat he's wrong in a way, but the general philosophy is pretty fucken on point

In saying that I've gotta agree with the other boys here and say half of your routine is shit accessories that aren't necessary at all.

Get your compound lifts in there and do whatever else from your current routine that you can still be fucked doing at the time

I mean I still hit the major compound lifts ie squats, bench, OHP, deadlifts, leg press etc so I'm not sure what other compound lifts I could implement. Should I just be removing lifts?

have you ever been to a restaurant where there's just too much shit on the menu
your routine is just like that
shit, I do about 5 exercises per workout
I might add another one or two when I feel like it
for example:
Quads: Squats
Chest: Bench, Dumbbell press
Shoulders: OHP
Triceps: skullcrushers
If you don't rush it / do half ass sets this should take you about an hour

The LEAST you can do is one exercise either per muscle or muscle groups. If you can do like 20 sets for your chest, that means you're doing shit resistance.

There's 3 ways of exercising muscle:
One makes your muscles less easily fatigued (high reps, low resistance)

One makes your muscles really dense and efficient (high resistance, low reps, last rep per set should be where you almost fail)

One is really good for hypertrophy (like 3-5 sets where you're about 2-3 reps away from failure per set).

You can ignore the shit I said though and make it simple by remembering that high resistance, fewer sets and reps is always better because your goal is to destroy that muscle tissue without causing injury. Different exercises for the same muscles counts as more sets and reps btw, you shouldn't even be able to do more than one exercise per muscle group unless you're doing it wrong because your muscles are supposed to feel fatigued.

Add more resistance to the compounds.

Shit i have the same problem, here is my routine:

Mon:
Bench press: 4x3
Back squat:4x3
DB shoulder press: 3x15
Pendlay row:4x5
Pull-up: 3x15
Thread-the-needle: 3x35 ea. side
Chest
Incline press 4×10
Flat bench 4×10
Dips 4×8 (with weight)
Cable flys 4×10
Flat db flys 4×10
Incline db flys 4×10
Db pull over 4×10
Back
deadlift 7×various
Pull ups 4×6-8
Lat pull super set with cable pull 4×10
V bar pull superset with shrugs 4×10
Seated cable row 4×10
T bar row 4×10
Bent over bb row 4×10
Legs/shoulder
Squats 7-8 × various
Leg press 4×10
Leg extension 4×10
Ham curl 4×10
Smith machine press 4×10
Arnold press 4×10
Side raises super set with rear delt raises 4×10
Not gonna list arms because its just a bunch of behind the neck tricep bs
Tues:
Clean: 4x3
OHP: 3x8
Zercher deadlift: 3x5
Romanian deadlift: 3x5
Hyper extensions: 3x20
One arm DB row: 3x10
Weighted sit-up: 3x10
Incline butt raises: 3x10
Flat bench 3x6-8
Incline bench 3x6-8
DB Skull-crushers 3x8-12
Tricep pushdowns 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Oblique twist 3x8-12
Planks 3xF
Deadlift: 1x5
Rack Pulls: 2x12
Bench Press: 3x5
Chest Accessory: 2x12 (cycling incline db bench, decline db bench, and db chest flies)
Low Bar Squat: 3x5
Front Squat: 2x12
Pendlay Rows: 3x5
Chin-ups: 2x12
Over Head Press: 3x5
Shoulder/Tricep Accessory: 2x12 (cycling db military press, shoulder raise complex, and ez bar lte/close-grip bench)
Low Bar Squat: 3x5
Front Squat: 2x12
Thurs
Bench press: 3x8
Hang power clean: 4x5
Front squat: 3x5
Back squat: 3x8
Bent over row: 3x10
Pull-ups: 3x15
Rack hold: 3x10
Barbell Rows 3x6-8
Neutral Pull-ups 3xF
BB curls 3x8-12
Hammer curls 3x8-12
Rear delt flys 3x8-12
DB Pullovers 3x8-12
Shrugs 3x8-12
Fri:
OHP: 4x3
Deadlift: 4x3
DB bench press: 3x15
Pendlay row: 4x5
Plank: 4x1 1/2 mins

How do I optimize?

Yes, you should be removing most of your lifts. You have three exercises for calf raises

So in summary:
More weight to compound lifts and remove meaningless lifts.

Im assuming your OP. Honestly if you have so much time on your hands do cardio or some type of tissue work in your spare time and check out omar isufs Kizen free infinite offseason program Its actually pretty fucking amazing for intermediate/advanced lifters if you dont decide to run it you can still take a look at it to kind of understand how a program should be set up

Ill check it out thanks broski. I graduate in a month and will be working full time soon so I won't have all this free time for long.

Jesus christ, are you at the gym for 4 hours on monday?

KEK we should be lifting bros my man

desu if you have a lot of time, spend an hour doing SS and spend the rest of your time with friends you fucking neet

Remove all days but monday in this list and it's a great copypasta.

kek friends are degenerate bluepilled druggies who are terrible influences. I'd rather focus on myself than hang with those dumbasses

Because nobody on this board actually lifts they all just come here to shitpost about it.

Then get better friends user

I go to a liberal arts college and live at home. These kids are even bigger faggots than Veeky Forums

user doing six different exercises for abs alone is entirely retarded.

Maybe you're the faggot?

If 99% of the people around you are shitheads. Guess who's the shithead?

This.
And dont pay attention to meme workouts you find on muscle and fitness.

Heres a full body you can do in 45 minutes.
>blasts legs and lower back
Squat 5x5
Straight leg deadlifts 3x10

>hits arms lats and shoulders
Clean and Presses 5x2
One arm rows 4x8 each side

>chest triceps biceps abs
Dips 3x10
Pull ups failure

Do the calisthenics weighted if you can.

Fucking ez. Throw in curls if you want.

Yeah right Im the fucking man lol

Train hard not long. Only two three heavy compound exercises and one high rep isolation exercise per major muscle group. Two isolations for each minor muscle group (abs, biceps, triceps)

you really only need a maximum of 3 exercises per muscle group and thats only for big muscle groups, cut it down you're doing way too much volume.

>Quad
squats
a squat variation or leg extensions

>glute hams
deadlifts
a deadlift variation or leg curls
hyperextensions

Abs:
Russian twists
Hanging leg raises or Cable crunches
side bends

Chest:
Bench (barbell or dumbbell)
Incline bench (barbell or dumbbell)
Cable crossovers or dips

Triceps:
rope pulldowns
close grip bench
skullcrushers

Lats:
pull ups or lat pulldowns
rows (either cable or machine or barbell or dumbbell)
Rows with alternating grip or dumbbell rows

Delts:
OHP or sitting OHP
lateral press
rear delt flies

Traps:
Farmers walks or snatch grip shrugs

Personally your whole routine is too bloated, cut out the fat stick to the essentials. For variations and isolations keep it the same but goddamn you need to chill

This is good routine imma copy and paste this thanks bro

but y tho

How small and weak are you? That's fucking dogshit.

5'11" 200lbs 15% bf

That doesn't answer how weak you are, but you missed being an adult male by an inch, little guy.

y u heff to b mad

Wtf is wrong with box squats faggot?

Bruh I'm 6'2' 215 and about 14% bf. Your routine just looks like ass.

I ain't even mad.

I'm 6'2"; 195 lbs and ~12% bf

u jelly breh

literally nobody cares faggot

i completely forgot about calves, biceps, and forearms but you only need like two exercises for those

>curls
>reverse curls

then either do rotating curls or do them with a cable. i dont train calves so i dont see the point to

I was 12% bodyfat at 200 a year and a half ago, and have about 15 lbs of lean mass more than you, so no.

That's nice but how weak are you?

>rest day
Not going to make it

It's easy as fuck. I can get in and out of the weight room in 35 mins. You have to cut volume if you're crunched for time, but that's life

Why is everyone giving you shit about your routine? I normally do a bunch of different workouts when I go to the gym, I don't just want to bench, I have to also target my lower and upper chest, it takes about an hour if I include triceps, is that not how you lift?

If Im doing like 6 different lifts total I'll feel like I'm not doing enough and wasting my time.

>upper chest, lower chest and triceps
>doing all of your volume for your muscle groups in one day, making it so you're weaker for every lift after that first one
>not having high frequency and higher relative intensity across all rep ranges and making more strength and size gains than dummies running brosplits

It's like you're never gonna make it

Jesus, dude, your push days should just look like

bench 5x5
dips
Incline bench
OHP/shoulder press

and then you leave the gym

Have you attempted a full body workout consisting of only a few relatively heavy barbell exercises in low to moderate volume instead of a massive lift of accessory and meme lifts?

Ur retarder

Multi-joint Compound lifts and exercises.
row press
Muscle up
Push up
(That opposite pushup, the horizontal pull-up)
That's it. Switch it up, vary grip width, pronated to sulpinated. etc

PPL's work just fine and I'm there from 45-60 mins