You are in the desert with only a hunting knife when you suddenly see a male lion charging you

You are in the desert with only a hunting knife when you suddenly see a male lion charging you.

Would you be able to survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

tapatalk.com/groups/animalsversesanimals/maasai-man-kills-an-adult-male-lion-by-ripping-out-t2727.html
discoverwildlife.com/travel/how-survive-lion-attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably if I got help soon after but I'd end up really fucked up and bleeding all over.

I'd guess a moderate chance of mortally wounding the lion but a 100% chance of myself dying from lacerations before I made it to safety.

of course I wouldn't, are you retarded or something?

Go larp somewhere else faggot

Of course, there are no lions in the desert, I'm hallucinating due to dehydration.

Lions hunt in packs. Prepare to meet Jesus.

some of us actually lift.

>stick my off hand down it's throat as it leaps on me
>frantically stab it's neck trying to hit one or more major blood vessels as it makes me with it's claws and gnaws on my arm

It'd be bloody, and I may lose my left arm, but I might be able to do it if it doesn't knock me out when it leaps on me.

find a tree and run around it so the lion loses its momentum. throw my arm out as a sacrifice and stab the lion in the eyes

Killing a big predator with my hands and a knife is my dream, it gives me motivation to lift.

I think a lone wolf is probably the most ferocious animal a fit man could kill with a hunting knife or less. A lion will rip your chest open with one paw in two seconds. They are huge and extremely powerful.

Males often go off on their own to meet females and breed their own pack.

However if a pride wants you a knife isn't going to cut it.

Well I'd say there's about a 1% chance you'd be able to stab the knife right into the lion's throat as he is in the process of mauling you, and a 0% chance that the lion is killed instantly or runs off before inflicting serious wounds which you could actually survive from out in a desert.

So no.

I know a guy that could beat a gorilla.

I don't think so, but I'd try I guess

Only valid answer

>see a male lion charging you

Male lions don't hunt, it's the females that do.

Being eaten alive over the course of an hour would suck, so I'd probably just slit my own throat. Might still experience 15-20 seconds of being mauled, but blood pressure would drop so quick you'd probably be out of it pretty fast

You're like one of those regards who finds out a new factoid and thinks that he is a mensa certified genius.

Do you think you could punch a stag hard enough to knock it out?

Not really. I had a course on African Colonization History and a lot of europeans would chase away lions by just whacking them like a madman with whatever tools they had. A stick worked most of the time, a knife would be more effective as long as you could get a few cuts in at its face by flailing at it.

Lions also don't run at you super aggressively as long as you face them. There's a reason you're told not to run at or look away from predators, as long as you're watching them, they're acting super cautious and will approach you cautiously. When they're a little outside arms length, you can start trying to slice their face with the knife, making large noises, and being aggressive with your arms and body language.

Predators also attack humans differently from their prey animals because humans have eyes in front (which means predator). They are much more cautious around us than they would be a gazelle.

Jesus... an unpleasant thought.

*teleports behind it*

nothing personnel kitty cat

This thread is full of people who have never been to a zoo and seen a lion. We are talking about a 400 lb killing machine. Most of you probably would not be able to kill a 400 lb man with a knife let alone an animal way stronger and way faster. You cannot out run it. You cannot out maneuver it. You can not even begin to possibly have the slightest chance of holding its head back to get one stab at its neck while it crushes your whole throat. You people are delusional

One on one a lion is not going to be catious in attacking a human. Lions are only scared of humans when they are outnumbered by them because it's the only chance humans have of hurting or killing them.

You're like one of those retards that can't even spell retard, your opinion is irrelevant like your life. Now go back to plowing the fields, you peasant.

Unless of course you look at certain tribes in Africa in which 3 men could chase away a group of lions, but this is because the lions are already familiar with them and know they are a threat

Lions don't understand that. You're a predator too so you should sorta understand how the lion thinks instinctively. If you're really hungry, you're gonna do anything to get food right? A roasted squirrel sounds delicious as fuck when you're hungry. Cut out some meat from a deer and throw it over a fire and it's gonna be heaven in your mouth. But you wouldn't try to grab a squirrel covered in razorblades. Hell, you wouldn't even consider eating a squirrel as an option if all you knew about squirrels is they hurt you.

Predators aren't mindless killingmachines. They react to pain and avoid dangerous situations. Evolution works like this:

Safety > Food > Sex. If you're lacking food to the point it impacts your safety, your priorities might change. A REALLY hungry lion might risk injury for food.

Bodyslam it

Females hunt small prey while the males are resting from
a) hunting the stuff that's actually difficult like elephants and hippos, as well as small prey
b) defending the pride, including from other male lions that want to kill them and their children to take over the pride

tapatalk.com/groups/animalsversesanimals/maasai-man-kills-an-adult-male-lion-by-ripping-out-t2727.html

its has happened before, brainlet

How big is the knife?

t. low self-esteem dyel
I bet you think that a human would lose a fight to a dog too, huh?

Not him.
A strong adult male could take on a wolf at most. You're pretty much fucked against a lion.

Dude people chase off even bears all the time. Goal isn't to kill that beast (even though obviously it can be done, although hard). It's not like it's in a cage and it's a fight to the death where both parties knows it's a fight to the death. It's just an open field, and you have a means of inflicting pain on the lion, causing a flee response.

The Champawat Tiger killed an estimated 436 people in India and Nepal. The animal causing so much fear it devastated the local economy, with people refusing to leave their homes to work. The army was dispatched to destroy it but ended up only driving it to new hunting grounds. It growing bolder and more skilled at killing humans it began attacking during broad daylight and even entering huts.

A Jumanji ass british hunter was the one to finally fell the beast. Inspecting the corpse it was discovered the the tigers canine teeth were broken, preventing it from being able to kill it's natural prey.

What the fuck did I just read.

I think if you knew enough about lions you could come up with a strategy. Like if sprints and pounces you could try to slide under it and stab it from underneath, or get on its back and start hacking it's face, or throw dirt in its eyes or slash it's claw as it tries to bat you. You'd know what you were doing but there are ways you could do it.

It's 100% impossible that I make it. No fucking way. As a general rule in nature, always bet on the cat. If i'm lucky I cut it deep enough in the five seconds before I died and it'll die of infection later, but that is not a victory.
this
no you don't.
probably not. that head is ready for impact.
it takes many men to chase a lion away and sticks have reach that lions can't handle. That doesn't mean any man with any knife has a chance. You ever seen a house cat pounce a catnip toy and raptor-shred it up with its back claws while holding it still with the front? Best case scenario is you get in a good stab that gets infected later.

>desperate animal kills poor, weak, scared humans with no weapons.

Should be mentioned that when these things happen, the tiger isn't just on a constant killing spree in the open. It sits in bushes and pounces on passerbys in the outskirts of villages.

>throw dirt in its eyes
my fucking sides are destroyed. fit is the stupidest board

You're a dumbass for being caught out alone with only a knife anyway. Humans arent mindless apes, our biggest resource is our ingenuity... that being said, I'd kick a lions ass or die trying.

436 people. By itself. Respect that fucking cat user. It made history and likely nothing else will ever come even remotely close to it.

What's wrong with this? Do lions have dirt resistant eyes?

you'd die trying

if a lion is close enough to you for you to be able to throw dirt in it's eyes, you're dead

I respect it, but it didn't have superpowers.

>ITT: Veeky Forums thinks a lion is the size of a big dog

Nah, you basically get one shot to mortally wound the lion, but he'll be able to sustain himself from a knife wound just on adrenaline for long enough to kill you.

>again falls for the meme that lions just run at you like a hippo
Face it and it will respect you like it respects other lions.

In a one on one situation how is a human going to cause injury to a lion? We are talking about OP's hypothetical question here remember, where you met a lion in a Desert, the lion is not going to be catious in attacking you in that situation.

Not necessarily. Like said, lions tend to approach cautiously as long as you keep your eyes on them. Besides, even if they were spring at you, you just need to create a cloud of dirt and dive out of the way as far as you can with the right timing and the lion gets an eyeful of dirt.

Depends on the size of the knife and the size of the lion. Killing the tiniest adult lion in the word with a claymore seems at least not impossible.
But nah, I's be fucking dead.

In OPs hypothetical situation there's a knife involved. And knowing some lion psychology you will be able to stop it from running at you. If it does that you're fucked either way, but lions never charge at humans facing them.

Delusional.

When predators are chasing after food, they’re hard to stop. They have a biological imperative to bring down their prey or die trying. So the hungry lion in this scenario wouldn’t be deterred by annoyances like dirt, grass or small rocks being thrown in its face.

>all this arrogance of people thinking they could actually beat a lion with a knife

Wow, so media/video games really does distort peoples’ visions of reality.

There is no human alive that could beat an alpha lion 1 on 1 in a fight. Maybe at the very most he could mortally wound the animal, but he would not make it out alive.

You fucks are delusional. It’s childish.

How? Is there something I'm missing here or is your wife's son half lion? A decent physical condition human isn't as useless as you think when it comes to fighting things, you just need a strategy.

ok but the real question is: which is the halucination? the lion or the desert?

Underrated

>Look at me!!! I want to suck lion balls and have barbed cat dick inside me!!!!!!!
Just admit it. You started with the idea that it's impossible to face a lion and survive and now you're too invested in it to change your mind.

The truth is, while they would fuck us to death 95% of the time in a fight to the death, they rarely get to the point where they're willing to sacrifice their health.

Hell even when they're fighting gazelles, they sneak up on them to avoid injury. It's when the gazelles run that the lions charge like idiots because a gazelles back is not a danger.

The lion, you wouldn't be hallucinating if you weren't in the desert you brainlet.

Sure but if it can't see it can't see. If you lodge dirt in its eye and it's distracted for a few seconds you can use a knife to slice it's stomach open. I'm not saying it would be easy but if you managed to pull it off it would work. That's just one example off the top of my head anyway, if I went in prepared I could probably think of an even better strategy.

unless that guy is also a gorilla then no

Delusional.

pocket sand is a fucking meme dude. this is an animal that runs on all fours in fucking africa, it is very used to getting sand in its eyes. Stop relying on some deus ex machina dirt throw and just admit you’d get fucking smoked.

Lol everbody in this thread that isn't saying no is absolutely fucking delusional. 90% of this board would get mauled to death by a 90 pound pitbull, let alone a 500 pound killing machine. Lions can literally one shot you with a paw strike to the head.

>assumes I am not delusional and hallucinating even as I'm writing this comment
lmao try harder you got scizoFUCKED

Read the thread dude, obviously we'd die if we had to fight it all out, but chasing it away is achievable.

>knowing some lion psychology.
sorry, I specialize in bird law.

you don't even need the knife to survive the lion

discoverwildlife.com/travel/how-survive-lion-attack

>but chasing it away is achievable.
That's if the lion isn't hungry. When a Lion's REALLY hungry they'll do shit like take down a 10,000 pound elephant or a 4,000 pound hippo. Of course with some help from other lions but you get the point. If 3 male lions can take down a hippo, I'm sure one could take out a 300 pound man.

Lion psychology is the same psychology you use with grizzlies and other bears. Know why there's so few deaths from bears that are arguably even more dangeorus than lions? Because we know how they think. Face a predator, always.

its totally possible to be dehydrated in a savanna, which is where you'd be most likely to stop a lion

I feel like it's skin would be too tough. Life a hard jab with the knife wouldn't be deep enough to lacerate the lungs.

It's not used to getting clumps of sand hurled into its eyes directly without warning. And I'm not relying on dirt, that's just one example off the top of my head. You could throw rocks at it and get a lucky hit somewhere, maybe break it's tooth, you could ram a tree branch into its face, you could throw a cactus at it. There are plenty of ways to gain an advantage that a lion doesn't have the mental capacity to even consider.

Read the OP.

except the hippo is dumb unlike humans, the hippo runs from the lions instead of facing it and trying to bite it. If hippos instinctively held their ground against lions, the lions would piss themselves if they saw a hippo

No I don't think so, the lion would still have plenty of other food options. Say you were going to a restaurant, but had to fight the doorman to get in. If he proves to be a problem, you wouldn't kill yourself to get in, you'd go to McDonalds or some place with a weaker doorman.

The8res only two known men in existence that could stop a lion with a knife.

Except hippos do this all the time. One lion in the front of it distracts it and 2 or more attack it from the back.

The twist is you are halucinating both! Its actually a tiger and you are in the jungle!

>or die trying
literally no creature that aren't microbes works like this
Yeah we'd probably be fucked if a group of lions showed up. The front lion walks around like a pussy while his cowardly mates attack it from behind. Point proven, even hungry lions have to think about how to not get hurt.

QUADS OF TRUTH

not fitness related at all

sage

>Throw a cactus at it
My fucking sides

Hit a nerve, did I, brainlet?

i would put up a mean front pose and watch that little furball fly back to wherever it came from

Jeff pls go

I guess my only bet is to go for the eyes and throat. Kinda worried that the claws will reach be well before I can get into range for that. Looks like I’m dead. Maybe I slit my own throat before he can get to me.

Nobody has asked the important question yet, so I'll ask: Am I allowed to attach the knife to a long stick?

>you could ram a tree branch into its face, you could throw a cactus at it
I've never had such an appropriate moment to use this image.

Idiot

Don't disrespect the spear.

I was looking at it in terms of one of us is dying. Of course you may be able to scwre it off but that is not how the question was asked