When did you realize that lifting has nothing to do with being an athlete?

When did you realize that lifting has nothing to do with being an athlete?

zyzz took steroids to achieve otter mode. Embarrassing.

Not understanding what you're trying to get at

That maybe you should put down the dumbbells, and focus on balance, flexibility, and that vanity issues of yours.

You sound like you're projecting

Being good at skill sports doesn't mean you're a great athlete. No one has ever claimed Tom Brady is a great or even mediocre athlete.

t. Pats fan

Best football and basketball player are really subjective when you look at the stats.

Yeah, this. They're bodies are peak performance to do exactly what they need to do and nothing more. He doesn't need to squat 3pl8 or even bench 2. Just sling the pigskin where it needs to go.

>Implying strength doesn't play a part in athleticism

Are you retarded? Do you know how much these guys weight train and do calisthenics?

did you seriously edit their photos for this shit thread?

>imblying muscle size indicates muscle memory and reflects how well the brain communicates with muscle
Lifting makes you great at picking things up. Training for sports makes you great at playing sport, regardless of whether it builds visually pleasing muscle.
Any of those guys, at least the alive ones would pin you down and sodomise you so hard you'd lose half your body's water weight in tears. Enjoy not lifting :^)))))

what if i don't care about being an athlete? my days of competitive athletics are long over

I don't care about athletics

I wasn’t trying to be an athlete
Also you put some of the niche bodybuilders when there’s people now like Jon skywaler, Calum von moger, or even Arnold

>calisthenics
>strength
pick one

>Best basketball player
>Not Lebron

>worships people who are paid to play sports
>tells other people who enjoy bettering themselves and helping others better themselves they have vanity issues
>belittles a hobby/lifestyle because a small portion of people involved are dumbies
>trying to validate being a dyel, and if not why did you post this?

I mean i never thought lifting would make me good at football, basketball or other football, if thats what you're implying

Did you think it would user?

Obvious troll is obvious.

lol

Why do so many posters here think that athletics/fighting/etc has anything to do with why people lift?

I lift because I want to get stronger and look better. I won't ever be in a situation where I need to fight (concealed carry), I don't like or play sports.

This is a world champion strongman.

What's your point, exactly? He's actually a brick wall of muscle, but in the interest of raw strength he overeats, as he is not training for aesthetics, he's training for power.

Optimal sporting performance is not optimal aesthetics. Aaand quarterbacks are often good athletes, but athleticism is NOT what makes a good QB.

orly

They lift but all of these are agility based sports. Adding bulk to their physique will only slow them down and waste excess energy trying to move their body efficiently. Also:

>Showing only the torso of a soccer player

>showing pics during off-season

Lifting is essential if not vital to good performance, they just don;t lift for aesthetics like 90% of Veeky Forums

i replied so 8/10

it does if my sport is weightlifting