Is it possible to keep an ecological footprint and bodybuild?

Is it possible to keep an ecological footprint and bodybuild?
I'm not talking about turning vegan/vegetarian, I just wonder if other people generally care in terms of what food they eat to reach goals vs their impact on the environment. I can't find any discussion about this so I wanted to open the floor desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

aryanism.net/culture/veganism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FUCK the environment

nobdy cares about your gay little vaginatarian faggot bullshit you retard. the VAST VAST VAST VAST VAST MAJORITY of people are gonna keep eating meat and no amount of fedora tipping "vegetarian/vegan" pussy bitching is gonna change that for a reason. fuck off. kill yourself you pompous bitch. no bump.

Honestly, I don't give much thought to it past not actively trashing the environment (littering etc). My eating habits focus first and foremost on nutritional value. Making it taste decent is secondary, and I really don't see the environmental consequences of my choice of food as a factor whatsoever.

what the fuck is the post

it's like you read the first sentence and sperged the absolute fuck out

Yeah the fact I have no idea what I'm passively doing to the environment is the one thing that holds me back from eating fuck-tons of food. I still eat since I haven't found any options while "bulking", it just keeps creeping into my mind.

I hope there will be artifically made meat cheap to buy soon. It would change everything and its already possible.

Fuck those weak guys i love the earth too OP

>artificially made meat
Had no idea this was possible. I've actually been thinking how effective entomophagy and bodybuilding would be.

I seriously don't get this footprint thing. A rabid green once tried to shame me for drinking coffee which needs a gorillion litres of water supposedly, but I'm still not sure how watering relates to consumptions if it evaporated back into the air anyway.

I do prefer local products though, because cars should be banned in cities already, but I don't think it matters that much.

Its already been done but its expensive to produce yet. It will be much cheaper than real meat soon and there is:
No environment harm
No suffering
No chemicals or hormones just perfect proteinrich meat
Cost much less than meat today
Best quality like Kobesteak on a Industrial scale for everyone

Go check it out im not shitting you.
Many companies already invested a fortune and the products getting cheaper fast.
As soon as it get cheaper than using animals, the old meat industry is finished worldwide. Even fishmeat will be possible.

No utopia just facts.

Did the ecological footprint of a Brontosaurus matter?

Think about it.

Just watch out for those religionfags they'll say it's against nature and "god's will" or some shit.
It didn't because there was a working food chain that nature adapted to. We advanced and populated the earth so fast nature can't keep up - especially since we didn't work (for the want of a better word) "half way" with nature.

Yeah plus those farmers whining because muh tradition.
It will be like the carindustry in Germany now.
Fuck them. Evolve or perish.

>Is it possible to keep an ecological footprint and bodybuild?
Compared to, say, China or India, your footprint is nil. It's nothing. You shouldn't care about it. Nothing will change if you increase or decrease it.

>No chemicals or hormones just perfect proteinrich meat

>Cultured meat production requires a preservative, such as sodium benzoate, to protect the growing meat from yeast and fungus. Collagen powder, xanthan gum, mannitol and cochineal could be used in different ways during the process

I'm in favour, but it is grown in a lab ffs. It cost way more. Once you want to bring down costs, see how fast additives will make their way into synthetic meat.

>captcha: calle vomero

>they really want to eat artificial meat
Wow. Americans...

It still will take a while but im very sure that it will become healthier than the "real" meat. Those are just little technical problems.
Our ways of using animals now will be seen as barbaric in the future and dinosaurs like in this thread will die one day too.

That's a pretty good point I'm afraid to admit.
I'll still care about the environment, but if I put it into perspective like this I think I'll mind less about my personal consumption in comparison to Kebabs and whoever. Thanks user.

>will be seen as barbaric in the future

they are seen as barbaric now. People arguing out of convenience. I only eat meat once or twice a week, but pretty sure would quit cold turkey if I had to kill them. viva soyboys

I had to kill a dismantle pig once because my exgirl was Croatian and we visited her parents.

It was horrible and i hated every second. I still remember the screaming. I try to eat as little meat as possible since then.

If building muscles can be expressed as X (consumption of resources) times Y the time taken to make it, and Z the total ecological disturbance to make it (X * Y = Z)
Then to reduce Z, we need to reduce X or Y.
X is the hardest factor to lower, as reducing animal products while avoiding soy means consuming higher amounts of carbohydrate, increasing Y in proportion of time spent cutting. Keeping a low calorie diet to counter this will make protein intake harder, again increasing Y.
So we have to find a way to decrease Y, whilst keeping X constant.

Steroids. The answer is steroids.

Sorry you went through that.
I would happily eat more meat if the animal was killed as humanly as possible aka death as instant as possible. I'm sure some companies do but so many people just grab the cheapest meat without thinking.

It maybe kinda sick but sometimes i think of this while lifting when i ate meat before and push myself by this.

One more...you didnt die for no reason little soul..i'll turn your suffering in something good at least..

>No environment harm
I suppose the meat will just plop into existence without any feedstock at all
>No suffering
What sort of pansy cares about his prey suffering
If meat didnt require encouragement to grow outside an organism it would be as common as moss you dipshit and how exactly are they going to make up for the lack of an immune system in their Petri dish without antibiotics and hormones?
>Cost much less than meat today
Yeah because advanced biochem plants are cheaper than a field of grass
>Best quality like Kobesteak on a Industrial scale for everyone
Currently impossible to grow fat on lab grown meat or induce a texture

2/10 made me respond please consider suicide

Meat has immense costs from farm to supermarket. Government subsidies is what makes it affordable.

All food products in the US are subsidized.

What an insightful post. If one food is subsidized, and another food is subsidized, I guess the tax burdens are exactly the same.

>buying meat from the supermarket

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>he's never killed an animal and ate it
What sort of man grows up without having gone hunting?

We subsidize food for war purposes, you know.

Doing your homework properly before biting may be less emberassing Mr Dinosaur.

>This user knows what Dinosaurs were

This is the most nonsensical post I've ever seen on Veeky Forums and I remember boxy threads.

>care for the environment
>eating animal products
pick one

Yeah, this. Not to be that guy, but animal products are one of the main reasons our environment is declining at a super fast rate. Going vegan is the single most important thing you can do to reduce your footprint

How is me buying goat milk & flesh at the local organic farmer hurting the environment ?

The fossil fuels used to transport everything involved with it you asshat

But I bike to it .

And everything is local , they grow the food they feed them during winter and when grass is green they free graze

Caring for the environment is the most narcissistic thing in the entire fucking world.
It presupposes you matter and that you actually have an impact on it. You don't matter. Humans will just be another fart in the wind in terms of this planets history. Not even a fart, maybe like a single breath, a fart is something you can notice. That plastic potato chip bag is a fart in the wind. It will be gone in 500 years. 1 million years is nothing. We are just atoms. Everything is atoms. Just rearranging atoms. It doesn't matter. You are a faggot. Kill yourself so your atoms can be arranged into something useful.

If you think people don't have an effect on the environment then you're retarded.

Daily reminder that if you do not care for the environment you are subhuman. Go to any country composed of subhumans and you will find disgusting smog, trash strewn everywhere, and human waste lining the streets.

Fuck8jg HUH? just LIFT And EAT you fuciing hiopie mootherfuxker. You'll get gains and beat up envorinmental polluters when youre swole

you are so fucking stupid

no, nothing we do will have much of an impact on the scale of billions of years. but the ecological destruction that humans are causing kills off dozes of unique species of life EVERY FUCKING DAY. we are in the middle of the 6th mass extinction event in Earth's history, and we are the cause. We keep on punching holes in the global food web, and sooner rather than later the whole structure is going to collapse under us if we keep this shit up. The irony of you calling other people narcissistic is incredible. In three or four generations, no-one will understand how you can have such a retarded opinion.

Wow dude you're so intelligent and above-it-all with a super cool nihilistic outlook on life. Do you watch Rick and Morty by any chance?

I think you guys misunderstand that user, Its not that we dont affect our environment its that those effects only matter to us and our feelings towards other animals. Which could be interpreted as us being narcissistic.

In the grand scheme of things the earth couldn't care less, its a silly way to think about things though.

>Its not that we dont affect our environment its that those effects only matter to us and our feelings towards other animals

But that's fucking wrong

Which part of it?

All organisms are just a bunch of chemicals.

Why yes, I do ejnoy watching episodes of Richard and Mortimer in my leisure time, how'd you guess, good sir?

>Is it possible to keep an ecological footprint and bodybuild?
>I'm not talking about turning vegan/vegetarian
I'm not saying you should go vegan, but I will say that it would reduce drastically your CO2 and water footprint
Also, bike when you can, if you can't use public transport, if it's THAT unviable then use a car
Also, try to buy food items with minimal packaging. Vegans, take notes. Buying bulk lentils in your own reusable bag >>>>> buying 200 gr soy/gluten burgers in 100 g of plastic and paper wrapping. Jesus fucking christ who is greenlighting those mock meats?
go be 14 somewhere else

if you are so thoughtful just eat your shit and keep repeating

Reducing your personal eco footprint is pissing in the wind

It's already over

We're locked into catastrophic warming. Look up the clathrate gun and global dimming

Eight billion monkeys will never willingly lower standard of living, especially in democracy

Live how you want because the massive culling will happen within decades

>Eight billion monkeys will never willingly lower standard of living
"willingly" being the operative word.

This mindset is so fucking lazy. Get some empathy and spiritual gains if you want to become a proper verison of yourself and don't just focus on shallow things

Sort of, a while ago I switched my protein source to pork and birds (chicken turkey) because I know the cattle industry rapes the air we breathe and I'm gonna guess that eating a real food diet without refined sugars or processed shite prolly helps too

>Eight billion monkeys will never willingly lower standard of living

People will adjust to whatever is easiest and will ensure happiness or at least contentment for them.
In reality, the systems of control that certain people wishes to maintain depeneds on the false need for a certain standard of living and certain ideological constructs.

If half of the trash that certain people absolutely depend on for their wealth but are not physiological needs for people dissapeared tomorrow people would be upset, but they'll pick up dust themselves off and go back to living life.

kys if u want to save the planet, overpopulation is a bigger problem than overeating, will be fun to see the world in 100 years.

Take some responsibility. aryanism.net/culture/veganism/

>overpopulation is a bigger problem than overeating

Explain.

People who have a conscious objection to killing is one case. I live in a pretty rural area and I still refuse to kill. I understand how the world works though, I just choose not to do it myself

some people actually find happiness in being mindful though so that's a little redundant in a way.

American education in action.

well not neccessarily, we have enormous agricultural output but up to two thirds of it is wasted since western culture is very inefficient and decadent.

That is like saying "dose makes the poison" when someone points out the general toxicity of cyanide. It's obvious he ment chemicals as in added chemicals beyond what is needed, like nitrates, antibiotics, accumulated enviromental toxins like heavy metals, pcbs, endotoxins etc.

More money in waste then there is in creating sustainable ways of living user.
Didn't you know that?
The problem isn't overpopulation.
The problem is that the ways to make money sustainably for those in power is threatened by the reality that they can't continue to waste things like this on such a large level.

So they have two choices.
Change
Kill off some people/make sure that the slaves reproduce JUUUUST enough to keep the current system going.

Not who you are responding to, but look up a Malthusean Catatrophe, world population projections for 2050, and the maximum food capacity of the planet based on total arable land. We are totally fucked.

Not if we clone the fuckers

That was 1798 user.
What they know about food production and what we know about food production are light years apart.

user, if america closed it's borders today and ceased allowing anyone or thing in or out, we'd be able to live sustainably for centuries.

Want to know why we don't have well taken care of cross country railway systems anymore?
Because who would buy a car if they can just get on the train.
Because car sales and building and fuel sales and oil sales and other things will grind to a halt.

Did you know that we have enough houses in america to give litterally everyone a home?

Did you know that we don't consume enough food in america to justify how much food is being created by the food industry?
That we don't consume even close to enough food and other things?

That most power plants could be shut off if we simply did better jobs at building and maintaining homes and install solar panels that simply ran LED lights in every home in the country?

The problem isn't overpopulation. Never was.
The problem is keeping the current status quo going. Not the amount of people.

Do you understand?

Western Europe population is equivalent to 2.56% of the total world population.Just wait when the developing countries get hold of this technology. Look at the pollution in asian countries...
More people ---> more resources needed --> more problems
People think, ehmm, hopefully they will just stop breeding once they get some money, t-they just breed alot because they are poor. But look at the birthrates in west, which groups in society has highest? U know what i am takling about.

His point is that it ultimately doesn't matter, just like your birth, you failed abortion. Learn some fucking reading comprehension.

Nobody will give a shit about how much you care about animals or the environment after you're dead and everyone else is dead.

this
while i do want to hunt for myself one day i couldnt be arsed to do it everytime
theres a reason we have infrastructure and everything

Do the fucking math, you retard. Agriculture is around 14% of the greenhouse emissions and that number is not going to drop anywhere near zero by substituting animal based products.

Even if we managed to shave few percentages off that number, it is still a fart in the wind compared to what kind of enviromental catastrophe over-population causes. This whole veganism preaching is just another ploy to get people consume goods that have higher profit margins while utilizing the good old white man's burden.

You haven't actually said anything.

Yes veganism is a ploy to talk people into not reproducing and simply move over to another thing to overconsume/create a massive industry for.

No one at any point has ever said anything about eating less food, fasting and growing their own food or supporting local farms who dont' use genetically modified foods.

Only to eat vegan and how bad meat is and how they're saving the planet by eating twinkies instead of burgers.

Yeah I get what you mean man. You could think that we should rearrange this "save the world" bullshit into "save ourselves" because in the grand scope of things 2 more million years of evolution is barely any time at all.

Not much, I'd for sure get into entomophagy if insects like crickets were available cheap and pre-cooked like they are in third world shitholes but for now its just normal food

Insect farms are extremely efficient in regards to the resources they consume. Almost 100% efficiency in water, feed, and heat, kg-wise.
I eat a grasshopper infused muesli, and the company that produces it also has other products including chili-flavored snacks (grasshoppers). Looking forward to the insect revolution.

We raise 75-80% of our calories on our property.

I could get it upwards of 95% if I increased the biological load on the paddocks, but I think that would impact the health of our animals too much.

Bought the property 12 years ago as a failing horse ranch/cattle farm with an EPA demand for immediate remediation on account of ecoli run off.

Have cows, goats, pigs, sheep, rabbits and lots and lots of chickens. 1 acre as an intensively managed garden, and 4 acres I'm fucking around with the whole "food forest" permaculture meme. But the yeilds from it arent impressive and I think I'd rather paddock it out to get more room for the herd rotations

Depends on what you mean by ecological footprint.
One could quite easily be self suficient and rely on goat milk and cheese for nutrition, there are many farmers who do so.
But if you're talking about just relying on the purchase of foods that are enviromentaly friendly then you could literally survive and thrive on cheese and rice, or peanuts and lentils, or beans, or milk.

I think you're failing to understand that what humans are doing to the environment is completely unprecedented and will in fact, take millions of years to correct

>surely eating an environmentally-conscious diet will be doing my part to preserve our ecosystem!

*meanwhile China dumps 100 metric tons of sewage into a river and 3 oil tankers sink into the Atlantic*

60 percent of grain grown in the world is for animal consumption. Eating meat is inefficient.

Hunters do more conservation. Vegan is not a solution, agriculture a shit for ecology.

That doesn't fucking mean that the consumers are at fault.
That means that the means of fucking production are BROKEN
What in gods name is wrong with you?

The food you eat is actually a pretty small part of your footprint so eating 50 or 60 percent more than the average normie won't affect your footprint that much. If you're that concerned about it you can go into a field where you can help the environment or something

>stop giving Africa gibs
Problem solved

Do you have any right to complain when you are intentionally supporting it though?

Hi Rabbi, whatcha doin?

>yes goy eat all the meat you want
>my hospitals will fix you right up at a high cost
>I willl sell you blood pressure and cholesterol medicine for much sheckles

Yes goy yeessssssa

No, I'm complaining about the people who are convincing people who are helping to push something that is worse.

The idea that consumption of another kind will help end the real problem.

Being little more then fucking controlled opposition+marketing branch of food shillers of another kind.

Scumbags the lot of you.

I try to be environmentally aware, but at the same time I’m a dishwasher, I don’t have a lot of money to by the best of the best. I try to go non-GMO, non-antibiotics, non-artificial flavoring, all that shit, but I only have so much money, plus farmers market is only open during summer and fall, and I live in New England where you can’t farm 24/7.

That’s all well and good but let’s return to real Veeky Forums discussion topics. Will lifting help me get a gf?

The point isn't to save the environment for its own sake, it doesn't care. But we as humans only have a short existence and should do all we can to preserve the world for our own needs.

>reddit spacing

Kill yourself please.
People are merely trying to push for a more enviroment friendly diet holy shit you fucking sperglord.

This. Ride the Tiger...

I think about it, but consider being healthy first and foremost. Imagine how much time, energy, money, and resources is spent taking care of unhealthy people who linger into their late 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s in piss poor health. I'd rather have a slightly larger footprint now that I can use to build my body and bolster my health than turn into a huge ecological burden later on.

>I think you guys misunderstand that user

Not at all. He clearly stated that people do not "matter" - that human beings do not influence the ecology of the earth in any way. Not only is this wrong, it's backwards thinking. He said it was narcissistic to think otherwise. Also wrong.

How fucking stupid are you.

why the fuck should we give a fuck when the vast majority of us will never have kids?

>Reddit shill who's desperate to create a link between putting spaces between sentences and paragraphs to reddit
>Doesn't know that Veeky Forums members who've been here for years have been doing this long before it was even a twinkle in the eye of those nsa agents.
>Implying we don't know what you're doing