Kefir milk

Any of you have experience with this? Seems to be milk but with steroids. For those who don't know, the kefir is a probiotic culture similar to kombucha. It eats the sugar of the milk (lactose) and ferments probiotics which heals your gut which helps you absorb nutrients (more gains). So if you are lactose intolerant, you can drink kefir milk since the organism eats the lactose to ferment, taking out the bad part about milk. Keep in mind that we are all lactose intolerant to some degree after infancy (we stop producing lactase which helps digest lactose). Now if we would drink raw unpasteurized milk, we would have more of that enzyme that helps digest it, but since most of modern dairy is pasteurized, you have no other options but to use things like kefir.

Thoughts?

I have been drinking kefir since I was a kid, its great. Now i make my own kefir its easy, you just need milk some other stuff, but i don't know how its called in English, you can find it if you search a little. Some people hate it because if the smell and taste, but to me its normal.

Kefir is fucking amazing shit
Used to have all kinds of stomach problems from taking lots of antibiotics started making kefir and it sorted it
Also: Bella Brookz hhhhhhnnnnnnggggggg

Nice, thanks for the info bros. Did you use pasteurized or raw milk?

Are you Polish?

>brap
>brap
>brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap

Just whole pasteurized seems to work fine i cant get raw.

Its funny how english speaking countries dont know about dairy like kefir, buttermilk or quark

No, in fact i am not Polish. What gave you that idea?

>ja pierdole

I drink a quart as a post workout. It's great.

BRAAAAÅÅÄÄÄÄÄPPPP

Can we please fucking stop with the brap posting already?? Jesus fucking christ I have never had the agony of witnessing such a putrid, painfully unfunny discord meme in my entire life. I would honest to fucking god bring back the cunting meme back til the end of time than see one more soul-crushingly awful brap post. I can picture all you fat, smug wankers snorting in laughter every time you type this autistic bollocks, thinking you’re the greatest comedy genius who ever lived. I just want you to know every time I see another line of text containing this cursed meme, another fabric of my soul is torn to shreds and I get one step closer to putting a fucking rope round my neck. Its time to fucking stop you degenerate fucking cretins.

user who is this semon demon

Calm down, Carl. They’re only kids.

Thanks

Bella Brookz

I used to drink a lot. Recently stopped making it, but I still have some cultures on the refrigerator, waiting to be used again.
From what I know they have a lot of probiotic benefits and consume only milk sugars leaving milk protein intact.
I find it delicious when sweetened with a bit of honey or molasses.

My granpa drinks Kefir, i tried it once and it taste like milk mixed with creme fraiche or something. Is it really that good?

t. brainlet not intelligent enough to understand the complex humor of the brap meme

Store bought is inferior than homemade like everything else. The best is to find good kefir from a friend or somebody who can donate it to you. Then you simply use it with whole milk and you have a lifetime supply of kefir. Every time that you make a new batch the kefir will be bigger because it eats the lactose (sugar) of the milk, so you can then share it with more people and so on. I've heard that it can be used as compost too.

You can get quark in any supermarket in the UK.
I do when I get bored of yoghurt/cottage cheese.

It's pretty good, but bear in mind it got a reputation of a superfood among normoids i.e. 90% of it will be hideously overpriced for what was a probiotic for poor people when I was a kid. Go for the cheapest one you'll see as its one and the same shit and if you live in UK go for the slav food shelf at your nearest supermarket as it will be cheaper than the ones on the milk/yoghurt shelf.

Not him but it's popular in slavland.

it's just Airag right, so mare's milk?

If this isnt copy pasta it should be.

that quark is different, sorry

My dad made kefir when I was a kid. It tastes like sour milk, because that's what it is.

Drinking this stuff now. It's great when you make a smoothie with it

We have a perpetual supply of kefir fermenting on the counter. Between the two of us and our three kids we go through almost a gallon a day.

Our kids have grown up drinking it, and other than water or wine at dinner it's all they drink. We have to send it to school with them because they despise regular milk for being "Too sweet". Me and them also get into fights about sharing the excess grains as they grow and we eat them on our salads.

If you like kefir, you'll love kefir cheese. We go through it like crazy.

>ferment your milk as usual and filter off the grains.
>pour into a glass or glazed container
>cover with cheesecloth
>allow it to further ferment until the curds and whey separate
>hang curds up in cheesecloth over the bowl to drain the rest of the whey
>once drip dry then squeeze it out
>transfer it to it's own container and fold in some salt, garlic powder, chives, herbs and seasoning to taste.
use it right away as a cream cheese or put it in the fridge for up to a week.

I love putting in our pasta bake that we make every tuesday. I save the whey and portion it out for the dogs as treats.

Nice, I want to try it since regular dairy gives me a little bit of acne. And I need more easy protein for them gainz

Brap Nationalism is the future user.

>acne
You can try kefir for the acne, but I haven't seen much evidence that fermented dairy improves acne response.

My gymbro of forever had to quit dairy for acne and he tried using kefir after a while and his acne came back.

And matsoni, ryazhenka, acidophilin, ayran and tan

Damn, well I'll have to try it then

Kekk

>yfw these guys were talking about Anglo Saxons and they were talking about keeping the swarthy Germans and the drunken Irish out, who by chance are the ancestors of the majority of white Americans.