Are these a meme? Will I be missing out on much glute development-wise if I do something like RDL's instead?

Are these a meme? Will I be missing out on much glute development-wise if I do something like RDL's instead?

do both, faggot.

They're not a meme, they're fucking amazing!

Low bar squats

I'm sure they're great, but I dont want to be seen doing these at the gym.

I get stared at every time I do them

Make sure to yell out a no homo at least once a set

I always chuckle when I see someone doing these, they're so awkward even if they are great

Seen a guy doing this today in the gym. He looked funny as hell.

this.

does this have to be done with your back in a bench, or can it be done in a similar pose to a situp?

>letting others dictate what you do in the gym

My girl struggles to get the bar up. Is there a magic trick or do i have to help her everytime?

I feel like you're memeing, but start with a kettlebell or something, or even without weight if she really has babby glutes

No sorry German here. I tried to ask how she can get the bar with weights safely up to start the excercise. Its our homegym and it would be great in she could manage it alone

She can easily push a few plates here but she cant get them up before

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're saying

Ez bar

do it on the ground. you do not need to have your back resting on anything, despite the OP picture

She could just put a 10kg plate on her lap, instead of the bar if the bar is too heavy

I've switched gym to a more expensive one where no one lifts except like two people. But I've already seen several people of both genders do these in the smith mashine.

She has not enough muscles in her arms to get the barbell with the right amount of weights in the startposition for this excercise.
She would need me everytime thats why i ask. Maybe i have to get another stand

The pad is a meme but the lift is fine.

Thanks we'll give it a try

pathetic

unless you're fat the pad is essential

you shouldn't need upper body strength, I just sit down and roll the bar over my legs

Not a meme, they work. The question is, are you mature enough to do an exercise that looks dumb but is effective?

that depends on just how much more effective they are compared to alternatives. if they're so much better than anything else it's stupid not to do them, then sure, but if I can do some sort of deadlift variation or good mornings and get roughly the same workout, then I'd probably go with that.