What is known about their rate of technological advancement?

What is known about their rate of technological advancement?
Where would they be today if colonization or even contact never happened?

Attached: Australian-Aboriginals-Worlds-Oldest-Civilization.jpg (2122x1413, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZCulyuDaC4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if it wasn't for the white man stealing their resources they'd be colonizing mars

/pol/ BTFO

You assume that humans are intrinsically innovative. Australians were simply living the way humans have always lived. Human inventiveness seems to have always been cultural or necessitated by environment. In the absence of any environmental or cultural pressures to change, humans typically to do the same thing over and over for as long as it works.

There's also outside factors to

Australia lacked a river valley the key starting many civilizations

I am quite the opposite to a racist, yet Abbos are the only society that i think would have never moved forward.

It was in a steep decline, abbos had forgotten that sex make babies (seriously they didn't know until whites told them) and were in the process of losing the hability to make fire

But that's not bad.

Ellul talks about this in his The Technological Society. Basically, according to him, during the Industrial revolution the machine and technique have incorporated themselves into our lives so much as to view progress as inevitable, desired, aim in life. I think once mankind started working the land 10 000 years ago, it got on a ride it can't get off consciously.

sauce?

Ones in the North of Australia had started to conduct trade with Indonesians shortly before colonisation. Technology might've trickled down that way if they hadn't been colonised

Only Tasmanian's had forgotten how to create fire (they also seemed to forget fish was edible, or maybe they had some taboo on eating it, no ones really sure)

Burning down Australia and killing of the megafauna was the peak of their civilization. They were going nowhere fast. Maybe if Muslims invaded or started proselytizing that would change, but it's not going to happen organically.

>Burning down Australia and killing of the megafauna
excuse me sweety but aboriginals were noble savages that lived as one with nature in a peaceful arcadia unlike white devils that polute the earth with their industries and modern technology

Then where are my giant lizards! I want my giant monster lizards! Abbos stole my giant lizards.
youtube.com/watch?v=DZCulyuDaC4

Attached: SS2755582.jpg (1200x618, 115K)

It was actually their old way of making fire didnt' work in Tasmania due to a different climate.

You know Australasia was gonna end up the way it was REGARDLESS of human intervention.

Megalania was a truly terrifying beast. Literally a Komodo dragon that was 40ft long.

>I want my giant monster lizards!
Nobody else does though.

I'd be fine if with 40ft komodo dragons as long as they were only in Australia. The whole continent is deadly anyway, so not really to much of a difference desu.

>diprotodon
>2m tall 3 tonne wombat

fucking abbos ruin everything.

>It was climate change's fault they would have gone extinct anyways guys it totally wasn't the Abbos' fault for burning an entire fucking continent to the ground
>Megalania was a truly terrifying beast. Literally a Komodo dragon that was 40ft long.
I know, it's fucking great.

They didn't burn it to the ground it was controlled burns but hey if you like to enagage in shitpostng hysteria fine by me.

lmao I'm sure the 65iq abbos were masters of controlled forest fires

>controlled burns
hehehehehehehe

You know those studies are bullshit right?

>it's the IQ is pseudoscience spammer

>no timeline were malays clad in the medieval armor and swords of their time explore the pristine untouched australian continent and clash with the dragons that inhabit it

Abbos were a mistake.

The second I see "abbos" I know you're just /pol/tards who think that aborigines are the new blacks or something, but there's no actual evidence for indigenous Australians regularly hunted megafauna and blaming them for climate change is like blaming the early European's for the end of the Ice Age. Australia doesn't exist in a vacuum, its climate is affected by the global climate.

Exactly, Abo has one b and I'm tired of these foreigners appropriating my racist traditions

This. All of humanity lived more or less like abbos for 100s of thousands of years, it's only very recently that people in a handful places started developing civilization and spread it everywhere. And it's only very VERY recently that people have been able to see technology advance universally in a single lifetime and have started thinking that's just what people do.

The Start of civilization had a lot to do with river valleys the Indus river the Niger the Nile etc river valleys jump started civilization

Attached: nnw8ev.jpg (430x626, 136K)

>iq is bullshit you racist
>btw jews have on average 10 more iq points teehee racists btfo

>Australia lacked a river valley

what is the Murray - Darling ?

Furthest they got was organizing a set of locks for an eel farm. Purely hunter gatherer with a whole bunch of spirituality built in.

Pretty sure we have some alien bases outback, i have flown all over Oz and its just so darn BIG

>are paleolitic-tier up until the 1700s
>somehow expect them to change at all for 300 years when they did absolutely nothing for 50,000 years

Even if abos suddenly start to develop without being contacted, they would need at least 15,000-20.000 years to reach the current technological level of humanity. What's your point

>>Australia lacked a river valley
>what is the Murray - Darling ?
A river in need of a valley?

You know even if these things weren't wiped out during antiquity they probably would have gone extinct in the 19th century.

How fucking glorious would the english big game hunters have felt!

same place as the uncontacted tribes in the amazons and pacific islands. wearing grass skirts and shitting outside doing nothing of value

I wasn't arguing that they caused climate change, though at least one study suggests that it might have had an impact on monsoons. Burning, even controlled burning, dramatically effects the local environment though and when you have the Aboriginal population grow you get more burns which fucks with the ability of large herbivores to feed themselves and when the large herbivores die the large carnivores follow them into extinction.

Rivers are important, but there is something that is just as important if not more important. Plants suited for domestication. Corn was a god awful domesticated plant which is one of the contributing factors to the lateness of Meso-American civilization, but at lest it was something. Australia had squat when it came to plants that could easily be domesticated. There were several yams native to the continent, but they are more difficult to domesticate, and are nothing like Polynesian Kumara. You give Australia rice, corn, potatoes, yams, or wheat and boom you give the Aborigines the spark they need to light the fire of civilization.

Probably, but Komodo Dragons and Salt Water crocodiles survived so maybe they'd have stuck around long enough for people to say, "we should put these monsters in zoos so everyone can see them."

People in the pacific Islanda were rather advanced as they knew agriculture and in some cases had monumental architecture. Also reaching places like the Ester isle or Hawaii is already an impressive feat by itself

Why didnt Maoris try to colonize the australian coast I wonder.

>same place as the uncontacted tribes in the amazons
Emerging evidence suggests that the introduction of diseases from Europe and Africa wiped out several more complex civilization in the Amazon basin that used to manage to forests and practice agriculture. After they were decimated the forest reclaimed the land and almost erased their existence. Some of those uncontacted tribes may actually be the decedents of post-apocalyptic survivors of the Amazonian civilizations that were wiped out by disease.

I don't think the Benin of pagan africa had it yet they Developed a city that impressed even the Europeans and southern africans built khami and great Zimbabwe

Attached: 1520261063215.jpg (640x257, 38K)

The problem is an archeological one. We can't know for sure whether the indigenous Australians had an important part in the megafauna extinction because there's no conclusive evidence.
Claiming that there's a proven link is bad history and frankly Veeky Forums needs less of that.

Attached: 1101 (1).jpg (620x372, 53K)

What about the queensland nut?
There is always talk about massive chestnut forests in north america, why not macadamia plantations to support higher populations?

Not familiar with Australia but a river valley is only one component. The other component is grains with a flood strategy; wait for other plants to die in flood and monopolize all the free real estate. If Australia didn't experience glacial flooding, like that of other continents, there would be nothing to collect a surplus of in a regular fashion.

>Why do you need a surplus of grain?

Because that was the true power in Neolithic societies. With a surplus a priest-king can raise an army and raid and ravage other blossoming city-states. Civilization can be described as ever-escalating raids, from the tribal to the national/global scale. Each tier has far more spoils that rulers disseminate to the rich and powerful of society.

The only thing that could stop this routine progression would be something like being a universal constructor. Where nanobots would synthesize the elements needed for a creation. Bodies that don't need food, water, or rest. Each individual becomes acid tearing the bonds of necessity that gives arise to civilized societies.

Of course that's if multinational corporations don't invent moral-aesthetic pedagogic life simulations and clone people only to brainwash them with a thousand lives where (for example) Nissan is the name of the principle of sacredness, the name of God. A thousand times would a "new worker" end up dying for this God...Nissan. The simulation might even be edgy enough to include lives where you abandon Nissan and become an atheist. But you'll always see the error of your ways in either pleasure or pain. Nissan flips a rigged coin in their mythology. Then the worker wakes up and is ready to crush Ford's sales number for December targets...

But that's just a few possibilities.

Benin and West Africa in general had Pearl millet and African rice which are an excellent start to an agricultural package.

Tree nuts are typically secondary domesticates or they never get beyond horticulture.They take a long time to mature, are stuck in one place, and an orchard is going to require a sizable amount of water. You don't go from being a hunter gatherer civilization to raising macadamia nuts. You need something easier to get your civilization off the ground.

>Ywn fall asleep cuddled up against a 3 ton Wombat while it holds you in it's powerful arms delicately like a eukalyptus branch
It's not fucking fair!

Nature's greatest lover

> (OP)
>You assume that humans are intrinsically innovative. Australians were simply living the way humans have always lived. Human inventiveness seems to have always been cultural or necessitated by environment. In the absence of any environmental or cultural pressures to change, humans typically to do the same thing over and over for as long as it works.
>user is 100% correct just as Darwin was

This is what white supremacist actually believe

Your prejudice towards whites is showing, he didn't say he was white...

Your prejudice towards supremacists is showing, you don't have to be white to be a white supremacist.

It's actually true tho. Not knowing sex makes babies is not unique to teh Abbos tho, it seems obvious but the delay between sex and babby is apparently long enough that some human groups failed to make the connection. Losing fire is semi-true, their method for making it was extremely primitive and for the most part they relied on lightning strikes. The Abbos on Tasmania, which of course had a much smaller population for innovating, lost not only the secret of making fire, but the technology of making bows and even canoes, the very tech that had taken them to Tasmania in the first place. Technological regression is a real thing.

They had no need for it, they fared just fine without it.