Is it safe to say that Veeky Forums is a more free weight oriented board?

Is it safe to say that Veeky Forums is a more free weight oriented board?

Free as in freedom

Yes. Bodyweight is absolutly pointless

I'd say so. The only things related to bodweight are /bwg/ and /run/ and they're both pretty small in size (literally too.)

this.
body weight is only nice if your goal is to be thin, lean, with a modest amount of muscle mass or you have a belt to do weighted bodyweight stuff.

weighed chinups make all vaginas in a 1.7 mile radius become moist uncontrollably

well of course that free weights are better if your goal is to just lift bigger things.

kill yourselves.

bodyweihgt exercises have their place in any workout and so do free weights.

Yeah, which is ironic because most of the natural guys that people call impressive in the cbt threads are all doing calisthenics and the occasional dumbbell based curlbro routine.

isn't being a curlbro the best option for new friendos?

just do both you fucking fags.
/thread

even the most useful bodyweight movements are vastly improved when trained with progressively heavier weights

>threading your own post
fucking namefags

why do weighted chinups when the lat pull down exists? i only do pullups when i'm testing my max other than that i don't even bother with them.
plus, the 45 plates always leave my pants dirty.

>weighed chinups make all vaginas in a 1.7 mile radius become moist uncontrollably
Not in my experience. I rep out 175+70lbs weighted chins and the only people that mire are fellow gymbros. Then again I might just be autistic and don't notice the females

dont h8 on body weight, great for starters, great for warm ups, great for when you dont have time to go 2 the gym, great for when u cant afford the gym, calisthenics are actually pretty hard, moderate-advanced levels of calisthenics gets pussy moist af. maybe not the greatest for lifting heavier but if you goal is to get pussy calisthenics and body weight prob has the best pussy-effort ratio

cuz it looks more impressive and works more stabilizer muscles.

Most of us do both, there's just no point in talking much about bodyweight exercises. There's no system you need to learn, no routine you'd need to change, barely anything to learn about when it comes to form. You just do them until you're tired and that's it.

Yes, body weight is all you need to look good, if you want to go beyond, weights is where its at.

What is the goal of lifting things supposed to be other than lifting bigger things?

>weighed chinups
You mean that thing that faggots with no strength endurance, and arms so weak they can't do one arm chinups do?

>maybe not the greatest for lifting heavier but if you goal is to get pussy calisthenics and body weight prob has the best pussy-effort ratio
Getting stronger with calisthenics is harder and it makes you better at lifting heavy shit.
Lifting heavily with the big 3 lifts however....doesn't translate well to doing even moderately advanced calisthenics movements.

I've seen women become visibly horny when I do wide grip pullups after my run in the park. It surprised the hell out of me. The big grin, the lip bite, the hidden face. It was like discovering superpowers.

my stabilizer muscles aren't what's keeping me from doing a one armed pullup my weak lats are. ergo, stronger lats equals one arm pullup

>There's no system you need to learn, no routine you'd need to change
lies

>bodyweight
>great for starters
>when people can't even do a single pull up
nani!?

idk man, if you want to do 1 arm pullups it owuld make sense that a pullup variation is the best way to learn it like archer pullups or negative 1 arms. your stabilizer muscles may be weaker than you imagine if you cant do one. not saying lat machine is bad as its good supplementary excersize though.

negatives, jackknife pullups, starter enough 4 u? most starter normies as long as they're not super fat can do a single pullups, even most skeles

you would be wrong
also stupid

>Lying larping faggot who's probably never even attempted a one arm chinup

K

Have fun with your pretend weighted chinup fatso.

???
no need to get into insults but all my normie friends can do a pullup or 2, went to weightroom in hs years back and 70% of the people there could do a pullup

mostly but there are still a fair amount of calisthenics guys on here, there were daily bodyweight generals a while ago.

Doing ONLY free weights or ONLY bodyweights is retarded, use both, i always laugh when i see some roided hulk can't do a single muscle-up

no

You're too weak. They start coming after you break 100lb

Pulling 150bw +130lbs for reps

Body weight is what the US Military wants, I learned that the hard way. When I was a college student, I always maxed the PT test and never lifted. Now that I lift and am not used to doing volume body weight shit, I dropped from a 300+ on the Army PT test to a 280 despite being objectively stonger.

So yeah, if you're looking to serve, keep up with the PT standards of the branch you're gunning for, benching doesn't improve your push up and OHP doesn't improve your pull up.

yeah because bitches are trained by society to not care about anything impressive unless it's literally top of the line, 10+ years of work that they don't deserve to be graced by the presence of because they're all fat and lazy or they do nothing but run for an hour on the treadmill then go home and watch netflix

are you saying if I'd like to cut I ought to be doing bodyweight stuff?

At home I only have a pull up bar and then 20kg dumbbells which I can bang maybe 4 sets of 6 reps out of.

Can I rely on body weight if i just want ottermode?

This. My gym has a bodyweight section with jungle gyms, dip bar, rope climb, etc. Every guy who uses it looks slightly athletic, but weak and small as fuck. e.g. abs but 13 inch arms

Bodyweight is great but of you start as a fat fuck weights are really helpful. They also safe you a lot of time

>getting this triggered by that guy's joke
wew lad

that's cause you weigh 175, which is very little for a normally developed male. If you were at 195, people surely would have noticed.