/FAST/ Fasting General - I Forgot What Taking A Shit Feels Like Edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

OFFICIAL BEAT OF SUFFERING WHILE FASTING
youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I
What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497
blog.bulletproof.com/ketosis-helps-lose-weight-suppressed-appetite/
nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2004/Dietary-Reference-Intakes-Water-Potassium-Sodium-Chloride-and-Sulfate.aspx
draxe.com/fibroadenoma/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for avocados stop autophagy and thus will leave you with loose skin. The best fast is water with salts.

I just read about that stuff, do you guys eat already before going to the gym for training (I go early in the morning and would start the windows at around 5 o clock). Or do you wait with eatilng until after you are done training. That would mean for me at least that my window would move from 5 oclock to 7 oclock in the morning.

FUCK YOU BEAT ME TO MAKING A THREAD

DAILY REMINDER FAT FASTING IS SUPERIOR

Is there any benefit to 16:8 while keeping my maintenance calorie intake?

I don't want to lose weight.

>DAILY REMINDER

I've been training fasted for almost a year now, i am used to it and i like it. I break my fast after the training and then just chill and eat like a neet is posed to be doing.

Fasting has a health benefit too right? Don't people get rid of illnesses because they fasted?
I'm asking because my girlfriend has fiboadenomas which are benign tumours in the breast that are emergents of mammary glands and her doctor told her to detox and now she's looking up juice detoxes and that shit and I at least know that that's a meme..

broke a 42 day fast three days ago.

I went from 262lb to 198lb during the fast.

broke it with watermelon and some tomato juice

today i've had tomato soup and some veggies.

Went up to 203lb when i broke fast but im 201 now lol, I don't even have any cravings for sugary foods or fatty foods, have literally just been craving chicken/turkey and veggies.

i thought with breaking this fast, i would go crazy with cravings for crisps and chocs and stuff cos /fat/ just kept insulting me saying i was gonna gain all the weight back after the fast lol.

Couldn't even finish the tomato soup before i felt full today and i've been doing 5-6 miles of cardio since breaking the fast and doing my 16kg dumbbell lifts.

Ibuprofen won't break a fast right? Pls respond I feel like I'm dying

since i finished my 5day fast 3 weeks ago i take small shit every 3 days even though i eat at least one regular size meal a day. before fasting i'd run to the toilet first thing in the morning after coffee and smoke. did i fuck up sth with my bowels movement? help /fast/

It does

But it doesn't have calories? Is this legit or are you just like those memers saying tea or vitamins break fasts

Its not and its not even fasting when you are eating

>stops autophagy
>causes hunger
>spikes insulin

What was your workout routine during your fast

Any loose skin?

It does have calories. Just suck it up pussy

Taking some coffe after fasting for 17 hours

How much longer should I wait before eating Veeky Forums? Give me a suggestion

i have not eaten for a week now.

Maybe like .2 of a calorie depending on brand, that is way less than vitamins or tea. I'm just going to ignore you until I get a reply with actual evidence.

And if you've never experienced severe menstrual cramps you don't get to call anyone a pussy, sorry hun.

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

Well fuck me I was actually intrigued and opened the video. Sure I was sceptical and biased against the video but damn the start to the video doesn't do fasting any favors.

What is the point of salt? Been water fasting and salt seems pointless. And won't the salt in tour drink just give you useless calories

>stops autophagy

>The autophagy-lysosomal pathway is involved in TAG degradation in the liver: the effect of high-sucrose and high-fat diet.
>LAL activity significantly correlated with ketogenesis in all groups
>Autophagy is stimulated under the same conditions as LAL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20974050

>Ketones turn on autophagy
>Tissues that cannot use ketone bodies for energy respond to these small molecules by activating chaperone-mediated autophagy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815497

>Causes hunger

What’s exciting is that ketones suppress appetite in a variety of more subtle and significant ways because ketones can control hunger and satiety hormones. Scientists have identified that ketones impact cholecystokinin (CCK), a hormone which makes you feel full, and ghrelin, the “hunger hormone.”
blog.bulletproof.com/ketosis-helps-lose-weight-suppressed-appetite/

>spikes insulin
Insulin clearly going down in the photo

>macroautophagy

Is the only type that needs to be stimulated by fasting and it only last a few hours.

SO YOU FAT FAST AT THE START THEN TAPER DOWN

IT IS SUPERIOR!!!

The NYTimes and other newspaper also made journals against counting calories, are you gonna believe them, sheep?

I work a demanding job in construction. Some days I just stand and chill. Other unlucky days I shovel for 10 hours under 70-90°F. Needless to say, i sweat alot. I plan on doing a 3 day fast, but i would like to know if i risk getting hurt or anything for going that long due to my job. One day I want to go 7 days to lose the most weight and gain the best effects of a water fast.

Does Phenibut break the fast?

id rather just do what caveman did

Remember when you started fasting? The liquid shits only come two days or so into the fast... There you go.

YOU GET MORE KETONES WITH FAT FASTING SO YOU GET MORE AUTOPHAGY

HOW WILL WATER FASTERS EVER RECOVER

DUDE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CHANGE ONE THING PUSH YOUR KETONES UP AT THE START OF THE FAST THEN THEN TAPER THEM UP WITH COCNUT OIL OR SOMETHING

JUST FUCKING TRY IT ONCE

Hey /fast/
I try to do full day water fast but everytime i eat when i come home so its like 24h fast
Idk why , two time now , i failed
But i will achieve it , got like 40lbs to drop to be very lean , lost 3~ for now

remobe the food from your home?

Drink your snake potion.
If you still can't despite that, grow a pair.

So when you fast longer than 3 days, does the burning of fat happen faster? Let's say you are obese at 36%bf. How long will it take you to get to 30% and maintain at that percentage if you eat healthier

7 or 19 hours

Fasting + extended intense exercise (long cardio, aka shoveling for 10 hours) = bad news. You will start to metabolize muscle.

Go 18/6 on the job, and OMAD on the weekend.

Why would you want to maintain an obese body-fat level?

i did arm/back exercises with a 15kg dumbbell and did 2 miles of cardio a day

on the days i worked (4 nights, i averaged 10-12 miles)

zero loose skin

Not in a full fast, getting 1600 kcals everyday, however I am doing 2/22 IF

Oh no i was asking how long it would take someone to lose that 6% of bf. Of course I dont wanna stay obese haha

Damn. I was hoping that I could fast that long in my condition. I hate being 36%bf. I wanna decrease it as fast as I can safely

Should I even bother lifting heavy on a 23:1 fast or should I just do calisthenics?

you could probably still do 3 days at a time

wut?

if you eat enough calories on 23:1 you will gain weight. that wont change

On 18/6 you can just drop the evening meal if it wasn't a tough day, that'll put you on OMAD automatically.

Both of these are fine fasting programs. Get a myfitnesspal account, track how much you're actually eating on that one meal. Its predicted weight loss is fairly accurate, and that will give you a sense.

So i was the faggot asking about artificial sweetners over the last thread.

I decided to cut it completly for a few days and see how it goes.
I'm currently doing OMAD with carbs because I have a few exams coming up and I'm afraid I wont be fat adapted before them.
BUT

I cut sweeteners from coffee, oats, drinks etc YESTERDAY.
GUYS IM FUCKING THIRSTY AS FUCK, no seriously, I am drinking 4+ liters of water, had salt even had my meal today.
What is going on? is this some side effect that I was unaware before?
ISNT THIS SOME SYMPTOM OF DIABETES?
WHAT IS GOING ON?
I was a REALLY heavy sweetener user and I used the shitty ones mixed with aceK, saccharin and sucralose because they were cheaper.

Doesn't matter. You could even do rough cardio (1-2h run) on OMAD. Just don't eat a pizza for your one meal.

Question:

Is it possible to get a pump while fasting or doing keto? I want to do a full workout on the final day of my fast and break the fast directly after with some good protein. Will I be able to get a pump going?

>heavy user of acek, saccharin and sucralose
you fucked up senpai

That seems about spot on. The recommendation is 3.7L for males:

nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2004/Dietary-Reference-Intakes-Water-Potassium-Sodium-Chloride-and-Sulfate.aspx

Sounds to me like, previously, you weren't getting enough; or perhaps not realizing how much you were actually drinking.

if i dont work out and take more then a liter of water on my fast i will piss it out

No, I mean, I can drink 4L in a sit If I don't control myself. I just drank 1L right now and I'm still thirsty.

I had 4L+ on regular basis before cutting sweeteners and wasnt never felt thirsty even when working out.

The longest fast I've ever done was five days.

Physically I was okay, but I was absurdly depressed and bored despite trying to focus on my hobbies.

t. food addict

you probably needed to go out walking. on a long fast you need exercise to not get bored as fuck

That's how it's supposed to work...

well yeah. but like within a hour

do you have pics?

congrats

I'm the opposite. I was a huge food addict too, but after a couple days of fasting my mood was great, despite being bored.
I felt more energetic and happy. Not sure why.
My biggest problem is cold hands and feet while I fast. I still don't know what to do about that.

What supplements were you taking?

You didnt break fast even once? Thats impresive user. Good job

Any dry fasting?

Hoping to get my gut problems under control. Yeast overgrowth is fucking me up

>BB.com says I need 233g protien
>want to try keto
>vegetarian
>need to batch cook

How fucked am i?
What are my miracle foods?
Is it ok to get 100g protien from (pea) protien powder?
Sorry for not being /fast/ related.

So drinking half a cup of olive oil will kick-starts ketosis?

There is no way of knowing if it'll work, but i think it's worth a try.

If she's reluctant just fast together with her.

Yes, fasting has been known to alleviate illnesses other than obesity because your body prioritizes energy and nutrient uptake to essential bodily functions and canabolizes useless things like extra skin.

There's an old book on this called the fasting cure. Juice fasts will not have the desired effect because it still feeds the body.

>What do I do, I'm a vegan

You stop being a pussy and have a tender steak, that's what you do

I didn't say vegan......
And no thanks, the cancer-red meat connection is pretty unassailable at this point.
Every bit as scientifically substantiated as the benefits of fasting or keto.

I hate avocados
Is there any replacement?

Also, is bacon healthy if you are fasting?

90% of olive oil on the market contain mostly fake shit that is not nutritious and a little bit of actual olive oil. Your better off with coconut oil. Olive oil will burn your throat. Coconut oil doesn't taste like anything so it is easier to chug down.

Plus
>Helps with weight loss especially fat found around the abdomen.
>Antifungal anti bacterial so it reduces acne on fat fucks
>Supports brain function
>Liver function
>Turns bad cholesterol into good cholesterol
>Supports and balances hair and skin oils for fabulous shiny hair

>Another study in 20 obese males noted a reduction in waist circumference of 2.86 cm (1.1 inches) after 4 weeks of 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of coconut oil per day (30).

>This number may not seem too impressive on the surface, but be aware that these people aren't adding exercise or restricting calories. They're losing significant amounts of belly fat simply by adding coconut oil to their diet.

What would lead to a better weight loss? OMAD, which apparently a 23 hour fast, or multiple 2 day fasts throughout the weeks? Pretty big around the belly and I want to lose it fast

I just wouldn't recommend taking Ibuprofen on an empty stomach. You're putting yourself at risk for ulcers. Those are going to hurt more and be more damaging than what you might be experiencing now.

so you actually took time to read about cancerous meat but cant be bother to read how vegetarians get their protein? lazy fuck

Ok so:

-I'm used to fasting, doing IF for 2 years
-Completed a 48 hour fast starting from saturday 17.00 to monday 17:00, ate a shitton, didn't work out, last calorie at 18:00
-Ate today at 14:00 again, shitton of healthy food (lentils/chicken breast/cottage cheese/spinach salad/oatmeal/bananas/berries/protein shake and other stuff, about 2.600 calories i guess maybe more)
>Went to bjj practice and ran about 10 km with sprints mixed in+bodyweight stuff for an hour
>Want to go do weights fasted in the morning tommorow, low rep high weight then eat and kickbox in the evening, with one giant meal in between

Am i doing this right? From what i gather you must spike your insulin once a day for max results, ideally after working out, but i can't do that because i work out in the evening and i can't push through cardio intense workouts without carbs.

I did.....
There are plenty.
I've been utilizing them for years.
But now I want to try keto which eliminates most vegetarian protein sources I know of.
Why are you so reactionary and mean-spirited?
Who hurt you?

Interesting.

I should add some coconut oil when I feed then.

If she insists on liquid nutrition, make sure she takes smoothies instead. Juicing tosses out essential fiber.

I have a disorder called Hashimotos disorder. It is rarely properly treated and it is common for doctors to overlook it. It took my mother 20 years to find a doctor that didn't tell her the problem would go away after she lost weight. (She did, it didn't)

I had to look online for answers for my overwhelming fatigue and a natural treatment. This is the only website with information that helped me.

It has a fuckton of introduction text so its best to ctrl f : 1. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.

draxe.com/fibroadenoma/

The only bullshit on it I don't agree with is there are better detox foods the site doesn't mention.
They can be found in
Tight budget tight stomach

Lemons, cilantro, cucumbers, cellary, papaya, almonds, beets,

when should u consume olive oil? and how much?

What would lead to a better weight loss? OMAD, which apparently a 23 hour fast, or multiple 2 day fasts throughout the weeks? Pretty big around the belly and I want to lose it fast

>tfw spanish and I can get 100% legit homemade olive oil from near homeland fields

Longer fast = more fat loss

I've found OMAD remarkably easy to do.

PLEASE RESPOND

How do you know when you've eventually reached ketosis on a water fast? I'm almost 3 official days in and just in the last 3-4 hours I feel very low energy. But I heard once you've hit ketosis, you typically feel full of energy. I should be hitting ketosis by today or tomorrow, right? Any other signs I've hit it?

Thanks guys.. i already do 16/8 IF, I've done ADF and I once did a 3 day fast all for weight loss reason and she hates fasting and keeps on telling me how unhealthy it is and how I'm wrecking my body because I don't take any vitamins and vitamins from supplements suck.. fucking women
Thanks man my gf already drinks papaya tea and eats sellery and such
Btw can you tell me about your hashimoto?
My mom has it and her doctor prescribed her estrogen blocker and some other medication bullshit and that's it..

I just lasted 20,5 hours fasting, feeling hungry and weak so it's time to eat. Still great

>so it's time to eat
No, it's time to keep pushing

I'm 6'2 300lbs and I just bought some pink salt and no salt. So I can just stop eating until I'm like 190lbs as long as I drink this shit in water every single day? How much of it exactly do I need?

no, you should listen to your body, I was shaking and feeling weak.

I just ate some big protein, feeling great now.

Unless you are a fatass incapable of doing excercise everyday you should eat sometimes.

Yeah that can work. Just note that your body WILL tell you when it's time to quit, so don't push it if your body is telling you not to.

As for the salt, yes, you can just do that until 190, though 10 pounds MIGHT be water weight, so you might need to go a bit farther. I dont know how much you need

How much do you weigh?? A 20 hour fast is something EVERYONE can do. You felt weak at that time? You are either lightweight or something isn't right with your body

Why does that matter? No, I'm overweight but I ain't a masochist. Fasting 20 hours is enough, I lift and do cardio everyday.

I think I'm going to eat a nice dinner tonight and then try to fast as long as I can to see how it goes. Im thinking try and last to thanksgiving, enjoy that with my family, and then go for broke. My best friend gets married in January, and my ex is the maid of honor, so I want to be as skinny as possible when I have to walk the aisle and take pictures with her.

You are not just "overweight" if you literally shake after a 20 hour fast. You have a problem

Well , you described what an addiction feel like , cause it is.
Man up fag

I want to switch over to OMAD after a 72 hour fast.
I'm worried that my first meal will make me want to eat more, though.
Is OMAD even worth it, or is managing cravings more difficult while on it?

Despite meme science it's hard to eat your TDEE, let alone overeat on OMAD

I've been on and off OMAD for about a year. I usually eat between 16:00-18:00 because I find it easier for me to push through the hunger during the morning. After the big meal I usually feel full until next morning and don't get hungry until 12:00-14:00 the next day. Also my meal varies around 1200 to 1500 calories a day, which is pretty low for me at 6'4" 190lbs.

Your body adapts. You'll be hungry at "mealtime" for a few days and then you'll get used to eating at the right time of the day. Chill out, have some black coffee during the day if you're hungry. The caffeine will stimulate the release of fatty acids, which will blunt your hunger.

Eat a big portion and wait. You'll be very full.

What about the brain guys?

I study CS and most of the time I've got pretty complex mathematics and I'm unsure if getting no glucose will make me more stupid and be an handicap for me.

Did you experience any cognitive loss while on a water fast? Like, brain fog or just more problems thinking straight?

Lightheadedness when your body switches from glucose to ketones. After that you get peak mental performance.

I can study and concentrate much much better when fasting, I also feel less tired.

My olive oil comes from my old man's farm.

How long does it take to get from 36% body fat to lets say 15%bf if im 244Ibs? Would I need to do a 24 hour fast everyday, or should I do a longer fast like 7 days or even longer if i want rapid results? Ive already done 2 24 hour fasts on seperate days

Brew some snake potion, fast from 36 to 9. Then gain mass with permanent abs.

Never heard of snake potion, unfortunately. What is that and what do you mean 36 to 9?