How do Ketofags get their Potassium in?

How do Ketofags get their Potassium in?

Are they doomed to eat nothing but avocados for the rest of their life?

You supplement it you dumb nigger

Supplement it like any other shit they can't normally get with their diet, you dumbass fucking piece of shit brainlet

what do you think the K in Keto stands for?

thread

It's almost like you can't even into basic nutrition...

Green leafy veg are some of the richest sources of potassium gram for mg.

100g of spinach has over 500mg of potassium. as does
>swiss chard
>beat greens
>kale
>water cress
>pak choi

Hell even plain old iceberg lettuce has 220mg per 100g serving and that shit is cheap enouogh they serve it at mcdonalds.

Sweet potatos, lima beans, and bamboo shoots are all freaking loaded in the stuff.

Artichokes and celery are almost entirely all soluble fiber and have a good quantity as well spiking your ketones

Almost all mushrooms are just as full of potassium as the leafy greens and have massive health benefits all on their own.

Even Veeky Forumss standby broccoli is loaded with the stuff and perefctly acceptable on a keto diet.

I mean, sure, if you're a retard and approach keto as:
>BACON FOR BREAKFAST!
>BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS FOR LUNCH
>BACON WRAPPED FILLET MIGNON COOKED IN THE LEFTOVER GREASE OF BREAKFAST AND LUNCH'S BACON DRIPPING

Then yeah, sure, potassium would be kind of a bitch to get. But as long as you eat your vegetables like a good wittle boi then you'll have no problem getting you fucking micronutrients.
>pic fucking related

But how does one get their potassium while ON KETO!?!

Dayum son, you just got skooled.

Can you still make sick gains on keto?

Pls respond
I might have to do keto for the rest of my life since I probably have the 'beetus

Yes. I've been ketogenic for the last 11 years on account of my husband's epilepsy. I've had no problem reaching my goals while ketogenic.

The biggest thing I've found is that a full transition takes upwards of half a year depending on how well you stay in ketosis.

When I fully transitioned that proverbial "wall" at mile 20 on the marathon completely vanished. It just up and disappeared. My heart rate for a given pace dropped nearly 10 beats. And I perform better and recover faster after a race while keto and not training year-round than I did on high carb with constant training.

'gains' are dumb
>muh lifting
kek
be keto cardio master race

But isn't carbs usually thought to be a better way to build muscle? Is there any truth to that?

If you suspect you have beetus then make sure to get a fasting insulin test as well when they do your bloodwork.

If your fasting insulin is over 5.0 then you're developing metabolic syndrome whether you're diabetic or not.

Also into IF16:8 and add in a minimum of 1 fasting day per week.

And for the love of god, whatever you do, DO NOT start insulin no matter how high your blood sugar is. If you're walking and talking and experiencing no acute effects then the only thing you need to do to treat high blood sugar is to stop adding glucose to the blood. That means no carbs, light protein, and high fat.

The extended fasting periods each day along with the fasting day will help mobilize organ fat and increase insulin sensitivity.

>IF16:8
I haven't heard about that before
When would I normally eat during a normal day?

Interesting thread. When vegans need to supplement b12 you idiots have problem with that but once you start keto and need to supplement potassium, fiber and so on.. its ok?

>But isn't carbs usually thought to be a better way to build muscle? Is there any truth to that?
Is there any truth the fact that people think high carb diets make it easier to build muscle? Yes.

But without any real evidence backing it up.

All I can point to is my personal experience with my own body and the people I've trained with fasting and keto. My clients reliably make much more significant improvements in their lifts compared to others.

There are some caveats. Endurance when you first transition is shit. You can easily expect to drop 20% of your weight on your weight for reps. You can readily expect to be more exhaused between sets, and require longer rest periods to repeat the effort.

This is all to be expected because your mitochondria have never had this demand placed on them. Up until now your cells have been using rocket fuel. It goes up in a flash effortlessly. But now you're saying to them
>"So yeah, I'm not giving you rocket fuel anymore. Instead here's this slow burning coal instead."
They literally need to rebuild their entire energy pathways to effectively utilize this new energy source for the first real time in your life.

On account of this reduction in performance people immediately throw their arms up in the air.
>"SEE! i'm WEAKER on keto!"
and they walk away from it.

You need to give it a minimum of six months. Every time you drop out of keto, add another 10 days or so to that estimate.

Once you get fully adapted you'll get back to your original lifts and find you have better energy levels, be able to perform for much longer times than before, and even have improved recovery time.

I'd like to add that I have tried keto for a while and I felt a lot better than I have for many years

>When would I normally eat during a normal day?
During the 8 hour window contained within 7:42am and 3:42pm. Don't start it earlier than 7:42, and whatever you do, don't ever eat past 3:45pm.

get nu-salt

Do you prefer to eat before or after workout?

I might be misunderstanding
Do you only eat one big meal during the entire day
?

Im being facetious. Eat during any 8 hour window you want. Maybe today you wake up early and want breakfast. Just make sure your last meals is within that 8 hour window. Maybe the next day you're taking your girl to dinner and the symphony and your reservations are at 7pm, so you'll skip breakfast at home and have a lte breakfast at work or just skip it entirely and go until lunch.

The only goal is to limit the window during the day during which you have fluctuating bloodsugar (and therefore insulin) levels while simultaneously maximizing the period of time during the day at which your body will be utilizing serum and stored energy instead of food energy.

>Do you prefer to eat before or after workout
Honestly I have no preference one way or the other. I do know if I peak my blood sugar a little high and go workout I'm not knocked out of keto too bad. But I do tend to zonk out a bit afterwards.

When it comes to cardio efforts I generally will skip cardio if I've eaten in the last 6-8 hours.

No.

Give yourself an 8 hour window.
6AM-2PM
Noon-8PM
7:15AM-3:15PM

It is during this window where you get all your calories. Eat two or three or seven meals and a dozen snacks if you want. Or take an Easy Bake oven to work and eat the stream of confectionaries coming out of it for all I give a shit as long as it fits your macros.

Then at any point in time during the rest of the day you're only allowed to drink water, tea, or black coffee.

That is not too far off from my current eating routine and I believe it could be entirely manageable
Thank you for helping me getting started with this. Low carb 'dieting' has improved my life quite a lot

The fasting day would be on a resting day where you consume nothing but water?

Why the fuck is this a popular thread?

If you're not keto adapted then, yes, fasting on a resting day.

>consume nothing but water
Yes. That is generally the definition accepted of "fasting".

You can drink tea and coffee as well if you're a caffeine addict. and you can even add fat to them if you want such as butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil. The fat while being a source of calories doesn't actually impact the fasting state.

>he doesnt do that keto version where all you do is take ketamine
are you even trying?

>Keto adapted
Is there a point where I should skip the fasting days?

Will the lack of eating for an entire day not have much of an effect on my progress?

Ketofags are retards. Ketoboy = soyboy, keto kills your testosterone.

493 before keto
984 after

Kek

356 before 751 after

How about free testosterone?