Effects of alcohol

How much of a goblin is alcohol?
I love whiskey and just got a new bottle of pic related, but want to know when it starts to be detrimental.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buying cheap scotch

What's a good one and how much does it cost

1-3 ounces of hard depends on body weight, and a few other things, beer is about 3 bottles around that point your testosterone production is put on hold while your body goes out of its way to get rid of the alcohol in your blood. Also while your body is breaking down the alcohol into a sugar it can use for energy any thing you eat is stored as fat. In all honesty it's just better to not drink at all.

It's poison. If you want to minimize the side effects drink highly distilled clear spirits without sugary mixers. A little bit of red wine is ok too.

Grab Glendronach 12 for about 60-70 bucks if you like a bit more refined, sweeter, style.

If you want something smoky/peaty get Kilchoman Machir Bay, or Ardbeg 10 for around 60-65. Laphroaig is still decent. Lagavulin 16 is shitty and meme-y now due to the Ron Swanson endorsement. Diageo dropped the ABV on Laga 16 to 40% a few years ago and the quality is seriously diminished but people still rave about it.

Never forget that older doesn't necessarily mean better whisky, it's just different.

Avoid anything McLellands, Singleton, or Macallan that isn't the 12 or above. Macallan itself isn't low quality, just massively overpriced by about 25-30%. Their 10 year stuff is garbage in my opinion.

Glenfiddich/Glenlivet 12 are OK but are pretty much the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale/Lagunitas IPA of the single malts in that they're super ubiquitous, sort of boring, but totally fine if you enjoy the fruity, honeyed, simple style.

Don't buy Johnny Walker Red. Black and Green are fine. Anything Blue/Gold/Platinum is meme-tier over-priced status symbol shit. They're tasty , I guess, but don't spend your own money on them.

fucking lol. people actually memeing about drugs? just drink 96% ethyl alcohol till your heads spinning and stop worrying about hipster bullshit unless you are an instagram bitch or a numale that wants to brag about shit he actually doesn't.

k

k mate keep trying to show off your insecurities. sure your online friends won't notice.

kk

You'll never make it faggot

>Drinking alcohol to get drunk
???
Not everyone is a retarded college student

Massive goblin.

If there ever was a useless waste of calories in liquid form it's alcohol. Worse than soda.

Drink water. Water and black coffee. Drop some lemons in the water if you want flavor.

Moderation you motherfucker.

>Johnny Walker
>Drinking anything but single malt

I used to drink a lot a couple of months ago
managed to cut it down to 1 beer a night ~3 times a week
I drink more about once or twice a month at social gatherings
it's a lot better to be sober man
I used to slam 2 sixpacks a night, wake up and go to the gym flat out hungover
no progression at all

^this

ayo a good blend is better than a cheap single malt
I once bought a 9€ bottle of single malt somehwere in poland
almost puked my fucking guts out for 3 days straight

>ingesting literal poison that tastes like shit for a reason other than its ability to change your mental state

Pretty tasty, 7/10 would recommend.

> Has internet
> Asks fit

No more than 2 drinks, no sooner than 4 hours after your workout. Drink water the entire time to spare your muscles as much as possible. If you get drunk, you lose gains.

> If you don't get drunk, why are you drinking?

What other purpose is there? It's objectively terrible for you.

Yeah I don't know why people drink coffee either?
Both me and my mum enjoy a glass of scotch on Sunday/every other Sunday and we're going to Scotland to tour and drink though, it's a fun hobby.

>tastes like shit

This is what I usually buy and current have in the cupboard, but I think next time I'm gonna go for an Ardbeg, which I haven't had for a while.

Ex-skelly eastern european turbo slav here.

I drink a lot every week, both my parents were alcoholics, my brother almost died from alcoholism. I've written my finals in high school slightly drunk. I know alcohol.

It is definitely a gains goblin, but it's definitely not the BIGGEST gains goblin. It's gonna try and stop you from eating a lot the next day, and hungover lifting is dangerous. But it did not prevent me from getting fit and reaching 1234. Think of it this way, there's always positive effects, and negative ones. Some are bigger than others. You're adding some negative effects there, but you can also add some positive ones, for example by eating right.

I'm 100% convinced that eating well, namely lots of meat and a lot of water before sleep, countereffects alcohol the best. Especially if you limit yourself to good alcohol, namely spirits like vodka, or whiskey. These are most pure out of all the alcohol and contain less nasty shit like formaldehyde etc. (I'm serious, google it).

But honestly, if you only drink once a week, it won't matter at all. Modesty is key.

Good luck op, you'll make it.
Also feel free to ask me anything.

Ethenol tastes like shit no matter what plant its made from. You can cover it up with whatever you like to make it taste better but the alcohol itself does taste like shit.

Tastes like old rubber .its like drinking a tire.

>want to get Veeky Forums so start going out sober
>get iois from hot girls but too anxious to appraoch
>have completely uneventful boring nights

>last time I went out I gave up and get really drunk
>make out with a bunch of ugly girls
>friends look visibly disapointed

McLellands is a wonderful option for people who want to get to know the different styles of scotch before paying out the ass for a Lagavulin 16 year and realizing that they can't stand peaty whiskies.

>Implying price=quality
>Implying people can't drink what they like

I disagree. I bought it to send my buddy off after he got out the marine corps and the 4 of us who deployed together had a pretty good time with it. But not everyone likes everything obviously. What do you recommend friend?

This feels like they poor liquid smoke in it almost and I love it. Want to try something fruity but I havent had a lot of experience bc I'm only 21 and am in the marine corps which is made of 99% Jack and Jameson.

This and Glenlivet 12 cover my bases thoroughly for taste. Glenlivet if I want something milder and Laphroaig if I want to eat smoke.

>he doesn't drink wine every dinner

It does for whisky.

Not a quality thing, just supply and demand.
Old whisky costs more than young whisky because the supply is lower than young whisky (since it takes longer to make). Since everyone thinks old whisky is better, demand goes up.
higher demand and lower supply means price goes up.

Age makes a whisky different, not better.

You know you've reached Numale Redditor/Buzzfeed Test Levels when you start being elitist about fucking alcohol.

Anyone else only drink once every 2-4 weeks? I don't like it, and i don't like what it does to my body.

>Dehydrates body
>Dries up your joints
>All your nutrients get wasted since your body thinks it's a poison
>Always feel weaker the next day after drinking

Girlfriend always complains when we go out i don't drink, especially if i had gym that day and i had a great workout. I have excellent self control.

Just because your palette is not refined enough to appreciate the complexities of a good scotch doesn't mean other people shouldn't drink it either. And I'm sure a ton of those people can outlift you too. Go cope somewhere else.

>calling whisky scotch.

Glass houses user

Glenfiddich is scotch though you pseud

you need to drink better alcohol
not even joking
it won't prevent hangovers but there's a huge difference between top and bottom shelf

OKAY SO I've seen conflicting information on alcohol. Besides the obvious sugary flavored alcohol, there are people here that claim that you don't absorb most calories in an alcoholic drink because the human body can't absorb those kinds of carbs. the only study I've been able to find on google say the body absorbs them enough for you to just count it from what you see in calorie counters. WHICH IS IT

Do you have delicious tipsy sex?

Just drink screwdrivers and never be hungover again

Gin Screwdrivers > screwdrivers

Holy shit you're a manchild.

worse than soda?
I don't think soda ever got any autists laid

Stfu retard. Pure ethanol would do the same thing.

>ah yes, true connoisseurs like myself prefer a well aged scotch - straight of course

Anyone who doesn't relax with an alcoholic drink every night is a fucking loser

4u

>Every night
That uhh...
Might be a bit much, user.

a glass a night is a bit much?

Drink sparingly and infrequently, and you'll have no problems.

It pretty much goes directly to your gut as fat so don't expect to have abs if you drink unless if you're a dyel skelly. That's really it tho

how will my cocaine habit affect my agains

cocaine is awesome for getting shit done

who else gets proper fucked on the weekend and cuts shapes here

Does it make me a cuck if I drink my scotch over ice? I like it to be cooled down, and I can still taste the flavors.

youtube.com/watch?v=YVG1U-faqHY

Well. I know nothing on the actual science of how it might be stealing my gains after drinking, but i do know the resulting hangover stops me from going to the gym and makes me feel like shit. This is enough for me to moderate my drinking. I'm a simple man.

Depends if you want to be a Greek god or just strong and in good shape.

My friend is a severe alcoholic, drinks minimum 15 cans and a bottle of wine per night and is still in great shape and lifts heavy. Of course, he's probably a genetic freak too.

But I know plenty of guys who love the sauce and still make gains. However I should note I live in ireland. It's in our blood.

I couldn't sleep after a night out once and thought Id sobered up so, off to the gym I went.

It was only as a started sprinting on the treadmill did I realise that last pint if wine had only hit me then and that I was fucking drunk.still finished my lifts and the drunkedness gave me yard stranger but it was a bit surreal and very stupid. Didn't do any lifts that required assistance obviously.

DÉJÀ VU

It’s one of the worst modern day gains goblins known to man. People who have sick (natural) healthy physiques don’t party very often if not at all