How much would I need to lift in order to win a fight against a gorilla?

How much would I need to lift in order to win a fight against a gorilla?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html
youtu.be/Y5vE3VQdLa4
youtube.com/watch?v=6k_eNuLq3O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

roughly 1.105 kg

though I don't know how much muscle you'll need to effectively handle the recoil

That’s not even a gorilla nigger

The chimp in your pic? You could beat one right now, if you were willing to risk losing your testicles, fingers, or nose. Chimp strength is equivalent to an average humans, they are just PROPORTIONALLY stronger than us. 2 times. A gorilla? You would never beat a gorilla in a fight, but you could scare it. They are fucking pussies.

Chimps do a lot of damage with biting. It would be fun to see the fight against a man of similar weight if it was muzzled.

>Chimp strength is equivalent to an average humans, they are just PROPORTIONALLY stronger than us.
Rephrase this.

Jesus christ quit making these threads you fucking retard
Pic related. It's you
>sage in all fields

>gorilla

Do you not understand? A chimp for its size is stronger than a human, but a human is not nearly as weak as a chimps strength. Not taking into account size. This whole notion that chimps are around 5-7 times stronger than a human is ridiculous. slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2009/02/how_strong_is_a_chimpanzee.html

LOOK AT THOSE BALLS

Chimpanzee are about 4 times as strong as a human you mong.

>sage with an image

>
There is no amount of lifting a human can do to ever fight a gorilla.

Now a chimpanzee on the other hand, would also kill any human. Read a book OP.

Absolutely bollocks. Read the article in this.

You will never beat a full grown healthy gorilla in a fight.

>slate.com

nigger what the fuck are you doing.

>22lr

>not using a .45 hollowpoint

It's like you want to get raped by gorilla dick.

You're full of shit, an average male chimp dead lifts 1400 pounds.

I'm much larger than your average human (6'8, 335), I lift, I have basic fighting training, I'm mean.

I have a less than 5% chance against a chimp. They literally rip faces off. I can't do that

not with that attitude

Have you ever seen a gorilla in real life? You can't lift enough, their arms are too long you have no chance.

you sound like such a big pussy

That explains how they can easily rip peoples scalps off without hitting the gym daily

Hey man, go fight a chimp. I'll pay a hundred bucks to watch that. Enjoy your squishy bits like testicles being torn off.

I mean I have a gameplan. I'm bigger and smarter than it, I still don't think I've got much chance in a hand to hand confrontation. I'll go full speed because that's, you know, the only way you can fight something like that, but knowing the odds aren't in your favor isn't really a pussy thing.

A gorilla would fuck anyone up with ease

It doesn't take as much force as you'd think to rip someone's face off. Still probably couldn't take a chimp though.

That's a fair point, if it's true. Never tried to rip a face off.

Go spend a lifetime training with sasquatches

I want to believe.

Anyone who thinks they can 1v1 unarmed fight a chimp is retarded let alone a fucking gorilla which can hulk slam you into mash.

Could Brock Lesnar beat a silverback gorilla?

not much
just enrage it until it comes charging at you full speed and then spartan kick its face as it gets close. a spartan kick from a normal dyel can generate at least 500lbs, 1 ton if you lift, and the monkey takes that to the face while running full speed.

LIGHTS OUT NIGGER

> The male common chimp stands up to 1.2 m (3.9 ft) high. Male adult wild chimps weigh between 40 and 60 kg
>all of these """"men"""" afraid of a literal animanlet.

I don't care how much retard strength they have I'm not afraid of a 120 pound chimplet.

Obviously a gorilla would destroy any person, but that's because they weigh 300-400 pounds. It'd be like having an even crazier, stupider Big Lenny coming at you.

brian shaw weights 204pounds

>You're full of shit, an average male chimp dead lifts 1400 pounds.
American education.

NO. A fucking chimp and a young smaller one would fucking kill him.

ur gonna get rekt by gorilla warfare

you can never win a "fight to the death" against a chimp, but it's possible that he gives you the win (i.e. backs off) if you hit some good kicks and show your strength, even if he already fucked your face up.

You know how in a street fight the one who wins most of the time is the least reserved person, the one who doesn't give a fuck and can and will kill or maim you.

That's the average day for most territorial/predatory animals, you will always be reserved due to decades of social evolution and years being told what to do, the chimp doesn't have a single fuck to give, just like the bears who rip peoples faces off for sport, and that's why you'll lose.

and like user said, it's strength is relative, just like an ant can lift fucktons more than it's body weight.

not even meming right now, but i feel like someone who is well trained in martial arts could potentially kill a chimp.

i have 0 idea and am making this up as i go, but theoretically if you get on it's back and put it in a rear naked choke how is it going to stop you?

i'd imagine chimps wouldn't have the conscious thought to prevent you from getting them in such a position.

am i wrong?

>Sweat in a gym with hairy apes my entire life with nobody to admire me.
>Play vidya and eat snacks for the rest of my life while people admire my shitposts.

Hmm... tough choice... but why do I currently spend way more time at #1 than I would like.

I got attacked by a big dog once and put him in a rear naked, no joke, but a chimp would be able to reach and grab you. They dont have the mobility limitations of a dog. They are also MUCH stronger. I wouldnt want to fight a chimp and if I or any human tried I think its very likely they would lose, but if I had to that's probably what I would try to do. That and eye gouging.

even if they can reach you/do grab you what's that going to change?

if your legs are wrapped around their torso they're not going to be able to somehow rip you off their back.

the scenario i imagined was being lying on the floor with the monkey wrapped up in your legs, arms around its throat snapping its shit up.

they only weigh 120lbs and in that situation i can't see any way that they could recover

TLDR: it's possible to murder a chimp

adding on this, they could potentially reach your face and scratch your shit up, but you'd just put your face into their neck/back so you're safe, only other posibility is them ripping your nuts off whilst in that position but they'd probably be more concerned about trying to get your hands off your neck i'd imagine.

if you didn't straight up snap it's neck it'd be out cold in sub 10 seconds.

An average human male (~160lbs-180lbs) weighs a lot more than a chimp (~110lbs) even if only about half the strength pound for pound, so I think if you were trained well enough, you might be able to put it in a hold and choke or crush it.

^^ honestly for enough money and with sufficient protection on head and nuts i'd probably try it. i weigh almost 2x what a chimp does. sneak up on it without it being aware a fight was about to initiate, choke it out and rip.

easy money.

probably being naive right now but surely even a well trained human @110lbs couldn't take on someone who weighs, say 240lbs, and that's regardless of their training and human brain. sheer strength and mass would win in my (very uninformed) opinion

read the fucking sticky

>there is no way you can break the neck of pic related

Maybe, and that's a pretty big maybe, you could fight off a chimp, but even a mandrill would destroy you. Gorilla would snap you in half

youtu.be/Y5vE3VQdLa4

This video shows a man swinging a violent, wild chimp around in the air. Imagine if he was a strong, trained fighter. He could've slammed the chimp into the ground

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Theres no way a human can win a chimp in a fight and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking retard. They are so absurdly strong, they would just rip you apart.
Striking is straight out the window, chimps are way too agile to land a significant blow on, in the 1 second time frame you have until its on you, tearing your face out.
And no you can't just grapple with them you idiots, because they will just break every joint they can get their hands on and rip every appendage off. Try holding a chimp in a lock with your stupid little stumps when it has twisted your hands off. It matters fuck all how big you are, a chimp wont even notice the difference in resistance as it peels off your dick, face and puny small joints.
And I won't even get started on their bone crushing teeth and bite.

The only way to win a chimp in a 1v1 is with a High caliber gun.

Or a machete

6'7fag again, I'll drop one with a .22 pistol. I don't think I'd fare well against an uninjured one, but a couple bullets would slow it down enough I'm pretty confident I'd come out on top.

Or even kill it or knock it out but I'm not gonna count on that with a .22.

>Muscle strength
Chimpanzees are known for possessing great amount of muscle strength, especially in their arms. However, compared to humans the amount of strength reported in media and popular science is greatly exaggerated with numbers of four to eight times the muscle strength of a human. These numbers stem from two studies in 1923 and 1926 by a biologist named John Bauman.[35][36] These studies were refuted in 1943 and an adult male chimp was found to pull about the same weight as an adult man.[37] Corrected for their smaller body sizes, chimpanzees were found to be stronger than humans but not anywhere near four to eight times.

Who is the real retard here?

REALLY MAKES ME THINK, HMM

please watch "Rise of the Warrior Apes"

It's a fantastic documentary about wild chimps, they are fucking brutal.

Sweet post bro

Just do keto and smoke some weed

Gorillas are all show, watch the first 2 minutes:
youtube.com/watch?v=6k_eNuLq3O4

gorillas are actually very noble animals

they dont wanna fight they just use intimidation very well

until they rise up

nice balls chimpo

Nice video

Just watched it. Very interesting documentary.

You forgot to add: In the 1960s these tests were repeated and chimpanzees were found to have twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights

>great amount of muscle strength, especially in their arms
>twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights
>pulling weights

Rope pulling is done with legs and core. They are two times stronger in a test that is in favor of the human.
They have crazy upper body strength, which just confirms my point about them tearing your shit apart.

You're not going to have a tug of war with it, you retard.

That's twice per pound, if we're thinking of the same study. No difference in absolute.

This is because chimps are all fast-twitch muscle fiber. They'd also tire out more easily, for the same reason. So the average chimp is as strong as the average lab technician, but would tire faster. So they're weak as fuck compared to most dudes who lift.

They'd still fuck you up, but not because of muh chimp super strength

Your point about rope-pulling is retarded af btw

>They'd still fuck you up, but not because of muh chimp super strength

because chimps go for hands,eyes, nose and groin first. And bite the fuck out of these areas.

>Gorillas are all show
No, a gorilla is that guy who is pretty nice but could one bomb you into an early grave if need be.

>implying they didn't rise up already

Man ur retalded

Their legs and feet are like arms and hands

Please link us a video of a chimp deadlifting 1400lbs ir even half that amount.

They fucking rip off testicles and fingers

Chimps are still like half our body weight so it's not impossible to take one out. That said your may lose your testicles in the process.

You are not going to win a fight against a gorilla without weapons purely because of the way a gorilla is built not even putting into account its sheer strength and muscle twitch.

Its the teeth man. They can bite you dead.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS