What workout routine does Veeky Forums recommend for my gf?

What workout routine does Veeky Forums recommend for my gf?

treadmill, that's it

Why?

it's not virtuous for a woman to lift weights - it's a man's venture. a feminine being should not do masculine things.

Don't eat like a pregnant bear mother. That's it. Perfect as is.

5x5

SS +GOMAD, then practical programming or texas method. Cardio time on my dick on off days.

Read the sticky faggot.

"The blessing of good children and numerous children needs little explanation.
For the commonwealth it consists in a large number of good young men, good in bodily excellences, such as stature, beauty, strength, fitness for athletic contests; the moral excellences of a young man are self-control and courage. For the individual it consists in a number of good children of his own, both male and female, and such as we have described. Female bodily excellences are beauty and stature, their moral excellences self-control and industrious habits, free from servility.5 The object of both the individual and of the community should be to secure the existence of each of these qualities in both men and women; for all those States in which the character of women is unsatisfactory, as in Lacedaemon, may be considered only half-happy."

300 years BC, women are described by Aristotle as virtuous when they abund in self-control, courage, beauty, stature, strength and fitness for athletic contests. A virtuous society is defined as promoting all values in both men and women, else they are only half-happy.

Aristotle isn't the beacon of truth. Lifting weights is manly, women shouldn't be manly, therefore women shouldn't lift weights.

Aristotle just lists a number of virtues. If a virtue is good in a man, why shouldn't it be good in a woman?
Not even going against traditional gender roles; just asking if, in your opinion, women should not be virtuous.

>If a virtue is good in a man, why shouldn't it be good in a woman?
A man should be virtuous, a woman should also be virtuous. Men and women are fundamentally different, thus their parameters of virtue would be fundamentally different. Women should be virtuous, but the way in which they are virtuous is different to a man.

As I said, just to keep it clear, I don't argue against the differences between men and women. I am just arguing that virtues are universal and apply to both men and women equally. Another point entirely is the presence of gender-specific virtues such as motherly instincts, the existence of which I agree with.
This being said, define those two ways, please. I am interested in taking a look at your personal outlook. Am I wrong in assuming you have biblical influences?

I agree that most virtues apply to both men and women, but I would argue that there are some gender-specific virtues.
I'm not sure how I would define these two ways, but I would point to the work of Edmund Burke as a starting point - in particular his writing on beauty and the sublime. And yes, you would be correct to assume biblical influences.

One if you two needs to call the other a fag or something because this conversation is way to civil and I'm getting nervous.

I am not particularly philosophically literate, so I'm missing Burke. I'll definitely take a more detailed look at his work. At a glance, though, he seems to define the beautiful as that which is well-formed and aesthetically pleasing. Considering that phisical fitness is also an indicator of physical beauty (and vice versa), wouldn't striving towards a better bodily form be virtuous for women as well as men?

As for the biblical influences, may I ask what kind? Just a personal inquiry, I am trying to get back in touch with faith and I want to learn more about what Christianity has to offer (unless I'm off-track and you speak from a jewish perspective, in which case the question stands and I apologise for the blunder)

I noticed the same thing. I guess we've been here too long, user.

I certainly agree that physical wellbeing and attractive aesthetics are a part of a woman having beauty. But in saying that, delicacy and fragility are also part of a woman being beautiful (and hence virtuous), if we are going by Burkean philosophy. A woman should definitely have a good body, but she also have fragility and delicacy, which is why is posit that a woman should avoid weight training.

As for the biblical influences, look into the ethics and virtues talked about in Paul's writings and also in the books of poetry (in particular Proverbs and Song of Solomon).

sheiko

SS+GOMAD

Now I understand where you're coming from, I appreciate the discussion. I will definitely take a look at Burke and the rest that you recommend, though I keep agreeing more with Aristotle than with you so far.

Thank you for the pleasant exchange, user

my dick x f

I appreciate it too, user. That's fine if you disagree with me, we all have our different views on things. Thank you too for the discussion.

You're no beacon of truth yourself

I never claimed to be.

1 rep won't do much user.

Aristotle is more a beacon of truth than you are, retard.

I'm going to assume you've never read any Greeks, period.

Eat more and consume hops to grow those boobs

Squats, diddlies, ab work, cardio. Nothing else

you just now that's a semen drop down her belly