Training going to shits after adding cardio

Hi guys, hoping you can give me some advice.

> been lifting for 2,5 years now
> doing PPL for the last 6 months and progressing nicely
> recently decided I want to get in better running and swimming shape
> started to add one HIIT day and one swimming day between the PPL days
> great progress last 2 months
> this week, pull day went horrible, push day pretty much the same
> first exercise on both days were fine but after that I just sucked at the rest
> today I could barely run for 5 minutes at the speed I usually do 15mins on.
> lost the feeling in arms and almost passed out

What gives? I feel fine in the head, sleep and diet has been pretty good. Do I need a rest week or something? Any other tips?

I must confess, I've been having 1 to 2 beers each night the last week, but that cant be it, can it?

if thats the only thing that you changed then its only logical that the beer is the cause

You're obviously overtrained and also an idiot.

I don't know. Alcohol pretty much makes it impossible to lift; I just lose motivation and energy. Any diet changes?

its not, also the added cardio

thanks

but in such small quantities? No other diet changes, am gaining weight slow and steady

Do you guys ever take a rest week?
Been going at it non stop since summer

i would suggest dropping the beer because its estrogenic garbage anyway and see if it gets better

How about one week off to rest, relax and recover?

you added the cardio 2 months ago if i understand right. highly unlikely that cardio is causing it especially considering you started frequently drinking beer the last week. you should drop the beer and see if it gets better

1 to 2 beers a night isn't a small amount of beer.

Yeah I'll have to do that. Usually just drinking on the weekends, I have no excuse to drink on weekdays.

I feel like that is what my body wants but I'm no expert. How often do you guys take a week off, if ever?

>highly unlikely that cardio is causing it especially considering you started frequently drinking beer the last week. you should drop the beer and see if it gets better
You are just as idiotic as him.

Let me guess: Both of you are American.

I, OP, am not american. care to share your wisdom on the matter?

>I feel like that is what my body wants but I'm no expert.
Well, then listen to that signal of your body. The only expert for your body is you.

Another thing: You eat enough carbs or do at least some loading days once in a while?

No wisdom
Another fat out of shape powerlifting faggot who thinks that they know it all.

Do NOT do HIIT

HIIT is still anaerobic exercise, it depleats your muscles and interferes with your lifting
do low intensity cardio, full aerobic

I take a week off sometimes. Probably because I'm a pussy, though.

Yeah I make a lot of home made food and load on meaty spaghetti dishes. I'm slowly gaining weight again so I believe the diet is good, minus the beer.

alright, thanks for your honesty though

I have to do some form of cardiovascular running, I'm training for a 3km run. Need to get under 12 mins, last week I managed 12.30, today I couldn't run 1km.

Some times, like every second month? I've usually gotten stopped by injury or other shit but this has been an uneventfull fall with full focus on training. Am also a bit of a pussy sometimes. At least I feel like one today

Didn't read any of your post, but the solution is to eat more

just keep the run at low intensity, steady pace, if you're getting any burns or latic acid build-up it may fuck with your lifting
and being that active means you need to eat more than usual.

>I have to do some form of cardiovascular running, I'm training for a 3km run. Need to get under 12 mins, last week I managed 12.30, today I couldn't run 1km.
Maybe getting stronk and getting fast are two goals that won't fit that good together?

So you guys don't think beer has anything to do with it?

yeah I know it's counter productive, but I'm going for special forces tryouts in june.. I got the strength goals down but need some better stamina in running swimming and rucking to get top grade.

But I won't stop lifting, it's half my life, I know you guys can relate..

^this
Young Lifter here, but cardio is somewhat more taxing than usual lifts.
In my case, my workout improved by
> Running slower
but
> Running further

I've read a lot about slow and long distance running fucking a lot with your hormones and shit though. I used to be a long distance runner before I fell in love with lifting, so it was a bit of a pain to stop doing that so much. Was hungry skellington most of my life.

define long distance

5000meters and further is what I'd classify as long distance

Hm, can't exactly say if it fk'd my hormones. But, overall, I feel pretty fit after a good, long run, even if it's 0°C.
Otherwise, you could try to do some interval training. As far as I've asked some buddies, it works out just aswell.
Btw.: As others already mentioned, you should ignore alcohol like the ploughin black plague.

yeah I've never had trouble with running either, but I'm afraid it fucks with lifting performance and weight gain.

Yeah I know about the alcohol, I just love beer so much. But I have to reach my goals so I'll just have to cut down on the weekday drinking.

Do swimming you fool

i am once a week