How do you keep yourself occupied during the mind-numbing borefest that is cardio?

How do you keep yourself occupied during the mind-numbing borefest that is cardio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BAs8weim90M&list=PLeogPTA03KQ_vl0v9G04dexcCkBxfed_3
youtube.com/watch?v=my1vupvCgwA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHeCfaSOHAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mobile games, audio book, i don't actually do those but i always thought theyd work well. i only do cardio outside and live in a rural area so scenery is nice

I can't afford a phone though

Podcasts, music, motivational speeches, people watch (if in the gym), talking to myself mentally.

When all else fails, just start doing math problems in your head.

okay then you need to run your ass right on down to the job corps and get yourself a phone because the year is 2008 and there's no reason not to have one

>When all else fails, just start doing math problems in your head.

Such as?

Try doing exponents until the numbers are so large that you can no longer multiply anymore

that'll last me a good 30 seconds and 10 solves

I either listen to an audiobook or I play Call of Duty, my treadmill is set up right next to a TV. 30 minutes goes by really quickly, its just 3 games of Domination and I find myself going at a higher tempo without thinking about it.

How the hell do you play a vidya while running?

why are you even at the gym
>tfw too intelligent to lift

Why even bother lift/do cardio when you're so poor you can't even afford a phone
Don't you think you would make better use of your time getting a job?

>>my treadmill is set up right next to a TV. 30 minutes goes by really quickly, its just 3 games of Domination and I find myself going at a higher tempo without thinking about it.

It's actually fairly simple, you just forget you're actually running and focus on the game.

A fit person without a job is looked upon more favorably then an unfit person without a job

Play euphoric trance to promote that runner's high

No but i mean practically, since you're constantly moving around and you can't keep your hands still.

Practically, you can run quite easily and keep your hands in front of you holding a controller. It isn't difficult at all, even at a high tempo. I don't know about you, but when I run normally my hands are pretty close together in front of my body already

But that's the wrong way, you need to move your arms as well. Not fling them around, but keep them in motion.

Music.

Maybe I don't swing my arms as much as others, but it works for me. I hate cardio and this is a great way to make the time flow a bit quicker.

Post some good playlists then

I cycle to work, so I don't get bored with cardio. For one thing, its something I have to do, for another, dodging shitty drivers who are trying to kill me is endlessly entertaining.

I consider a day without a near-death experience a day not fully lived.

I phantasize about conquering the world.

Watch tv but I agree, it can be so boring sometimes

Go find a rowing machine, row with proper technique and you won't have much time to think.

Podcasts mainly. I just like the noise. I like running in the forest listening to spooky stories cause it feels like you might get murdered so you run faster.

>tfw no forests where i live

are you 13?

Moving to a wildly different environment so I'll know that feel in 2019.

Focus on the suffering famalam

>mind-numbing borefest that is cardio?

The mind-numbing borefest keeps my mind off of how much I hate my life and is one of the most enjoyable parts of my day.

>mind-numbing borefest that is cardio
Go harder. Put on some music and go as hard as you can until your body can't take it, same as you would with lifting weights. If you maintain a legitimately strenuous pace, your cardio workout will be over in less than 20 minutes. This is how you increase your overall cardiovascular endurance. Don't be like those geezers that jog at a sick 3mph on the treadmill for 45 minutes. You're not going to make any gains that way.

ez
youtube.com/watch?v=BAs8weim90M&list=PLeogPTA03KQ_vl0v9G04dexcCkBxfed_3
youtube.com/watch?v=my1vupvCgwA

>Nintendo Switch
>Controller in each hand

>walk into gym to do 5k
>try finding something on the tv
> Ric Flair 30 for 30 on
>Woooooooooooo

>wah wah I can't do something as simple as running without being spoonfed electronic stimulation :(

fuck yourself

Nobody is trying to kill you, I shouldn't have to share a road for multiple thousands pound vehicles that go 100km/h with some skinny prick on a bike though.

This is where you train your attention and concentration. Focus on nothing but the running.

Only few Veeky Forumsizens are capable.

i have never figured out a way. usually i give up and climb off out of sheer boredom.

Audiobook
Lol poor people

Are you me?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHeCfaSOHAw

you can get a cheap ass phone for like $30 on ebay. you don't even have to activate it. or get an mp3 player for even less. maybe $5.